Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Next Yellowstone Supereruption Is Closer

Still Waters

The good news: scientists have discovered that "the Yellowstone super-volcano is a little less super than previously thought." The bad news: the Yellowstone super-volcano is "more active than previously thought." That means eruptions are more frequent. So the next one is likely closer than previously predicted. Gulp.

http://gizmodo.com/5...-than-you-think

Meh so there is a slightly higher chance it might erupt tomorrow ... or in 100,000 years. Forgive me if I don't panic.

• Like 3

Last time I remember that yellow stone did let some pure out some point and seen nice picture of lava flow that made horse tail coming down. I know some point yellow stone volcano is going to blow its top no one knows when or that time when it does. Only the data keeps track on some movement going on there. Due to the plates push with force and it does something with volcanoes lava tubes and it dose waken dormant volcanoes its not just yellow stone that people has to worry about it’s the ones that are hidden to watch out for.

it’s the ones that are hidden to watch out for.

How do you watch out for something that's hidden? It's like saying, when you're walking in a minefield, "watch out for mines". I mean, how exactly do you do that?

"Close" in geological terms still can hundreds of thousands of years off. Must be a slow news day.

Yeah, the problem is that we have no clue as to when it's going to happen if it does.

But sure thing is that it would be a massive extinction event worldwide.

If it's 'only' going to happen in several centuries or milleniums, then we have by far more important preocupations for now as far as the environment and life in general is concerned.

The birth of Snookie's baby, and the loss of Dick Clark's ringing in the New Year fortells such and event. Well played Myans... well played...

• Like 1

The ground has been swelling around Yellowstone for a long time. They also think they may have found a new supervolcano in Bolivia. The ground has swelled up in about a 43 mile wide area.

Zombie Volcano or New Supervolcano?

We'll see what happens on December 21st! lol

...as we approach the winter solstice...

It's not even summer solstice yet

hmm, I dunno, tehy could be wrong about this. But just incase I'm gonna move to Ireland now...

hmm, I dunno, tehy could be wrong about this. But just incase I'm gonna move to Ireland now...

Ah weel now, a ghrá mo chroí, afore ye get too hasty - dere's a smallish lump appeared boi de kitchen stoop just now. Me da sez it's a mole, or a cracked sewage poipe, but oi have me doubts.

s2977.gif

Sláinte chugat

Edited by ealdwita

You sure you wanna move to Ireland it's very close to Germany

And here is another link

Edited by Paracelse

The ground is also swelling around the Three Sisters in the Oregon Cascade range.

I wonder how many other places this is going on. How many eminent eruptions around the world are there right now. I know a volcano in Mexico is about to blow.

I have a Yellostone on my face that might blow any second....

I say betelgeuse goes supanova before yellostone blows again.

Well, I live up here about 200 miles away from West Yellowstone Park and I have never been afraid of anything, I lived in the town of West Yellowstone and had a blast. We were never afraid of anything, we figured the incident on Hebgan Lake was enough for a while. ( in 1959?)

So, nobody is going to respond to this topic, maybe I got a little too deep. I am really looking for some physic wierd crap that has happened to me and wonder if the same has happened to any of you out there?

I've been threw a few eruptions to know that it's always good to be prepared w/a few respirators, flash light & duck tape :) Okay now you have to spill it.... what happened at Hebgan Lake?

I've been hearing the same story for about 10 years now, someone must be bored... :sleepy: