Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan calendar - world doesn't end in 2012

Waspie_Dwarf

i think this find is fabricated. it sounds like there just trying to avoid mass histaria and global anarchy.

No, it was Jose Arguelles who started the bogus with his 2012 'predictions'.

No real Maya priest agrees with him, only those who want their 15 minutes of fame, and the money that comes along with it.

And, btw, the date, december 2012 is wrong anyway; the cycle is going to restart in 2220, not 2012.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2684&showentry=24067

Edited by Abramelin

The Fact is the Mayan and other old civilizations, were and still are much more advanced than we are now, so if they say or said the world's going to end in 2012, you better bet your sweet ass it's good riddens! Don't belive the positive hype, the uprise in UFO sightings has increased 10 fold in 2012, so many catastophes, new diseases etc. they have all increased, we have broken all time records this year alone with the weather too, oh my dear lord, Wake up and smell the bitter sweet stench of the end! Bub Bye!

Edited by Freshness

The Fact is the Mayan and other old civilizations, were and still are much more advanced than we are now, so if they say or said the world's going to end in 2012, you better bet your sweet ass it's good riddens! Don't belive the positive hype, the uprise in UFO sightings has increased 10 fold in 2012, so many catastophes, new diseases etc. they have all increased, we have broken all time records this year alone with the weather too, oh my dear lord, Wake up and smell the bitter sweet stench of the end! Bub Bye!

May the Aliens come in peace! Please let them be friendly and save our sorry stupid asses! We screwed up, big time, and now it's time to answer to the big guy!

A bit odd that they found this last year, but just now tell everyone....just saying! Besides it wasnt that the world will end....it is suppose to be a big change. The documentary that is to come out later this year is suppose to prove we are not alone once and for all!! The Maya said some God is suppose to return (alien perhaps) and the Hopi say the Star people are to return also. Perhaps the one thing that might actually get people to come together would be visitors from somewhere else!!!

"The Fact is..." and then you go way off.

What you state as facts is nothing more than fairy tales concocted by Von Däniken , Sitchin, Blavatsky, Cayce and so on. Oh, I almost forgot Arguelles.

Increased UFO sightings...lol. It's nothing but hype, and people infect eachother with it.

Edited by Abramelin

When the Mayan mean end of the world dose that mean only their world as they perceive it.?

i'm just saying it sounds a little strange that they "find" this clock right when people are more worried about the subject then ever. but if you want to believe what the goverment tell you then go ahead.......its not like the goverment has lied before.

I'm not sure which government you're talking about, but no governments are lying, or even mentioning this.

I think you might be putting too much weight into sensationalized TV programs and internet users instead of what an old civilization actually said (which can only be translated, and not truly understood 100% accurately).

People that believe that the Mayan's "predicted" the last day "end of the world" are have baked, flakes that have trouble understanding much if anything. In other words, you have to be an idiot to think anyone predicited such a thing.

I'll be sitting in front of my computer ready to post on this site at midnight, the next day, of the so called - end of the world just to say - nanner boo boo nanner it didn't happen.

Edited by kaptn k

Where do you get your information? You say "the fact is..." but what you are saying doesn't sound like "fact" to me. I have no doubt that ancient civilizations were advanced, but we don't know if they were more advanced than what we are today. We just don't know enough about them to know that. Also, the Mayans never said that the world was going to end in 2012, they just made a very elaborate calender that apparently ends in 2012 (although many people disagree on the date, some say that the end of the calender has already passed, others say that we have quite a few years left before the Mayan calender ends). It was some New-Age Hippie who said that the end of the Mayan calender meant the end of the world.

I think the whole Mayan calender and the world ending on 21/12/2012 is propaganda anyway. One thing that comes to mind every time I hear about the Mayan calender is "Project Bluebeam" -I'm a little skeptical of Project Bluebeam (I was at first, anyway) but this whole Mayan calender thing seems to fit right in.

Basically, make the world go into a panic thinking that the world is going to end and it will be much easier to bring in a New World Order. Make the public think that we are all going to die on a certain date, then the government comes along and "saves us" and we are forever grateful and willing to give up our rights and freedoms so they can continue "protecting us."

So much hype has built up around the year 2012, that it wont take much to make people believe that the world is ending. The idea has been implanted in our heads. For those who believe in the whole Mayan calender thing, well they are expecting the world to end this year so they will be looking at any event as the beginning of the end. As for those who are skeptical, well the idea is still implanted in their head. All it would take to make them believers is some significant world event, a major natural disaster or a fake UFO invasion and they will start doubting their original beliefs.

All we need is another false flag terrorist attack, or possibly even a staged UFO attack. It wouldn't be hard to do, holograms are looking pretty good these days. I also wonder about the capabilities of H.A.A.R.P and whether that can be used for weather modification or to cause earthquakes.

I'm keeping my eye out for the London Olympics.

Anyways, The Powers That Be want the world to panic. That way it would be much easier for them to bring in a New World Order if we are all in a state of panic and desperate for help. The Powers That Be aren't going to cover anything up in order to keep us calm, they want us to freak out, start rioting and causing trouble so they can bring in martial law and a New World Order. This Mayan calender thing is the idea that has been implanted in our heads to help make that happen.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, but I strongly believe in it. I think that we are being manipulated with this whole Mayan calender thing and we shouldn't be paying any attention to it at all. I don't know about you, but I don't like being manipulated.

i cant wait for this date, i hope something happens like higher power beings showing up here

We already had the 26000-year cycle of zodiac overlap, and we're still here. Although there's different claims about when it'll really begin/end. Some say it ended in 1400's already and some say 3900's will be the century. If I red it right, it's a 5200-year cycle you're talking about. Or is it the 400-year cycle?

1 kin = 1 day

1 uinal = 20 kins = 20 days

1 tun = 18 uinals = 360 days

1 katun = 20 tuns = 7,200 days

1 baktun = 20 katuns = 144,000 days

The date 0.0.0.0.0 is equal to year 3113 B.C..

The date 13.0.0.0.0 is equal to year 2012 A.D..

I dont understand what's so dreadful about that 13, and especially why it should end there even if aztecs or mayans calendar doesn't continue after that date, because there's numbers from 1 to 20 for every 0 in 0.0.0.0.0 . Why dont you try panic when it's 20.20.20.20.20? Panicking on number 13 when it's in aztec or mayan calendar is a bit irrational, for it's us and chinese, not them, who use 12 as a core number in astrology from which this "prophecy" is derived. Their core number is 20.

well it could go eather way it could be goodbye or it could be a new start, im just hopeing its option two.

I saw this comment posted elsewhere, and I have to agree:

"But, if this is the OLDEST calendar material ever found, (The Abstract of the paper states: “These apparently represent early astronomical tables and may shed light on the later books.”) isn’t it possible that the discovery of the ending of the world came later? Something the Mayans came to understand after these calculations were made?"

I saw this comment posted elsewhere, and I have to agree:

"But, if this is the OLDEST calendar material ever found, (The Abstract of the paper states: "These apparently represent early astronomical tables and may shed light on the later books.") isn't it possible that the discovery of the ending of the world came later? Something the Mayans came to understand after these calculations were made?"

I see your point that it's not logical to go by the earliest recording someone makes as the most fitting. The opposite would be the best choice. But that's assuming mistakes were made, and changes were made later. They made other calenders later, but they were all different time framed calenders, right?

Here is an offer for the folks who believe that the world will end on schedule according to the Mayan calendars.

@ fatalcharm:

So much hype has built up around the year 2012, that it wont take much to make people believe that the world is ending. The idea has been implanted in our heads. For those who believe in the whole Mayan calender thing, well they are expecting the world to end this year so they will be looking at any event as the beginning of the end. As for those who are skeptical, well the idea is still implanted in their head. All it would take to make them believers is some significant world event, a major natural disaster or a fake UFO invasion and they will start doubting their original beliefs.

We will? When did that memo come out and why didn't I get a copy of it? I'm sorry but kaptn k has the right of it. There will only be people who wish the world had ended in one way or another and those who knew it wouldn't & for whom it'd just be "another day." Among the former will be those with massive hangovers from the EOTW parties or are in ERs dealing with ODs, both seriously disappointed that something earth shattering - physically or otherwise - didn't happen.

So, what will you be doing that Friday & Saturday?

I find it funny that ancient civilizations can or try to interpret / predict the future and psychic's claim to read the future etc; why the heck haven't any of them able to predict the winning lotto numbers??? Just saying! :innocent:

I find it funny that ancient civilizations can or try to interpret / predict the future and psychic's claim to read the future etc; why the heck haven't any of them able to predict the winning lotto numbers??? Just saying! :innocent:

Ecto... I think that's what's on most people's mind if they think about why predictions may work sometimes in some way. Lottery, as nice as it'd be to take it easy with the money stuff, what you get with that money is always made by something. In fact a whole lot of things. If you think all the things that it took to make a spoon for example: a metal industry mine with all it's companies, machinery companies to supply machines for all parts in the chain, as well as food companies with their farmers to supply workers with food... and I dont think anyone wants to keep drawing bad lottery tickets if you think of a hypothetical scenario where half of your paycheck was taken for some government lottery (as if it already wasn't the case). To put it simply, it's bad karma, and consider the amount of bad karma you get if you take so much...

Or maybe bad is not the right word. It's just the nature of karma to demand back what you've been given. I wouldn't want such a burden, the societal structure burdens us with enough karma as it is. If you believe in karma that is. Karma may be just the realisation of that chain and realisation of free will compared to something (societal structure for example) holding you. But whatever it is, I dont feel right about being in that chain, yet I choose to be there. And foretelling, as far as I've understood, is a very subjective art.

Edited by Mikko-kun

Ecto... I think that's what's on most people's mind if they think about why predictions may work sometimes in some way. Lottery, as nice as it'd be to take it easy with the money stuff, what you get with that money is always made by something. In fact a whole lot of things. If you think all the things that it took to make a spoon for example: a metal industry mine with all it's companies, machinery companies to supply machines for all parts in the chain, as well as food companies with their farmers to supply workers with food... and I dont think anyone wants to keep drawing bad lottery tickets if you think of a hypothetical scenario where half of your paycheck was taken for some government lottery (as if it already wasn't the case). To put it simply, it's bad karma, and consider the amount of bad karma you get if you take so much...

Or maybe bad is not the right word. It's just the nature of karma to demand back what you've been given. I wouldn't want such a burden, the societal structure burdens us with enough karma as it is. If you believe in karma that is. Karma may be just the realisation of that chain and realisation of free will compared to something (societal structure for example) holding you. But whatever it is, I dont feel right about being in that chain, yet I choose to be there. And foretelling, as far as I've understood, is a very subjective art.

I'm a firm believer in KARMA! Karma can be a b*tch! That's why sometimes its best not to get involved with those who dwell on nothing but negativity or dish out negativity. What you give is what you get in return. I was posting a sarcastic remark when I said why can't they predict the winning lotto numbers! :tu:

I'm a firm believer in KARMA! Karma can be a b*tch! That's why sometimes its best not to get involved with those who dwell on nothing but negativity or dish out negativity. What you give is what you get in return. I was posting a sarcastic remark when I said why can't they predict the winning lotto numbers! :tu:

karma doesnt work like, and it only affects you if your hindu.
  • Like 1

I wish they could be a little more precise on this calender thing. A lot rides on it. For instance I was hoping to save a fortune by not having to buy xmas gifts this year and getting totally rat a$$ed at the office party, telling the boss what I really think of him.

it's uncanny, such knowledge by the ancient Mayans. 21st December is just a great day in astronomy, when our sun will fall in the middle of our galaxy, something like an equator of the milky way.

However, what is expected is that with the great light of suntelian aion, it would appear as if the sun is rising in the west, not exactly a sunrise.

Yippeeeeee 24 hours of brightness !!!!!!

Some religious texts focus on doomsday as a way of ensuring compliance on the right path. And that such end will come on the day the sun rises in the west... Yawwwnnnnnn.

Let's just wait and see the marvelous changes that will come into the world we live in eh.

The implications of the Mayan calendar is that life as we know it, will end and there will come a new way of life, expected with the change on cosmic alignment.

Need i say it, companies like RayBan will boom.

It appears that that "great day" isn't that special at all.

Not according to astronomy that is.

Edited by Abramelin

I wish they could be a little more precise on this calender thing. A lot rides on it. For instance I was hoping to save a fortune by not having to buy xmas gifts this year and getting totally rat a$$ed at the office party, telling the boss what I really think of him.

Just do it.

Worst case scenario, you can just off him and take his wallet for gift buying. How can it go wrong?