Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emails from deceased

kimpy

Hi Everyone, This is my first post but hopefully someone my have had or know of a similar experience. My beloved father died January 2011 and about a month after he died I recieved an email from his account which had been closed down and the computer he used disconnected. I know for a fact that no other member of my family could have sent this email and as the email contained only a photo of my nephew in a car seat, I dont believe this as spam. When the email came through it appeared on my contact list and quite a few strange events followed afterwards. Any Ideas much appreciated.

First and formost, Kimpy welcome to UM.

​Now as far as receiving an email from your deceased father, I've read similar stories of that. Where most cases the person would receive a phone call from the deceased. Though the phone call would be full of static the people who've experienced it also say that they've heard the voice of the one who died. Is it possible that your father did indeed send an email, sure it is. Perhaps he's trying in his own way to let you know that he's okay.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for your kind words, anything is possible. Did the emails that you heard about contain any text ?

Mine was just an email with the photo as attachment. I rang my brother straight away worrying that it might have been a warning for my my nephews safety, bu the crazy thing was that later that day I was driving back from the supermarket with my six yr old son in his car seat, I thought I saw a glimpse of something in the rear view mirror of the back of someones head leaning over my son. It looked like the shape of my dads hair how he wore it in the 70's. Then my son said to me 'Mama you havent done my seatbelt up'. In shock I pulled the car over and rang my brother, the other coincidence was that when I looked back at the time the email was sent which was 8.04 in the morning, the time of the phone call to my brother was 8.05 in the evening, giving a minute for me to have pulled over and made the call exactly 12 hours later. I did not hear of any accidents in that area that I might have avoided by stopping, but I cant help feeling that if I hadnt been made to stop by this occurence something may have happened. A lot of other incidences have happened around me and in my house, which I do believe is my father, but I did not receive any other emails until 9th April 2012 which was the day of my mothers funeral, this was a link that simply had the word Corry on it. My mother was a soap opera fan and coronation street was her favourite, this is why im so concerned about the email, was it a spam and coincidence this time or has he sent another email to tell me shes with him. Sorry if this takes a long time to read but if you lose someone you will hold on to anything that may be attatched to them. So thanks again FS and any suggestions again will be appreciated. Kim

I have heard of people getting phone call and emails from deceased family members. Your father may be paying you a visit.

Welcome to UM.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

The only form of communication that I've heard of is people receiving phone calls, but all the phone calls that people have gotten only consisted of heavy static and faint voices from the other end. Me personally I've never experienced it myself but I must say it would creep me out to receive a phone call from the deceased.

And it could very well be your father letting you know that your mother is with him. But do keep those emails. Also keep note on the specific times you get them.

Kimpy, welcome to UM,

For me this is a first, it's a good concept and if anything else comes up I'm sure we'd like to hear about it, just keep posting and stuff... good stuff indeed.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, your Dad is telling you hello. : )

Experiences like these are amazing, because it's proof that we are eternal.

I think it's quite cute.

It may be possible he sent the e-mail before he died and it lagged in coming though, although by how it sounds, that's not the case.

I think that's quite amazing, I have to admit.

Have you tried sending a response?

• Like 1

Aren't there websites which allow people to type up emails and have them sent after they are deceased?

• Thanks 1

A month after my mom died in 1985, my grandmother received a letter from her that she had sent from Norway over twenty years ago. It's possible that she had received this letter twenty years ago and had just found it, but when she called us she swore that it had just arrived that day with the regular mail.

There are stories of misplaced bags of mail that were discovered in storage and sent on to their destinations so it's not impossible.

I've gotten an email and also an IM from a friend who died. It was quite unnerving. However, I came to the conclusion that the email account was somehow hacked, even though it had been shut down as well. I just don't know what else to think.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, This is my first post but hopefully someone my have had or know of a similar experience. My beloved father died January 2011 and about a month after he died I recieved an email from his account which had been closed down and the computer he used disconnected. I know for a fact that no other member of my family could have sent this email and as the email contained only a photo of my nephew in a car seat, I dont believe this as spam. When the email came through it appeared on my contact list and quite a few strange events followed afterwards. Any Ideas much appreciated.

This is my first post, too - I joined so I could ask you if you ever looked at the source document of the email to see what location it came from? It may or may not tell you anything, but since you said your father's email account was closed, I think it would be at least worth looking into. His computer being disconnected wouldn't necessarily matter, if there is anybody else in his home with a computer. But if you know for sure that his email account was canceled and nobody could access it from anywhere, it's at least worth a look.

This kind of thing fascinates me - I've always been interested in phone calls from the dead accounts, and now emails fascinate me, too...especially when they do seem to be trying to convey a message.

Hi Pebblebrook,

Ive searched everypiece of code I could find and it all looks exactly the same as his other emails. I havent recieved anymore since the one I wrote about that I recieved the morning of my mothers funeral which was March, so if it a hacker starnge how that was the date it was sent. Thanks for your question and its good to know that people are also searching for explanations.x

I don't know what type of email service he had. Web based addresses (gmail, hotmail, etc..) can be accessed anywhere. The fact that you said it was deactivated and the email contained a picture of a relative.. that is very strange.

I had a friend commit suicide years back and a mutual friend say his AIM account sign in one night later down the road and he about crapped his pants.

How many people bother to " close down " email accounts?

If I died, I doubt anyone would even think of doing that....My SBCGlobal account that I have not used or paid for is still available, and I canceled that service 3 years ago.

Hello I'm new here as well!

Anyhow this is really cool/spooky. I've received odd emails from people who couldn't have sent them as well. However, I've never had one from a deceased person. I doubt it's spam if it had a picture of your nephew. I mean that doesn't even fit into the definition of "spam". I actually recently read an article all about people who receive messages from "beyond the grave." It is absolutely fascinating to me. Anyhow if your interested I can try to send you a link to the article?

• 2 months later...

just thought i would say that i have a friend who lost her husband to suicide and has recieved more than one email from his account.The email she opened was trying to tell her that his medicine he was taking at the time was what ultimately helped him make his decision to take his own life... the other emails she got she left unopened either from fear or pain.. she just couldnt deal with it.

• 2 months later...

It's amazing how people recieve emails or phone calls from their deceased relatives. I havent had any of these things, but my mom has, not phone calls or emails, but in dreams (not sure if the same). But I was 18 during the time that I left to go live with my now husband, my uncle died (I didn't know him), and I think after days or weeks later, my mom had a dream with my uncle. My mom told me about it and she told me that it was kinda like she was talking to him face to face. I also had a sister that died in 2003 on her 21st birthday. My mom has also dreamed with her. I havent asked my mom if she has had recent dreams with my uncle or sister. But I guess dreams count too as your relatives communicating with you?

• 6 years later...

As crazy as this sounds I get regular emails from my friend on the other side. It’s usually a sentence but all backwards and no spaces between the words. It started a few years ago with just one word or one letter. I will ask a question and receive the answer in an email. I know it sounds absolutely wacko.  But it for sure does happen. I can’t explain it there’s no science behind it. But it exists.  I’m so curious to hear other people‘s experiences. 

• Like 1