Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Challenge

ZaraKitty

The vast majority of that is very general, it is cold reading. A lot of stuff he could have also easily enough guessed

If that's true then it's very good.

How many people know people with helicopters?

If that's true then it's very good.

How many people know people with helicopters?

This is how reading works, it lets you fill in the gaps.

The generalist statement:

first I got a small personal airplane...you rode in ..someone close to you has it? I feel

You assigned a helicopter ride to it. She didn't mention helicopters. He even gave multiple options for the answer. And to be fair, that could cover most a great many people I know, lots of holiday destinations for example do helicopter tours.

Cold reading is very well known in psychology as a trick and is very common amongst "psychics", all general nothing specific.

Edited by Mattshark
  • Like 1

As pointed out, the word helicopter wasn't used... I love aircraft, a close family member is a pilot, and one of my happiest moments involved a chopper flight (and whales - it's a long story)...

In fact, let me have a go at all of them:

first I got a small personal airplane...you rode in ..someone close to you has it?

As I said, a family member flies commercially, and his travels very directly affect my life in a number of ways, plus there was a life-changing moment for me in a chopper some years back.

I feel a fascination with crosses...

I find discussions of religion very interesting, a very close friend has recently 'found' religion in a big way, and I played several rounds of noughts and crosses just two days ago!

Head in the clouds...

I'm most definitely a dreamer, plus I study meteorology and cloud patterns - used to run a registered weather station as part of my job...

picture of women on stand next to bed...

No comment... :blush: :w00t:

beach bum, surfs up

May be gettin' a bit past it, but I'm an avid beachgoer, fisher, swimmer, snorkeler, body surfer (check my location)

brother in national guard...i get guard?

Not a brother, but a close friend is serving in conflicted zones. I guess you could say he was like a brother to me..

something to do with city life?

Worked in inner city until recently - didn't like commuting.

a pull down lever ..having problems with

red car/ mustang..

This one's funny - let's just say a personal project of mine isn't a Mustang, but the colour is near enough and it has problems with (more than) a few of its levers and buttons..

who is veronica? spelling on this..same sound

I don't know a Veronica, but I can think of two things important to me that rhyme reasonably closely, one VERY closely ...

So there's a pretty perfect match, yet it wasn't for me! - I invite others to try... I think you'll get the picture.

• Like 1

As pointed out, the word helicopter wasn't used... I love aircraft, a close family member is a pilot, and one of my happiest moments involved a chopper flight (and whales - it's a long story)...

In fact, let me have a go at all of them:

first I got a small personal airplane...you rode in ..someone close to you has it?

As I said, a family member flies commercially, and his travels very directly affect my life in a number of ways, plus there was a life-changing moment for me in a chopper some years back.

I feel a fascination with crosses...

I find discussions of religion very interesting, a very close friend has recently 'found' religion in a big way, and I played several rounds of noughts and crosses just two days ago!

Head in the clouds...

I'm most definitely a dreamer, plus I study meteorology and cloud patterns - used to run a registered weather station as part of my job...

picture of women on stand next to bed...

No comment... :blush: :w00t:

beach bum, surfs up

May be gettin' a bit past it, but I'm an avid beachgoer, fisher, swimmer, snorkeler, body surfer (check my location)

brother in national guard...i get guard?

Not a brother, but a close friend is serving in conflicted zones. I guess you could say he was like a brother to me..

something to do with city life?

Worked in inner city until recently - didn't like commuting.

a pull down lever ..having problems with

red car/ mustang..

This one's funny - let's just say a personal project of mine isn't a Mustang, but the colour is near enough and it has problems with (more than) a few of its levers and buttons..

who is veronica? spelling on this..same sound

I don't know a Veronica, but I can think of two things important to me that rhyme reasonably closely, one VERY closely ...

So there's a pretty perfect match, yet it wasn't for me! - I invite others to try... I think you'll get the picture.

I understand now, that was very clever.

Well Well.....as I thought...complete waste of my time and effort....this is why I don't read for people here ...or what ever it is you say I'm doing..."cold read"!? OH and by the way .... I'm quite female...women ... a she...not he!!! My gender says female...OH i know ...this is the internet...and i could be LIEING about that also...

But how about a little RESPECT!!

are u for 100% sure that I did a cold read...scientist are never 100% correct, they always leave that 1% ...cause they are constantly changeing ...their opinions on stuff everyday...examples...food, drugs..the world around us!!!

You know I was prepared to be put down...for what it is I do?!

I sit with a tablet in front of me and pen...write down the person's name and scribble till things come to me and write it down...that's how I do it...

I didn't see her in person...so I couldn't read her emotions, or how she looks, and I didn't ask no questions...none...all I saw was under her name she lives in australia and a female... hmmmmmmmm but we all know that could be a lie..cause its the enternet...? Yeal google people ..whatever... not wasting time on that just to ..try and win a challenge that gets me....WHAT...?

How about taking it at face value...did I hurt anyone here by doing this challenge? Did I do any thing that deserves to be put down?

Yelp got my feelings hurt...guess you can tell that...by now

I don't exspect you to believe in anything till you first hand experience it...cause I don't...but dam show some respect!!

How about ...hey...that was pretty close? or Nice try and THANKS FOR EVEN TRYING??!!

Anyway..... Zarakitty ... trust and love yourself and nothing will stand in your way.

Sorry but coldreading is very much known as a technique, even if you don't know you are doing it, that is what you have done.

If you are going to give vague statements that anyone could do, you are not doing anything that anyone could do. It is a well known trick of the "psychic trade". It is meant as an insult to you, but neither does it change what you are doing.

Ok I was told before I give cold readings. I would like to post a read and the response and let's tear the read apart and really see what is cold and what is not. I think this is fair.

Well Well.....as I thought...complete waste of my time and effort....this is why I don't read for people here ...or what ever it is you say I'm doing..."cold read"!? OH and by the way .... I'm quite female...women ... a she...not he!!! My gender says female...OH i know ...this is the internet...and i could be LIEING about that also...

are u for 100% sure that I did a cold read...scientist are never 100% correct, they always leave that 1% ...cause they are constantly changeing ...their opinions on stuff everyday...examples...food, drugs..the world around us!!!

I sit with a tablet in front of me and pen...write down the person's name and scribble till things come to me and write it down...that's how I do it...

I didn't see her in person...so I couldn't read her emotions, or how she looks, and I didn't ask no questions...none...all I saw was under her name she lives in australia and a female... hmmmmmmmm but we all know that could be a lie..cause its the enternet...? Yeal google people ..whatever... not wasting time on that just to ..try and win a challenge that gets me....WHAT...?

How about taking it at face value...did I hurt anyone here by doing this challenge? Did I do any thing that deserves to be put down?

I don't exspect you to believe in anything till you first hand experience it...cause I don't...but dam show some respect!!

How about ...hey...that was pretty close? or Nice try and THANKS FOR EVEN TRYING??!!

Anyway..... Zarakitty ... trust and love yourself and nothing will stand in your way.

If it matters, I think you did GREAT!! This is why no one wants to take the challenge. They throw around the "cold reading" like it's a dirty word. They call it vague if you don't see every detail. The truth is that we see what we see and we don't even know why, it connects to the people's lives that we read where it wouldn't connect to anyone else. A real professional reader that gets everything right, every time won't come here and do this, they are too busy making money or being Mother Theresa. Don't let it get you down, you have some real talent. Some people like to wrap things in a box but this is not one of those things you can.

I find it rather interesting that she was happy with her reading until a well respected uber skeptic tore it up and then wasn't very successful in doing so. It would not fit everyone.

Thank you for trying. :) I do have to take in all view points, you did a great job and we're pretty spot on. I like your method.

If it matters, I think you did GREAT!! This is why no one wants to take the challenge. They throw around the "cold reading" like it's a dirty word. They call it vague if you don't see every detail. The truth is that we see what we see and we don't even know why, it connects to the people's lives that we read where it wouldn't connect to anyone else. A real professional reader that gets everything right, every time won't come here and do this, they are too busy making money or being Mother Theresa. Don't let it get you down, you have some real talent. Some people like to wrap things in a box but this is not one of those things you can.

I find it rather interesting that she was happy with her reading until a well respected uber skeptic tore it up and then wasn't very successful in doing so. It would not fit everyone.

I was seeing it from every side. I'm still happy with it. I made my choice. :)

When reader gets exact names exact areas of the body that has trauma and exactly how their child was taken from them. How can that be a cold reading. Or in my past life reads I see a person drowned and now they so fearful of water they have never taken a bath. Seeing their fingers get cut off and they wake in the night having nightmares and waking up with no feelings in their fingers.

• Like 1

I did another past life and I saw the person was a great shot and I saw her as Annie Oakley. She loved Annie so much she had a big portrait of her in her livingroom and she was very good with a gun. I know nothing about them. Where is my debunkers? I can go on and on. How can you prove this cold readings.

• Like 1

I did another past life on a person and I told his airplane went down and I gave a first and last name. He did research on it and him and his wife was blown away. They found a picture and they looked like twins. I have been tested on remote viewing and I fail a lot. I do not know why this is. All these reads are on these for anyone to see.

Edited by sensitive touch
  • Like 1

Past life reading is very different, it is completely subjective and not provable in any manner you also need to have a believer in past lives for it to work for the most part.

If you wish to try and read me ST I am happy for you to do so.

Edited by Mattshark

I have no problem reading you. I will send it to you in pm and you can do what ever you wish with it. When I get time. Thanks

• Like 1

I have no problem reading you. I will send it to you in pm and you can do what ever you wish with it. When I get time. Thanks

Ok, ty.

Past reads nobody does them and the people reading sometimes feel it is not a past life but their current life. Either way it is a good connection.

• Like 1

[...]How about taking it at face value.[...]

How about reading real stuff, and not just throwing what comes in mind. Here is what sits in my head. Please read, well, better draw what you read, afterwards we will compare your readings with real stuff. Fair enough?

Do you really believe that someone can look it to the future, specifically yours just be learning about your life? Why do you waste money on these people instead of taking charge of your own life? How do you bend the space time continuum and so casually glace in the future? I am a skeptic of such things, and am laying down a challenge with no reward other then the satisfaction of proving that you can bend space and time. I will give you some leeway and tell you SOME things if 'needed'

Tell me any major aspects of my life without me telling you anything about myself, any very near future aspects. Then, tell me how you got to know such things. I will lay down and accept that time has been distorted.

oooh oooh i bet people will be jumping at your challenge!

do you realize there are people offering real money for proof and you think you're going to get all kinds of willing participants just because you challenged them?

hey, maybe you will. i doubt it though. i know if i had the ability i wouldn't waste five seconds on someone with your attitude.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

Sorry Hatch, but whether you like it or not, cold reading is something very much known, investigated and understood and whether it was charmcph33's intention or not, that is what she has done. The intent is not to insult, but that is not being psychic or reading, it is vague statements that can apply to almost anyone and the way the human mind works is that it fills in the blanks. There is a ton of literature about this out there.

oooh oooh i bet people will be jumping at your challenge!

do you realize there are people offering real money for proof and you think you're going to get all kinds of willing participants just because you challenged them?

hey, maybe you will. i doubt it though. i know if i had the ability i wouldn't waste five seconds on someone with your attitude.

Well judging by the fact that no one has come forward and shown real evidence of such abilities at all means we haven't even gotten onto the issues with energetics behind this. Simple fact is, there is nothing to suggest these powers exist and a lot of claims by people saying they can without being able to really back it up.

I just want to say that I have zero abilities that I am aware of and Hatch did an excellent reading for me. Most of the things she discussed were detailed so much so that I knew what she was talking about. I don't understand much of psychic phenomena but if they aren't charging you for a reading, then honestly what is their motivation? I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. They receive no rewards for their reading so why mislead, especially on a forum where they can't see the effects they supposedly cause.

I enjoyed and learned from my reading and have been tempted to ask someone else for another one. And I will appreciate it and take it for what it's worth. I'd like to thank those of you out there who do them for us in spite of the criticism you receive. It is appreciated greatly by myself.

My 2 cents.

Edited by arenee
  • Like 1

Like I said tear one of my reads and response apart and show to me and everyone that it is a cold reading I would love to be shown.

• Like 1

How about reading real stuff, and not just throwing what comes in mind. Here is what sits in my head. Please read, well, better draw what you read, afterwards we will compare your readings with real stuff. Fair enough?

That 'what' you mention seems to be just an advert ........

OK...so by me drawing a picture of what I saw in my mind...would help you out how? You still would of said that the drawing could of went fo anyone...or that it didn't mean anything. As for detailed...info...wow...and it doesn't work like that..or at least for me...it is images of different things...from airplane to cross then to a brother as a guard...to women in picture to a girl named veronica... Just how do you draw a picture of all that in one picture? I myself would luv more detailed info in my mind...besides it was a reading nothing more nothing less...

It really doesn't matter .... no person that doesn't want to really understand ...will understand or listen ..so why try...

My point was... a thankyou...a simple thankyou just for coming foward and trying.

by the way ... your welcome!

.I really don't care if anyone believe's in me...lord knows sometimes I don't believe in myself...

As to evidence....I wouldn't know how or even where to begin.. "just images in my thoughts"

I do know we are all connected somehow... and in that is how it works!

Enjoy this site so much.... for everyone's opinion's skeptic or not..lol

I can see everyone's point of view...

Mattshark..exactly tell me what is cold reading in your own words...don't give me a link or anything like that...just what you say is cold reading?

and I'm asking politely please.? Just so I understand your point of view... and thankyou ahead of time.. ;)