Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

I know, I speak French, lol, or at least I'm semi-literate

I suppose it makes some sense. I mean, it's obviously a fake and this is an indication thereof, but since the Fryans settled Rome, that is, Spacious, why not have some Fryan word slip in as FAllaxes?

If it was a fake, why didn't they just used the word 'Fot' for 'Fout'?

• Like 1

In the following quotes, Heinrich Himmler (1900-1945) referred to WR.ALDA, the supreme 'deity' of the OLB.

If indeed he (and though him the SS) was inspired by the OLB concept of a higher power, it would be understandable if established authorities rather have the OLB (a.k.a. 'Himmler's Bible') remain unknown to the general public.

(Original german fragments below, if available.)

1 From website, source and date unknown:

"Who observes and understands the process of selection in nature, is at the core a believer (in a higher power). He is a believer, because he knows there is an endlessly wise sovereignty above us. The ancient Germans had a beautiful expression for that: Waralda; the most ancient."

2 From website, source and date unknown:

"Atheism is the only world, or religious view that is not tolerated within the SS [...] I have not tolerated an atheist in the ranks of the SS. Every member has a deep faith in God, in what my ancestors called in their language Waralda, the ancient one, the one who is mightier than we are."

3 In speech at funeral of Heydrich (9 june 1942):

"Today at Heydrich's funeral I intentionally expressed in my oration from my deepest conviction a belief in God, a belief in fate, in the ancient one as I called him - that is the old Germanic word: Wralda."

Longer fragment here

4 In speech to senior naval officers (1943):

"... above us is an infinite wisdom. The Teutons had a beautiful expression for it: Waralda, the ancient. We may dispute how it can be revered and how in earthly terms it can be broken down into cults and varieties."

Source: "Heinrich Himmler: A Life" by Peter Longerich, page 266

5 In last letter to his family (17 april 1945):

"The Most-Ancient ('Uralte'; overold-one) will protect us and particularly the brave/good German people, and not let us perish."

Comment on german website "Focus.de":

"With <Uralte> obviously <Waralda> was ment. Apparently that was how followers of the pseudoreligious <black order> of the SS referred to God - allegedly, germanic ancestors had also worshiped the divine power as <Waralda>."

- - - Original german fragments

1 "Derjeneige, der den Ausleseprozeß in der Natur beobachte und versteht, ist im tiefsten Grunde gläubig. Er ist gläubig, weil er eine unendlich weise Hoheit über uns weiß. Die Germanen hatten einen sehr schönen Ausdruck dafür: Waralda, das ist das Uralte."

3 "Ich habe heute an dem Begräbnistag von Heydrich in meiner Rede mit voller Absicht meine tiefste innere Überzeugung eines Glaubens an Gott, eines Glaubens an das Schicksal, an den Uralten, wie ich ihn nannte – das ist das alte germanische Wort: Wralda – ausgesprochen."

5 "Der Uralte wird uns und besonders das brave deutsche Volk behüten und uns nicht untergehen lassen."

Comment focus.de:

"Mit dem <Uralten> ist offenbar <Waralda> gemeint. So bezeichneten den Angaben zufolge Anhänger des pseudoreligiösen <schwarzen Ordens> der SS Gott – angeblich hätten germanische Vorfahren die göttliche Kraft ebenfalls als <Waralda> verehrt."

In the following quotes, Heinrich Himmler (1900-1945) referred to WR.ALDA, the supreme 'deity' of the OLB.

If indeed he (and though him the SS) was inspired by the OLB concept of a higher power, it would be understandable if established authorities rather have the OLB (a.k.a. 'Himmler's Bible') remain unknown to the general public.

(Original german fragments below, if available.)

1 From website, source and date unknown:

"Who observes and understands the process of selection in nature, is at the core a believer (in a higher power). He is a believer, because he knows there is an endlessly wise sovereignty above us. The ancient Germans had a beautiful expression for that: Waralda; the most ancient."

2 From website, source and date unknown:

"Atheism is the only world, or religious view that is not tolerated within the SS [...] I have not tolerated an atheist in the ranks of the SS. Every member has a deep faith in God, in what my ancestors called in their language Waralda, the ancient one, the one who is mightier than we are."

3 In speech at funeral of Heydrich (9 june 1942):

"Today at Heydrich's funeral I intentionally expressed in my oration from my deepest conviction a belief in God, a belief in fate, in the ancient one as I called him - that is the old Germanic word: Wralda."

Longer fragment here

4 In speech to senior naval officers (1943):

"... above us is an infinite wisdom. The Teutons had a beautiful expression for it: Waralda, the ancient. We may dispute how it can be revered and how in earthly terms it can be broken down into cults and varieties."

Source: "Heinrich Himmler: A Life" by Peter Longerich, page 266

5 In last letter to his family (17 april 1945):

"The Most-Ancient ('Uralte'; overold-one) will protect us and particularly the brave/good German people, and not let us perish."

Comment on german website "Focus.de":

"With <Uralte> obviously <Waralda> was ment. Apparently that was how followers of the pseudoreligious <black order> of the SS referred to God - allegedly, germanic ancestors had also worshiped the divine power as <Waralda>."

- - - Original german fragments

1 "Derjeneige, der den Ausleseprozeß in der Natur beobachte und versteht, ist im tiefsten Grunde gläubig. Er ist gläubig, weil er eine unendlich weise Hoheit über uns weiß. Die Germanen hatten einen sehr schönen Ausdruck dafür: Waralda, das ist das Uralte."

3 "Ich habe heute an dem Begräbnistag von Heydrich in meiner Rede mit voller Absicht meine tiefste innere Überzeugung eines Glaubens an Gott, eines Glaubens an das Schicksal, an den Uralten, wie ich ihn nannte – das ist das alte germanische Wort: Wralda – ausgesprochen."

5 "Der Uralte wird uns und besonders das brave deutsche Volk behüten und uns nicht untergehen lassen."

Comment focus.de:

"Mit dem <Uralten> ist offenbar <Waralda> gemeint. So bezeichneten den Angaben zufolge Anhänger des pseudoreligiösen <schwarzen Ordens> der SS Gott – angeblich hätten germanische Vorfahren die göttliche Kraft ebenfalls als <Waralda> verehrt."

Interesting mentions and since they knew of the OLB it doesn't surprise me that they have referred to him with the name Wralda, which is the OLB and shorter variation of the well-known original Nordic God:

Waralden Olmai, also known as Maylmen Olmai, Radien-attje, Jubmel or Vearalden Olmai, was a major Sami god. Sami people come from Sápmi, or modern day Finland, Sweden, and Norway. These ancient Nordic people were polytheistic and "Waralden Olmai" was their "world-god". Waralden Olmai is also an epithet for the Germanic Freyr. Today Waralden Olmai is a mythologic figure in Nordic countries.

http://en.wikipedia..../Waralden_Olmai

Radien-attje, Jubmel, Vearalden Olmai or Waralden Olmai is the superior or celestial deity of the Sami, also called Jubmel or Ibmel, a parallel to the Finnish Jumala (God).

The superior deity is the ruler of the Cosmos. In his honour, the Sami erected a sacrificial pole every autumn, symbolizing the world-pillar, which was considered as a connection the World to the firmament. The pillar reached from the centre of the Earth to the fix point on the firmament - the Pole star. The superior deity was also the “giver of life” and was considered the god of fertility.

Radien-attje is often portrayed as the main figure in a Trinity, which besides him, consists by the Raedieahkka or Radien-akka (Maadteraahka, the superior mother) and their son Radien-pardne. There are critics who claim, that this Trinity is a consequence of the meeting with the Christian religion, and that it is a match to the God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. If this is the case, it is interesting, that the Sami have replaced the Holy Spirit with a wife. In some versions the heavenly family also include the daughter Rana Niejta. As superior deity, Radien-attje is more of an intellectual superior, as his son, Radien-pardne, performs the practical things

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Radien-attje

Jubmel is equal to Jumala in Finnish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumala

The SS was spouting genuine Nordicism and what this shows is that the true God here lies with the Sami people, (the original fair people) which I always found interesting since that seems to say that the Fryans were of the same people, maybe a branch of Swedish Sami that came into Friesland, only Wralda is the true Nordic ancient world-God creator of everything in existence, God, hence why Himmler and co. would have worshipped only him as the true God.

I also noticed this: "The Most-Ancient ('Uralte'; overold-one)

maybe answering the Ural Mountain debate - the over-old mountains, the most ancient mountain range.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

Re: Abes post #5871

From memory , when i was reading about Buddha , Mahavira , Makkali Gosala (Gosa Makhonta ? ) i seem to remember the

chinese (may have been the Tibetans ?) called Jesus Fo also.......

where were our fri-sions at this time ??

obviously losing my computer , i have also lost all my reference books from online libraries , and all my notes i had been keeping for a couple of years , so i am trying to re-find as much as poss online at mom.......one thing i am having trouble with is sourcing the original oera linda book.........the tresor site does not seem to be working anymore.......do you guys know where else i can find all the pages , so i can still read it in it's original presentation..

Arthur Hübner (1885-1937), a nazi-linguist, wrote in 1934 ("Herman Wirth und die Ura-Linda-chronik"), translated:

"Not only is the OLB democratic, führer- [Hitler-] inimical, and pacifistic in its foundations, as a whole it is a worthless fabrication ["without juice and power"]."

Menno ter Braak (1902-1940), a dutch author and anti-Fascist, wrote in the same year ("Arthur Hübner contra Herman Wirth"), translated:

"The OLB should be added to the program of secondary education, in a good translation and with pedagogic comments, to educate the youth!"

Significant:

In a dutch radio interview (12 December 2004), Dr. Goffe Jensma claims (at 1:47:00) that the content of the OLB is "racist".

http://www.vpro.nl/idfa/speel.POMS_VPRO_207968.html

Yeah, the OLB would definitely be more excepted by the Fring Communities if it didn't have theNazi pedigree. I recall one person had a vision for a world where the cunning of the Finda, the Strength of the Lyda and the Honor of the Frya should combine, but then later Adel said that the mixed race children of Finda and Fryas were worthless traitors.

The whole original manuscript is here: http://aldfryas.blog...y-aldfryas.html

Scroll down a bit for a list of links (8a, 4b, etc).

Thanks Othar ....starting to re-read it again.....great site.....wish i could translate/understand more of it.

how you getting on with chrons of Eri , and Layamon/Wace Bruts , i have retrieved them from the i/net . busy reading the

6 months of this thread i missed out on. regards.

Reading a book on heraldry today and it said that a flag was called an "ensign" because" en "means Lord , and your flag showed others the Lord you were fighting under, so it was your Lords sign , or Lords signal , signiture etc.

This reminded me that i had see a while ago someone say "ATLANTIC" was " All-The-LanD/T-ICe ,

and also that " COPENHAGEN " was either country , or compte , county ( CO ) , ( P ) = of , ( EN ) = lord , HAGAN(HAKEN , HAAKAN ) was he not related/employed to one of the Canute Kings , and Archbishop Absalon (who i think i read founded Copenhagen ) and there was a great deal of war ,

and politcal unrest around this time. This was also around the time of the coming together of the Danes/Norwegians , maybe an attempt to unite the crowns .....you guys must know this history better than me , maybe you can help ?

So knowing a war is often portrayed as a flood , and once this Canute (Knut ) had been killed there was much strife over the ascession ..........

Then re-read again the Okke my son page......could this flood be around this same time (see the Kristen reckoning ), and actually have been a flood of warriors????..........also on this page if our author had to be careful of what he wrote in case it was intercepted , might he have encrypted the name Haakon , and the Archbishop Absalon , into " THE AGON ( which has been

translated as an "a" for eye , but for me it is a deffinate h and would then be HQON or HGON ie hidden HaKon , and his sponsors name being Archbishop Absalon is the "PAPE KAPPE "

Note also that this Canute had made a start in becoming under the christian banner , and the date on the front page gives

a date from the sinking of Atland , and one under the christian "reckoning "........but the date under the second page gives only the christian date , but says they are under the " Kersten Begrip(ped )"

This seems to me these two pages are one letter , made to look like two by the addition of a second date on the second page

what do you think ?? ........

Edited by Passing Time

• 2 weeks later...

jolfjur.jpg

A jolly Yule to all!

Let's try to rekindle the discussion in the new year.

I have been busy with becoming a father and currently also with finding a new home for my family. After that my plan is to create a new edition of the OLB with fascimile, transcription, translation, lots of footnotes and discussion. But I keep an eye on this thread and if something serious and interesting is posted, I will join again.

• Like 1

jolfjur.jpg

A jolly Yule to all!

Let's try to rekindle the discussion in the new year.

I have been busy with becoming a father and currently also with finding a new home for my family. After that my plan is to create a new edition of the OLB with fascimile, transcription, translation, lots of footnotes and discussion. But I keep an eye on this thread and if something serious and interesting is posted, I will join again.

One's ghelike Othar, let it blossom by the riddam of nature (welke rede op maat gesneden?).

Tid (g)enough, and after the sixth round we jump to a different scale :-)

Schol!

FOL_zps40f21ab1.png

• Like 2

zwijgen.jpg

[009/25]

THAN SWÉON (SWÉGON?) THA FÜGELON

then the birds kept silent

wijgen2.jpg

[132/19]

THACH HJA SWÍGATH THI .H.

but they don't pronounce the <h>

The German, Dutch and Frisian languages still have this word for not speaking, for keeping silent:

schweigen - german

zwijgen - dutch (IJ is pronounced just like EI)

swije - frisian

Older versions:

swigon - oldsaxon

swigia - oldfrisian

swigian, swigan - oldenglish

swîghen - olddutch

svia - oldnorse (to stop)

In the Scandinavian languages the word is more similar to the Latin version:

tie - norse, danish

tiga - swedish

þegja, þagna, hljóðna - icelandic

tacere - latin, italian

tacea - romanian

se taire - french

Also different:

calar-se - portugese

callar(-se) - spanish

In old-Greek, the verb was: σιγαω (sigao)

Noun: σιγη (sigé) - silence, quiet

It would make sense to relate the Oldgreek word to the German-Dutch-Frisian word, as most Dutch etymologists did, until recently (source, translated by me):

J. Vercoullie (1925):

"Indogermanic *sueik- of *sueigh- + Greek sigé (that is *sueiga) = the silence; the not-speaking; the secrecy"

N. van Wijk (1936):

"From an indogermanic root [...] of which greek sigé <the silence; the not-speaking>, sigáo <I keep silent; I don't speak>"

J. de Vries (1971):

"Of this root are derived [a.o.] greek sigáo <to keep silent, to not speek>"

Van Veen & van der Sijs (1997):

"somewhat related to Greek sigao"

But one of the newest etymological dictionary - M. Philippa e.a. (2009) - excludes (!) this possibility:

"Relationship with Greek siga 'silent' is impossible."

Why would it suddenly be "impossible" that the Greek <σιγ-; sig-> is related to the Germanic <swig->?

My guess is that it would suggest that the Greek word is a degeneration (thus newer version) of the Germanic word.

Just like in Newfrisian it has lost the <G>: swije, in Greek it has lost the <W>.

And that would be against the ruling paradigm, in which Greek is supposed to be the older, more pure language.

Edited by Othar Winis
  • Like 2

Interesting.

Edited by The Puzzler

So, without it being 'siga' I wonder what the root meaning is and if it's in anything else. swei/on - somewhat like the name of Swedes.

swīge 3, swī-g-e, afries., st. F. (ō), sw. F. (n): nhd. Schweigen; ne. silence; Hw.: vgl. ae. swīge (1), ahd. swīga*; Q.: Jur; E.: s. swī-g-ia; germ. *sweigō-, *sweigōn, sw. F. (n), Schweigen; s. idg. *su̯ī-, V., schwinden, schweigen, Pokorny 1052; L.: Hh 107b, Rh 1061b

swīgia 6, swī-g-ia, afries., sw. V. (2): nhd. schweigen, schweigen machen; ne. keep (V.) silence, impose silence; Vw.: s. bi-, for-; Hw.: vgl. ae. swī̆gian, as. swīgon, ahd. swīgēn*; Q.: W; E.: germ. *swīgēn, *swīgǣn, sw. V., schweigen; s. idg. *su̯ī-, V., schwinden, schweigen, Pokorny 1052?; W.: nfries. swyen, V., schweigen; W.: saterl. swigia, V., schweigen; L.: Hh 107b, Rh 1061b

This gives an explanation from words like 'whisper', whish, hush, particularly 'souch' and 'swough'

http://www.omnilexica.com/?q=swoosh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swedes:

The form Suiones appears in the Roman author Tacitus's Germania. A closely similar form, Sweon(as), is found in Old English and in the work of Adam of Bremen about the Hamburg-Bremen archbishops who are denoted Sueones

The etymology 'one's own' is not conclusive though and I could think of others more from swoosh (skiing or windy), even quiet country and people.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 2

I like the connections made here :-)

Otharus good be right about the u-turn made when commonplaces are likely to be based on drift sand.

But at the end the common sense always come to surface.

In this case I think that the common sense/meaning is found in the root (what else?) swig and all possible connotations, hard or soft.

In Dutch i thought about zwijken/zwikken/zwichten, zuchten (in the meaning of succumb and sigh) even zwacht or zacht (soft or swift), in het zog van.

To stop going forward only by force, sometimes to halt or in general to make a turn or search for least resistence.

Zweven in dutch combines the 2 imo. Hence we come to Puzzlers swoosh, wave/weef (zweef) or the suevi as the weavers or the people on the move like the wind (i'm not very sure in this one). Because the weavers off course do use the wave to produce their articles.

• Like 2

I was re-reading the other day about the Zeno Map. There is the obvious detail of the Island of Frisland, but there is also Estotiland- East Outland? The apparently wrote in a strange script.

I like the connections made here :-)

Otharus good be right about the u-turn made when commonplaces are likely to be based on drift sand.

But at the end the common sense always come to surface.

In this case I think that the common sense/meaning is found in the root (what else?) swig and all possible connotations, hard or soft.

In Dutch i thought about zwijken/zwikken/zwichten, zuchten (in the meaning of succumb and sigh) even zwacht or zacht (soft or swift), in het zog van.

To stop going forward only by force, sometimes to halt or in general to make a turn or search for least resistence.

Zweven in dutch combines the 2 imo. Hence we come to Puzzlers swoosh, wave/weef (zweef) or the suevi as the weavers or the people on the move like the wind (i'm not very sure in this one). Because the weavers off course do use the wave to produce their articles.

So swoosh and sweon bought me to 'sway' in English

Earlier swey (“to fall, swoon”), from Middle English sweyen, from Old Norse sveigja (“to bend, bow”), from Proto-Germanic *swaigijaną (compare Saterland Frisian swooie (“to swing, wave, wobble”), Dutch zwaaien, Dutch Low Saxon sweuen (“to sway in the wind”), from Proto-Indo-European *swaig- (compare Lithuanian svaĩgti (“to become giddy or dizzy”), the second element of Avestan [script needed] (pairi-šxuaxta, “to surround”), Sanskrit [script needed] (svájate, “he embraces, enfolds”)). Cognate to Proto-Slavic *čьvati (“swell, become bigger”), Old Greek κυέω (kyéo, “become pregnant”).

Trying to work out a root for SWEON as something like 'silent' or even stop - not from siga. What is English version for word you used Van Gorp SWIG? "in the root (what else?) swig"

Swig is actually still a word in English, referring to taking a quick drink, usually of alcohol, from a bottle.

Swig is actually still a word in English, referring to taking a quick drink, usually of alcohol, from a bottle.

Ok, nice info.

Maybe related with the Dutch statement "zwik ... zwak", made in earlier times when one was going to drink against or with each other.

I'm thinking the meaning in here could be the pronounced turning movement when taking a quick drink from the bottle.

To connect again with Othar's post: imo keeping silence about something is also a kind of turning away (be-zwijken, ont-wijken).

Now pondering more on it: maybe it is still more logical the very root that explains all is what one could expect: WIG, WIK, WIJK, WEEG, WEEK

All related to turning, fluctuating, refraining (WIEGEN, WIKKEN EN WEGEN)

How can Wijk/Wick (as for village, settlement) be related with turning or fluctuating I was asking myself, this seems a contradictory.

Settlement and keeping silence i can relate, but if you see that the Wijk is also the "corner" where one geographically turns out to settle (waar men z'n "draai" vindt) all sums up.

So far my free thoughts on the keeping silence of Othar and OLB :-)

• Like 1

The verb SWIKA (varieties BISWIKA, TOSWIKA, OFSWIKA) is common in the OLB:

(translations Ottema / Sandbach)

[011/23]

THA MODELÁSA SKILUN ÀMMAR SWIKA VNDER.HJARA AJN LÉD

[O-S p.19]

De moedeloozen zullen immer bezwijken onder hun eigen leed

those who give way to discouragement sink under their burdens

[083/30]

THI ALLE SKILUM THRVCH MORT SWIKA

[O-S p.115]

Die allen zullen door moord bezwijken

They shall all fall by murder

[092/02]

THÀTSTER SOKKE HÁGE LOVE TO SWIKTH

[O-S p.127]

dat gij haar zulken hoogen lof toezwaait

that you respect her so highly

[095/03]

THIS SWIKT ÀND TRULDE VPPET GÀRS DEL

[O-S p.131]

deze wankelde en tuimelde op het gras neder

who staggered and fell on the grass

[095/11]

THRÍJA SWIKTE HJA THAM OR HJRA HOLE

[O-S p.133]

dit zwaaide zij driemaal over haar hoofd

She waved it three times over her head

[115/21]

SWIKTON THA WOLKA WITHER VP JRTHA

[O-S p.159]

slingerden de wolken weder op aarde

the clouds flung upon the earth

[124/11]

WI MOSTON WEL SWIKA

[O-S p.171]

Wij moesten wel zwichten

We were obliged to yield

[130/29]

BERGA THÉR THA KRUNNA OFSWIKTE

[O-S p.179]

bergen, wier kruinen aftuimelden

The tops of high mountains fell

[133/20]

ALLE ÔTHERA SEND VNDERA SLÉGA SWIKT

[O-S p.183]

alle anderen zijn onder de slagen bezweken

all the others died by violence

[142/19]

RJUCHT ÀND FRYHÉD SKILUN SWIKA

[O-S p.193]

Vrijheid en recht zullen bezwijken

Freedom and justice shall be overcome

[165/23]

THRVCH HONGER BISWIKE

[O-S p.223]

van honger bezwijken

dying [...] of hunger

[197/19]

HWIP ÀND SWIK SPÉLE

[O-S p.237]

wip en zwik spelen

playing games of swinging and wrestling

[according to Jensma - referring to vd Meij - "wip" is a game with birds, and "zwik" is about hurling cake]

(In ein koeke ôfswikke, 'bij 't koekslingeren (volksspel) door een vorschen zwaai van den arm een gedeelte van den koek doen afbreken en wegslingeren'.

source )

• Like 1

(Numbers refer to the fragments in my previous post:)

SWIKA (1) - (be-)zwijken; to collapse, succumb, yield, go under - 1,2,7,9,10

SWIK[A] (2) - zwikken, zwenken, wankelen; to swing, sway, stagger - 4

SWIK[A] (3) - zwaaien, zwenken, slingeren; to swing, sway, wield (something) - 5,6

BISWIKE, [-A] - as SWIKA (1) - 11

OFSWIK[A] - afzwikken, -zwenken; ('to sway off': ) to tumble off, fall - 8

LOVE TO SWIK[A] - lof toezwaaien; ('to sway love to someone': ) to laud - 3

HWIP ÀND SWIK SPÉLE - (my guess:) wippen en schommelen of draaien (in draaimolen?); to play on seesaw and swing or carousel - 12

(note: a dutch cardgame is called "zwikken", but so is a cake-hurling game)

some related words in various languages (list not complete):

dutch: (be-)zwijken, zwenken, zwengelen, zwikken, zwaaien, zweven, zwieren, zwiepen

frisian: swichte, swaeije, sweve, swiere, swifte, swikke, swinke, swypje

norse: svaie, sveive, svekke, svike, svinge, svinne

swedish: svaja, svinga, svänga, svika

german: schwingen, (ver-)schwinden

english: to sway, swing, swink

lithuanian: svaigti

russian: svigat

olddutch: swiken, suicken, swycken, swencken, swengen, swanken, swaeyen, sweben

oldgerman: swihhan, sweichen, swiften, swenken, swingan, swanken, sweben

oldsaxon: swikan, swingan

oldfrisian: swika, swenga, swanga, swenza, swiva

oldenglish: swican, swengan, swincan, swifan