Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saddam Hussein 'Broken and Depressed'

DC09

CAIRO, Egypt - Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi said in an interview published Monday that a broken and depressed Saddam Hussein had appealed to him for mercy, saying his regime had meant no harm during the former dictator's years running the country.

Allawi also told the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper that he's been the target of four assassination attempts — the most recent just five days ago — but he insisted his homeland's chaos would be controlled. Allawi discussed a variety of issues in a series of television and print interviews from London that appeared Monday, a day after he met with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

"Saddam sent me a verbal message asking for mercy," Allawi told Al-Hayat. "He said they were working for the general good and they didn't aim to harm."

Allawi said the message was carried by a member of the current government. He didn't say who or when was the message relayed.

"My answer was these are things the court will determine," Allawi was quoted as saying.

Full Article

Poor baby. rolleyes.gif

He sure as hell didn't show all those people he tortured and murdered any mercy.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DC09

• AztecInca

• Velikovsky

• JAZ76US

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww...poor baby...

little schnookums not having so much fun now, is he?

Well I have to say that seeing how poorly that Saddam has been doing makes me think that maybe executing him might be too nice of an answer...I kind of like seeing him in misery as it seems to be something that he loved to bestow on others for so long...Put him in a clear cage in the middle of town like a monkey on exhibit, so that everyone can see what has happened to him.

I don't know how accurate that is. I watched the pre-trial and he didn't sound broken and depressed.

He sounded like he knew exactly what he was doing and was playing the game much better than the judge was.

I don't know how accurate that is. I watched the pre-trial and he didn't sound broken and depressed.

He sounded like he knew exactly what he was doing and was playing the game much better than the judge was.

273402[/snapback]

Yeah, but that was quite a while ago.

Yeah, but that was quite a while ago.

True, but after having been on the run and living in a hole I figure after that prison will be easy.

thumbsup.gif Fluffy, could the cage be 6' by6', only cleaned out once every six months and have a hornets nest in it? PLEASE?

You guys are mean!

Honey and ants. More humane because it feeds ants.

"Saddam sent me a verbal message asking for mercy," Allawi told Al-Hayat. "He said they were working for the general good and they didn't aim to harm."

Did you tell him he's better off making that request to the families of his olympic team Mr. Allawi? Or any number of other people in the mass graves there?

Aww, he didnt mean any harm! That changes everything! rolleyes.gif

Also, didnt he threaten Allawi in the pretrial too? Anyway, I guess him entertaining us with the witty "Gassing the kurds? I think I heard something about that!" remarks is out of the question sad.gif

Allawi also told the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper that he's been the target of four assassination attempts — the most recent just five days ago —

Pity the assassination attempts weren't successful.

Let's make him watch video of the beheadings over and over and over....like Clock Work Orange.

Edited by joc

As well as having one of his victims on the hour every hour punch or kick him wherever they want!

I for one hope they torture him and im Talking Hellrasier style.

"tear his soul apart" style.

Although torturing him is a fitting punishment, it would bring us down to his level and make us monsters just like him, but if someone does do it, i may just look the other way or have sudden short term memory loss, he does desreve it though!

Saddam Hussein 'Broken and Depressed', Begs for mercy

that's the greatest news i've heard all day!!!! laugh.gif

saying his regime had meant no harm during the former dictator's years running the country.

Isn't that more or less admitting his guilt? Just not apologising for it rolleyes.gif Can we shoot him now?