Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Challenge

ZaraKitty

Reading other languages,

Hi Dobsd, Thanks for hanging out there. All I am doing here is trying to see if I can make a connection with the other language you speak. So let's see if I can connect tonight. Parla vue, was what came to me from a males voice. GOUTENBURG was said. I heard ARCADIA.

RESPONSE: Parla Vue is a place I went on holiday once with my Grandparents when I was a kid. How weird!

Arcadia is the ship my cousin is currently working on as a ship photographer - this is quite worrying, can you tell me anything more about that?!

Gutenburg is German, which is the other language I speak. Now what did I accomplish here. And where is it a cold read. Let me know. I got my objective taken care. Thanks ST

Edited by sensitive touch

Sorry Hatch, but whether you like it or not, cold reading is something very much known, investigated and understood and whether it was charmcph33's intention or not, that is what she has done. The intent is not to insult, but that is not being psychic or reading, it is vague statements that can apply to almost anyone and the way the human mind works is that it fills in the blanks. There is a ton of literature about this out there.

Hi Matt,

I do about 10 readings a day, other places, not here anymore because it was tiresome getting feedback from the skeptics when it wasn't even their reading. I've researched the "cold reading" and still don't quite understand what they are talking about. I require age, gender and a screen name, that's it, that carries enough energy for me to get a pretty good reading on a person. Can I tell you if your eyes are a root beer brown or if your hair is sandy blond, no. But I might pick up on a sore tooth and a broken washing machine. Then again, I might not get anything from your energy because you are blocking or because you will reason it out that well **% of people have a sore tooth right now and a broken washing machine. I really don't have a problem with skeptics except when they are telling people getting a reading how and what to think. Let the person decide for themselves. Most of us have a code of ethics that we follow. My number one rule is do no harm. I'm not a doctor or a counselor but I am an old lady with some pretty good advice. If you want to call what we do a cold reading, ok, just don't say it like it's a dirty word. I read energy, not minds. But I'm pretty sure you have rolled your eye's more than once reading this, well, don't hurt yourself or give yourself a headache doing it, I don't read here anymore because of people like you. I really thought this whole section was about members giving other members readings, there is another section for skeptics and challenges but it doesn't seem to keep the skeptics out of other people's readings and braiding the reader until they feel so small and insignificant that they can't or won't do readings anymore. We are called sensitives for a reason, we are. It all comes from the same place, empathy, do you feel any? When someone you love is sick, do you feel for them? When you wife went in to labor, did you get a tummy ache? Or when she had morning sickness, did you get sick too? We just feel a little more. You don't have to believe in intuition or mother's intuition just show a bit of respect.

Hatch.

Np Char, cold reading is a technique commonly used to appear to have more information than you have about someone or a situaiton by using vague descriptions and questions. It is a very common technique used by psychics, it is also something that people will commonly do subconsciously when trying to think about another person they do not know. You will pick up on information gained from various aspects of their charachter and (in this case) their writing.

The human brain is set out to basically pick up vauge ideas and statements from people and translate them from others in a far more meaningful manner than they set out as well to create vague ideas in our heads about others.

I don't think you are doing this as fraud, as I said it is something the human brain naturally will do, but I do think this is the case.

I just want to say that I have zero abilities that I am aware of and Hatch did an excellent reading for me. Most of the things she discussed were detailed so much so that I knew what she was talking about. I don't understand much of psychic phenomena but if they aren't charging you for a reading, then honestly what is their motivation? I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. They receive no rewards for their reading so why mislead, especially on a forum where they can't see the effects they supposedly cause.

I enjoyed and learned from my reading and have been tempted to ask someone else for another one. And I will appreciate it and take it for what it's worth. I'd like to thank those of you out there who do them for us in spite of the criticism you receive. It is appreciated greatly by myself.

My 2 cents.

Hi Arenee,

Thank you for your lovely words of support!!

Gracie.

Hi Matt,

I do about 10 readings a day, other places, not here anymore because it was tiresome getting feedback from the skeptics when it wasn't even their reading. I've researched the "cold reading" and still don't quite understand what they are talking about. I require age, gender and a screen name, that's it, that carries enough energy for me to get a pretty good reading on a person. Can I tell you if your eyes are a root beer brown or if your hair is sandy blond, no. But I might pick up on a sore tooth and a broken washing machine. Then again, I might not get anything from your energy because you are blocking or because you will reason it out that well **% of people have a sore tooth right now and a broken washing machine. I really don't have a problem with skeptics except when they are telling people getting a reading how and what to think. Let the person decide for themselves. Most of us have a code of ethics that we follow. My number one rule is do no harm. I'm not a doctor or a counselor but I am an old lady with some pretty good advice. If you want to call what we do a cold reading, ok, just don't say it like it's a dirty word. I read energy, not minds. But I'm pretty sure you have rolled your eye's more than once reading this, well, don't hurt yourself or give yourself a headache doing it, I don't read here anymore because of people like you. I really thought this whole section was about members giving other members readings, there is another section for skeptics and challenges but it doesn't seem to keep the skeptics out of other people's readings and braiding the reader until they feel so small and insignificant that they can't or won't do readings anymore. We are called sensitives for a reason, we are. It all comes from the same place, empathy, do you feel any? When someone you love is sick, do you feel for them? When you wife went in to labor, did you get a tummy ache? Or when she had morning sickness, did you get sick too? We just feel a little more. You don't have to believe in intuition or mother's intuition just show a bit of respect.

Hatch.

See my last post mate if you wish to understand what cold reading is.

Of course I feel empathy, believe me the very few people who don't are damn scary.

I'm sceptical because as a scientist, I'd be bad at my job if I wasn't and secondly, there history of study in this field which has failed to yeild a single result without the data being tampered with or the control being comprimised.It isn't personal.

I also have other concerns on the energetics of the situations (energy is required to send and recieve - this means metabolics should atler too) and the signalling involved (ie the signal should be measurable and their should be reception points within the body for it).

Hope that helps explain my position.

Edited by Mattshark

Reading other languages,

Hi Dobsd, Thanks for hanging out there. All I am doing here is trying to see if I can make a connection with the other language you speak. So let's see if I can connect tonight. Parla vue, was what came to me from a males voice. GOUTENBURG was said. I heard ARCADIA.

RESPONSE: Parla Vue is a place I went on holiday once with my Grandparents when I was a kid. How weird!

Arcadia is the ship my cousin is currently working on as a ship photographer - this is quite worrying, can you tell me anything more about that?!

Gutenburg is German, which is the other language I speak. Now what did I accomplish here. And where is it a cold read. Let me know. I got my objective taken care. Thanks ST

Who is Dobsd?

This was a read I wanted someone to prove it was a cold reading. This is one of my many reads. I can post all day and I am waiting for some proof I am cold reading.

Reading other languages,

You'll have to excuse my scepticism mate, but they are just vague words.

There are a lot of places called Arcadia (primarily a part of ancient Greece).

Parla vue, sounds like a misspelling of Parle vue tbf mate.

Gutenburg, is in Switzerland, near Bern, but the spelling you have would not suggest German.

This was a read I wanted someone to prove it was a cold reading. This is one of my many reads. I can post all day and I am waiting for some proof I am cold reading.

Cold reading is not the only technique used mate, but with out both parties and an impartial looking at the read we cannot assess it correctly.

Hi Mattshark

Sorry not quite figured out the quote thing..being old and all...lol

but here's some of what you said....

"(cold reading is a technique commonly used to appear to have more information than you have about someone or a situaiton by using vague descriptions and questions. It is a very common technique used by psychics, it is also something that people will commonly do subconsciously when trying to think about another person they do not know. You will pick up on information gained from various aspects of their charachter and (in this case) their writing.

The human brain is set out to basically pick up vauge ideas and statements from people and translate them from others in a far more meaningful manner than they set out as well to create vague ideas in our heads about others.

I don't think you are doing this as fraud, as I said it is something the human brain naturally will do, but I do think this is the case.)"

and from another post ... please if you don't mind ty

"(I'm sceptical because as a scientist, I'd be bad at my job if I wasn't and secondly, there history of study in this field which has failed to yeild a single result without the data being tampered with or the control being comprimised.It isn't personal.

I also have other concerns on the energetics of the situations (energy is required to send and recieve - this means metabolics should atler too) and the signalling involved (ie the signal should be measurable and their should be reception points within the body for it).I'm sceptical because as a scientist, I'd be bad at my job if I wasn't and secondly, there history of study in this field which has failed to yeild a single result without the data being tampered with or the control being comprimised.It isn't personal.)"

Thank you for explaining your point of view.... Now I understand where your coming from. :)

No need for my defending myself here at all....whew that's a relief!! Jokingly really

Thanks again

Char

random thoughts

dog shaggy

Denise

new baby..crying

small fishing boat.. The pootner...

kept lures

fishing with father

airospace

John

Np Char, I will tell you about the reading and me when ST has done his for me :).

I find it rather interesting that she was happy with her reading until...

But she has said she is still happy with it - so what is the problem?

a well respected uber skeptic tore it up

"Tore it up"? Why did you use those words? Can you explain what you mean? If you are referring to my response to the reading, what do you have problems with? If you are suggesting I made any of it up, I am happy to prove to a moderator that everything I reported is correct.

Isn't this a public forum? Why should there be a problem if I show how a 'reading' can be applied to others?

and then wasn't very successful in doing so.

?? But a moment ago you said it was 'torn up'. How is that possible if it 'wasn't very successful'? In fact I think you need to elaborate on that - if you think that my responses were not applicable, can you be specific on what was wrong? If it wasn't that, can you please be more specific and quote what you are referring to?

It would not fit everyone.

I beg to differ. I would be surprised if most readers here couldn't make most of the reading apply to them, with a little twisting and the desire to make it so..

Who doesn't like Mustangs or have a personal story involving a small aircraft, or city life (especially when it is widened to include family and friends)? Has their head in the clouds? Likes the beach?

I'm NOT having a go at anyone or trying to insinuate that deliberate cold-reading is happening - that reading could well be amazingly accurate for the intended person, and it could be based on real ESP/whatever - I cannot prove otherwise.

What I am simply saying is that this approach is not a useful test. There are ways to usefully test it, but they involve a lot of work to eliminate the problems of subjectivity, confirmation bias, cherry picking, etc. And when those issues are properly addressed in what might be thought of as a more 'clinical' trial, the accuracy of the readings drops to nothing greater than statistical chance..

I am actually here to see the other side to. I will keep my eyes on here. I will read you tomorrow night.

Hi Tasdevil,

I had erased some stuff but I went back to your page and it erased it so I will try to remember, (Rabbit) came on desert view something you see or could be in a picture in you're house just a desert no homes or roads. Rubber tubing came on cattle came on. Baskets came on do you have some around. I just saw a canopy. I am having a ringing in my ear and when that happens a death is near. Strange that it is happening while I am doing a read for you. I just heard the name Marcus. I am really having issues doing reads right now. Do you have a big purse? Bigger than usual. I am seeing a very big boat like a cruise boat. But the vision was so blurry I could hardly make it out. Is there a (ghost ship near by or is someone talking about one)( cause it was so hard to see and makeout. Do you have a dog with a big chain I keep seeing a big chain and you holding on to it. Does majic carpet mean anything I see one floating and moving in the air. I see a female lady looking at me with a smile but not a big smile Older lady probably in the sixties to early seventies. Does 9 foot mean anything. Have you been moving some stuff around in your house. I see one man picking up something and I cant see the other person.Do you have some place near with some merky water. Do you have open steps in your house in other words do the open up ad there is no wall at the bottom of the steps. I think I am doing this to late at night that is why I might not be seeing things. I will finish in the morning and lets see if it makes a difference. But please let me know if anything matches.Thanks Rick

Hi Tasdevil, I am going to try this morning to see if anything comes thru. I just heard white lightning. Kind of strange maybe I need some of that. My family used to make it in Kentucky and it would cure anything or knock you out.A river flowing at a pretty fast pace. Barbie Doll came on. But she was not clothed just the doll. I just hear a piece of jewelry and I saw a pearl necklace. I just heard crash up derby. Do you have anything to do with a( rodeo). I just saw a big white trailer that hauls something. Why I do I keep seing a cowboy raising his hat like he ha. I saw a( red vehicle). Do you have a driveway that is on a incline or decline. I see someone wadding up a newspaper and making it into a fly swatter to kill flies or bees. I have not seen that since I was a kid. Are you near a place where you see big birds flying alot. Do you have a relative an older person that gets into dancing and moving to their moving to the music. I am going to get some asprins I am not feeling good. Let me know if anything clicks. Thanks Rick

I live in a hot usually dry place some people might consider a desert. My Dad’s nickname is Rab shortened from his childhood name Rabbit.

My Grandmother (on Dad’s side) is very sick and the doctors don’t think she will survive another bad turn.

I use to go out with a guy named Marcus but that was over 5 ago.

I was given 2 large handbags at Christmas, larger than I would normally buy.

The boat could be a few things. Dad has a large white boat, not anywhere near a cruise ship though. A friend is planning to get married on a cruise ship, she and I aren’t as close as we used to be. And yesterday we were watching a TV show about the sinking of a luxury cruise ship during WW2 and we talked about watching Ghost Ship the movie.

The nearby river has muddy water and so does the river in my old home town.

I have a dog and her leash has a chain on it but it is only used when we go for walks.

Magic carpet? 9 foot? Older lady? Open steps? Drawing blanks.

Haven’t noticed anything at home out of place but hubby is on holidays so I might have blamed him.

Currently it’s wet season here and we have storms almost every day, thunder, lightning, the works. That may also lead to the local river flowing faster than normal.

I have a pearl necklace I wore on my wedding day and a friend is a jewellery maker and another sells jewellery.

When I was younger Dad went in a few demolition derby and mum took us to a few rodeos.

I also have a few friends from my home town that are rural and wear cowboy hats, boots, etc.

I went to a farm school that had cattle we all had to help look after.

I have a little red car ad am looking to upgrade. Driveway is on a slight incline but that’s typical here. My grandmother (Mum’s side) has a step inclining driveway.

Hubby is allergic to bees but we have a problem with biting flies here.

There are a few Wedge Tailed Eagles in the area and they can be over 2 metres in wing span.

Barbie doll? White trailer? Older relative dancing to music? Not sure about those ones.

Thanks again…Glad you are feeling better...

Tas

I see in this read some what I call direct connects but maybe you can tell me if I am seeing it wrong.

Edited by sensitive touch

@Chrizs:I think what Char did was amazing. I for one could not apply a single one of her points for Zarakitty to myself, no matter how hard I tried to stretch them. I can accept that a number of people would be able to relate to one or two points possibly, but no more.

For heaven's sake: 'a small personal airplane belonging to someone close ' ...... that's a pretty rare thing! Also the 'pull-down lever ....... having problems with', how often does anyone have problems with a pull-down lever? I can't remember when I ever did. That was a very precise insight into Zarakitty's life AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME. And as for 'Veronica' ...... if Char hadn't come up with anything else, this alone is brilliant. She came up with a name(and not a common one), of someone that is close to Zarakitty.

Well done Char!! :clap:

Okay now I want one... :nw:

May I try Arenee?

May I try Arenee?

Of course. How could I say no.

Hi Arenee

First was seeing a ghost

mother n law..

Peggy Sue

a christmas tree..given to u?

star gazer (constellations)

a magnetic pull....has to do with ground around you

researcher

little boy abt 5 ..blonde hair w/ straight bangs, leg braces

Aeron

sail boats models..

black & white cat....hear boots

comic book / illustrator

thanks for letting me

and good luck

That 'what' you mention seems to be just an advert ........

Ever heard of file sharing services?

OK...so by me drawing a picture of what I saw in my mind...would help you out how? [...]

Its a very distinctive pattern, but you can put it in words if you prefer. Can you read it? And sensitive touch can try this too.

I am confused. Are you saying this is what we are doing with are reads?

Its related to my life and it sits in my head. Aren't you, supposedly, be reading what is related with persons life? Now I'm confused...

People can not determine the future generally most people who read into your future just tell you very basic stuff like when the time is right, something good will happen, you need to make a decision

If this is fake or what ever you want to call it. I have done not as much as some has done but out of 700 reads maybe 50 could not understand it. Those numbers show that this is a positive experience and an eye opener for most. If a person can help that many and that is only the people I have read. What about the many thousands who have taken that info and talked about. We have helped so many and changed so many lives. I am going to keep doing what I am doing because I have a higher power helping me change people daily. So thanks to all I am getting back to what God put me on here to do. Science or no science. Time to move on for me. Keep doing what you all are doing God Bless.