Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog pressed panic alarm after owner

Still Waters

A dog saved his owner after pressing the panic alarm to summon help when his owner collapsed.

Disabled Victoria Shaw, 58, had trained Louis, her Yorkshire terrier, to call for assistance.

"He's just a pet but I've been training him to hit the button just in case," said Mrs Shaw, from Wrexham, north Wales,

"But it's always been just a bit of a game. This is the first time he's done it for real."

"I had been in the shower and I was just coming out when my slipper got caught under the rug and I tripped.

"I hit my back and my shoulder and felt my leg going underneath me and heard a crack - I thought I'd broken my knee, but I hadn't.

http://www.telegraph...the-shower.html

Good dog :)

Ok, I know the little guy is smart, but that photo with his tongue hanging out makes him look anything but smart! Wonderful that he was able to saves his human...very good doggie.

• Like 1

I LOVE stories like this!! And I love Yorkies. I'm going to have one when I retire!

Bless him!

That's great! I also had an experience where I hurt my back( not bad) at home and was crawling around my living room floor in pain, and my little wiener dog was following me around as if distressed about me and would not leave my side until I got better and able to stand up.

Meh.. it was probably the dog that tripped her. Just for a laugh.

Ok, I know the little guy is smart, but that photo with his tongue hanging out makes him look anything but smart! Wonderful that he was able to saves his human...very good doggie.

Exactly what I thought, that photo is...something else. Cute story though. :)

My dogs will probably be the ones who kill me trying to get to their food bowls or out the door.

And I don't have a panic alarm.

I'll trip and they'll just sit there and look at me and lick me.

Edited by coldethyl

Yeah we all praise him now but wait till he remembers that pressing that button brings extra humans to pet and praise him "Oh, those 2 men were good patters, I want them to pat me again I'll just press this button ..." :w00t:

That dog deserves a nice big bone from the butcher for that! There is nothing funnier than seeing a tiny dog try to carry around a huge beef bone.

That's great! I also had an experience where I hurt my back( not bad) at home and was crawling around my living room floor in pain, and my little wiener dog was following me around as if distressed about me and would not leave my side until I got better and able to stand up.

I've got a mini dachshund and he acts so concerned when I am sick. Sticks right by my side. They are great dogs for sure. :tu:

when I passed out at home many years ago, it was my lab licking my face that woke me up. Sadly he is no longer with me but I'm sure he isn't far away even though I can't see him

Makes me miss my Lab.

hmmmm the dog just happened to step on the button accidentally. not only that naturally the dog is going to be worried..."damn who the hell is going to feed me now?!!"

I love dogs :) So smart

My sweet dog diagnosed my Galucoma! She sits on my chest when I lay down and this particular week she was unusually interested in my eyes- she would get up real close, sniff at them then stare at me with a mad concerned look. She did this for a week, then she started to scratch near it as well as if she was trying to figure out what was wrong. She ended up scratching my eyeball & I had to go to the eye Dr. where he told me I had Glaucoma & my pressure was so high that I could go instantly blind at any moment! Thankfully my dog knew something was wrong or I never would have been diagnosed in time to save my sight! She is very closely bonded with me- I wasn't planning on keeping her when she was born but she "picked me" she wanted to be near me more than she wanted her mammas milk or treats or anything else, so I kept her cuz she wubbed me so much.