Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fact or Faked

Ecto76

The new season of "Destination Truth" starts in July. Josh cracks me up!

My opinion of the show (babes? not withstanding) is they seem to run on the perspective that

"Paranormal is hot, so we debunk a little here and not here"

"Let's please the skeptics and the believers."

In other words, scripted and profitable rather than scientific and objective.

• Like 1

Last night's episode was... interesting.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBsyBVgQ5AI[/media]

The video is blocked :( Is this the one with the strange lights in the swamp? They seemed to catch a light float above the water then take off into the sky. It was interesting to say the least. But like other episodes, as soon as they find something half decent, like the walking stick figure episode, they suddenly drop their investigation and leave the episode hanging.

I like the show , but they just never spend enough time at the site ( I still like the program the PSI-Factor ) they need to spend much more time at the site , I mean what is one night , really ? not much

Edited by Sumer

I wanted to like this show when it first started airing, and I did, sort of....but then it all went wrong. The most recent episode with the Oregon Vortex solidified the fact that this show is getting rediculous. The fact that they would even consider the Oregon Vortex as a possible "paranormal hotspot" shows that the show could give a rat's **** about finding actual paranormal activity. Every state has their very own Wonder Spot, and most everyone who visits goes in knowing that it is all a parlor trick. The second thing they "investigated"(the english pub) they were quick to dismiss the insect theory, which I still believe was the correct one. There are more insects than just a fly....plus holding the fly in a dish does not recreate the actual conditions as it would have been directly on the lens(i.e. gas station ghost). But they were sooooo careful to recreate the "exact" environmental conditions to test the fog theory. :no: Then after doing all of their other "experiments" they come to the conclusion that it was probably a bug after all.

As a whole I think this show should just stop. It's entertaining only from the standpoint of seeing them make asses of themselves. Their "experiments" are often overly elaborate and seem like something that they thought of over a few too many beers.

Edited by Onemilelost
  • Like 2

These shows are geared towards children and teens. The fact that it insults your intelligence is good and indicates that you have the mentality of an adult (an audience these shows are clearly not targeting, which is their perogrative).

I wouldn't complain about something called "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" being silly anymore than I would expect highbrow, intellectually sophisticated content from something called "Sponge Bob Squarepants".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey did anybody see their latest one, where they took just 5 people and set up a stonehenge thingy? it was amazing. didnt need aliens at all lol

• Like 1

yeah, it was cool,kinda, but i think they run out of topics lately....first they went to the funny house, of which EVERYBODY knows it's just an illusion (half an hour from where i live is an amusement park with a shack just like that), and now they tackled Stonehenge?? YAAAWN! really interesting place, but c'mon: does anybody seriously still think Aliens came and did that??

Since i was a small boy i've seen people coming up with ideas how it could totally have been built by humans.

Maybe next week they go to france because somebody claimed the Eiffel tower is the skeleton of an alien Robot.....

hey did anybody see their latest one, where they took just 5 people and set up a stonehenge thingy? it was amazing. didnt need aliens at all lol

• Like 1

Show is stupid imho. Jael is hot though. Wish she could have stayed with josh but she doesn't have the abilities to keep up apparently. I find it irritating when in the best part of their investigation they cut right to the end. Most of the show is some retarded attempts to duplicate things they see on film. pfff please spare us all. I still watch it just to see what they delve into but it is more and more like the ghost hunters. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 3 weeks later...

Than GOD she's with osbourne now. That show is brilliant as they say. Thanks ozzy. You rock!

Dislikes: I often hate the case files chosen for investigation. Usually painfully apparent case is hoaxed or misidentified yet they choose to waste time with it. 2. Logical questions often go unasked, until asking it somehow plays into the 'script'. Also, often painfully stupid ways of testing an object vid/pic chosen over something better, imo.

Likes: Sometimes they get everything right and I enjoy and/or even learn something I did not know before. I like when they personally investigate a claim and actually find collaborative evidence. It's rare but it does happen.

Mostly though I feel I wasted valuable DVR space. Only 1 in 4 investigations are worth a damn, imo.

• 2 months later...

I've been watching a few episodes a week for a while now and it does appear that the are cherry picking stories that they know can or are already debunked. I have also noted that the experiments they use to show that something is fake seem to be too elaborate or costly for your average hoaxer. Nor do they appear to know "occams razor" when it comes to debunking until after they've tried the more difficult stuff first. Also for the very few stories that they cant come to a conclusive "fake" through duplication it becomes a case of "oh we cant say for sure that its definately not fake we just think its possible".

One of these days I would like to see a show that spends more that a few hours to a day to investigate and I mean seriously investigate unexplained phenomena. :tu: