Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves real or fake?

paulhaychstyle

I believe in werewolves and no i don't mean the type that change from human to beast at a full moon running round ripping dear cows chickens etc to bits if they were real don't you think every town city and village would be hiding with every wepon possible in there house i know i would yeah werewolves are a myth but there are people on this earth that have claimed to seen a werewolf and there are people who claim to be one but until i see or become one it will just be a myth to me like i said i do believe in them just not the ones that are from the movies.

Claims are worthless though, especially in face of a lack of evidence and failure to understand science.

Claims are worthless though, especially in face of a lack of evidence and failure to understand science.

Welcome to crypto - the rules of science mean nothing as long as they get in the way of silly beliefs. Logic? pffffft! No way. We are going to take the confirmation bias-boat to pareidolia-town. Full steam ahead!!!

• Like 1

Welcome to crypto - the rules of science mean nothing as long as they get in the way of silly beliefs. Logic? pffffft! No way. We are going to take the confirmation bias-boat to pareidolia-town. Full steam ahead!!!

lol, I noticed that 16000 posts ago!

I truly believe in werewolves, but more like lycans. Werewolves go from man to beast, lycans are trully huge beasts. So lycans a bit more

I truly believe in werewolves, but more like lycans. Werewolves go from man to beast, lycans are trully huge beasts. So lycans a bit more

So you believe in the use of ancient Greek over Germanic languages in the description of the same non-existent, not possible creature?

Edited by Mattshark
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So you believe in the use of ancient Greek over Germanic languages in the description of the same non-existent, not possible creature?

Whats there not to believe the storys of werewolves go on for decades maybe they do live in our world but they just dont show them selfs i never use to believe in spirits until i seen one you cant say they not real all the facts are there to prove they are real

You know??

I know there are shamans and medicine men who are convinced they are able to 'shape-shift' into another form of life, but when you ingest enough magic shrooms, you will be convinced of being able to shape-shift too.

However, that is very different from actually shape-shifting into another life-form.

Iv actually taken magic mushrooms things get pretty intense and **** gets real hahhaha but yeah you got a point there. But then again under the influance of pretty much any drug you can be made to believe anything.

Or as the Galicians say: "I don't believe in witches, but there are some"?

I don't believe in 'em but if one messes with me fisshin again, he'll end up jus like thus un

3586610071_4cf88b4d45.jpg

Dang fish stealin SOBs

• Like 3

Whats there not to believe the storys of werewolves go on for decades maybe they do live in our world but they just dont show them selfs i never use to believe in spirits until i seen one you cant say they not real all the facts are there to prove they are real

Maybe they are average people with a condition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see "all the facts" that "prove they are real."

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Wow, some seriously retarded people here! Are werewolves real? Hmmmmm let's see now.... Oh yes! I have one tied to a tree out back. It's my grandfather. Poor b******! He never stops howling. That's about how intelligent I think that question is. Next!!!

Ok i for one are always asking myself if these half human half wolf do live among us its being a good few years now but i keep bringing myself back to the legendary story of the beast of bray road is this story true could it be loads of people have claimed to seen this mysterious beast so why wouldent it be true?

So... Let's say for the moment that the stories of the Beast of Bray road are generally true and that these people saw something that they couldn't recognize as a normal wild animal. Why does it automatically mean werewolf? Couldn't they be talking about a bigfoot type of creature as well?

• Like 1

So... Let's say for the moment that the stories of the Beast of Bray road are generally true and that these people saw something that they couldn't recognize as a normal wild animal. Why does it automatically mean werewolf? Couldn't they be talking about a bigfoot type of creature as well?

lol True.. but it makes for a better story.

There are as as many werewolf sightings as bigfoot sightings and similarly, none has ever been proven to exist... so why not a shape-shifting hyrax? Danger, plus hilarity, and the fact that they are REAL!

I'm gonna say no to bigfoot as a Bray Road explanation. That area of Wisconsin hasn't ever really been a popular bigfoot sighting area. They got other stuff going on though.

As an interesting tidbit- just a bit south of where Bray Road is there is Lake Geneva, home of Big Foot Beach State Park. The lakes original english name was Big Foot Lake. Name comes from a Potawatomi Chief in the 1800's.

• Like 1

faker than old Fake McFake winner of the big fake competion in faketown fakesville

• Like 2

They don't exist. However it is possible that a demon could assume a wolf like shape in order to scare people or a possessed person could start acting like a wild animal

They don't exist. However it is possible that a demon could assume a wolf like shape in order to scare people or a possessed person could start acting like a wild animal

I agree. Especially a furry demon or hairy person.

I think there are enough monsters that look exactly like "normal" humans; we no longer need to invent things such as men who turn into wolves when the moon is full (or at will).

That being said, I'm keeping an open mind about fairies. My unicorn made me promise I would.

• Like 1

Indeed, actaul shape shifting is pretty much impossible due to numerous factors, not least the energy that it would require, you'd probable kill you just by the intensity of the required exothermic reaction. This is before we even get onto the issue of the preservation of mass.

There are more ways to shape shift than you may think. There is an octupus in Indonesia called the mimic octopus, and its the closest thig to real shapeshifting you will see.
  • Like 1

Given that I don't know what mechanism would allow for shapeshifting, I'm certainly leaning on the far negative side of this spectrum. But I'll admit that it's possible there's some mechanism or force that we don't know about that could allow for such a thing. The most plausible candidate might be some variant of Rupert Sheldrake's morphogenetic field theory. But to be scientific, I would have to say that I don't believe in werewolves until we verify their existence. But I do remain open to the possibility. It fascinates me either way.

Indeed, actaul shape shifting is pretty much impossible due to numerous factors, not least the energy that it would require, you'd probable kill you just by the intensity of the required exothermic reaction. This is before we even get onto the issue of the preservation of mass.

Well, given we've never actually documented a case of shapeshifting, there's really no way to honestly say whether or not some mechanism could allow it to happen without the numerous factors mentioned here interfering (energy, death, preservation of mass, etc.). Not saying I believe in it, just that I reserve the possibility that there might be things that we don't understand. But yeah, I don't think that nature as we know it would really allow for shapeshifting. We would have to discover some really earth-shatteringly bizarre things for that to happen. And we could, I don't know. Either way I certainly place myself fairly far on the negative side of this argument.

• Like 1

There are more ways to shape shift than you may think. There is an octupus in Indonesia called the mimic octopus, and its the closest thig to real shapeshifting you will see.

Indeed there is, however saying "because a boneless aquatic creature that can exert extreme control over the colouration and texture of it's skin can change it's shape, then a man can turn into a wolf" is like saying "because the colour blue exists, and the TARDIS is blue, the TARDIS exists".

• Like 5

well yes that is possible is'nt it,

NURSE, NURSE the pills for Mr Ogre

Edited by cenobite