Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.?

BiffSplitkins

THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.

But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.

Read More

• Like 1

It is an interesting question.

I guess I come down on the side of intent. If these people are motivated to do something like this, then the assumption is that they will find/figure out the means to carry it out.

This is coming up with the Occupy members who wanted to blow the bridge in Ohio. I'm sure there have been dozens if not hundreds of such conversations during those cold rainy nights sitting in Occupy tents, but that's all they were - conversations. If an FBI informant were to then say "well, you know, I know a guy that can make this happen" most folks would say, "nah man, we're just bull****ting around". But in the case of the small percentage who say, "yeah, that sounds cool," I'm glad it's the FBI providing the dummy bombs.

Edited by Rafterman

Certainly government stings are not new, but neither are they a particularly high standard for good law enforcement.

It's rather like the old John DeLorean cocaine sting. Tempt people, and a certain percentage will fall for the temptation.

These things MANUFACTURE crime, they do not prevent it. Like everything about the Global War On Terror, they are hoaxes and deceptions. Only the simple think they protect us from anything at all. The upside for the bureaucracy is that they keep the prisons and courts full. The average citizen does not understand that, and so it will never end.

• Like 1

Certainly government stings are not new, but neither are they a particularly high standard for good law enforcement.

It's rather like the old John DeLorean cocaine sting. Tempt people, and a certain percentage will fall for the temptation.

These things MANUFACTURE crime, they do not prevent it. Like everything about the Global War On Terror, they are hoaxes and deceptions. Only the simple think they protect us from anything at all. The upside for the bureaucracy is that they keep the prisons and courts full. The average citizen does not understand that, and so it will never end.

Well, exactly. It's all part of the industry that keeps manufacturing Terrorism, so that they can be sure they'll never run out. Because of course, Governments don't want to defeat terrorism; if there wasn't a Terrorist threat, they'd have to invent one.

Er .... :unsure2:

Edited by 747400
  • Like 1

Exactly right 747.

As long as the population is kept in a state of fear and uncertainty, the government can do as it pleases.

As some Marine Corps General said some years back, terror is a natural reaction in the human species. Terrorism is the deliberate manipulation or exploitation of that reaction.

Edited by Babe Ruth

Well, exactly. It's all part of the industry that keeps manufacturing Terrorism, so that they can be sure they'll never run out. Because of course, Governments don't want to defeat terrorism; if there wasn't a Terrorist threat, they'd have to invent one.

Er .... :unsure2:

Just like the war on drugs. I war that can not be won and one the goverment makes sure never ends. How can people trust a government that is the enemy. CIA smuggles dope the ATF smuggles guns and the FBI smuggles terrorists.

Creating crime instead of preventing it is easier.

And it assures steady increases in annual budgets!

what happened to you people when i was away?

..it's like.. you can all see the bull**** now :tu:

actually... this is disturbing O_o

too many people getting fed up

Edited by unit

the FBI aint that clever ;)

• 1 month later...

the FBI aint that clever ;)

you better believe they are - they have unlimited resources, taxes and borrowing