Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Challenge

ZaraKitty

'

I like how you think all these 'psychics' live by a code of 'I won't win the lottery, not for me, not for the cancer kids foundation.. not anyone!!'

Hehe, no I don't know that at all. I am sure there a psychics bending over backwards and straining their frontal lobes and third eyes to the extreme trying to get a hold of them numbers :w00t: probably as we speak . But, it just doesn't work that way, there are so many reasons why, I've barely touched the surface - the crux remains cause and effect it is the foundation of all the material laws and everything else waltzes along inside the parameters set by those laws - could you imagine the chaos if we all could just have what we wanted and asked for?

So human failings prevent them from entering the lottory? Sorry, this sounds like a cop out. If human failings were such a problem, they'd never leave the safety of their house, or leach off the naive.

That is a contradictory response. Their human failings would hardly prevent them leaving their homes to "leech" off others, it would more likely ensure the opposite. I agree about the naive and basically I don't ask for readings myself nor do I encourage them outside of light entertainment or true investigation. I'll tell you my reasons though.

If someone "reads" me, they are then responsible for what they have told me and how that affects me - I wouldn't put such a burden on another, I've done so in the past and been blessed with good friends through it but others have not been so lucky and I have learned a thing or two since those "investigative" days about the power of suggestion and where the true power of knowledge resides aka: within.

If someone asks me to read them, I would not take the responsibility on - it affects people psychologically and many who ask could be, as you say, "naive" at best or down right gullible and easily led - meaning my words could change their paths and that ain't my place to enact (and yes I used to read Tarot for friends, not anymore, not because they didn't work but because they sometimes did and I didn't like how that made me feel perversely).

The universe is perfectly pitched as it is, people receive what they are ready to receive when they are ready (nope you won't like that and will have a heap of injustices to prove it ain't so) - *shrugs* I really can't give you years of experience in a post so I am not concerned but those are my personal reasons.

What I do know, through my own experiences is that there is something going on in this realm of "psychic" abilities and that most if not all people can access a level of comprehending this for themselves - if they apply themselves to that task and don't just keep writing it off with one or two line offhand closeminded wit - we each are responsible for what we learn, understand and gain in life and it is each person's absolute right to choose how they go about that endeavour and to explore fully what insights each step on the path may offer (or to deny them as they see fit) .

That is a contradictory response. Their human failings would hardly prevent them leaving their homes to "leech" off others, it would more likely ensure the opposite.

How so? If their human failings is a problem for them, would they not seek to correct them or prevent any situation that invokes them? Edited by Rlyeh

How so? If their human failings is a problem for them, would they not seek to correct them?

Only if they were aware of them, nobody gets up in the morning seeking to pander to their "failings" people generally believe and act on the best there is to believe of themselves.

So is anyone going to accept the challenge? Or is it easier to suggest the challenger is taking the p*** by asking people to actually prove something?

• Like 1

Only if they were aware of them, nobody gets up in the morning seeking to pander to their "failings" people generally believe and act on the best there is to believe of themselves.

I imagine if they aren't aware of them, your argument against the lottory becomes rather nonsensical.. :blink:

So is anyone going to accept the challenge? Or is it easier to suggest the challenger is taking the p*** by asking people to actually prove something?

I love you. You made me laugh SO hard.
  • Like 1

Enough debating. Is someone going to accept the challenge? This isn't about anything more then that. If you don't think you have to prove anything, that's great, don't care, don't waste my time, don't care about your reasons. Just want answers. Solid answers. Proof enough.

Ok Sensitive touch, I have upload a pic, there is a time stamp on it so you know when the pic was put up. You are welcome to take the test and I will show you the pic afterwards.

I imagine if they aren't aware of them, your argument against the lottory becomes rather nonsensical.. :blink:

Nope, it just makes people unaware of things. My own teacher always says when discussing such matters "don't take my word for it, you can always try". People try and discover or remain unaware, that's life.

Nope, it just makes people unaware of things. My own teacher always says when discussing such matters "don't take my word for it, you can always try". People try and discover or remain unaware, that's life.

So why aren't they trying to win the lottory?

Hehe, no I don't know that at all. I am sure there a psychics bending over backwards and straining their frontal lobes and third eyes to the extreme trying to get a hold of them numbers :w00t: probably as we speak . But, it just doesn't work that way, there are so many reasons why, I've barely touched the surface - the crux remains cause and effect it is the foundation of all the material laws and everything else waltzes along inside the parameters set by those laws - could you imagine the chaos if we all could just have what we wanted and asked for?

So why aren't they trying to win the lottory?

Please refer to my response to ZaraKitty above on that.

Enough debating. Is someone going to accept the challenge? This isn't about anything more then that. If you don't think you have to prove anything, that's great, don't care, don't waste my time, don't care about your reasons. Just want answers. Solid answers. Proof enough.

Sorry Zarra, I agree - Rlyeh, I think we can revisit this later or on PM - Zara wants the challenge back on track and I am also looking forward to the results.

• Like 1

some of us have nothing to prove, to you or anyone else. And not all, and possibly most readings have nothing to do with predicting the future. Some readings have to do with the human condition: how one's thoughts & traumatic experiences shape their reality and affect emotions & behaviors, information on how a different way of thinking might affect one's future, iinformation from loved ones who've crossed over. Sometimes the reader is simply a witness to the pain the other person is going through, or provides a non-judgemental ear that allows the person to unload some toxic thinking & feelings. And the reader's good will & compassion, the ability to recognize and speak of the person's essential goodness and value sometimes allows the person to begin to put aside the past and move forward into a healthier future. Not all readers are like this, but many are, and they quietly go about their work, many without charging, being of service where they can. It's not so much about skills & abilities, as what kind of good we can accomplish with what we have.

• Like 3

some of us have nothing to prove, to you or anyone else. And not all, and possibly most readings have nothing to do with predicting the future. Some readings have to do with the human condition: how one's thoughts & traumatic experiences shape their reality and affect emotions & behaviors, information on how a different way of thinking might affect one's future, iinformation from loved ones who've crossed over. Sometimes the reader is simply a witness to the pain the other person is going through, or provides a non-judgemental ear that allows the person to unload some toxic thinking & feelings. And the reader's good will & compassion, the ability to recognize and speak of the person's essential goodness and value sometimes allows the person to begin to put aside the past and move forward into a healthier future. Not all readers are like this, but many are, and they quietly go about their work, many without charging, being of service where they can. It's not so much about skills & abilities, as what kind of good we can accomplish with what we have.

I suspect this is because you can't prove it.

I'm not asking about anything other then future telling. That's all. Read the OP before you comment.

Edit:When someone says 'whats in my future for me, will I find love?" and some psychic comes on the scene and does their dance is what I'm talking about.

Edited by ZaraKitty

Please refer to my response to ZaraKitty above on that.

Sorry Zarra, I agree - Rlyeh, I think we can revisit this later or on PM - Zara wants the challenge back on track and I am also looking forward to the results.

So am I, once someone finally steps up to the plate, or if we'll get more 'i have nothing to prove' people.

Future info for everyone, If you have nothing to prove. Don't comment telling me you have nothing to prove. Just walk away. This was a challenge. If you decline, walk away.

I have been tested before and they want only the correct object that is hidden. I had 5 envelopes in front of me and I felt I dis good I got three out of five right but right only because of what I described. The other two was close. One was a word bondage and I said leather and whips and chains. The people that were involved said I did good on all of them but the main person would not agree.

Edited by sensitive touch

Then I said I see the color red and heat. The answer was hot water thing I forgot what it is called but they looked it up and they are red but did say the exact word. That is the issue with controlled settings.

Edited by sensitive touch

I suspect this is because you can't prove it.

I'm not asking about anything other then future telling. That's all. Read the OP before you comment.

Edit:When someone says 'whats in my future for me, will I find love?" and some psychic comes on the scene and does their dance is what I'm talking about.

For all of those out there with a burning desire to ask the question, "will I find love", I'm here to provide that answer. Yes, you will. No telling how long, what kind, to what degree, and with who, though. Bwahaha, another psychic victory! Really, stupid questions=insipid answers. I did read the OP, and I suppose I can post whatever and however I want, just as you did. You can castigate me for it if it pleases you. And how would one go about proving something like this without violating confidentiality? And what would constitute acceptable proof, whose criteria would we use, and who would judge?

You sound grumpy. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the litter box? Like your quote, by the way, from H.R.R Haldemann, a Nixon aide. Hunter Thompson stole it from him. It's one of my favorites.

Edited by Beany

I was asking for someone to read my future. I didn't set rules, I challenged the psychic community to do some psychic stuff for my very near future.

Cat's don't generally sleep in their litter box's, but a nice attempt at a snide comment. I'd give you props but you can do better.

I got it from Rammstein. Mein Hertz Brentt. Didn't really care where they got it from. Was my fave song for a while.

I was asking for someone to read my future. I didn't set rules, I challenged the psychic community to do some psychic stuff for my very near future.

Cat's don't generally sleep in their litter box's, but a nice attempt at a snide comment. I'd give you props but you can do better.

I got it from Rammstein. Mein Hertz Brentt. Didn't really care where they got it from. Was my fave song for a while.

The kitty box comment was an attempt to lighten the mood, which apparently was an abysmal failure, and given the subtext, probably doomed to fail anyway. Anyhoo, here's a link about scientific trials & studies of presentiment or fortelling the future you might find interesting. It may or not provide you with proof you've been asking for, but science is working on it, and it's worth a read. The organization, Institute of Noetic Sciences, is pretty credible. http://noetic.org/re...man-capacities/

FYI, your posts themselves, the language, the content, says a lot about who you are; that's true of every one who posts here. Everyone of us is always "reading" people. Perhaps it's a behavior that came from a time when every stranger was either a threat or an ally, and being able to accurately read someone, or a group of someones, meant the difference between life & death.

Edited by Beany

Hey ST, did you get round to my a description of my computer area?

Hi Zarakitty

I don't claim to be psychic or anything... all I know is what I see...so here it goes

by the way ... I think I do this way different then others...shrugs..just how I am

first I got a small personal airplane...you rode in ..someone close to you has it? I feel

a fascination with crosses...

Head in the clouds...

picture of women on stand next to bed...

beach bum

surfs up

brother in national guard...i get guard?

something to do with city life?

a pull down lever ..having problems with

red car/ mustang..

who is veronica? spelling on this..same sound

as for my spelling or how I place my commas etc... shrugs..don't care to hear about it from anyone... it's my style of writing!

anyhow there it is...some of what I got...

hope it entertains

by the way you should put more faith in your self

char

Edited by charmcph33
  • Like 1

So, the reading is about familiar scenarios or situations, and both sides really want to believe, and/or be proved right... And I'm guessing the results will be based on focusing on the ones that are right, or that are nearly right, or that can be twisted or turned to sort of be right. And the terms used are often vague, dreamy and odd/unrelated (so they require that metaphorical twisting..). I reckon I could get a close to 100% match on what was just said.. but about MY situation.

As has been pointed out, there are ways to be scientific about this. But I see not much interest here to apply any methodical and properly thought out approach to this - because it will spoil the fun, I suspect!

I would REALLY love to hear some comments, even discussion, from both sides about the following concepts:

Confirmation Bias

Cherry Picking of Data

The concept of 'Falsifiability'

If I see an acknowledgement that these are absolutely applicable here, and that they must (and CAN) be taken into account and/or tested for, then I'll get interested. (And there are several other issues being ignored - those are just the start..)

Hi Zarakitty

I don't claim to be psychic or anything... all I know is what I see...so here it goes

by the way ... I think I do this way different then others...shrugs..just how I am

first I got a small personal airplane...you rode in ..someone close to you has it? I feel

a fascination with crosses...

Head in the clouds...

picture of women on stand next to bed...

beach bum

surfs up

brother in national guard...i get guard?

something to do with city life?

a pull down lever ..having problems with

red car/ mustang..

who is veronica? spelling on this..same sound

as for my spelling or how I place my commas etc... shrugs..don't care to hear about it from anyone... it's my style of writing!

anyhow there it is...some of what I got...

hope it entertains

by the way you should put more faith in your self

char

My heart skipped a beat. Literally.

My uncle is famous, he rides motorbikes in america. He took my mother and I in his helicopter for a joy flight.

When I was young, yes.

Always,

When I was born, my mother saw a spirit/ghost next to me bed area.

I'm indeed a water baby, I love the beach.

I got caught in a rip on Christmas.

My brother is 14 xP I'll get back to you on that one

I was in Central Sydney for the first time yesterday, well the first time with friends.

I can't pull the handbreak down on dads car, the one I'm learning to drive in.

My mother loves mustangs.

My close cousin, she stayed with me at my grandmothers house when I got kicked out.

That was.. amazing. Tell me how you did it?

My heart skipped a beat. Literally.

My uncle is famous, he rides motorbikes in america. He took my mother and I in his helicopter for a joy flight.

When I was young, yes.

Always,

When I was born, my mother saw a spirit/ghost next to me bed area.

I'm indeed a water baby, I love the beach.

I got caught in a rip on Christmas.

My brother is 14 xP I'll get back to you on that one

I was in Central Sydney for the first time yesterday, well the first time with friends.

I can't pull the handbreak down on dads car, the one I'm learning to drive in.

My mother loves mustangs.

My close cousin, she stayed with me at my grandmothers house when I got kicked out.

That was.. amazing. Tell me how you did it?

The vast majority of that is very general, it is cold reading. A lot of stuff he could have also easily enough guessed