Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woodys Mystic Lounge

TheWatcher

Hey there R-Gooster

Sunny there you say?

It rained here most of the morning. Its nice now though.

Have you had your tea yet?

Its going on 2:00 in the afternoon here now and Im already hungry for dinner.

Hey ..wait a minute...what did I even have for lunch?

Tea's been had and very nice it was too!

Hi guys...I want a fab...grape one please

:clap:

They don't come in grape flavor TW!

So...am I correct to assume...that a "FAB" is an ice lolly...which I know and love as a popsicle.

Oh this world...

You would be correct in that assumption yes

e5c6c913.jpg

Anyone ever tried rum and raisin ice-cream?

I tried it once when I was about 11.

Long story short, me and my sister had been to visit my aunty Joan and on the way home we flagged down Mr Whippy.

I noticed the rum and raisin and thought to my 11 year old self "Ooooooooo that's beer", so I got one and just five words can sum up my one and only experience of rum and raisin ice-cream:

"BLEURRRG...Waste of an ice-cream!!!"

It really was most horrible!

That "fab" thing does not look like any popsicle I ever had LOL...Now Im really confused . Oh and I hate rasins...rasin anything is very low on my list. I even pick it out of my trail mix and it looks like rabbit turds left behind.

I saw the Avengers over the weekend...

Lets give ourselves super powers. Trying to decide on flight....invisibility....super strength....

I guess I will go with the power of flight.

That fab thing looks like frozen ice...ice cream and some kind of nutty thing...looks good though...Why don't they make them in grape?

Ok second choice would be blue raz...

Here is a thought!

coke slushie!

Now we're talking...Coke slushies!

Yes. I want one now...

Off to the 711.

Edited by TheWatcher

That fab thing looks like frozen ice...ice cream and some kind of nutty thing...looks good though...Why don't they make them in grape?

Nuts in a Fab? Wash your mouth out, sir! The top bit is chocolate with a coating of hundreds and thousands - mind you, I think the chocolate is getting thinner.

Nuts in a Fab? Wash your mouth out, sir! The top bit is chocolate with a coating of hundreds and thousands - mind you, I think the chocolate is getting thinner.

The top bit is chocolate with a coating of hundreds and thousands of what?

Ok ...I know now its not nuts... :blush:

:unsure2: Is it that crumbly, crispy stuff?

I dont even know what its called.

whats the middle part made out of?

This thing is like three things in one!

:tu: Morning

e5c6c913.jpg

Edited by TheWatcher

The top bit is chocolate with a coating of hundreds and thousands of what?

Ok ...I know now its not nuts... :blush:

:unsure2: Is it that crumbly, crispy stuff?

I dont even know what its called.

whats the middle part made out of?

This thing is like three things in one!

:tu: Morning

e5c6c913.jpg

Afternoon!

It's a strawberry ice lolly and two thirds are coated in in vanilla ice cream. The top third is also coated in chocolate and hundreds and thousands (wee sugar strands). They were originally made to accompany the Thunderbirds TV show, if you know that... and they are lovely!

If you're thinking ice cream and nuts, you're looking at a Feast...

large_feast.jpg

I'll take a Fab over a Feast any day of the week...I also used to love cider lollies aswlell, and what are those ones called that are made from fresh orange with ice-cream inside.

Oh man, I have a lolly craving now, but as soon as the kiddo gets in from school (in about 10 minutes) I'll have to drop her off at her nanas' and go back to work, so no lollies for me :(

Edited by airlybird

Thunderbirds are GO!!!

Just had to say that...Nothing like the Thunderbirds to give you childhood flashbacks :)

I am looking for a feast!

Roast beef and some turkey, mashed potatos and gravy, maybe some stuffing, some veggies, maybe a salad...lots of gravy...more potatos...some lasagna, sausage soup...maybe some cheesecake...

Edited by TheWatcher

Thunderbirds, fabs, feasts...

You guys certinally make your ice cream and... excuse me... ice lollies... fancy :tu:

Edited by TheWatcher

I loved Fab and Feast. I also remember Funny Feet. When I was young, there used to be a lot of ice lollies named after things like The Empire Strikes Back and The Hulk (a friend of mine remembers a Blondie ice lolly) and in some of them you would get things like collectable cards or stickers with them.

I miss old crisps too. I was just wondering the other day, what ever happened to Tudor crisps and had to go and look it up. I remember Golden Wonder releasing a barbecue beef Superman crisp and a pickled onion Spider Man one. A friend of mine used to love a particular one from childhood called Rancheros which seem to have long since disappeared.

I loved Fab and Feast. I also remember Funny Feet. When I was young, there used to be a lot of ice lollies named after things like The Empire Strikes Back and The Hulk (a friend of mine remembers a Blondie ice lolly) and in some of them you would get things like collectable cards or stickers with them.

I miss old crisps too. I was just wondering the other day, what ever happened to Tudor crisps and had to go and look it up. I remember Golden Wonder releasing a barbecue beef Superman crisp and a pickled onion Spider Man one. A friend of mine used to love a particular one from childhood called Rancheros which seem to have long since disappeared.

Funny Feet! It was always a gamble in case you left a toe in the wrapper though.

A workmate claims that Rancheros still exist in a pub in the wilds of Cornwall but I think it's wishful thinking.

I hope everybody posting here will have a wonderful week ! :D

And you too, JVE!

Fab is also a cola drink here in the States. I think it's a diet cola. I'm not sure if they make it any more.

Funny feet?...toes in ice cream wrappers... :unsure2:

We're not livin right here Frecky... in the ice cream department.

I heard of Tab cola. *cringes*

My Aunt used to drink it. It came in pink cans...lol... I dont know if they even make it any more. Probably causes cancer or somethng.

..but seriously.,. you Ukers really have taken the ice cream/ ice Lollies world by storm.

Cards and stickers inside of ice cream? woah... :w00t:

Do I dare ask...Whats a Thunderbird?

Edited by TheWatcher

And you too, JVE!

So say we all :)

• Like 1

Funny feet?...toes in ice cream wrappers... :unsure2:

We're not livin right here Frecky... in the ice cream department.

I heard of Tab cola. *cringes*

My Aunt used to drink it. It came in pink cans...lol... I dont know if they even make it any more. Probably causes cancer or somethng.

Oh, that's what I'm thinking of! Fab is a laundry detergent. :rolleyes:

Sounds like everyone here is looking for a case of indigestion. And yes Watcher, Tab was taken off the market because it contained saccharin which was shown to cause cancer. My mom used to drink that awful stuff. Worst aftertaste I think I've ever experienced. Yuck!

Love ice cream. Some of those sound really good, except the rum one. I'll have my rum in eggnog.

I hope everybody posting here will have a wonderful week ! :D

You do the same and thanks for befriending us! You can never have too many friends!

Morning guys...gals...I just usually say "guys". Where I come from it is a unisex term to cover both...I just didnt want any one to think I was leaving out the woman when I say "guys".

It is shaping up to be a really nice day here on this side of the pond. I know we have our Canadian friends here and our UKers...Im from New York. Where else in the world is everybody else from?

Edited by TheWatcher
  • Like 1

I'm from Pennsylvania which is pretty close to your neck of the woods. Finally stopped raining here after 2 days and nights I hope. Just checking the site before I gotta leave for work. Hope everyone has a great day.

It is shaping up to be a really nice day here on this side of the pond.

Same here, the weather is nice and warm, should be a great day.

So you're from New York, yet you are a Cowboys fan ?! Must be a rarity. :D