Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police to re-examine evidence of psychics

Still Waters

Police are preparing to re-examine phone calls made to Crimestoppers in the wake of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, from members of the public who claimed they had dreamt about her or had psychic knowledge of the case.

The calls, initially dismissed due to their unusual content, will be passed to Scotland Yard as part of ongoing investigations.

It is understood around 100 phone calls were made to the phone hotline soon after Madeleine was reported missing from those claiming supernatural knowledge of her whereabouts.

http://www.telegraph...f-psychics.html

Even when I watched them last week on the news I can sense something isnt right about the parents.

Theres just something odd about how they are. The police should bug their house. Maybe the Portugese police did but that kind of intelligence cant be used as evidence. Even so I'd out them.

• Like 1

Oh, just like the psychic they asked during the event who said they would find Madeleine soon. They never did. All the 'psychic' did was look at average time elapse between a child being reported missing and being found, then made a generic statement.

If Psychics are real, that's fine, I just don't believe they are. Everything is cold reading and guesswork. Anybody can do it with little training, successful psychics are also attractive, charming and intelligent. But they also know what they are doing is nothing more than guesswork... They are mentally ill if they think otherwise.

Oh, just like the psychic they asked during the event who said they would find Madeleine soon. They never did. All the 'psychic' did was look at average time elapse between a child being reported missing and being found, then made a generic statement.

If Psychics are real, that's fine, I just don't believe they are. Everything is cold reading and guesswork. Anybody can do it with little training, successful psychics are also attractive, charming and intelligent. But they also know what they are doing is nothing more than guesswork... They are mentally ill if they think otherwise.

This is just perfect to start a war. Even though i'm not a mod or anything to tell you what to do, and I know this is just an opinion, but would you please refrain from saying anything that could seriously start a huge argument? O.k. you don't believe in psychics, but do you have to put them down? Yeah, ther're a lot of fakes that say that they can find missing people, but that doesn't mean that psychics aren't real. You're familiar with the word "freak" correct? Well that's the whole thing right there. Most psychics are afraid of saying they are, and proving they are. Simply because of what the human race does when they find something different. They imediately think it's dangerous, and try to kill it. That's the reason why psychics don't admit to they're power. Yeah, sure people would say that they would treat them nicely, but that's just because they haven't met anyone with abilities like psychics. Have you ever had deja vu? Well that is lead to believe your brain predicting every little thing that happens at that moment. I'm not trying to argue or anything. Just don't put people down just because of what they believe.

Now, on about the article. O.k. so we know that the girl has been missing since 2007, and the parents (according to Mr right wing) are acting strange. There has already been a psychic fail to locate her. Have they tried (not to sound negative) to speak to her spirit? I mean, they failed to locate her living, breathing body, but if she's dead, then maybe they should look for her spirit.

• Like 1

All psychics are fakes who make money off the weak and the vulnerable.This sounds pretty desperate to me...

IMHO the only reason I believe this is not a bad idea is for the possibility that someone with a genuine lead rang up claiming to be a psychic.

Motivations may include:

The person being afraid of repercussions of giving evidence and claiming supernatural powers to help shroud their identity.

Not making a logical connection between something they saw and it's relation to the case, and claiming psychic ability.

Subconsciously witnessing something & later believing it to come to the in a supernatural way.

General craziness leading to a coincidental substantial piece of information.

This is just perfect to start a war. Even though i'm not a mod or anything to tell you what to do, and I know this is just an opinion, but would you please refrain from saying anything that could seriously start a huge argument? O.k. you don't believe in psychics, but do you have to put them down? Yeah, ther're a lot of fakes that say that they can find missing people, but that doesn't mean that psychics aren't real. You're familiar with the word "freak" correct? Well that's the whole thing right there. Most psychics are afraid of saying they are, and proving they are. Simply because of what the human race does when they find something different. They imediately think it's dangerous, and try to kill it. That's the reason why psychics don't admit to they're power. Yeah, sure people would say that they would treat them nicely, but that's just because they haven't met anyone with abilities like psychics. Have you ever had deja vu? Well that is lead to believe your brain predicting every little thing that happens at that moment. I'm not trying to argue or anything. Just don't put people down just because of what they believe.

Now, on about the article. O.k. so we know that the girl has been missing since 2007, and the parents (according to Mr right wing) are acting strange. There has already been a psychic fail to locate her. Have they tried (not to sound negative) to speak to her spirit? I mean, they failed to locate her living, breathing body, but if she's dead, then maybe they should look for her spirit.

Shrug. It's my opinion, until I see otherwise, it'll will remain that way. If you notice, I did actually say I have no problem with them being real. Do I believe in ghosts/spirits? Damn straight, seen and experienced poltergeist activity in my house for several years. Do I believe people can talk to the dead? No. Do I resent people charging large sums of money to give a grieving mother some 'comfort' that her child is 'talking' from the other-side? Yes. The only psychics I would believe to be legit are those who charge NOTHING and ask for no donations. Remove money from the equation and I'm happy to go along with it. Do I have a problem with people believing in psychics? No. That's your prerogative. I wouldn't slam anybodies beliefs, but I do when money is involved, sorry. Money changes everything. Do I want to have an argument? No, of course not, too much negativity occurs on forums as it is. But I have the right, just like everybody does, to their own opinion, just because it upsets people does not mean I should not voice it.

Mr Minchin kind of sums it up for me in this video:

IMHO the only reason I believe this is not a bad idea is for the possibility that someone with a genuine lead rang up claiming to be a psychic.

Motivations may include:

The person being afraid of repercussions of giving evidence and claiming supernatural powers to help shroud their identity.

Not making a logical connection between something they saw and it's relation to the case, and claiming psychic ability.

Subconsciously witnessing something & later believing it to come to the in a supernatural way.

General craziness leading to a coincidental substantial piece of information.

How about asking the Portugal police what they think and accepting that they may know what they're talking about.

The mother did it.

wow 100 physchics at least 3/4 are fake, 1/5 think they r real and the lone 1 or 2 are real physcics

Any kind of a lead that helps find this girl.... is well worth the attempt in my eyes...weather being physcic or not....she needs peace one way or another.

How about asking the Portugal police what they think and accepting that they may know what they're talking about.

The mother did it.

I hope the truth comes out one day.

Even when I watched them last week on the news I can sense something isnt right about the parents.

Theres just something odd about how they are. The police should bug their house. Maybe the Portugese police did but that kind of intelligence cant be used as evidence. Even so I'd out them.

You know what I've thought that ever since she went missing. I can't help thinking that the whole situation is odd with them. I don't like making wild assumptions, but I can't get away from the instinctive feeling that they are hiding something...

You know what I've thought that ever since she went missing. I can't help thinking that the whole situation is odd with them. I don't like making wild assumptions, but I can't get away from the instinctive feeling that they are hiding something...

Same here, there is something strange about how they are.

A large number of cases of infanticide are usually committed by either a family member or somebody close.I always thought the parents new something about this.

As one who has studied Criminology it is easy to spot the issues with the parents. They most definitely know more than they will ever share with the public & undoubtably some details they are keeping from the police. When it comes to psychics......you are going to get your fakers or new agers who "believe" they have gifts because someone said they did or they like cashing in on people in need. Now, people who are perceptive & empathic do exist. It's just heightened senses that pick up on what the body is puting out. Even if a person believes they are a good liar, unless they are delusional & out right believes their own lie, the body will project a different story.

I don't know this case well. I do know from just reading the dialog of an interview with the parents alone that yes, they are bit off when it comes to their missing daughter. That being said, someone else who knows the area she went missing & is empathic or perceptive & has been following the case & watching the parents could give enough details to assit the police. "Intuition" is just the unconciouse mind assimilating information fastser than we can comprehend & projecting it to us in a way we can read it physically & mentally :).

Hopefully something will pan out & the right people will be brought to justice.

I believe there are real physics out there. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous people doing just about everything so I'm sure you will also find this type of behavior even among the physic community. I believe they should listen to what the people that called them have to say. They can judge if they find these people credible or not.

Update -

Television psychic Derek Acorah has claimed Madeleine McCann is dead, after a messenger from the spirit world told him she is not on this earth any more.

http://www.telegraph...ie-is-dead.html

Update -

Television psychic Derek Acorah has claimed Madeleine McCann is dead, after a messenger from the spirit world told him she is not on this earth any more.

http://www.telegraph...ie-is-dead.html

Possibly the biggest charlatan of them all.One person who made me cringe with embarrassment when he was on TV.

Personally know one of the police from leicestershire who went out immediately following the disappearance. They are certain that she is dead, and indeed like the previous poster think that the mother has something to do with it, the truth will out, and she is definitely under suspicion

Personally know one of the police from leicestershire who went out immediately following the disappearance. They are certain that she is dead, and indeed like the previous poster think that the mother has something to do with it, the truth will out, and she is definitely under suspicion

Mommy dearest did seem eager to keep their other children from "fretting" over their siblings disappearance. That doesn't sound like a woman who needs her family to grieve with her. Sounds like a woman who needs less attention away from herself & whatever she may be doing.

As one who has studied Criminology it is easy to spot the issues with the parents. They most definitely know more than they will ever share with the public & undoubtably some details they are keeping from the police. When it comes to psychics......you are going to get your fakers or new agers who "believe" they have gifts because someone said they did or they like cashing in on people in need. Now, people who are perceptive & empathic do exist. It's just heightened senses that pick up on what the body is puting out. Even if a person believes they are a good liar, unless they are delusional & out right believes their own lie, the body will project a different story.

I don't know this case well. I do know from just reading the dialog of an interview with the parents alone that yes, they are bit off when it comes to their missing daughter. That being said, someone else who knows the area she went missing & is empathic or perceptive & has been following the case & watching the parents could give enough details to assit the police. "Intuition" is just the unconciouse mind assimilating information fastser than we can comprehend & projecting it to us in a way we can read it physically & mentally :).

Hopefully something will pan out & the right people will be brought to justice.

I suspect a history of child abuse which went to far in Portugal resulting in Madeleines death.

My reasoning is that if a parent kills a child in an accident then its unlikely the Police would take it further unless there was negligence. Even then it would be manslaughter with a light sentence and therefore I dont believe Madeleines death was an accident. I think the child has been physically or sexually abused and the latest round killed her. Therefore the parents had to hide the body because an autopsy would have recovered evidence of this abuse.

I notice the Police discovered blood specks in the boot of their car but there was insufficent to identify which child it came from. I also notice that criminology says people travel away from the crime scene to dump the body. That is one huge smoking gun.

I think Madeleine was dead even before the parents went on their night out. I think we are dealing with psychopaths that can appear calm (but still strange) on camera. I think they killed her, they dumped the body, they went on their night out, they returned and called the Police with a 'my child has been taken' story.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

If this had happened in the UK then i think there would have been some closure to this,what ever the circumstances.I think the British police would have got to the bottom of it all.

From watching the parents on TV,i always felt they were involved..

If this had happened in the UK then i think there would have been some closure to this,what ever the circumstances.I think the British police would have got to the bottom of it all.

From watching the parents on TV,i always felt they were involved..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785

Sniffer dogs find blood traces in the appartment

Tests result in Portugeuse police naming the mother as a suspect

Sniffer dogs find traces of blood in a car they hired 25 days after she disappeared.

Police play down the blood in the car being 100% DNA match to madeline

Police take the blood evidence to Court before an instructional Judge (determines chances of convinction on evidence so far)

Jane Tanner (dinner party friend) claims she saw a man carrying a child

Judicial secrecy extended on case (we werent even told it was in place)

I think the police need to find out where the body was stored until they rented the car.

http://jillhavern.fo...ch-to-madeleine

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1844-50-facts-about-the-maddie-case-that-the-british-media-are-not-telling-you

Edited by Mr Right Wing

I have been a fan of this web site for a long time and now I feel I need to comment on this thread.

Where I live we had a case where a little girl was kidnapped her name is Tori Stafford. She was part of a very aggressive police search. Prior to being found I knew who killed her, where she was berried, where she would be found and how she was killed. At one point I mentioned it to others and told them what I knew. I had seen it all prior to her being found.

I regret deeply that I did not go to the police after all how could they believe me and after all how would the even believe it without thinking I did it since I knew so much about it.

I told this story to a friend who is a cop after the fact and she was upset with me for not letting her know earlier.

I was not looking for money or fame just wanted to help and felt bad about the case. I was told by my friend that if this happens again that I come straight to her and tell her.

I as of late found out that I have more connections to the case that I did not know about at the time. For example my partner went to the same school as the father of Tory. Also that one of the killers babysat for a close friend of mine 6 months prior to this event and that they did not want her to continue doing so as she was heavily into drugs.

I do not expect anyone here to believe me just that I needed to say that sometimes we know things and we should all pay attention to it as it may just be right.

I suspect a history of child abuse which went to far in Portugal resulting in Madeleines death.

My reasoning is that if a parent kills a child in an accident then its unlikely the Police would take it further unless there was negligence. Even then it would be manslaughter with a light sentence and therefore I dont believe Madeleines death was an accident. I think the child has been physically or sexually abused and the latest round killed her. Therefore the parents had to hide the body because an autopsy would have recovered evidence of this abuse.

I notice the Police discovered blood specks in the boot of their car but there was insufficent to identify which child it came from. I also notice that criminology says people travel away from the crime scene to dump the body. That is one huge smoking gun.

I think Madeleine was dead even before the parents went on their night out. I think we are dealing with psychopaths that can appear calm (but still strange) on camera. I think they killed her, they dumped the body, they went on their night out, they returned and called the Police with a 'my child has been taken' story.

I would suspect you are probably very correct. Which is very sad to say.