Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain Wouldn't, Romney Shouldn't, & Bush

THE MATRIX

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/republicans-wouldnt-shouldnt-couldnt-get-bin-laden#two

Here are two helpful reminders for apoplectic conservatives: Until Barack Obama shows up on a U.S. aircraft carrier in a flight suit and an over-sized cod piece, no GOP loyalist can criticize him for boasting about the operation that killed Osama Bin Laden. And no Republican can claim that "other presidents and candidates like myself" would have ordered that high-risk mission in Pakistan. After all, in 2008 John McCain said he wouldn't. Mitt Romney said we shouldn't. And despite his tough-talk about getting Bin Laden "dead or alive," George W. Bush simply couldn't.

On Friday, the still bitter McCain declared, "Shame on Barack Obama for diminishing the memory of September 11th and the killing of Osama bin Laden by turning it into a cheap political attack ad." For his part, the 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney scoffed that "even Jimmy Carter would have given that order." Unfortunately for the Republican propaganda machine, we know that neither John McCain nor Mitt Romney would have supported the Special Forces strike deep in Pakistan. We know this, because they told us so.

Edited by THE MATRIX

Well, we saw Saddam get captured. We have yet to see anything in relation to Osama. Any evidence at all? Nope, zero, none, zilch.

That's all assuming that OBL was actually killed by Seal Team 6.

If he wasn't, the conversation is just sound & fury, signifying nothing at all but the gullibility of the media and the public.

So what you are basically saying is that Obama is all for assassinating targets outside of an active warzone in a foreign county, but Romney, McCain and Bush were opposed to it? I myself, a staunch conservative and soldier would not have supported this action... A special forces strike in another country, with permission, to locate and CAPTURE a known enemy of not only the US but of the world is one thing... but to do so with the sole intent of killing said target... is a whole 'nother story in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, im happy OBL is gone, wether or not it actually happened that day and how the official story tells that it happened is something I am not qualified to comment on... I just believe he should have been taken alive and put on trial... we are all about truth and justice..... remember?

• Like 3

Excellent point Dredimus!

My opinion is that, all things considered, if they ACTUALLY knew where OBL was, they would have captured him (just like they did Saddam), brought him to New York City and paraded him down Broadway with Rudy Giuliani sodomizing him on parade.

So what you are basically saying is that Obama is all for assassinating targets outside of an active warzone in a foreign county, but Romney, McCain and Bush were opposed to it? I myself, a staunch conservative and soldier would not have supported this action... A special forces strike in another country, with permission, to locate and CAPTURE a known enemy of not only the US but of the world is one thing... but to do so with the sole intent of killing said target... is a whole 'nother story in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, im happy OBL is gone, wether or not it actually happened that day and how the official story tells that it happened is something I am not qualified to comment on... I just believe he should have been taken alive and put on trial... we are all about truth and justice..... remember?

Thankyouverymuch!

To forego the intelligence that they could have got from him, not to mention showing to the World that America holds Justice above all, is almost criminally negligent, in my book.

It would have had an immeasurably greater value than the momentary euphoria of "getting him".

• Like 1

I also recall that in 2004 the Democrats and the media essentially forbade Bush from even mentioning the war, 9/11, etc. during the campaign.

It was too insensitive you know.

Republicans want Osama killed but then when Osama is killed they b**** and complain because a democrat did it. Why can't we get this country working again?

Republicans want Osama killed but then when Osama is killed they b**** and complain because a democrat did it. Why can't we get this country working again?

When common sense returns!

• Like 1

When common sense returns!

So was the way mr. O dealt with mr. b L common sense, or was it (if we're to believe it was how we're told it was, and indeed that it was who we're told it was) a very foolish thing to order (since he surely must have ordered it; if the SEALS had been ordered to take him alive but killed him out of sheer rage, then surely they'd have faced a court martial), for the sake of the exultation of revenge, and a temporary boost in poll ratings?

Bin Laden has been dead for years. Plain and simple. I have seen no evidence at all that says a group of seals stormed in and killed Osama at all. All we have is the word of the Government. Are you going to just take the word of the government?

Mike

I also recall that in 2004 the Democrats and the media essentially forbade Bush from even mentioning the war, 9/11, etc. during the campaign.

It was too insensitive you know.

They forbade Bush? And did he dutifully obey?

I assume you're joking on that. Bush was the Decider In Chief, remember?

They forbade Bush? And did he dutifully obey?

I assume you're joking on that. Bush was the Decider In Chief, remember?

Nope. I'm not joking.

Any mention of the War on Terror was instantly attacked, which is why it was never really mentioned in the campaign.

Nope. I'm not joking.

Any mention of the War on Terror was instantly attacked, which is why it was never really mentioned in the campaign.

I recall that as well. Remember, at that point in time, Bush's said intentions in Iraq were furiously questioned by the mainstream media. If the words "War on Terror" were uttered, the speaker was instantly ridiculed.

That being said, of course we weren't in Iraq for the sole purpose of stopping terrorism. But the disgustingly biased and hypocritical media showed their true colors then, and they prove their hypocrisy today as they spew war propaganda agaisnt Iran.

Was there even any positive results that Bush could have used in 2004 as political capital? OBL was still alive and Afghanistan and Iraq were still in progress.

Bin Laden has been dead for years. Plain and simple. I have seen no evidence at all that says a group of seals stormed in and killed Osama at all. All we have is the word of the Government. Are you going to just take the word of the government?

Mike

Do you think aliens have been playing a part in human civilization for thousands of years too?

What if he does? There's more evidence for that than OBL being taken out by the SEALS on that day.

What if he does? There's more evidence for that than OBL being taken out by the SEALS on that day.

There is no evidence for aliens. Conspiracy theorists just want history to be more interesting than it is. They also rely on a lack of evidence as evidence...

There is no evidence for aliens. Conspiracy theorists just want history to be more interesting than it is. They also rely on a lack of evidence as evidence...

Whereas you're happy to accept the only evidence for the assassination of b L being the word of the President?

Whereas you're happy to accept the only evidence for the assassination of b L being the word of the President?

I accept it because of the response of Al Qaeda and the reaction from the rest of the world and other issues surrounding the topic. The difference is I do not jump to conspiricies when ever something in this world happens. Besides, covering this up or hidding the fact that he was already did serves no purpose. Why act like he is alive when he is dead? Why kill him then? I think the way they acted was correct and normal. The fact of the matter is that I could give two craps either way. If he was dead before, so what? If Obama got him, so what? I am not going to vote for him OBL, and I would imagine most people will not for that reason alone. I mean if I were to vote I would vote for the person I think is most fit to run the country, not because they killed some terrorist or for any other single issue, such as guns, or abortion, or whatever. There is no reason for me to doubt that Obama killed OLB and there is no reason for me to believe there is anything more. I mean hell, maybe aliens came down right after 9/11 and killed OBL because the U.S. has a secret treaty with the aliens.

Any reference to the GWOT was instantly attacked? By whom?

The NSA under Bush's direction violated the letter and the spirit of the Fourth Amendment and the FISA statute, Bush admitted it in front of Congress on TV, and nothing was done about those High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

How on earth is that attacking the GWOT? That is facilitating it, not attacking it. Various telecom companies did the dirty work for Bush.

The 'liberal rag' NYT did not even PUBLISH the story its reporter (Risen, I think) developed about that NSA law breaking until AFTER the 2004 election. That, gentlemen, is facilitating and supporting the GWOT.

You guys have a rather strange memory of events during those years. :td:

Nope.  I'm not joking.

Never really mentioned in the campaign? Come on now...

Was there even any positive results that Bush could have used in 2004 as political capital? OBL was still alive and Afghanistan and Iraq were still in progress.

Positive results? Not in my estimation. So, they went with fear tactics and the slogan "stay the course" .. and eeked out a victory by hook or by crook.

Hutton

Why act like he is alive when he is actually dead?

Because it keeps the story going sir. The public perception is manipulated by means of stories, and if there is one thing the government (and others) like to do, it's manipulate the public perception.

And they are very good at it. :yes: