Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

help me id potential cryptid please

maxamisprime

Ok so I witnessed some thing first hand while driving at night. I saw somthing in the road standing on two very thin leg it had thick arms and upper body with a short flat head. It was walking it a slow akward fasion and the experiance gave me the imprrestion that it was pertending to be human.

Also a friend saw a four legged creature cross the road with thin leggs it was taller than a dear and moved unnaturaly. He said it seemed like it was also pretending to be somthing.

Has any one come accross any thing like this? Also if it help I live central newyork state. Thanks in advanced

• Like 1

Very difficult to reach a conclusion based on your description, we need more information.

Since it walked very slowly you must have had a good look at it, right ?? What about the color ?? Can you give more details ??

And what do you mean by "pretending to be human" ?? Why would it pretend to be human ??

And I know it's not a spelling contest, but man, please try to be careful with your grammar.

Edited by JonathanVonErich

Possibly a Crane. In the dark whilst you're moving is not the best time to try and work out what something is. Apparently in America there are big Cranes that have thin forward jointed legs and may appear to walk funny if you don't recognise it as a bird. If it had its head tucked down then its body might have looked strange too. A lot of people think the Mothman may have been just such a thing.

But as I was not there it may be an unknown creature, what's your best guess on height and colour and body texture?

• Like 1

Definitly not a crane it didn't seem to have a neck. The color seem a brownish purpleish. As far as pretending to be human it is difficult to explan I just felt like it was trying to look like us. Mabye some sort of shapshifter or demon type thing.

P.s. sorry about my spelling I am diognosed dyslexic.

...i wonder when he will answer and what it will be...?..... :whistle:

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

I don't know, but I really want to draw it now!

The first one sounds like a drunk bogan to me.

• Like 1

Where do you live? What sort of animals live in the area that could possibly be it?

And why jump to demons or shapeshifters?

The first one sounds like a drunk bogan to me.

Both 'creatures' in the OP sound like bogans to me, the second four-legged one is just a drunker bogan crawling haha.

Sorry to say this, but you where driving and it was dark, any description you give is going to be immensely unreliable. It more than likely was a large bird.

I can say for sure it was not a bird. It was to large to be a bird unless there was an escaped emmu the nearest emmu farm is several towns over. An emmu still wouldn't fit it didn't have a long neck.

I can say for sure it was not a bird. It was to large to be a bird unless there was an escaped emmu the nearest emmu farm is several towns over. An emmu still wouldn't fit it didn't have a long neck.

Sorry mate, you were driving at night, the chances of you making a good id on anything are extremely low. Not to mention all the other confounding factors involved with identifying "unknown" animals.

Some Cranes get pretty big! But if you're sure it wasn't then I can't think what it could be unless whatever the Mothman was is an actual cryptid and it was out and about. What makes you think it was a shape shifter? Did it shift shape?

Also please can you draw it. I don't care how bad you're drawing is, just draw a basic outline of what you think you saw and post it up in gallery and then link the gallery picture in here if you don't mind. It would be a great help.

Well, at least that should get him off his flying gecko for a bit.

Edited by vitruvian12

Well, when I was a child, I recall being told a story by my great-grand mother about some strange tracks that people were finding and a couple of sighting that started a whole series of rumor, small newspaper articles and created quite a bit of fear among many. in the area she lived.

What created all the stir it was later discovered was two mysterious creatures. One, an ostrich and the other an Emperor Penguin , actually about six penguins. This was back in the twenties in a rural farming community in eastern South Carolina. No one had ever seen either of these creatures and as it turned out they'd escaped from a traveling zoo that had past through to area. They didn't stop except to rest for the night and during that stop a number of the creatures escaped. They carried on the next day and it wasn't until several days later they found the creatures gone. Now back in those days the hired help was, shall we say, less that big on reporting such things and they basically fired the guilty party and moved on.

At any rate they creatures tracks and the sightings of them began circulating, people thought they were "devil beast" and several of the local churches began prayer vigils and holding special services. People began carrying weapons with them and being freaked completely out by any odd noise. Finally one day a black man was out plowing in his garden and spied one of the penguins and took up his shotgun and bagged it, then took it to the local Sheriff's office. The Sheriff took the carcass to the local library and had the local doctor meet him over there and they properly identified the animal. Later on the ostrich was bagged in the same manner. The Sheriff reported the finding to the local paper and all was resolved but people talked about the day the Devil came to their community for years after it.

Never rule out the possibility of an escaped beast not native to your area.

:lol: I must have missed the flying gecko..you have got to love his persistence mind..

:lol: I must have missed the flying gecko..you have got to love his persistence mind..

check out the last few pages of Mega birds fly across the moon.

Does it sell insurance?

Wait for it...............

Ok so I witnessed some thing first hand while driving at night. I saw somthing in the road standing on two very thin leg it had thick arms and upper body with a short flat head. It was walking it a slow akward fasion and the experiance gave me the imprrestion that it was pertending to be human.

Also a friend saw a four legged creature cross the road with thin leggs it was taller than a dear and moved unnaturaly. He said it seemed like it was also pretending to be somthing.

Has any one come accross any thing like this? Also if it help I live central newyork state. Thanks in advanced

Thankyou for sharing your encounter! Yes, they are seen all the time. It's so familiar to me now, I'm not even going to explain. I'll add this to the 'dogman experiences database' though. Edited by SunnyBlues

Thankyou for sharing your encounter! Yes, they are seen all the time. It's so familiar to me now, I'm not even going to explain. I'll add this to the 'dogman experiences database' though.

Hey name change Tailor...good name.Im not being rude here when i say this but have you ever thought of getting into writing because you obviously have a very good imagination.I mean id love some of your cryptids to be real but i just cant believe them unfortunately but they are very entertaining.

Perhaps it's a Great Blue Heron?

I remember the first time we saw the one that graces our pond on occasion. Flaked me right out at first. It looked like a no-neck on stilts plague doctor wandering by the ponds edge. It looked big too, a lot bigger than the mute swans. Then after watching it for a minute, it moved more and started looking recognisable as a bird.

Not exactly the same, but here she is:

post-18246-0-03990300-1336498498_thumb.j

I guess she is now looking for her retarded brother, aka 'Flathead' who is known to wander near roads.

• Like 1