Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires

TheLostProphet14

Werewolves are impossible since shapeshifting is impossible. Not that I believe in it, cuz I don't, but vamps can exist to a certain point.

Sure, there are people who call themselves vampires - they drink blood and do what they can to shock the general public with their scary goth appearance. But I think that the OP meant vampires in the classical sense - the supernatural, undead kind. those kind are pretend fairy tales. Bull-**** in other words.

• Like 1

heyyyyyyy

what if a vampire sucked the blood of a werewolf? yikes

Before or after they got bit by a zombie?

anyway yes vampires are definitely real, i've seen em on tv and movies and stuff

• Like 1

Just unusual kids that want to belong with other unusual kids. First 'vampire' groups then it was only a matter of time before the 'werewolves' came out:

Wouldn't school uniforms and dress standards in American schools stop a lot of these problems?

Wouldn't school uniforms and dress standards in American schools stop a lot of these problems?

Probably not, you get these types everywhere, we have uniforms in the UK and have kids like that.

Just unusual kids that want to belong with other unusual kids. First 'vampire' groups then it was only a matter of time before the 'werewolves' came out:

God, i can't believe this. I can't believe that's not some sketch on a comedy show. I mean i was just waiting for Dave Chapelle to come dressed as a goth and start howling and stuff :D. That video blew me away

• Like 1

God, i can't believe this. I can't believe that's not some sketch on a comedy show. I mean i was just waiting for Dave Chapelle to come dressed as a goth and start howling and stuff :D. That video blew me away

What happened to jocks and cheerleaders. Damn everything is so complicated today! ;)

What happened to jocks and cheerleaders. Damn everything is so complicated today! ;)

Hormones and their altering substances in food and plastics are makin' em all fruity.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

http://vampirewebsite.net/

Interesting read that I came across a little while back. You don't see to many scientific approches to vampires, or at least how it is possible for them to have such mental and phisical enhancments that normal humans do not have. As for believing it?, personally I don't, unless I'm shown absolute proof, but then agian, if it is out there I guess we would all believe lol. But we all are entitled to believe in whatever we want, whether it be actual fact, or not, so don't get depressed over lack of supportive agreement.

P.S. DO NOT drink any blood that is infected with the AIDS virus if you read from the website I posted, that is just fool-hearty, and rather dumb. You will not find out if you are a vampire through that method, but rather possibly infect yourself.

http://vampirewebsite.net/

Interesting read that I came across a little while back. You don't see to many scientific approches to vampires, or at least how it is possible for them to have such mental and phisical enhancments that normal humans do not have. As for believing it?, personally I don't, unless I'm shown absolute proof, but then agian, if it is out there I guess we would all believe lol. But we all are entitled to believe in whatever we want, whether it be actual fact, or not, so don't get depressed over lack of supportive agreement.

P.S. DO NOT drink any blood that is infected with the AIDS virus if you read from the website I posted, that is just fool-hearty, and rather dumb. You will not find out if you are a vampire through that method, but rather possibly infect yourself.

Oh, I totally agree. Have your victim tested for HIV before you bite them! :blink:

• Like 1

How?

Fine, I'll bite.

The muscle and bone growth in a matter of minute(s) to alter the body shape to that.

The amount of energy required for such growth. (The more steps you go in the food chain, the less energy the food contains. Top carnivores don't haev it easy)

That's for werewolves, now for vampires.

No beating heart, or functional organs. (No movement, brain activity, etc etc)

Can transform into mists, bats or wolves (See werewolf problems)

Can't cross running water.

Burn or sparkle in sunlight?

Can control your mind, without interracting with you.

Capable of defying gravity.

I'm sure we can go into more extensive lists, but I somehow doubt that is necessary.

I'm holding out my vote until I see Dark Shadows on Friday. :unsure2: See how Johnny does it.

• Like 2

Sure, there are people who call themselves vampires - they drink blood and do what they can to shock the general public with their scary goth appearance. But I think that the OP meant vampires in the classical sense - the supernatural, undead kind. those kind are pretend fairy tales. Bull-**** in other words.

I meant medical vampirism. Ive heard about anemic (or something) people who drink blood.

I meant medical vampirism. Ive heard about anemic (or something) people who drink blood.

And what is medical vampirism? I can't find a single reputable source that defines anything by this name.

I am not a medical doctor but I don't believe drinking blood would directly help an anemic person in any case, it might indirectly help those with certain types of anemia by functioning as a source of iron, but there are easier amd healthier ways to raise ones iron levels.

On UM, I have so much trouble figuring out who is a troll and who is....eccentric.

Blood does not have any nourishing qualities (that a human body would need) and could not support a person. How could vampires exist if they cannot survive on the one thing they are supposed to eat?

Also, which kind of vampire are we talking? There are so many different kinds of vampires in folklore, and the ones we know today were invented by Bram Stoker-only one hundred years ago.

Edited by Erowin

And what is medical vampirism? I can't find a single reputable source that defines anything by this name.

I think its when some people claim they are so anemic they must drink blood to survive. Of course, this is crap. I think its more of a mental disorder, like lycanthropy.

• Like 1

I love reading about vampires and warewolves but do I believe they are real? Nope, I don't.

Maybe I will stand corrected one day but I just don't think there is any real evidence to support the idea that they are real.

I am not a medical doctor but I don't believe drinking blood would directly help an anemic person in any case, it might indirectly help those with certain types of anemia by functioning as a source of iron, but there are easier amd healthier ways to raise ones iron levels.

I agree with you. I suffer from anemia (especially when pregnant and after losing a lot of blood giving birth) but blood contains a whole lot of other stuff than iron. I think eating steak, spinach and weetabix would be better for someone who was anemic.

• 2 weeks later...

Anaemics don't drink blood lol! It would be pointless since a person's digestive system will digest it into nothingness.

Frankly speaking, I have always found Vampires to be very interesting. I like reading books or watching movies about vampires, perhaps because I like gothic stuff and find vampires very... exotic lol!

^ Thanks Twilight/Bram Stoker... Thanks a lot.

Mind you I have had a few vampiric employers in my time. Sucked every last living drop out of me. Just not vampires in the classical sense.

I wonder if in 100 years people will debate if Hogwarts really existed/exists?? Hrmm

[media=]

[/media]

Some schools in america dont have uniforms and there are ways of getting around the dress code. Most of the time when you cross the dress code bounary none of the school officials really care unless it's completly out rageous or they think your carrying weapons or other semidangerous materials (Thumb tacks, sewing needles, etc.) and are actually causing physical harm to people with them.

Ya know what It's not even about what they wear they need to get their heads out of the clouds and start doing their school work, constructive thoughts and an education is what will get them a job, coz ya not immortal and your ain't gunna live forever so just do it properly. Being a " shapeshifter" or a " Cullen" doesn't hide the issues inside it only masks reality in turn you will not mature or grow to ones full potential. Be human.

• Like 1