Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oh my God, my beautiful babies.......

danbell06

Sad, sad story....

Father's desperate cries as he finds wife with their smothered children at £1.2m home they moved into 10 days ago

• Jeff Boots desperately tried to save his ten-week-old son and 14-month-old daughter Lily Skye
  • The children were pronounced dead at the scene when emergency services arrived at the semi-detached house in an affluent part of London
  • His wife, Felicia was arrested at the family home
  • Detectives are understood to be looking at the possibility that former hair stylist Mrs Boots is suffering from post-natal depression

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1uVqMFvJC

Edited by danbell06

Sad, sad story....

Father's desperate cries as he finds wife with their smothered children at £1.2m home they moved into 10 days ago

• Jeff Boots desperately tried to save his ten-week-old son and 14-month-old daughter Lily Skye
  • The children were pronounced dead at the scene when emergency services arrived at the semi-detached house in an affluent part of London
  • His wife, Felicia was arrested at the family home
  • Detectives are understood to be looking at the possibility that former hair stylist Mrs Boots is suffering from post-natal depression

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1uVqMFvJC

What a horrible, life destroying thing.

Too sad. Post-natal depression really needs more attention. For a temporary condition to have such far-reaching consequences, is just shocking.

Too sad. Post-natal depression really needs more attention. For a temporary condition to have such far-reaching consequences, is just shocking.

Post Natal depression is not insanity.

Emotions can be stong things. For instance an angry man can shoot another because he feels rage. He is still a murderer though as is the woman. Emotions do not stop someone understanding the consequences of their actions or being able to rationalize what they are doing.

In the same way as in the heat of the moment gets people a lessor sentence for murder so will post natal depression. She'll probably get 5-10 years or something.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Depressions, any kind, are a very severe mental condition. It is not insanity, right, but it can still lead to people not knowing what they are doing, or how they should deal with certain situations. While not being insane, they are not completely sane, either.

Depressions in general need to be taken more seriously by the public, and we should all have a greater awareness of such diseases, and help our suffering friends. It could hit you, too! From one day to the other.

• Like 2

Depressions, any kind, are a very severe mental condition. It is not insanity, right, but it can still lead to people not knowing what they are doing, or how they should deal with certain situations. While not being insane, they are not completely sane, either.

Depressions in general need to be taken more seriously by the public, and we should all have a greater awareness of such diseases, and help our suffering friends. It could hit you, too! From one day to the other.

Some people out there are gone in the head.

Lots of them are unable to question their beliefs about the world because they are narrow minded. As a result negative perceptions can trap these people into depressed states of mind from which they cant find a way out.

Most of us dont have that problem and are not ruled by the darker, negative emotions. We find it easy to snap ourselves out of destructive states of mind and to not think negatively. As such most of us are incapable of suffering from depression.

In my country its a citizens responsibility to manage their own perceptions and if they cant it isnt grounds for an insanity plea. A negative emotion does not stop people being able to rationalise their actions or know they are breaking the law.

The darker emotions such as depression, anger, hate and jealously do not go down well with a judge or the medical community. She is going to prison for a long time.

How awful :(

I wonder if he'll ever be able to forgive his wife, in a way he's lost her as well. Even if they do diagnose her with post-natal depression, it won't bring his babies back and when his wife realises what she's done too I dread to think how she'll feel.

• Like 2

I heartily agree, if depression was a manageable illness for all there would be no suicides. I don't understand how some people can shrug off the condition as a "choice" of sorts and paint the sufferers as evil, this is not killing for pleasure as murderers do, it is a black hole from which logical thought cannot escape into action IMO.

Some people out there are gone in the head.

Lots of them are unable to question their beliefs about the world because they are narrow minded. As a result negative perceptions can trap these people into depressed states of mind from which they cant find a way out.

Most of us dont have that problem and are not ruled by the darker, negative emotions. We find it easy to snap ourselves out of destructive states of mind and to not think negatively. As such most of us are incapable of suffering from depression.

In my country its a citizens responsibility to manage their own perceptions and if they cant it isnt grounds for an insanity plea. A negative emotion does not stop people being able to rationalise their actions or know they are breaking the law.

The darker emotions such as depression, anger, hate and jealously do not go down well with a judge or the medical community. She is going to prison for a long time.

I do not think your country as you understand it has a particularly evolved understanding of the intricacies of the human condition and how mental illness can manifest. I understand a firm hand in justice is useful but to fail to explore the causes of such deep depression is to fail our fellow man.

These conditions are not the result of a wish to kill within a person (such as with serial killers) but rather a sense of utterly despairing that life could ever offer anything other than further suffering which the afflicted cannot see how they can cope with.

Again, I feel the need to remind people that if these darkest emotions were capable of being dismissed by logic, there would be no suicides or any of these terrible instances occurring in the first instance - we need to look deeper and learn more about what happens psychologically to those that are afflicted with this type of deep depressive state.

• Like 1

And five young kids have been murdered in Derby when somebody set fire to their house in the early hours of the morning.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

I cannot speak for any country outside the USA but

Imo, we are losing what seems to be an escalating war. People are greatly misinformed if they think there is help around every corner for someone suffering with mental illness or for their caregivers.

We need

Police and social workers and teachers and judges who are better educated on mental illness

Mental illness awareness in full swing in the public domain and schools

Making getting help an act of courage not an act of shame

For those with mental issues who can’t or won’t seek help we need options for their worn-out caregivers

Therapy cost and long term in hospital treatment cost that isn’t financially prohibitive and not covered by insurance.

And that's just for starters

We seem to have to continuously be slowly clawing our way out of religious oppression and blindness and bigotry. But we will get there one day!

Update -

Felicia Boots, the mother accused of killing her two children, will be transferred to a psychiatric hospital under the Mental Health Act.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9266858/Mother-accused-of-killing-babies-to-be-held-at-psychiatric-hospital.html

this is desperately sad. my mum knew a woman who smothered her baby, turns out she was suffering from post natal depression. she's in a psychiatric hospital now :(

this is desperately sad. my mum knew a woman who smothered her baby, turns out she was suffering from post natal depression. she's in a psychiatric hospital now :(

If she was only suffering from post natal depression she would not need to be in a psychiatric hospital ....... she must have other problems too.

When you say 'temporary' .......... did you know that PND can last for many years if left untreated? Even if it appears cured after treatment it can re-occur.

Update -

Felicia Boots, the mother accused of killing her two children, will be transferred to a psychiatric hospital under the Mental Health Act.

http://www.telegraph...c-hospital.html

Sounds like the US. You've got to commit a heinous act before you get noticed, believed, or help.

For a mother to kill her children in this manner she must have had a serious mental disorder, call it what you will.