Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Think twice before you ride this horse...

hooko22

I'm guessing that if you chose to get on a horse with his feet on backwards then you pretty much deserve what you get.

Icelandic culture not withstanding.

:)

• Like 1

reminds me of a Kelpie :yes:

Yea there are numerous accounts I think of very similar water horses all over the world, most numerous in the nordic countries though for some reason.

I'm guessing that if you chose to get on a horse with his feet on backwards then you pretty much deserve what you get.

Icelandic culture not withstanding.

:)

Hehe Well might not be paying attention or maybe you just came back from a blender! ;)

Haha damn that was supposed to be bender not blender! LMAO

Edited by hooko22

I bet I know a few gypsies that would tame it... :wacko:

I've killed plenty of these things... in God of War III.

You just have to keep in mind that the Icelandic culture works a little differently. :hmm:

julianna_rose_mauriello_julianna_motivational_poster_DR2E2OT.sized.png

• Like 1

Ah yes, the horse. "Dangerous at either end and uncomfortable in the middle!"

You just have to keep in mind that the Icelandic culture works a little differently. :hmm:

julianna_rose_mauriello_julianna_motivational_poster_DR2E2OT.sized.png

LMAO Well they raised it to 15 so it's a little better. err I think...

The horse in the pic has it's hooves on the right way round ........... just sayin' ........... :whistle:

• Like 1

Oh good, you got the joke. When I was looking up some stuff on Icelandic lore I came across this and couldn't help myself but to post it up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh good, you got the joke. When I was looking up some stuff on Icelandic lore I came across this and couldn't help myself but to post it up.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, you got by me somehow. Try and answer everyone. :) Anyway, yes we are also a little baffled by this ourselves here in Iceland but then again most people here have theit act together when it comes to what is proper and what not so the age of consent hasn't really been a problem so far.

I know it's part of folklore but it sounds like a good way to explaine a drowning accident while on an horse riding expedition. Plus if a horse doesn't want you on its back it'll do anything to get you off of it. (rolling, running under low hanging branches, bucking, etc.)

• Like 1

I know it's part of folklore but it sounds like a good way to explaine a drowning accident while on an horse riding expedition. Plus if a horse doesn't want you on its back it'll do anything to get you off of it. (rolling, running under low hanging branches, bucking, etc.)

I think that is a very good explanation. After all people often invent things when they can't explain something.

I think that is a very good explanation. After all people often invent things when they can't explain something.

That's very true. It's even possible that someone went out alone and when they didn't return a search party was sent out and when they found they had drowned that was the only explanation they could find. No one wants to have to tell someone's family that they don't know how they drowned they just found them that way.

• Like 1

Are you for real thats the legal age there????

The age of consent varies around the US from state to state, most are around sixteen, but a couple have younger ages.....or at least did at one time. I honestly haven't checked up on it since I never really cared for really young girls.

This from Wikipedia:

Each US state has its own age of consent. State laws set the age of consent at 16, 17 or 18. The most common age is 16.[2]

• age of consent 16 (29): Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia
  • age of consent 17 (10): Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Wyoming
  • age of consent 18 (12): Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania1

1: In Pennsylvania, the age of consent is 16. If the minor is under the age of 18, the adult can be charged with "Coruption of a Minor". This is a misdemeanor. [3]. If the adult is in a position of power (teacher, clergy, or Police for example), this is a felony[4]. Even though the age of consent is 16, it is still a crime until the age of 18. Becase of this, Pennsylvania is normally listed as if it had an age of consent of 18.

Some states have exceptions to the law for people below the age of consent if their partner's age is within a specific range. This range is often between 2 and 4 years. Some states allow minors who are below the age of consent to consent to sex with their spouses if they are married, but not to anyone else.

[change] Examples

These are four examples of the age of sexual consent in two U.S. states.

• Georgia 16, it is a felony for anyone over 18 years of age to have sex with a person beneath 16 years of age punishable by imprisonment not less than one nor more than twenty years if the actor is under 21, but not less than ten nor more than twenty years if the actor is over 21. If the actor is under 18 and the victim is over 14 it is a misdemeanor, not a felony. There is no close in age exception to Georgia's law, although people thirteen and over can consent to sex within legal marriage. [5]
  • Illinois 17, no close in age exemption, although there are exceptions for minors to consent within marriage
  • Indiana—16, unless the adult works at the 16 year old's school or has some other authority over the 16 year old, in which it is sexual misconduct with a minor which is a felony, there is an exception allowing people 14 to consent to sex with another partner if the older partner is less than 18. A person between the age of 14 and 16 can consent if that person is married or has ever been married. It is a felony for anyone over 18 to have sex with anyone under 16, but there is a more harsh penalty if the victim is beneath 14, because that is considered "child molesting" by Indiana law[6]
  • Wisconsin—18, no close in age exception, but the penalty is far less severe for a person whose victim is 16 or older than one whose victim is under 16, being a class a misdemeanor for a person whose "victim" is over 16, a class c felony for a person whose victim is 15 or younger. Consent is allowed for a person 16 or older but under 18 only to his/her spouse in marriage .[7] [8] However, a minor below 16 cannot give consent even to a person he/she is married to. http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/025 Wisconsin also has an unusual law called "failure to act" which states that a person who is responsible for a child beneath 16 who fails to prevent the child from having sex with someone and is aware that the other person intended to have sex with him is guilty of a Class F felony.

Pennsylvania; technically 16, but there is a corruption of minors law which basically makes the age of consent 18 unless both parties are over 16 but under 18. [9]

Edited by keninsc

Yes I think I am not lying to you. Like I said we think it is weird too since you can't even buy alchahol until your 21!