Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The $400 LaserSaber for Star Wars fans

Still Waters

It’s perfect for members of the dork side!

For decades, Star Wars fans pretending to be a Jedi have missed one key ingredient in their mock-intergalactic escapades - a realistic-looking lightsaber.

But now they’ve been given new hope after a laser sword, which claims to be the most realistic yet, went on sale.

http://www.dailymail...be-Kenobis.html

• Like 1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DKO

• BaneSilvermoon

• Fluffybunny

• King Fluffs

"The most powerful laser you can legally own!"

Haha, love the video, lol.

It would be cool if it powered-down to just the handle, not a clear tube. If only we had the technology now...

Considering the green laser pointers are illegal in Australia I wouldn't expect these to ever come here.

Right, just the thing for members of the dork side. You can't even play with it, so what is the point of having it. I could think of a lot better things to drop 400 bucks on.

They had the same type of thing at Spencers for $100... it was a glass tube that powered up just like that...

from the dork side huh? It seems to me that with every new advancement we are getting one step closer to the real thing!!! Soon they will be advanced enough to actually fence with.

Ad to what practical use could we put it? Killing people?

Until it can cut someones arm off, it is still a toy and not a lightsaber. Let me know when they get the real deal, otherwise(you geeky journalists) stop creating articles that claim to have a lightsaber which are really just an altered flashlight/laser pointer.

Hmmm... can it sever limbs?

LMAO - do not engage in any sword play. What am I buying it for then?

It would be cool if it powered-down to just the handle, not a clear tube. If only we had the technology now...

Considering the green laser pointers are illegal in Australia I wouldn't expect these to ever come here.

Just curious, but why are green laser pointers illegal... Is it only green and not other colors?..

Hmmm, I forsee a lot of people ignoring those warnings and a lot of people ending up in the hospital with 'lightsabre' injuries. You just know people will want to play with them.

I can see it now,a darkened room full of geeks at a StarWars convention.How sad!!! :no:

The master replicas FX Light Sabres are better, cheaper and they've been around for years. Sequential LEDs and full sound effects.

Right, just the thing for members of the dork side. You can't even play with it, so what is the point of having it. I could think of a lot better things to drop 400 bucks on.

I know what you mean, but for some reason, I still want one. :)

How long till someone breaks the tube and sets something on fire?

If only those could have been available in the 70's............my childhood would have been perfect.

Just curious, but why are green laser pointers illegal... Is it only green and not other colors?..

Too many idiots were shining them at the cockpit of planes about to land. The red ones are legal because they are strong enough, I guess the other colours would be illegal too.

Too many idiots were shining them at the cockpit of planes about to land. The red ones are legal because they are strong enough, I guess the other colours would be illegal too.

I mean because they aren't strong enough, I cant edit that post for some reason.

Too many idiots were shining them at the cockpit of planes about to land. The red ones are legal because they aren't strong enough, I guess the other colours would be illegal too.

From wicked lasers webpage

The human eye perceives pure green light 800%, 2,000%, and 19,000% brighter than red, blue, and purple light respectively.
Edited by BaneSilvermoon

These look great, it would be nice if I had enough money to splash out on a couple of these. For all of those waiting for the real thing your going to have a long wait, anything more powerful than this would not be available to buy, but when the technology becomes so cheap/common that the everyday man could put one together themselves then we could all have our own secret lightsabers.