Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's absurd

F3SS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/05/khalid-sheikh-mohammed-trial-9-11-guantanamo_n_1483513.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl14%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D158205

911 terrorists disrupt court and are far too accomodated.

Cheryl Bormann, a civilian attorney for bin Attash, appeared in a conservative Islamic outfit that left only her face uncovered and she asked the court to order other women present to wear "appropriate" clothing so that defendants do not have to avert their eyes "for fear of committing a sin under their faith."

Does that not tick you off?

• Like 1

I have long been apoplectic over the legal system's currying to the enemies of our country. And feel even more harshly toward citizens of the US who wrap themselves in the cloak of our freedoms to decry the treatment of those who would kill every freedom we enjoy ...if they could...

I take some comfort in knowing that these trials are but a footnote prior to the end of KSM and bin Succotash et. al. Very soon now they will be put down the same as taking a dog to a vet. And it can't come soon enough.

So the terrorists lawyer wore a conservative outfit which prob covers her curves or somethin and expects jury women to do the same ???

Thats unbelievable

If the judge was a woman, would she request she wore one too??

Im guessin the terrorists didnt care what women wore when they were planning there attack

• Like 2

How about we put them back in an isolation cell at Club Gitmo where they belong, so they don't have to look at anyone?

Vague attempt to see how much control over the court she could had. Nothiing to do with sharia law, just a gimming.

"for fear of committing a sin under their faith."

there's a faith with some weird ideas about whats a sin and whats not

I know it is the lawyers job to defend these people but sometimes they make me sick the way they try and stall the proceeds by such trivial methods. Get on with the trial and defend them against the accusations/charges made. Not with what some women may or may not wear!

they're on trail for murder, which even under Islam, is a grievous sin. So them getting horny is by far the least of their worries spiritually.

• Like 2

http://www.huffingto...nk2&pLid=158205

911 terrorists disrupt court and are far too accomodated.

Cheryl Bormann, a civilian attorney for bin Attash, appeared in a conservative Islamic outfit that left only her face uncovered and she asked the court to order other women present to wear "appropriate" clothing so that defendants do not have to avert their eyes "for fear of committing a sin under their faith."

Does that not tick you off?

... offer them blindfolds. If they, or their council, are too disruptive remove them from the courtroom.

Edited by lightly

This is America...if you commit a crime here, prepare to look at our women...

This is America...if you commit a crime here, prepare to look at our women...

Or have your butt kissed.

I say screw the trial, throw them in a dark, dank and tiny isolation chamber for life, put some speakers out of reach and blast the Star Spangled Banner sang by Rosanne Barr 24/7/365 until they die.

• Like 2

Why have several (I think 3) of the military officers appointed as counsel resigned, citing the absence of a case against their clients? I think one conscientious fellow even resigned from the military, ashamed of the government's dishonest tactics.

OK, Let's play by their rules through out the entire trial. Most importantly when we sentance them. Take them to ground zero and let families of their victims Stone them to Death! Kill them according to their law

It will be trial by video conference. The guilty will not have to testify in front of anyone but a camera that the judge jury and lawyers see. This is showboating by a lawyer that wants to make a name.

To add a public trial will not happen as I`m sure these guys might drop a few bit`s of info that the US government might not want public.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Or have your butt kissed.

I say screw the trial, throw them in a dark, dank and tiny isolation chamber for life, put some speakers out of reach and blast the Star Spangled Banner sang by Rosanne Barr 24/7/365 until they die.

I actually agree with you on this, but I would add radical temperature extremes in their cell as well as alternate Roseanne Barr with Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe through the tulips". Gotta give em some variety.......

Hang on, didn't one of them confess prior to being renditioned?

Surely then the courts go from "trial" to "deciding punishment" which in these people's case should be a windowless cell with no arrow pointing to Mecca and a diet liberally sprinkled with pork.

I actually agree with you on this, but I would add radical temperature extremes in their cell as well as alternate Roseanne Barr with Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe through the tulips". Gotta give em some variety.......

Interesting how people in the west believe in "innocent until proven guilty"... unless it has to do with terrorism.

Interesting how people in the west believe in "innocent until proven guilty"... unless it has to do with terrorism.

These men (if you can call them that), are pretty much guilty to me from all I have read. It's just to what degree. Sometimes the court case just becomes a formality.They have no respect for the law, our country, or our court system, and for that matter, any countries laws. I believe they are mass murderers.

If they're going to disrupt our courts and waste time and money, throw them away in a dark hole for the rest of their lives! Why should we respect them when they obviously don't respect us? Our courts shouldn't put up with this!

It's funny how people will offer strangers a ride ... until they get carjacked. Why would you try to overthrow a government, then expect legal protection from it later?

Edited by Cainiac999

OK, Let's play by their rules through out the entire trial. Most importantly when we sentance them. Take them to ground zero and let families of their victims Stone them to Death! Kill them according to their law

I'm all for doing this trial their way. Oh wait. That doesn't include a trial does it?

Even if they were innocent there is still no reason to walk on eggshells. Either way, these guys are guilty. Why such concern for their feelings?

These men (if you can call them that), are pretty much guilty to me from all I have read.

Have they been tried and found guilty?

Sometimes the court case just becomes a formality.

When court cases become "simple formalities", you no longer live in the world you think you once did.

They have no respect for the law, our country, or our court system, and for that matter, any countries laws. I believe they are mass murderers.

Yes, well, hopefully no one else is tried and convinced of any crime based on your "belief" as to their guilt... which is based on how the media portrays them.

It's funny how people will offer strangers a ride ... until they get carjacked. Why would you try to overthrow a government, then expect legal protection from it later?

Have they been found guilty of trying to overthrow the government? Or does your belief of their guilt serve as enough justification to convict them?

Either way, these guys are guilty. Why such concern for their feelings?

Why even have trials when we can just convict people based on the opinions of others who are thousands of miles away and have never seen any bit of information other than the accusations of guilt and their names? Next time someone is arrested for robbery in LA, we should just ask the opinion of someone in NYC and convict them based on their answer, right?

The whole point of having a trial is to ensure that the accused isn't sentenced based on rumor and beliefs alone, but based on facts. Who these people are and what they have been accused of is irrelevant to me. I believe in people having a fair trial. I believe that the fate of people should not be based on "gut feelings", no matter how serious the accusations.

Look at yourselves here, people! You denounce Sharia courts because they're largely considered harsh and biased against women, yet here you are advocating not even having a trial. Your anger and thirst for vengeance is leading you to become more and more like the very people you oppose.

Look at yourselves here, people! You denounce Sharia courts because they're largely considered harsh and biased against women, yet here you are advocating not even having a trial. Your anger and thirst for vengeance is leading you to become more and more like the very people you oppose.

I have to agree with you here, Stellar.

Even if they were innocent there is still no reason to walk on eggshells. Either way, these guys are guilty. Why such concern for their feelings?

I understand totally how outraged people would be at having to accommodate their beliefs. reading the reports it's pretty obvious they were doing all they could to disrupt and delay the proceedings, using every trick they could think of. But I don't think it's about having concern for their feelings. It's about doing things the right way. That will be America's strength in all of this. If you allow this to reduce you to their depraved level of thinking, then you've lost. Remain civilised and give them due process - anything else turns you into them.

I never said there shouldn't be a trial. These guys are absolutely terrorists though. Does anyone here really think these guys are possibly innocent?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Sheikh_Mohammed#List_of_confessions

- The statement quoted Mohammed as saying, "I decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew, Daniel Pearl, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan. For those who would like to confirm, there are pictures of me on the Internet holding his head."

- In March 2007, Mohammed testified before a closed-door hearing in Guantánamo Bay. According to transcripts of the hearing released by the Pentagon, he said, "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z." The transcripts also show him confessing to:

- List of confessions