Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hearing Strange Noises at Night

Inbetween Worlds

Hi all,this is my first post on this forum. I need some guidance as to what to do about a little problem I have...

For the past 6 months or so,whenever I start to fall asleep and drift off,my conciousness changes and I hear a really strange creaking sound coming from the corner of the room.It almost sounds like the plastic case of the television is creaking(I have an old crt Television in the corner of my room),but it doesn't seem to be coming from the television...

At one point I was also getting a really loud sound just behind me,this only happened a few times but it was freaking me out so much so that I left my phone's dictaphone on record throughout the night and actually managed to record the sound,which seems to prove that it's not all just in my mind....(the sound is like the rustling of pages of a book,followed by a loud sharp thud)...

Also,for about the past year or so I seem to be having some sort of hypnogogic hallucination. When I lay in bed it feels like the Duvet is slowing clinging to my skin (it's not just the Duvet naturally settling either)...I've had some other really weird experiences over the years...I'll post some of my other experiences at a later date

If someone could please maybe let me know what may be causing this I would much appreciate it....

Edited by Inbetween Worlds

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Inbetween Worlds

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,this is my first post on this forum. I need some guidance as to what to do about a little problem I have...

For the past 6 months or so,whenever I start to fall asleep and drift off,my conciousness changes and I hear a really strange creaking sound coming from the corner of the room.It almost sounds like the plastic case of the television is creaking(I have an old crt Television in the corner of my room),but it doesn't seem to be coming from the television...

At one point I was also getting a really loud sound just behind me,this only happened a few times but it was freaking me out so much so that I left my phone's dictaphone on record throughout the night and actually managed to record the sound,which seems to prove that it's not all just in my mind....(the sound is like the rustling of pages of a book,followed by a loud sharp thud)...

Also,for about the past year or so I seem to be having some sort of hypnogogic hallucination. When I lay in bed it feels like the Duvet is slowing clinging to my skin (it's not just the Duvet naturally settling either)...I've had some other really weird experiences over the years...I'll post some of my other experiences at a later date

If someone could please maybe let me know what may be causing this I would much appreciate it....

Hi..yes. Most of what you are experiencing has happened to me in one form or another. I have never been able to quite pinpoint the why.My personal belief is that as these things start to happen and you start to pay more and more attention to them you start to become more and more aware and move toward more awakening experiences.

My standard advice is to begin an altered state practice and start to investigate and take control of your In between states. You will be surprised how much you will learn.