Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Reading a book on heraldry today and it said that a flag was called an "ensign" because" en "means Lord , and your flag showed others the Lord you were fighting under, so it was your Lords sign , or Lords signal , signiture etc.

This reminded me that i had see a while ago someone say "ATLANTIC" was " All-The-LanD/T-ICe ,

and also that " COPENHAGEN " was either country , or compte , county ( CO ) , ( P ) = of , ( EN ) = lord , HAGAN(HAKEN , HAAKAN ) was he not related/employed to one of the Canute Kings , and Archbishop Absalon (who i think i read founded Copenhagen ) and there was a great deal of war ,

and politcal unrest around this time. This was also around the time of the coming together of the Danes/Norwegians , maybe an attempt to unite the crowns .....you guys must know this history better than me , maybe you can help ?

So knowing a war is often portrayed as a flood , and once this Canute (Knut ) had been killed there was much strife over the ascession ..........

Then re-read again the Okke my son page......could this flood be around this same time (see the Kristen reckoning ), and actually have been a flood of warriors????..........also on this page if our author had to be careful of what he wrote in case it was intercepted , might he have encrypted the name Haakon , and the Archbishop Absalon , into " THE AGON ( which has been

translated as an "a" for eye , but for me it is a deffinate h and would then be HQON or HGON ie hidden HaKon , and his sponsors name being Archbishop Absalon is the "PAPE KAPPE "

Note also that this Canute had made a start in becoming under the christian banner , and the date on the front page gives

a date from the sinking of Atland , and one under the christian "reckoning "........but the date under the second page gives only the christian date , but says they are under the " Kersten Begrip(ped )"

This seems to me these two pages are one letter , made to look like two by the addition of a second date on the second page

what do you think ?? ........

On first sight I wasn't sure how to relate with the interesting view above.

I can imagine the word flood can be used for an influx of hostile people or society change, but did OLB did not mention also to copy the manuscript "Tha hja wêron wet wrden"?

Then one could assume that "wet" can be interpreted as just "old", not related with wet from a water flood?

Anyway, but now I passed some time to ponder on it, some questions to see if I can follow:

Correct me if wrong: In short: you rise the possibilty that Okke is a scripted way to refer to a Absalon lineage (Hakon)?

If i follow that path: did you also see that the writer "Hidde" could then be related with the Hvide-clan?

"Absalon was born into the powerful Hvide clan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absalon

"A folktale of the clan name contrasts this clan against the "black" clan of Viking leaders of Skåne ("Svarte Skåning") who had Thor as their chief god. The white islander clan were "protectees" of non-black god Odin."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hvide

Further down that path; you think the Black Adel reference in OLB (focussed on military aspect of society in stead of education) is to be connected with the contrast of the White lineage (Hvide, Odin, science and education) against the Dark (Thor, Hercules, War) lineage? With the Abaslon quest against the Wends as a similar quest of the Frya's against the Finda?

You see the OLB narrating as kind of symbolical draw up for the above or am I totally missing the point?

Ok, nice info.

Maybe related with the Dutch statement "zwik ... zwak", made in earlier times when one was going to drink against or with each other.

I'm thinking the meaning in here could be the pronounced turning movement when taking a quick drink from the bottle.

To connect again with Othar's post: imo keeping silence about something is also a kind of turning away (be-zwijken, ont-wijken).

Now pondering more on it: maybe it is still more logical the very root that explains all is what one could expect: WIG, WIK, WIJK, WEEG, WEEK

All related to turning, fluctuating, refraining (WIEGEN, WIKKEN EN WEGEN)

How can Wijk/Wick (as for village, settlement) be related with turning or fluctuating I was asking myself, this seems a contradictory.

Settlement and keeping silence i can relate, but if you see that the Wijk is also the "corner" where one geographically turns out to settle (waar men z'n "draai" vindt) all sums up.

So far my free thoughts on the keeping silence of Othar and OLB :-)

In a similar vein, English also has Swift which looks quite similar, and has some relation to turning quickly I s'ppose. Also, swish which means to move a liquid around.

I like the connections made here :-)

Otharus good be right about the u-turn made when commonplaces are likely to be based on drift sand.

But at the end the common sense always come to surface.

In this case I think that the common sense/meaning is found in the root (what else?) swig and all possible connotations, hard or soft.

In Dutch i thought about zwijken/zwikken/zwichten, zuchten (in the meaning of succumb and sigh) even zwacht or zacht (soft or swift), in het zog van.

To stop going forward only by force, sometimes to halt or in general to make a turn or search for least resistence.

Zweven in dutch combines the 2 imo. Hence we come to Puzzlers swoosh, wave/weef (zweef) or the suevi as the weavers or the people on the move like the wind (i'm not very sure in this one). Because the weavers off course do use the wave to produce their articles.

Sige........? how about Siege........after a field battle, the enemy fall back to there defences , you stop going forward ,

the silence of no fighting

The verb SWIKA (varieties BISWIKA, TOSWIKA, OFSWIKA) is common in the OLB:

(translations Ottema / Sandbach)

[011/23]

THA MODELÁSA SKILUN ÀMMAR SWIKA VNDER.HJARA AJN LÉD

[O-S p.19]

De moedeloozen zullen immer bezwijken onder hun eigen leed

those who give way to discouragement sink under their burdens

[083/30]

THI ALLE SKILUM THRVCH MORT SWIKA

[O-S p.115]

Die allen zullen door moord bezwijken

They shall all fall by murder

[092/02]

THÀTSTER SOKKE HÁGE LOVE TO SWIKTH

[O-S p.127]

dat gij haar zulken hoogen lof toezwaait

that you respect her so highly

[095/03]

THIS SWIKT ÀND TRULDE VPPET GÀRS DEL

[O-S p.131]

deze wankelde en tuimelde op het gras neder

who staggered and fell on the grass

[095/11]

THRÍJA SWIKTE HJA THAM OR HJRA HOLE

[O-S p.133]

dit zwaaide zij driemaal over haar hoofd

She waved it three times over her head

[115/21]

SWIKTON THA WOLKA WITHER VP JRTHA

[O-S p.159]

slingerden de wolken weder op aarde

the clouds flung upon the earth

[124/11]

WI MOSTON WEL SWIKA

[O-S p.171]

Wij moesten wel zwichten

We were obliged to yield

[130/29]

BERGA THÉR THA KRUNNA OFSWIKTE

[O-S p.179]

bergen, wier kruinen aftuimelden

The tops of high mountains fell

[133/20]

ALLE ÔTHERA SEND VNDERA SLÉGA SWIKT

[O-S p.183]

alle anderen zijn onder de slagen bezweken

all the others died by violence

[142/19]

RJUCHT ÀND FRYHÉD SKILUN SWIKA

[O-S p.193]

Vrijheid en recht zullen bezwijken

Freedom and justice shall be overcome

[165/23]

THRVCH HONGER BISWIKE

[O-S p.223]

van honger bezwijken

dying [...] of hunger

[197/19]

HWIP ÀND SWIK SPÉLE

[O-S p.237]

wip en zwik spelen

playing games of swinging and wrestling

[according to Jensma - referring to vd Meij - "wip" is a game with birds, and "zwik" is about hurling cake]

(In ein koeke ôfswikke, 'bij 't koekslingeren (volksspel) door een vorschen zwaai van den arm een gedeelte van den koek doen afbreken en wegslingeren'.

source )

Yes all seem to relate somehow to a kind of death , swooning , passing out , even with the love sentence , i dont know about your languages but in English its common to say you love someone to death.or till death. Edited by Passing Time

On first sight I wasn't sure how to relate with the interesting view above.

I can imagine the word flood can be used for an influx of hostile people or society change, but did OLB did not mention also to copy the manuscript "Tha hja wêron wet wrden"?

Then one could assume that "wet" can be interpreted as just "old", not related with wet from a water flood?

Anyway, but now I passed some time to ponder on it, some questions to see if I can follow:

Correct me if wrong: In short: you rise the possibilty that Okke is a scripted way to refer to a Absalon lineage (Hakon)?

If i follow that path: did you also see that the writer "Hidde" could then be related with the Hvide-clan?

"Absalon was born into the powerful Hvide clan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absalon

"A folktale of the clan name contrasts this clan against the "black" clan of Viking leaders of Skåne ("Svarte Skåning") who had Thor as their chief god. The white islander clan were "protectees" of non-black god Odin."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hvide

Further down that path; you think the Black Adel reference in OLB (focussed on military aspect of society in stead of education) is to be connected with the contrast of the White lineage (Hvide, Odin, science and education) against the Dark (Thor, Hercules, War) lineage? With the Abaslon quest against the Wends as a similar quest of the Frya's against the Finda?

You see the OLB narrating as kind of symbolical draw up for the above or am I totally missing the point?

No sorry VG much simpler than all that.... but i did not write it very clearly , my fault .

the bit about heraldry , and the all the land is ice bit was just to point out what got me thinking about more meaning in a word or sentence..................then i starten reading about Copenhagen , and how Hagen is the Danish form of the Norwegian

name Haken , and old Norse name Haaken........and how hagen was the founder of Copenhagen .and was still thinking about

en being lord..therefore En-sign your flag is your lords sign.and the use of one/two letters meaning a word at in

Atlantic or Atlantis.....ie All The LANd ICe ......this made me look at the name CopenHagen , seeing his name hidden in the

name.........thinking what does the word mean then ??? CO = Country , County , Compte ?? So could it mean CO Country

P = f =of ? EN = LORD , HAGEN...............anyway forget that it is just explaining how i was thinking about hidden messages.

Later i started reading OLB from the pages on Othars link he had just given me , and started reading the Okke my son

letter .......so started wondering if Hidde was not writting a hidden message to Okke , about a flood , which may not be

a flood of water but a flood of Danes , that he had just saved his wife and sons from ..... that it does not mean the book

was wet wrden (wridden ) but that they were wet (knowledgeable ) words, and the history of his Pagan ancestors,

so was Hakon(Hagen ) who was a hit man for Valdemar 1 , and Archbishop Absalon , the name of the person he was

fleeing from , hidden in the sentence " do not let the HGON (Eyes)..of the Pape Kappe see this book " what if its not eyes

but a hidden Hagon ( k and G often being exchanged )and Absalon is the Pape Kappe

Hakon was fighting for Danish expansion in the Baltic under King Valdemar 1 , he was i think the first king to embrace

Roman Christianity in your neck of the woods , hence why he was backed by Archbishop Absalon , and through him

the Roman Pope. we know what the christian church did to pagan writtings , and that is what Hidde is warning Okke of.

at the end of the letter where it gives the date it says under the christian reckoning be-gripped......doesnt begripped

mean that they are gripped in the struggle... they are being strangled by the christians reckoning of history.

• Like 1

Ok, nice info.

Maybe related with the Dutch statement "zwik ... zwak", made in earlier times when one was going to drink against or with each other.

I'm thinking the meaning in here could be the pronounced turning movement when taking a quick drink from the bottle.

To connect again with Othar's post: imo keeping silence about something is also a kind of turning away (be-zwijken, ont-wijken).

Now pondering more on it: maybe it is still more logical the very root that explains all is what one could expect: WIG, WIK, WIJK, WEEG, WEEK

All related to turning, fluctuating, refraining (WIEGEN, WIKKEN EN WEGEN)

How can Wijk/Wick (as for village, settlement) be related with turning or fluctuating I was asking myself, this seems a contradictory.

Settlement and keeping silence i can relate, but if you see that the Wijk is also the "corner" where one geographically turns out to settle (waar men z'n "draai" vindt) all sums up.

So far my free thoughts on the keeping silence of Othar and OLB :-)

OK, Im still stuck on this because I cannot find a suitable word that means silent - but I think I just found it, thank goodness, it was driving me crazy.

swoon (n.) c.1300, suowne, suun, "state of unconsciousness," probably from Old English geswogen "in a faint," past participle of a lost verb *swogan (see swoon (v.)).

swoon (v.) c.1200, "to become unconscious," probably from a lost Old English verb *swogan (as in Old English aswogan "to choke"), of uncertain origin. Compare Low German swogen "to sigh." Related: Swooned; swooning.

http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

This is it, imo - the root of the sweon/g word for silent is not Greek siga but comes from the above meaning - "of uncertain origin". "state of unconsciousness'' would def. equate to being 'silent'.

SWIKA then, also appears to be a similar word, less relative to the 'silent'/unconscious meaning though.

Maybe Scandinavian Swedes/Sueones were always drinking - good at swigging the bottle - "swiggers" - Anglo-Saxons then went on to be known that they made important decisions and even fought blind drunk - much like the culture of Anglo-Saxon descendants even today... Vikings, beer halls, passing out, seems a given when I think about it...

Just a fun-fact:

Disney's Atlantis (2001) used the 'Fryan' letter "A":

letterA.jpg

lol classic find.

Edited by The Puzzler

OK, Im still stuck on this because I cannot find a suitable word that means silent - but I think I just found it, thank goodness, it was driving me crazy.

swoon (n.) c.1300, suowne, suun, "state of unconsciousness," probably from Old English geswogen "in a faint," past participle of a lost verb *swogan (see swoon (v.)).

swoon (v.) c.1200, "to become unconscious," probably from a lost Old English verb *swogan (as in Old English aswogan "to choke"), of uncertain origin. Compare Low German swogen "to sigh." Related: Swooned; swooning.

http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

This is it, imo - the root of the sweon/g word for silent is not Greek siga but comes from the above meaning - "of uncertain origin". "state of unconsciousness'' would def. equate to being 'silent'.

Marvellous:

The swoon, is the swan, zwaan (animal).

Coming from the same Germ root swog (swig), rustle, whispering sound like the air or the sea, or in this case the sound the swan makes in the air:

ssssshhhhhh (ut up) ....... :-)

Zwoegen (swogan) is also making a big effort in labour (to the limit of fainting): sigh, zucht, zwoegt!

http://www.etymologiebank.nl/trefwoord/zwaan

http://www.etymologi...efwoord/zwoegen

Edited by Van Gorp

If it was a fake, why didn't they just used the word 'Fot' for 'Fout'?

Been away for a month or so, and then this what I should have been waiting for? Lol.

FOT would be more correct (Volney's "Les Ruines"), but it still has nothing to do with "false", or "fout" in Dutch.

FOT is the name the Chinese and/or Tibetans used for Buddha.... or BODdhisatva. And even BODdhisatva doesn't mean "false"...

If you had wanted to answer my question, you should have explained why the French word FAUX sounds exactly like the Dutch word FO.

And that the OLB actually tells us that that name FO means FALSE.

It's nonsense... or a slip of the pen.... or a hint. Personally I think it's a little joke by one of the creators of the OLB: "Let's see if they'll gobble up this one."

Edited by Abramelin

Been away for a month or so, and then this what I should have been waiting for? Lol.

FOT would be more correct (Volney's "Les Ruines"), but it still has nothing to do with "false", or "fout" in Dutch.

FOT is the name the Chinese and/or Tibetans used for Buddha.... or BODdhisatva. And even BODdhisatva doesn't mean "false"...

If you had wanted to answer my question, you should have explained why the French word FAUX sounds exactly like the Dutch word FO.

And that the OLB actually tells us that that name FO means FALSE.

It's nonsense... or a slip of the pen.... or a hint. Personally I think it's a little joke by one of the creators of the OLB: "Let's see if they'll gobble up this one."

I know you are not waiting for anything possibly meaningfull, so you can always quickly pass this post :-)

A personal touch:

Btw, not glad i respond to your post? I thought I will give a decent reply, otherwise the guy could come back in some weeks/months without response, that should be disappointing.

From the tone of your post it seems you don't fully appreciate, how come? Cheer up.

The reasoning that FOT has nothing to do with false (or fout in Dutch), is what you claim.

OLB does make the connection via Fo. You think the OLB creators just wanted to play tricks on you with nonsense and french words?

Well, then they did succeed in this, no?

It's plain clear that just like the other etymologies, OLB claims a meaningfull etymology other than regarded in general: Buddha's alternative name known by others as Fot actually mean false (Vals, False, Faux, Fout). It has meaning in OLB, no nonsense there (or are you really not understanding this part, i doubt). Expecting something to be nonsense seems a good starting point to overlook the evident sense then.

By this it actually hints at the reason of Buddha being called Fot by the priests, is that the priests regarded Jesus/Krishna/Buddha (or wanted people to regard him) as a False (Faux Foute) Prophet.

So first they try to condem, or put into a bad daylight or counteract Jesus/Krishna/Buddha counsciousness, and when this is all in vain and this inner consciousness started to spread over the world, they took control of the outer movement in order to derail the true meaning and putting theirselves as the only inter-preters (priests) between man and good (God) consiousness.

You can agree or disagree with OLB on this, but this is the sense it brings forward quite clear.

Good wordplay? Could be way better.

Yes, it is strange that we see Fo (sounding as french faux) instead of just 'Fout' if you want to invent Frysian based etymologies.

If I wanted to write a convincing hoax full of strange etymologies, I would have written Fout or Fot. Easy and strong example, self explaining.

But no, they skipped this tip-in and used instead a french sounding word resembling a shortened version of Fot?

For you the OLB writers weren't actually looking to make it all meaningfull and convincing, but giving underneath hints all is bull by purposely blowing up the case they diligently made all over in the manuscript.

Why did they use Fo? I don't care, because OLB clearly says the priests called Jesus/Krishna/Buddha "False", what is "Wrong", hence "Fout". And back at Fot/ :-)

Marvelous find :-)

• Like 1

Marvellous:

The swoon, is the swan, zwaan (animal).

Coming from the same Germ root swog (swig), rustle, whispering sound like the air or the sea, or in this case the sound the swan makes in the air:

ssssshhhhhh (ut up) ....... :-)

Zwoegen (swogan) is also making a big effort in labour (to the limit of fainting): sigh, zucht, zwoegt!

http://www.etymologi...trefwoord/zwaan

http://www.etymologi...efwoord/zwoegen

Ahhh, I should have known it would all go back to the swan, nice one VG.

Looking back at some of the discussions about Storro , the Mannagardaforda , and Buda......spotted this today .

https://www.balkance...m-Csepel-Island

Its the Island in the bend of the river near Buda/ pest is on the other side of the river.

still think that area was under Storro's hood..........and that each trading country was allocated an area , near a Caravanserai,

where they had there storehouses of goods to sell/buy , and their Hotel , or Hospital (Hospitality tent )

if we follow the track of their travels on the rivers down into the Med , and further into the underworld (farther South ) to the Carmanians , and most likely the Sassanians, i think we will find a further connection with Carmania (Germany ) and Sassanians (Saxons )

Edited by Passing Time

New Oera Linda video.

English version:

Dutch version:

What's your channel name so I can subscribe later?

• 2 weeks later...

Once more I'm a bit baffled by the dates.

Can be me looking at ghosts, but i still wonder how on earth Hidde could have related his years of living and writing with the timeline according Altland sank (1256 after Christ=3349 after Altland).

Following the note of Liko some 450 years earlier, that connection could not be derived.

If he could, why did Liko did not mention it, knowing all other dates in the manuscript were relating to Altland and all successors would be in the dark concerning the narrated events and the connection with the then used kersten begrip. A reasonable assumption would be that Liko just couldn't relate the years of the events with the kersten reckoning (years after christ), otherwise he would have mentionned it. I can't believe this would be kept out for secrecy (what about the events itself then?) or negligence or irrelevancy.

The fact Hidde makes the correlation still some 450 years later makes me doubt to take it all too literally correct in the framework we are used too place events steadily correct.

Not that it can't make sense, i think all adds up but things can get mixed up in the eye of the beholder when looking at it absolutely, but the realations still stay valid.

There could be some layers about OLB which are hardly to describe black/white, true or false, hoax or real. I think in the middle, like all ancient narrations. Many of them could be labeled as a hoax when looking at the the setup or circumstances of revelation, though contentwise we take them as a guide.

Out of the box, maybe to far off, but i like to entertain some thoughts:

If Hidde was really persuaded by the fact that the manuscript were worth to copy because of the truths in it, AND he puts forward 1256 after christ (kersten begrip) and 3449 after altland as the year of writing, one can imagine there could be a play in it "when do you consider Christ was born"?

Well:

if Hidde interpreted it in the manuscript that Christ was born 1600 years after Altland sank, and he makes the year of writing 3449 (Altland reckoning), this makes the year of writing occuring 1848 years after Jesus birth, considering that actually no year zeo exists and 1600 becomes 1601.

Converting these actual 1848 years after Christ to the general used false Christ reckoning as we know it, one comes easily at 1848 AD.

The year Cornelis Over de Linden got the manuscript in his hands!

But was it really intended for him?

I don't know, I think other contributors to this forum did a way more thorough investigation on the circumstances Cornelis Over de Linden got the manuscript.

• Like 2

This article is from 2010 but adds more weight to the idea that the North Sea area was indeed a vast community of sailors with trade and movements going on...

3,000-year-old shipwreck shows European trade was thriving in Bronze Age

The discovery of one of the world's oldest shipwrecks shows that European trade was thriving even in the Bronze Age, according to experts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/archaeology/7238663/3000-year-old-shipwreck-shows-European-trade-was-thriving-in-Bronze-Age.html

The British Museum are due to take charge of the artefacts and have them valued before giving the team a sum.

Experts at the University of Oxford are analysing the cargo to establish its exact origins.

Ben Roberts, A British Museum Bronze Age expert, told the Sunday Telegraph: ''It is an incredibly exciting find. What we have here is really, really good evidence of trade. We don't get many shipwreck sites.

''It is very rare to get a snapshot of this level of activity. It is very possible there were also animals and people going across the Channel too.

''We hardly ever get to see evidence of this cross Channel trade in action. It is a huge amount of cargo.''

• 3 weeks later...

How can you be so sure?

This is what I posted:

If you can proove that "Boddhisatva" means "false", you have a point, but you'll have a hard time trying.

I know you are not waiting for anything possibly meaningfull, so you can always quickly pass this post :-)

A personal touch:

Btw, not glad i respond to your post? I thought I will give a decent reply, otherwise the guy could come back in some weeks/months without response, that should be disappointing.

From the tone of your post it seems you don't fully appreciate, how come? Cheer up.

The reasoning that FOT has nothing to do with false (or fout in Dutch), is what you claim.

OLB does make the connection via Fo. You think the OLB creators just wanted to play tricks on you with nonsense and french words?

Well, then they did succeed in this, no?

It's plain clear that just like the other etymologies, OLB claims a meaningfull etymology other than regarded in general: Buddha's alternative name known by others as Fot actually mean false (Vals, False, Faux, Fout). It has meaning in OLB, no nonsense there (or are you really not understanding this part, i doubt). Expecting something to be nonsense seems a good starting point to overlook the evident sense then.

By this it actually hints at the reason of Buddha being called Fot by the priests, is that the priests regarded Jesus/Krishna/Buddha (or wanted people to regard him) as a False (Faux Foute) Prophet.

So first they try to condem, or put into a bad daylight or counteract Jesus/Krishna/Buddha counsciousness, and when this is all in vain and this inner consciousness started to spread over the world, they took control of the outer movement in order to derail the true meaning and putting theirselves as the only inter-preters (priests) between man and good (God) consiousness.

You can agree or disagree with OLB on this, but this is the sense it brings forward quite clear.

Good wordplay? Could be way better.

Yes, it is strange that we see Fo (sounding as french faux) instead of just 'Fout' if you want to invent Frysian based etymologies.

If I wanted to write a convincing hoax full of strange etymologies, I would have written Fout or Fot. Easy and strong example, self explaining.

But no, they skipped this tip-in and used instead a french sounding word resembling a shortened version of Fot?

For you the OLB writers weren't actually looking to make it all meaningfull and convincing, but giving underneath hints all is bull by purposely blowing up the case they diligently made all over in the manuscript.

Why did they use Fo? I don't care, because OLB clearly says the priests called Jesus/Krishna/Buddha "False", what is "Wrong", hence "Fout". And back at Fot/ :-)

Marvelous find :-)

You don't care why they used "Fo"? I do, because it is only the French "faux" - pronounced as "fo" - that actually means "false".

The OLB gives several hints to a "French Connection" as you can read in my blog (see signature).

And no, the OLB clearly says "Fo, that is False", not that the priests called Jes-us (not Jesus)/Krisen/Buda "false". "False" appears to be the translation of the name "Fo". Or better: of FAUX.

This is also not about people trying to create a "convincing hoax"; the OLB appears to have had another goal...

You don't care why they used "Fo"? I do, because it is only the French "faux" - pronounced as "fo" - that actually means "false".

The OLB gives several hints to a "French Connection" as you can read in my blog (see signature).

And no, the OLB clearly says "Fo, that is False", not that the priests called Jes-us (not Jesus)/Krisen/Buda "false". "False" appears to be the translation of the name "Fo". Or better: of FAUX.

This is also not about people trying to create a "convincing hoax"; the OLB appears to have had another goal...

Hi Abe,

Yes, it is interesting what you write on your blog.

In some way you see the connections, i see it different ... probably in between.

1) You think the priests didn't called Fot (Fo) "False", but it is only the French translation for the same word the priests used? From OLB, I use the quote from your blog, as below there is imo no other interpretation that the 3 different names for FO/Krisen/Budha all 3 were used because of the interpretation OLB mentions:

"

From the OLB:

Sin forme nôm wêre Jes-us, thach tha prestera thêr-im sêralik haeton hêton him Fo thaet is falx, thaet folk hête him Kris-en thaet is herder, aend sin Fryaske frjund hêta him Bûda, vmbe that hi in sin hâvad en skaet fon wisdom hêde aend in sin hirt en skaet fon ljavde.

His first name was Jes-us, but the priests, who hated him, called him Fo, that is, false; the people called him Kris-en, that is, shepherd; and his Frisian friend called him Buda, because he had in his head a treasure of wisdom, and in his heart a treasure of love.

The OLB "Fo" is pronounced exactly like the French "faux", and it means exactly the same: FALSE.

"

And so if the people called him Krisen as Sheperd, the Frisian friend called him Buda as purse (full of treasure), the priests called him Fo/Fot as False (fout, wrong, false, as in False Prophet).

2) That is what one entity/construct was regarded as we now are used to be told or talk about 3 different types.

3) On top of that these 3 are the ones we imagine. Included Jesus as THE Jesus, with the same tales surrounded of the one of Nazareth, only in a different timescale because it can't be otherwise if you want to merge them. Left aside whether we are told wrong or OLB is telling wrong. He is the same (also in OLB) imo.

4) OLB as a hoax about Frisian (contrary to the Gaulish) history, but not trying to be convincing?: then give us your thought of what the message is. In OLB there is a clear contradiction between the Gauls and Frysians: then why should the motives of the forgery makers be hinting at the connection with a Gaulish Holland (a spreading of French Napoleontisch imperialism into Fryan heimat)?

5) Many of the used etymologies in OLB do not correspond with the ones in "De Graeves's" work. So despite the year, why do they contradict each other if they want to bring about the same message?

fe Min Erva: My Heritage (OLB) is not to be found in De Graeve, is there any analogy in meaning between the 2 besides the mentioning of the names?

EDIT:

I can imagine of this analogy: that the word "mine" (mijn, min) as in "of myself" is linked with the verb "minnen" (to love, being in one's heart).

Mine=Minnen=Holding in ones' heart. I tink this could be the link as you write in your blog De Graeve is explaining Minerva as intelligence, memory like "man" has this connotation too (also in Eastern society as Hinduism). By this we can derive that what OLB/De Grave and Budhism/Vedanta likes are saying is just the same: the mind is not in your brain but in the feeling (heart). Western Science based on the rational is only now exploring this area and coming to the same conclusions.

Edited by Van Gorp

If you can proove that "Boddhisatva" means "false", you have a point, but you'll have a hard time trying.

"Boddhisatva" does not have to mean "false", for FO or FOT to mean "false" or "fout".

Can you prove FOT has nothing to do with Dutch "fout"?

[...] i still wonder how on earth Hidde could have related his years of living and writing with the timeline according Altland sank (1256 after Christ=3349 after Altland).

Following the note of Liko some 450 years earlier, that connection could not be derived.

Good point.

Two possible explanations:

- Liko did not know the Atland year numbering system, but his descendant Hidde did, later (through other sources).

or:

- Liko did not mention the Atland system, because in his time it was still so common that he did not feel he needed to, but Hidde later added it because it became less used.

This article is from 2010 but adds more weight to the idea that the North Sea area was indeed a vast community of sailors with trade and movements going on...

Nice proof of early trade indeed, but interesting how the archaeologists assume so much, for example:

- That the tin was brought to Britain instead of from.

- That the ship was rowed not sailed, although no remains of the ship were left.