Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires

TheLostProphet14

Soooo, I have extremly strong beliefes about vampires and werewolves alike, but I wanted to know if anyone else believes in 'em? If so, friend me! And btw, if your a vampire, your my new bestie!

Dude, I am one...

Oh no Sakari the Wolf has gotten in on the Thread. Stand back Skeptics! A real wolf-man is here now.

Vampires do not exist because the Bigfoot/Werewolf/Vampire wars in the 1980s wiped out all the European and American vampires. The only place vampires might have gotten away to is Kamchatka in Russia, or maybe the tip of South America. Their inability to cross water pinned them down and let the bigfoots and were-types wipe them out.

Then the bigfoots rose up against their werewolf sponsors and managed to defeat their leader Rufus. Being the origin of the Curse, the wolfs all returned to humans and were quickly wiped out. The bigfoots were then allowed by the governments of the world, and the Lizard Men's Secret Empire, to retreat into the woods to slowly die of lack of genetic diversity.

• Like 1

Vampires do not exist because the Bigfoot/Werewolf/Vampire wars in the 1980s wiped out all the European and American vampires. The only place vampires might have gotten away to is Kamchatka in Russia, or maybe the tip of South America. Their inability to cross water pinned them down and let the bigfoots and were-types wipe them out.

Then the bigfoots rose up against their werewolf sponsors and managed to defeat their leader Rufus. Being the origin of the Curse, the wolfs all returned to humans and were quickly wiped out. The bigfoots were then allowed by the governments of the world, and the Lizard Men's Secret Empire, to retreat into the woods to slowly die of lack of genetic diversity.

What total rubbish the Lizard men have plenty of genetic diversity, they're just anti-social. Rufus was allowed back in with the werewolves but he has to wear a muzzle at all times now when they get togethers.

Soooo, I have extremly strong beliefes about vampires and werewolves alike, but I wanted to know if anyone else believes in 'em? If so, friend me! And btw, if your a vampire, your my new bestie!

What's your reason for thinking vampires/werewolves are real? Except for that feeling you get when reading novels (or watching movies).

Growing up I loved vampire/werewolf books and movies. Dracula, The Lost Boys and Blade were some of my favourites. But never did I think it was possible that they could exist.

Edited by DKO

That's the thing with some, they can't understand that a fictional story isn't a documentary.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the stories, I write some and have an on-going story with all sorts of fictional creatures, demons, fallen angels. Shoot not too long ago England did a survey and when the population in general what religion they identified most with about 20% or so answered.....Jedi.

I have a number of younger guys where I work, hoping that the Zombie Apocalypse will happen and soon.

:unsure2:

Edited by keninsc

My brother wrote "jedi" on the census while my mother wrote "Pastafarian". In our household it was treating the more invasive parts of the census with the contempt the questions deserved.

You do know they have Science Textbooks RIIIIIIGHT?

That is how you learn about science in high school, it is not how science is studied.

The reason you guys dont believe in them is kuz they arent Biologically possable? Wow, what freaking failures! Get your head out of the books and open it to something OTHER than science

Okay, just out of curiosity, and for the sake of conversation, why don't you share any FACTS that you might have about werewolves and vampires and such? I am assuming that you understand that people have every reason not to believe stories about any such creatures, and that it's not everyone's intention to ridicule a person's beliefs. People expect logic and atleast some evidence to back up any theory, and if you have none to put forward, you cannot expect anyone NOT to be skeptical. That doesn't make them 'freaking failures' like you suggested, but in fact, it shows that most people aren't as gullible as you would expect them to be. And what did you mean by 'something OTHER than science'? Religious teachings, conspiracy theories, delusional ramblings, wishful imagination? Or did you imply that you simply don't believe in science? Plus, your spelling doesn't help either. I think it would be amusing to see what else you can bring to this discussion though.

• Like 1

Also when it is someone who claims to use binoculars to view something 15ft away, you get suspicious.

multiply that by 3 Mattshark, he said 15 yards in the other thread, not 15 feet.

I really don't see the need for belittling the poster and the ad-hominy attacks, people have believed in vampires and werewolves for a very long time... a lot longer then biological science has said such creatures are extremely improbable. If you don't believe in vampires that’s fine, it is a logical conclusion to come to given the current state of knowledge, post that, after all the original post asked what others thought about the existence of vampires.

The same goes for the original poster by the way, he, in part, baited this hostility out of some of the more skeptical among us, he should realize that this is not the best way to hold forth a productive discourse.

I, for one, am interested in the reasons why a person in the modern world would still believe in vampires and werewolves.

Finally, if the original poster is still following this thread, here is some suggested reading for him (two modern and two classic):

The Encyclopedia of the Undead by Bob Curran (New Page, 2006)

The Complete Book of Werewolves by Leonard R. N. Ashley (Barricade, 2001)

The Book of Werewolves by Sabine Baring-Gould (Smith, Elder and Co., 1865... there are more modern editions available)

The Vampire in Europe / The Vampire in Lore and Legend by Montague Summers (same book two titles, E. P. Dutton, 1929, the second title is the newer and is used on the 2001 Dover edition that is fairly easy to find).

Edited by Conrad Clough

multiply that by 3 Mattshark, he said 15 yards in the other thread, not 15 feet.

I really don't see the need for belittling the poster and the ad-hominy attacks, people have believed in vampires and werewolves for a very long time... a lot longer then biological science has said such creatures are extremely improbable. If you don't believe in vampires that’s fine, it is a logical conclusion to come to given the current state of knowledge, post that, after all the original post asked what others thought about the existence of vampires.

The same goes for the original poster by the way, he, in part, baited this hostility out of some of the more skeptical among us, he should realize that this is not the best way to hold forth a productive discourse.

I, for one, am interested in the reasons why a person in the modern world would still believe in vampires and werewolves.

Finally, if the original poster is still following this thread, here is some suggested reading for him (two modern and two classic):

The Encyclopedia of the Undead by Bob Curran (New Page, 2006)

The Complete Book of Werewolves by Leonard R. N. Ashley (Barricade, 2001)

The Book of Werewolves by Sabine Baring-Gould (Smith, Elder and Co., 1865... there are more modern editions available)

The Vampire in Europe / The Vampire in Lore and Legend by Montague Summers (same book two titles, E. P. Dutton, 1929, the second title is the newer and is used on the 2001 Dover edition that is fairly easy to find).

Hardly binocular distance is it!

Yes, but the difference is then people didn't know. Now we do know, we can say why these creatures can't really exist.

As mythology they are fine, suggesting they are real however, can be questioned and evidence can be provided why it is not possible. Such as regarding werewolves, the basic energy involved would be fatal as would the level of genetic mutation involved.

Also, you can kinda tell when a kid is on having read too much bad fiction and wanting to live vicariously through it.

This is my logical reason why I don't believe in Werewolves, Lycans, Zombies, Vampires, X-Men mutants and such that are described more by magical abilities then by physical traits. Especially the "Undead". First of all, all of these beings are much more powerful then the average human. Even a Twilight Vampire is monsterously powerful. Second, they would be impossible to hide in modern society. Third, the government always acquires assets that make it stronger. Thus... it is easy to assume that if Vampires, Werewolves or X-men mutants existed, they would be "employed" by the government. Or... They would be so rich and powerful as to WAY above eating people on the street or being photographed running around in the back woods.

It is a fine fantasy for TV shows. But logically they would either be ultra-elite socialites, and not be running around for hil-billys to photograph, or they would be government Agents. And, having been in the military and worked with special forces guys, I don't think there are any "undead" in the military.

There are no classical werewolves or vampires.

The closest I can think of is Demonic possession. Not the kind that turns your head around and magically puts words on your skin, but more of the Psychosis level of Demonic possession. I do beleive in divine miracles, so I then also believe in satanic power. But I just don't believe that Satan hands out powers to people and has them act like vampires for whatever reason, and go around scaring people (and not killing hoards of people, as that would be noticed.). That makes no sense to me either.

What if some of the richest people in the world ARE vapmires? It makes alot of sence in you think about it

What if some of the richest people in the world ARE vapmires? It makes alot of sence in you think about it

Please explain exactly what you mean by "vampire".

Nibs

Please explain exactly what you mean by "vampire".

Nibs

Sounds like the Blade Trilogy........

no it doesn't make sense at all, no matter which way you try to think about it.

seems to me you just want to stir up nonsense. i think you should either answer the questions posed to you or let it go.

and here are my questions

how and when did you become a 'vampire'? if you aren't actually a vampire, how many vampires do you know?

what do you/they do with your/their vampirism? for instance, do you suck people's blood? or just pets? what?

do you eat regular food? do you sleep during the day? (obviously not)

Edited by JGirl

Wait. What? I think he's a werewolf looking for vampires.

Wait. What? I think he's a werewolf looking for vampires.

heyyyyyyy

what if a vampire sucked the blood of a werewolf? yikes

Not to sound like a vampire advocate here, but there are forms of existing life already on this planet that feed off of blood (bats, fleas, mosquitos, leeches). They are all biologically possible.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

My brother wrote "jedi" on the census while my mother wrote "Pastafarian". In our household it was treating the more invasive parts of the census with the contempt the questions deserved.

ROFL .,.Love it! My daughter proceeded to ask her Grandfather one day.,. "are people that go to church every week called Cathaholics?? LOL

The Census is paper work.,.in which I feel we should get paid for it! The Government gets payed to inform us with false misleading

.,.lies/information. Oh yeah Parenting payments stop when children turn 8 now! o.O

Not to sound like a vampire advocate here, but there are forms of existing life already on this planet that feed off of blood (bats, fleas, mosquitos, leeches). They are all biologically possible.

No, some animals can live on blood, they have evolved that way, but living on blood is very different to being a vampire.

Yeah, too many movies and wishful thinking.

Although, why anyone would want to be one is strange in and of itself.

Werewolves are impossible since shapeshifting is impossible. Not that I believe in it, cuz I don't, but vamps can exist to a certain point.

Werewolves are impossible since shapeshifting is impossible. Not that I believe in it, cuz I don't, but vamps can exist to a certain point.

How?