Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lack of contact with nature 'increasing

Still Waters

A lack of exposure to a "natural environment" could be resulting in more urban dwellers developing allergies and asthma, research has suggested.

Finnish scientists say certain bacteria, shown to be beneficial for human health, are found in greater abundance in non-urban surroundings.

The microbiota play an important role in the development and maintenance of the immune system, they add.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-17952320

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sickpuppy

• Robbie333

• spud the mackem

• Mikko-kun

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this has much to do with being to more diverse nature, or the nature we're used to be in touch with for many generations. The more different microbial lifeforms you come to touch with, the more diverse resistance you may develop, as long as you keep your basic health up.

it's funny..

well.. not funny.. more tragic

for a long time i've been saying to anyone who'd listen - "seperation from nature is mankinds biggest problem now"

it's like... one time many years ago a friend and i are watching some crap on TV, they've done surgery on a gorilla, its recuperation is spent in what could only be described as a jail cell...[edit: the narrator at this point explains how the gorilla 'mysteriously' died] my friend turns to me (there is almost a tear in his eye) saying "wtf - they stick it in that unnatural environment and they're expecting it to get better???"

how come my friend gets it, but supposed greater minds didn't?

the nature we're used to be in touch with

even feet contacting the earth is important

Edited by unit

This is only my opinion. I always believed that losing contact with nature is one of the most detramental things the human race can do to itself. We need to reaquaint ourselves with nature.

There's nothing quite like waking just after dawn on a bright summers day,on a boat on the river,the air is really fresh,birds start their songs,river gurgling,swans nosing about,and then the smell of freshly cooked bacon butties,absolute heaven..I feel sorry for the masses in the cities,who cannot get away from their environment..