Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Speak for yourself. Puzzler and I see it.

You must be the only one who does not get it.

BUKJA is diminutive from BUK.

ONW (Oudnederlands Woordenboek, Olddutch dictionary):

http://gtb.inl.nl/iW...&lemmodern=buik

būk - Modern lemma: buik

Moederschoot, baarmoeder, buik => (mothers-) womb, uterus, belly

MNW (Middelnederlands Woordenboek, Middledutch dictionary):

http://gtb.inl.nl/iW...&lemmodern=buik

BUUC - Varianten: buyc, buke, buc - Modern lemma: buik

Buik, in onze bet., in 't mnl. ook balch geheeten; ook in die van moederlijf => can mean mothers body

Conlusion: BUKJA for young woman is plausible, as it already was from the context.

It's not that I don't get it, it's just that I don't agree with the etymology at all.Btw, I am again using my neighbour's computer (yes, still no gas/electricity, sigh...), but because I can now only spend my time at home reading, I discovered some mistakes in Alewyn's book I never noticed before (or maybe it was the candlelight, lol). Nothing dramatic, but since this thread started with Alewyn's book about the OLB, I thought it would be good to post some errors. It's of course also possible he already corrected those errors in the second edition of his book.

http://www.volcanodi...canic-area.html

All about volcanoes in Germany (Twiskland), and there are pictures of the eruptions.

We might not know for sure if one of these is accountable for the description in the OLB but I don't really see why not.

Germany isn´t well know as a country with one of the youngest volcanic areas in middle Europe. In the Eifel region there are hundreds of former eruption centers with lava domes, calderas and cinder cones. There are the famouns Maare in western Eifel and probably one of the youngest and still dormant volcanoes: The caldera of Laacher See eruption 13000 years ago. There are still active mofetta at the adge of the lake that show that there is till an active magma chamber bewlow the Laacher See lake crater and a much bigger at below the Eifel region (see "Eifek Magma plume").

http://www.volcanodi...om/germany.html

I have written quite a bit about the Laacher See volcano in the Doggerland thread, but the last (major or any) eruption took place 12,900 years ago. I don't think it has any relevance for the OLB story.

I have written quite a bit about the Laacher See volcano in the Doggerland thread, but the last (major or any) eruption took place 12,900 years ago. I don't think it has any relevance for the OLB story.

There's more than the Laacher See volcano and I know we discussed some areas of Germany but to me, with a major volcanic field there, it could easily have been possible that small eruptions or even just magma spills could have taken place at that time. It doesn't have to be a super volcano or anything but volcanic action imo sounds plausible so I don't think it (no volcanoes in Germany) can be used as something AGAINST the authenticity of the story.

If they can miss one from only 200 years ago...............

A "FIRE-SPITTING" volcano in the heart of Germany may force scientists to revise the European geological map, it is claimed.

Until now geologists thought the most recent volcanic activity in Germany had occurred about 11,000 years ago.

But John Grattan, David Gilbertson and Andreas Dill of the Institute of Earth Studies at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, have discovered a report, which appears to suggest a much more recent volcanic eruption.

The report, dated 1783, describes "terrible frightening thumps resembling explosions from cannons" and "the Gleichberg (volcano) opening up below thick sulphur clouds". It also describes how terrified inhabitants fled, while special church services were held amid the "terrible rumbling and roaring".

Now geologists are hoping to visit the region, in the former East Germany, in search of geological evidence to support claims that the Gleichberg erupted.

Bill McGuire, professor of geohazards at University College London, said: "If this is true, it would be amazing. The most recent volcanic activity in Germany was hot-spot related and was thought to have been more than 10,000 years ago.

"But an eruption in 1783 suggests it may very well still be hot down there. It could be fairly worrying for the Germans."

He added that 1783 saw the eruption of the Laki volcano in Iceland, which caused climatic abnormalities over Europe and America.

"People may have been confused," he said. "We need to go over there and look around. If there was an eruption 200 years ago, the material and ashes would be enormously different from what you would find if the volcano erupted 10,000 years ago."

Professor McGuire, who will be director of the new Greig Fester Centre for Hazard Research at UCL, said the description was quite convincing. He added that the reference to the mountain "as a barometer substitute" whose "periods of smoking always announce subsequent rainfall" was consistent with areas with hot ground surface temperatures.

"It sounds as if what is being described there is water vapour coming out of the ground," he said. "When it's cold and damp the water vapour stands out because it condenses more effectively. In the warm, it doesn't condense and therefore the mountain doesn't seem to be steaming."

http://www.timeshigh.../100954.article

Maybe we'll soon find out about more recent activity, if they do investigate the area some more.

Edited by The Puzzler

Hi Puzzler,

Interesting point of view, certainly related to the account of eruptions also in Twiskland (How the bad time).

What strikes me in this is the account of the 'dry fog' being described as a 'prelude', also of the the 1783 eruptions (I read that somewhere while searching the topic).

Another point: also in these accounts: one is speaking of different eruptions in Europe during that time (similar as OLB narrates).

In Finda's land there were also eruptions says OLB: what now should be that Finda's land? Italy? North of Europe? East of Europe? South of Europ? Somewhere else?

Thnx for mentionning, gonna look some more.

Hoge Venen is right near the Eifel region (Heuvel region :-), so also not that strange in relation with OLB mentionning the different areas involved as 'Frya's' regions.

I think I have an idea of Abe's reasoning -> composers of OLB were imaybe nspired by this sort of reports :-) Could be also.

Do you have more info of 'the report'? Cuz seems to me that it's not part of the group of accounts long known/well known/taken seriously, otherwise the common idea of last eruptions in Middle/West Europe around 10000 BC should not be rooted that deep in common view.

• Like 2

Hi Puzzler,

Interesting point of view, certainly related to the account of eruptions also in Twiskland (How the bad time).

What strikes me in this is the account of the 'dry fog' being described as a 'prelude', also of the the 1783 eruptions (I read that somewhere while searching the topic).

Another point: also in these accounts: one is speaking of different eruptions in Europe during that time (similar as OLB narrates).

In Finda's land there were also eruptions says OLB: what now should be that Finda's land? Italy? North of Europe? East of Europe? South of Europ? Somewhere else?

Thnx for mentionning, gonna look some more.

Hoge Venen is right near the Eifel region (Heuvel region :-), so also not that strange in relation with OLB mentionning the different areas involved as 'Frya's' regions.

I think I have an idea of Abe's reasoning -> composers of OLB were imaybe nspired by this sort of reports :-) Could be also.

Do you have more info of 'the report'? Cuz seems to me that it's not part of the group of accounts long known/well known/taken seriously, otherwise the common idea of last eruptions in Middle/West Europe around 10000 BC should not be rooted that deep in common view.

Hi Van Gorp,

thanks for taking the time to look into this further.

This Laki eruption was a major catastrophe by the sounds of it, read this all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1783_eruption_of_Laki#1783_eruption

The Laki eruption and its aftermath caused a drop in global temperatures, as sulfur dioxide was spewed into the Northern Hemisphere. This caused crop failures in Europe and may have caused droughts in India. The eruption has been estimated to have killed over six million people globally,[5] making the eruption the deadliest in historical times.

Seems that the account describes it, except the ' report' states the mountain's name "the Gleichberg (volcano) opening up below thick sulphur clouds".

Could be the German volcanic fields became unstable too at the same time, from subterranean pressure or such...

• Like 1

Bit more on Kaali from a site called "Suomi Nousee - Pakaret Tulevat

An iron meteorite fell and caused a crater called Lake Kaali around 500 BCE , it is reported by the classical proto-scientist and traveller Pytheas of Massilia,who visited the area ,and reported the Aestii (Estonians ) showed him the grave of the sun, or where the sun fell asleep ( Helios Komatai )

He visited in the 3rfd Century BCE and wrote about it in his travelogue , which can now only be shown , by later commentators of his works , which are thought to have been destroyed out of existance by later christian priests .

This cosmic catastrophe had a huge influence on the area , and the myths of the people who inhabited the Baltic, for example the Kalevala verses talking about

" a fiery Island , in a fiery lake , and a fiery Eagle " are all thought to relate to the Kaali event , likewise German writing called " Goetterdaemmerung " is said to talk about a twi-light time of the gods , and describes what is thought to be the post meteorite conditions , and the choking clouds of dust.

Kaali crater became a sacred centre, so it was encircled by a stone wall , topped by a wooden fortress , which had 5 towers , which is said to have been protection for the Smithies that set up shop some time after the explosion ........they are said to have built blast furnaces in the immediate area , and collected the vast quantities of pig-iron that had been strewn over the area in droplets when the core of the meteor was vaporised in the explosion on impact ..

all this pig-iron was seen as a gift from the gods , and greatly increased the wealth of the area , together with the iron , there were also large areas of forest which had been turned to ash in the immediate vicinity , and this source of carbon , and a newly discovered technique called "damasking " which was the art of rolling and folding the steel , dipping in water ( mixed with the venom of snakes according to some reports ) had the effect of not only making much stronger swords and spears , but also the folding technique produced beautiful patterns on the finished polished article , making them highly sought after , and subsequently highly expensive .

The link says that there is an old Russian monogram about the qualities of the ancient Baltic art of "Damasking" knowledge of a technique which soon spread to both Finland and Sweden, but it does not name the monogram .

nice find on the Laki fissure Puz

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Interesting wiki on Damascene Steel,,,,,,,,apparently now they think the steel blades may have been made in Damascus .... the steel coming from India , .........but the above says it came from a meteor at Kaali which is the reason it is so pure , so poss more likely because the pattern looked like Damask material ?

http://en.wikipedia....Damascene_steel

they say the art of making it with so few impurities and nano tubes was lost around 1750 , either the iron from the meteor ran out , or the christian persecutions of pagan norse wiped the secret out ?............or they are not including the Snake Venom :tu:

Edited by NO-ID-EA
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

All interesting posts, i was bit more looking into 1783 occurences and see for similarities of what is described in OLB.

If so, accounts of OLB can be of earlier and/or similar origin.

In this search, most striking for me is the dry fog during summer of 1783 coming from Iceland eruptions, hot dry foggy summer, harsh winter.

A work in Dutch on the subject is this www.meteo.be/meteo/download/de/4224607/pdf/rmi_scpub-1380.pdf

Now, OLB Sandbach in English talks about a wet sail. Different thing on first view.

"During the whole summer the sun had been hid behind the clouds, as if unwilling to look upon the earth. There was perpetual calm, and the damp mist hung like a wet sail over the houses and the marshes."

"Hêl thene sümer was svnne aeftere wolkum skolen, as wilde hja irtha navt ne sja. Wind reston in sina bûdar, werthrvch rêk aend stom lik sêla boppa hus aend polon stand".

My opinion: I'm not sure if OLB original should be translated with 'wet' sail. I can't any reference to wet.

For the rest some remarkable similarities:

- summer fog

- earthquakes/eruptions all over Europe in that year

- new lands were lift high (see for 1783 in Iceland the account in the pdf, also in Azoren)

Could it be that OLB is also talking about a dry fog -> hence coming from an earlier eruption like the one in Iceland in 1783?

"rêk aend stom" could then be the smoke of the eruption making the dry fog.

• Like 1

There was perpetual calm,

and the damp mist hung like a wet sail over the houses and the marshes."

Wind reston in sina bûdar,

werthrvch rêk aend stom lik sêla boppa hus aend polon stand".

As for the meteorological aspects of your posts, I have nothing to say, but the translation should be imo:

Wind rested in its 'pockets'(?),

causing smoke/ smell (rook/ reuk) and steam to stand above house and pools like pillars (zuilen).

Edited by gestur

As for the meteorological aspects of your posts, I have nothing to say, but the translation should be imo:

Wind rested in its 'pockets'(?),

causing smoke/ smell (rook/ reuk) and steam to stand above house and pools like pillars (zuilen).

Ok, sêla as zuilen (pilars) seems plausible in the context. What about the source of the smoke then?

In that sense do you identify the clouds which hide the sun with the same smoke pilars or 2 different 'clouds'?

I tend to think that sun was not seen because of the smoke mentionned, and that the smoke/stillness was there before any earthquakes or other (vulcanic) activity in the near neighbourhood.

What about the source of the smoke then?

I'd say that every household would have kept a central fire burning (hearth, haard, hart) for warmth, light and cooking.

In that sense do you identify the clouds which hide the sun with the same smoke pilars or 2 different 'clouds'?

No, the people will not have made that much fire. I suppose it will have been from volcanoes (dust?).

If I remember correctly, Alewyn wrote much about this and he, being a geologist originally, is more knowledgable on the subject than me.

De betsjutnis fan Tsjut's namme

(the meaning of Thoth's name)

They go on to discuss what is good or bad in writing. Socrates tells a brief legend, critically commenting on the gift of writing from the Egyptian god Theuth to King Thamus, who was to disperse Theuth's gifts to the people of Egypt. After Theuth remarks on his discovery of writing as a remedy for the memory, Thamus responds that its true effects are likely to be the opposite; it is a remedy for reminding, not remembering, he says, with the appearance but not the reality of wisdom. Future generations will hear much without being properly taught, and will appear wise but not be so, making them difficult to get along with. wikipedia/Phaedrus_dialogue

Thoth.jpg

etymology

The Egyptian pronunciation of ḏḥwty is not fully known, but may be reconstructed as *ḏiḥautī, based on the Ancient Greek borrowing Θώθ Thōth or Theut and the fact that it evolved into Sahidic Coptic variously as Thoout, Thōth, Thoot, Thaut as well as Bohairic Coptic Thōout. wikipedia/Thoth

deuten (german) = duiden (dutch) = point, indicate, denote

bedeuten (g) = beduiden (d) = mean, sigify

Deutsch/ Duits, Dutch/ Diets (languages)

[013/18] Tex Frya's

THÀN SKILUN J HJA HJRA DVMHÉD BITJVTHA

[O+S p.23]

dan zult gij haar hare dwaasheid beduiden

explain to her her folly

[101/27] Andere deel Formleer

THISSA SÉKA MOTON KLÁR ÀND BÁR MÁKAD WRDA BY ALLE WISA.

SÁ HÀT HJAT ANOTHERA BITHJUTA ÀND BIWISA MÜGE

[O+S p.141]

Deze zaken moeten klaar en openbaar gemaakt worden op alle wijzen,

zoodat zij het aan anderen mogen beduiden en bewijzen.

These things must be made clear and manifest in every way,

so that they can be made clear and comprehensible to all.

[104/32] Taal en antwoord

BIFVNDEN HÀVANDE HO SÉR THET DVATH VMB.ALLÉNA TO TOBBANDE

ALSA BITHJUDE HIU HIRA BERN HO AND HWÉRVMBE HJU ALSA HÉDE DÉN

[O+S p.145]

Bevonden hebbende hoe zeer het doet, om alleen te tobben,

zoo beduidde zij hare kinderen, hoe en waarom zij zoo gedaan had.

Having found how hard it is to toil alone,

she showed her children how and why she had done it.

~ ~ ~

Conclusion: Thoth's name can be explained through the Fryan language.

And Diotima is THJUDEMÀM; duidemoeder (zieneres) of volksma...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-TsbrdhsEQ

Edited by gestur

Conclusion: Thoth's name can be explained through the Fryan language.

Yes, it does seem to. Like everyone's else's - that is one of things that most makes me believe this whole thing quite frankly.

Point, dot .... yod, od

As Odin first gave writing to his people, co-incidence?

Zeus is the Greek continuation of *Di̯ēus, the name of the Proto-Indo-European god of the daytime sky, also called *Dyeus ph2tēr ("Sky Father").[8] The god is known under this name in the Rigveda (Vedic Sanskrit Dyaus/Dyaus Pita), Latin (compare Jupiter, from Iuppiter, deriving from the Proto-Indo-European vocative *dyeu-ph2tēr[9]), deriving from the root *dyeu- ("to shine", and in its many derivatives, "sky, heaven, god").[8] Zeus is the only deity in the Olympic pantheon whose name has such a transparent Indo-European etymology.[10]

The earliest attested forms of the name are the Mycenaean Greek di-we and di-wo, written in Linear b syllabic script

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus

Reading that, it seems to have a lots of Proto words thrown into the mix to explain the name away.

First he's a Proto-European God of the DAYTIME sky. That in itself is the answer imo.

They make this up; from a PROTO root dyeu - to shine - sky, heaven, God

Wouldn't it really be obviously DAY that this root is and means day, as in bright, sunny, sky - then Heaven, God - because he lived there, is up there, is the sky etc

dei 70 und häufiger, dî, afries., st. M. (a): nhd. Tag, Festtag, Lebenstag, Frist; ne. day, feast (N.), period; ÜG.: lat. diēs W 1, L 6, L 12, L 13, L 17, Pfs (17, 19), AB (88, 2); Vw.: s. Aegidius-, apo-stol-, bed-el-, Be-ne-di-c-t-us-, Bonifatius-, dō-m-es-, fest-el-, fīr-el-, frī-a-, jē-r-es-, Johannis-, kriō-z-es-, Liodger-es-, māi-a-, Maria-, merk-ad-, Michahel-es-, mi-d-, mō-n-a-n-, *ni-jē-r-is, Nikolai-, pa-t-r-ōn-is, Pēder-es-, pen-d-el-, pink-ost-r-a-, riuch-t-, sā-t-er-, sum-ur-es-, sun-n-ēvend-, sun-n-a-n-, tī-e-s-, twe-lef-ta-, thun-r-es-, Urbanus-, Walde-burge-, warf-, werk-el-, wer-n-is-, *wī-inge-, *Wit-es-, ze-r-k-miss-e, ze-r-k-wī-inge-, -fer-d, -liāch-t-ene, -mē-th, -stik, -thing, -thing-ia, -werk; Hw.: s. al-l-er-a-deik-es, al-l-er-a-dei-stik, hiū-deg-a, deg-e-lik; vgl. got. dags, an. dagr, ae. dæg, anfrk. dag, as. dag, ahd. tag; Q.: R, B, W, E, S, H, W 1, L 6, L 12, L 13, L 17, Pfs (17, 19), AB (88, 2); E.: germ. *daga-, *dagaz, st. M. (a), Tag, d-Rune; s. idg. *dʰegᵘ̯ʰ-, V., brennen, Pokorny 240; vgl. idg. *ā̆g̑ʰer-, *ā̆g̑ʰes-, Sb., Tag, Pokorny 7; W.: nfries. dey; W.: saterl. daj; W.: nnordfries. dai, dei; R.: di-s, dei-s, afries., Adv.: nhd. am Tage, tags; ne. at day; L.: Hh 14b, Rh 624a, Rh 685b

dêia (1), dê-ia, afries., sw. V. (2): Vw.: s. dâ-ia

dêia (2), dê-ia, afries., sw. V. (2): Vw.: s. dê-d-a

Edited by The Puzzler

tit and tot would also be in the Thoth category. Meaning basically, a small spot/dot.

I know the OLB says Wralda but how funny that I just noticed this:

walda 11, wal-d-a, afries., sw. V. (1): nhd. walten, Gewalt haben, herrschen, bestimmen, sorgen für; ne. be authorized, rule (V.), care (V.); Q.: B, E, R, H, W; E.: s. germ. *waldan, st. V., walten, herrschen; s. idg. *u̯aldʰ-, *u̯ald-, V., stark sein (V.), vermögen, herrschen, Pokorny 1111; vgl. idg. *u̯al-, V., stark sein (V.), Pokorny 1111; L.: Hh 123a, Rh 1123a

Zeus doesn't really come across as some kind of nice sunny God though, especially since he usually has a thunderbolt and represents storms and lightening, maybe a bad day - the God who comes and messes up the nice time, throws some thunder at you if you misbehave...maybe a flood and wipe out mankind if you're really naughty, or make too much noise.

Thinking of the Mycenaean word, the actual first attested version of Zeus - it's di-we

wê 1 und häufiger, afries., st. N. (wa): nhd. Weh; ne. woe (N.); Hw.: vgl. an. vē (4), ae. wā (1), ahd. wē* (2); E.: germ. *waiwō-, *waiwōn, *waiwa-, *waiwan, Sb., Weh, Schmerz; s. idg. *u̯ai-, Interj., wehe, Pokorny 1110; R.: o wê, a wī, afries., Interj.: nhd. o weh; L.: Hh 125a, Hh 181

Now, that sounds more like Zeus.

day of woe

How ironic, I'm a Wednesday's child myself.

Edited by The Puzzler

Wralda - I don't nec. think it means old man - firstly the words would be wrong way around.

man old

So, what could it be?

How about true eternity?

owner of eternity

That every creature is a part of Wr-alda’s eternal being

Here's a whole Wiki page on eternity and it's connection to God: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternity or this one actually: http://en.wikipedia....od_and_eternity

So, it might be therefore a REALLY OBVIOUS name for Wralda considering he is eternal.

Wr-alda is all in all, for he is eternal and everlasting.

wēr* 12, afries., Adj.: nhd. wahr, wahrheitsgetreu, wirklich, gültig; ne. true, truthful; Vw.: s. -haf-t-e-lik, -haf-t-ich, -haf-t-ic-hê-d, -hê-d, -lik, -līk-man-n; Hw.: vgl. got. *wēreis, an. værr (2), ae. wǣr (3), as. hwār*, wār* (1), ahd. wār* (1); Q.: R, H, W, E, B; E.: germ. *wēra-, *wēraz, *wǣra-, *wǣraz, *wērja-, *wērjaz, *wǣrja-, *wǣrjaz, Adj., zuverlässig, wahr, freundlich; idg. *u̯erōs-, Adj., freundlich, vertrauenswert, wahr, Pokorny 1165; s. idg. *u̯er- (11), *u̯erə-, Sb., Freundlichkeit, Pokorny 1165; W.: nfries. wier, Adj., wahr, wirklich; W.: saterl. wer, Adj., wahr, wirklich; W.: nnordfries. wer, Adj., wahr, wirklich; L.: Hh 127b, Rh 1135b; R.: at wēr-a, afries., Adv.: nhd. fürwahr; ne. indeed, truly; L.: Hh 151b

wera (1) 1 und häufiger, wara (2), wer-a, war-a (2), afries., sw. M. (n): nhd. Besitzer; ne. owner; Hw.: s. *war-a (1); E.: s. germ. *warjan, sw. V., wehren, abhalten, schützen; idg. *u̯er- (5), V., schließen, decken, schützen, retten, wehren, abwehren, Pokorny 1160; L.: Hh 127b

*alder (1), *al-d-er, afries., Sb.: nhd. Alter (N.), Ewigkeit; ne. age (N.), eternity;

Anyway, enough lego-linguistics for me tonight.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

There's more than the Laacher See volcano and I know we discussed some areas of Germany but to me, with a major volcanic field there, it could easily have been possible that small eruptions or even just magma spills could have taken place at that time. It doesn't have to be a super volcano or anything but volcanic action imo sounds plausible so I don't think it (no volcanoes in Germany) can be used as something AGAINST the authenticity of the story.

But you brought it up, and all I tell you it has nothing to do with anything OLB.

Btw, because all I do is read read read (I have like 3000 books), I can tell you that I read in Overwijn's book about the OLB (1951, second edition) that during the construction of the "Afsluitdijk" (which created the IJsselmeer, the former Zuiderzee) they found a Phoenician amphora/vase of around 2000 BCE. That was in Wieringen (think "Waraburgh"). I think it was on page 36/7a of his book.

I assumed some of you might find that interesting.

was just looking up Ichthys in connection with something else , and noticed this on the same page

Ichthys - from Koine Greek for fish ........capitalised as "IXOYE" .......but note what shape the letters are given to make them all fit into the 8 sectioned circle........................... only other time i have seen this apart from OLB.

http://en.wikipedia....IchthysCrop.jpg

thought to be an early christian inscription with the Greek letters "IXOYE" carved into the marble of the ruins of the ancient Greek city of Ephesus in Turkey

Edited by NO-ID-EA
  • Like 1

But you brought it up, and all I tell you it has nothing to do with anything OLB.

Btw, because all I do is read read read (I have like 3000 books), I can tell you that I read in Overwijn's book about the OLB (1951, second edition) that during the construction of the "Afsluitdijk" (which created the IJsselmeer, the former Zuiderzee) they found a Phoenician amphora/vase of around 2000 BCE. That was in Wieringen (think "Waraburgh"). I think it was on page 36/7a of his book.

I assumed some of you might find that interesting.

I bought the whole volcanic areas of Germany up, not just the Lacher See was my point. Just because the Lacher has no evidence what about the other less inspected areas. All my point was.

That is interesting, Can this be verified anywhere else do you know? Did you try Googling this titbit of info?

The thing is also with this info - can the Phoenicians be verified as even being in existence in 2000BC? As in something identifiably Phoenician? This date seems too early to me.

Edited by The Puzzler

was just looking up Ichthys in connection with something else , and noticed this on the same page

Ichthys - from Koine Greek for fish ........capitalised as "IXOYE" .......but note what shape the letters are given to make them all fit into the 8 sectioned circle........................... only other time i have seen this apart from OLB.

http://en.wikipedia....IchthysCrop.jpg

thought to be an early christian inscription with the Greek letters "IXOYE" carved into the marble of the ruins of the ancient Greek city of Ephesus in Turkey

Yep, it looks somewhat like it but not that much imo. The wheel is 8 spoked, the OLB one is 6 spoked but an interesting observation nevertheless.

Re: Abe's Post about Phoenician Artifacts

That is interesting, Can this be verified anywhere else do you know? Did you try Googling this titbit of info?

The thing is also with this info - can the Phoenicians be verified as even being in existence in 2000BC? As in something identifiably Phoenician? This date seems too early to me.

You ever read this Puz . it seems L.A.Waddell does not have any problem with Phoenicians being about in the North West around that sort of time ,

http://www.jrbookson...ob/pob_toc.html

interesting stuff about Part-olon inscriptions in Scotland , and the Part-Olon being the same etymologically with Barat - alans , tries to explain origins of Picts and Scots ,and also some poss connections with Bharats , and King Bharat of India , and the Maha-Barata ........ Kuru's and Pandava's are descended through King Bharata , the ones involved in the Kurukshetra war ...............worth a read IMHO.

Although not mentioned by Waddell, i think it might also be worth saying that apart from the Capital S , SPartan s could also come from the same.. Part , Bart etymology ??

Good to hear from you Abe , hope you are getting yourself sorted out ...

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Remarkable:

One of the main themes in the OLB is that the Fryas (people or 'children' of Frya) were strictly forbidden to have slaves.

(Tex Fryas: never take another's freedom and never give up your own.)

Yet, on page 142 (Ottema & Sandbach, p.193), folkmother Gosa Makonta states (ca. 3rd century BCE):

FON THRJU WORDA SKILUN VSA AFTERKVMANDE AN HJARA LJUDA AND SLAVONA

THA BITHJUTNESSE LÉRA. HJA SEND. MÉNA LJAVDA . FRYHÉD AND RJUCHT.

English:

Of three words our descendants shall teach their people and slaves

the meaning: they are universal love, freedom, and justice (right).

Dutch:

Van drie woorden zullen onze nakomelingen aan hun lieden en slaven

de betekenis leren. Zij zijn algemene liefde, vrijheid en recht.

• Like 1