Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

demons "name"

maxamisprime

I was recently talking to a friend about our experiances and he told me a story that gave me chills.

According to him he was relaxing at home when he was about 15 when he had a creepy sickening feeling an evil feeling if you will. As he was curled up in fear he heard a name that was not human. He won't say the name or even write it down for fear that he may accedentaly open a door for this thing. Has any one heard or experianced any thing like this?

Was he asleep or awake when this happened?

i think demons exist am just not sure about saying their names could lead to anything really

beside if he's a teen .. that takes 90% of credibility of his story .. my opinion

i think teeagers lie alot .. but that's just might be me thinking so

I used to have a book 'The dictonary of Demons' it had a hand written note in the front cover about how to summon a Demon named Mamon (Not sure of the spelling, but so say the Demon of wealth)!!! Anyway, miss placed the book or lost it (and not on purpose). Never did try to summon 'Mamon'.

Curious,

My first thought was of rumpelstiltskin, where to have someones/somethings name is to have a neutralising effect on the power they wish to lord over you.

My second was of the power of three or seven where when saying, something three or seven times over, it calls it into manifestation.

There is much in the power of numbers or/and words but usually this has to be matched by intent and/or feeling.

Naming something usually means the fear is taken away but I'm not sure.

I shall think on this some more.

For me, the Rumpelstiltskin idea suits me best for it is empowering. Like shining a light on the dark.

May be, there's something in the feeling or intent as in, to evoke or reveal, hmmm...Not sure. Now my mind is of thinking of Shakespeares,' A rose by any other name' thingie...Hmmmm.

I wonder?

I was recently talking to a friend about our experiances and he told me a story that gave me chills.

According to him he was relaxing at home when he was about 15 when he had a creepy sickening feeling an evil feeling if you will. As he was curled up in fear he heard a name that was not human. He won't say the name or even write it down for fear that he may accedentaly open a door for this thing. Has any one heard or experianced any thing like this?

Sounds like zozo!!

http://zozotheouijaspirit.blogspot.com/

Don't make your friend do anything he doesn't want to. If he's scared of opening a door, then you should take that into consideration. A demon's strength is your fear.

Wow this is chilling....

And about the name, try to persuade him to write it down then show it here on this thread!

I agree, if he is thinking the name, he may as well tell it to you......

Don't make your friend do anything he doesn't want to. If he's scared of opening a door, then you should take that into consideration. A demon's strength is your fear.

There is no door to open......A " Demon " has no strength, nor weakness....A made up thing has neither.

Maxim, what you should do is the right thing.....Educate yourself on what and where " Demons " really came from and originated.Do not just look on paranormal sites, really dig deep.

It will not take you long to see the over whelming knowledge that is out there, and that Demons are a made up entity to put " the fear of god " into people....

You will also find no evidence, zero, 0%, none, of a documented, verified, proven event of any type of Demon....( yet there are thousands on thousands of claims )

Please do this for yourself, and also educate your friend.......Let him know he is being afraid of a myth / fantasy / legend

Now start doing this, do not just take my word for it, nor others words that they exist.....Research, and really do research, and decide for yourself.

hint : ( also look at the Psychological side of Demons, once you do that, you can then help your friend and conclude what really happened )

Have fun, I did :)

Edited by Sakari

Apperantly, the exsistance of demons is fact and there is factual evidence to support the whole "demon's strength is your fear". Must have missed that in the book of "reality"

Doubt he can "open a door" by writing some name in a notebook? Can he atleast type it on Word :w00t:

I wrote an article about ZOZO about a year ago. Gave me the creeps just doing the research.

How come demons have bizarre, messed up names? Why can't they be "Bob" or "Fred'?
  • Like 2

I wrote an article about ZOZO about a year ago. Gave me the creeps just doing the research.

Why would this give you the creeps?.....I would think it would do quite the opposite.The more I research, the more ( well, I never believed anyway ) laughable it makes this fantasy to me.The fact people try to claim demons true anyway.

How come demons have bizarre, messed up names? Why can't they be "Bob" or "Fred'?

Same reasons Lord of the rings characters do......It adds excitement and drama, and is not easy to dismiss or forget.

Teehee... Maybe those are their real names. They just tell us all the crazy made up ones for poops and giggles. Then they can just go about their demony doings without fear of summoning.

I once saw on a Paranormal State episode that you are not supposed to say demons' names, as it somehow opens a door to them to you or attracts them, something like that.

Hypothetically, wouldn't fearing saying the name of whatever thing that was supposedly evil give it more power than not fearing and saying its name? Sounds backwards to me. It sounds like what people with repressed fears do. They push it down, scared to acknowledge and talk about them. And that never works out well.

I once saw on a Paranormal State episode that you are not supposed to say demons' names, as it somehow opens a door to them to you or attracts them, something like that.

The same also say that fear opens a door and attracts them. Why wouldn't you say the name? Out of fear. So you'd be damned either way.

Here's a good piece of advice;

Do nothing because demon's aren't real.

It will not take you long to see the over whelming knowledge that is out there, and that Demons are a made up entity to put " the fear of god " into people....

That may be true sometimes. But there is probably a bigger depth to "demons", like not being a tool to put the "fear of god" into someone, but actually the fear itself. What do we do with beautiful/scary things we don't always understand but all experience, and give strong power to as a human race? We create stories of them, symbolic legends to represent them. I think demons could very well likely be a symbolic representation of our inner fear/doubt/parts of us that we don't want/like.

edit: Sorry for tri-post. Someday I will learn how to work the multiquote function.

Edited by _Only

The same also say that fear opens a door and attracts them. Why wouldn't you say the name? Out of fear. So you'd be damned either way.

True, but I suppose you could just refrain from saying their name in an "I'd rather just refrain from effing with this thing" kinda way rather than being terrible afraid (like, night light every night level fear) of them.

Not only does fear supposedly give them power, I'm pretty sure, as we've seen in so many horror films, that deliberately seeking them out lets them in as well.