Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[New] Spell Checker Available

Saru

The forum spell checker is now available to use when writing posts or sending private messages. To use it, simply write out your post and then click the 'Spell Check' button underneath. A window will pop up, and the checker will go through your post and point out spelling errors, offering alternatives and the option to correct each misspelt word it finds.

The 'Learn' button will add a word to your own personal list of remembered words, which will be stored on a cookie in your browser. This means that words you use a lot that the checker does not recognise will be stored so that they don't come up as misspelt every time you check a post's spelling.

There are also options to look up a word in an on-line dictionary and thesaurus service if you are not sure what they mean.

Let me know if you come across any problems. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Novo

• AztecInca

• PolkaTulk

Top Posters In This Topic

At last, salvation is at hand for those times when Talon writes out those angry, jumbled up posts tongue.gif

oh wow, does that mean no more goofed up Snowy-typos??

YEY @ "No misspellings found" w00t.gif

LoL! Most of us need this and its a welcome add on, lets hope that people actually use it as well!

I noticed that to day!!!!!!!

Thank you....

Drats..now I have to change my signature

Anyone going to put in a DONT USE CAPS ALL THE TIME....hahahahaha

not Pushing spell check now.

Good call SaRuMaN,

I can't stand net-speak, just out of curiosity is it an American-English spell checker or an English-English one?

As far as I know it includes both American-English and British-English spellings of most words.

Good stuff, glad it's there.

Last time i checked 'i'm' was a word though, or was i making spelling mistakes all through high school? ph34r.gif

Hehe, word correction for 'I'm' is 'iamb'.

grin2.gif Burns, that happened to me. I just turned the d*** thing off and probably will not look back.

• 2 weeks later...