Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Ha-Ha not Echo beach , that song which i cant get out of my head since you mentioned echoes.

another eg. for gvngen(governing )possibly........022.01.page 22. sub para 11.

is er uppa sin tid of gvngen ief tha binna sin tid sturven sa ne mei nen sibba him up folgia ther im nei ar sy sa farde kny

is are up his time of governing , if been in his time sturven.say not may none of his siblings follow him to the fourth kin.

Far away in time...

I edited my post to what I actually think it is.

are Working = arbed.....make work = arbedia.....work on something = biarbedia.....so work is bed....

Rum = airy , spacious , space ......if you have space you have room

so BEDRUM is workspace = the mother was in her workspace or workroom when she was killed.

bed as in sleep = bedd (poss as in act dead ,asleep , be ded ) not bed

Edited by Passing Time

are Working = arbed.....make work = arbedia.....work on something = biarbedia.....so work is bed....

Rum = airy , spacious , space ......if you have space you have room

so BEDRUM is workspace = the mother was in her workspace or workroom when she was killed.

bed as in sleep = bedd (poss as in act dead ,asleep , be ded ) not bed

ARBED etc mean work through the context of hardship, slavery, suffering, it's the root of orphan.

The D is mostly silent except in a few languages and not in the assumed root, Eg Gothic ARBJA.

If you could find where just BED, rather than ARBED is used for 'WORK' or similar, there might be a case...

Edited by The Puzzler

Interesting co-incidence.

Im thinking of agora but not sure how it fits into the language. Maybe 'court'.

Fiftian monatha nêi thêre lerste acht

Fifteen months after the last general assembly

acht is like ek

achte 9, ach-t-e, ach-t, afries., F.: nhd. Gericht (N.) (1), Gerichtshof, Urteilsvorschlag; ne. court (N.),

kor***, afries., Sb.: nhd. Entscheidung; ne. decision;

ie; where they chose Woden

(Done editing)

Yes i am liking agora as a linking word , the agora was also a meeting place , korum and ag(k)ora looks good to me

maybe with rum (space ) on the end.....agor-rum....any idea on the starting EK of ekkorum......

sorry just noticed your acht = ek possibility....also was not aware before that agora-phobia came from this wide public speaking/meeting place , a fear of large open spaces....mine would be a fear of public speaking at the agora , i get wobbly knees , and a stuttering voice

Edited by Passing Time

Yes i am liking agora as a linking word , the agora was also a meeting place , korum and ag(k)ora looks good to me

maybe with rum (space ) on the end.....agor-rum....any idea on the starting EK of ekkorum......

sorry just noticed your acht = ek possibility....also was not aware before that agora-phobia came from this wide public speaking/meeting place , a fear of large open spaces....mine would be a fear of public speaking at the agora , i get wobbly knees , and a stuttering voice

Oh yeah, agoraphobia.

I do like rum, but don't feel it works on the word.

Old English

Etymology

From Proto-Germanic *kuziz (“choice”).

Noun

cyre m

1. choice; free will; election

The UM on the end may denote a change in usage, like makes the kor a noun, verb, neuter or something but I don't know those rules properly just yet. Like décor - decorum.

Edited by The Puzzler

Oh yeah, agoraphobia.

I do like rum, but don't feel it works on the word.

Old English

Etymology

From Proto-Germanic *kuziz (“choice”).

Noun

cyre m

1. choice; free will; election

The UM on the end may denote a change in usage, like makes the kor a noun, verb, neuter or something but I don't know those rules properly just yet. Like décor - decorum.

ch and k have deffinately been exchange letters at some stage , so kuziz would have become chuziz ,or the other way

around from chuziz to kuziz ,chooses, c and s are obviously exchange letters too, choices.

ever noticed also in lots of cases a double letter anywhere often gets one of the letters changed to an silent h

have always wondered why this is ?? any ideas

ever noticed also in lots of cases a double letter anywhere often gets one of the letters changed to an silent h

have always wondered why this is ?? any ideas

Can you give an example or two?

Can you give an example or two?

Typically No....i have noticed it a few times and meant to mention it ....which is why it stuck in my mind.. but now i come to mention a few i cant think of them....will have to get back to you on that.

couple of questions if i can ask......the dates on the okke letter.....Thria thusand fivwer hundred and nivgon and fivwer ti goste jer..that is nei kersten reknong that twelf hundred sex and fifti goste jer......what is the goste bit ????

Hidde wrote from Liuwert.....Liko wrote from Liud.werd.....are we assuming this is the same place just diff spelling ??

Hidde spelled Thria , Liko spelled Thriu , Hidde spelled Hundred , Liko spelled Hondred......does Hidde's spelling seem more modern to you....so do we assume Liko wrote the first letter ...and Hiddes was added to the front page of his ??

also Liko says 803 years after the kristen bigrip....so do you take it as 803 AD , or just 803 years since the Roman pope sent his preachers ??

Edited by Passing Time

Typically No....i have noticed it a few times and meant to mention it ....which is why it stuck in my mind.. but now i come to mention a few i cant think of them....will have to get back to you on that.

couple of questions if i can ask......the dates on the okke letter.....Thria thusand fivwer hundred and nivgon and fivwer ti goste jer..that is nei kersten reknong that twelf hundred sex and fifti goste jer......what is the goste bit ????

Hidde wrote from Liuwert.....Liko wrote from Liud.werd.....are we assuming this is the same place just diff spelling ??

Hidde spelled Thria , Liko spelled Thriu , Hidde spelled Hundred , Liko spelled Hondred......does Hidde's spelling seem more modern to you....so do we assume Liko wrote the first letter ...and Hiddes was added to the front page of his ??

also Liko says 803 years after the kristen bigrip....so do you take it as 803 AD , or just 803 years since the Roman pope sent his preachers ??

goste is to do with gast or ghost/spirit but not sure how its used there exactly, its joined to fifty and forty so may be something to do with that - tvelfhvndred sex aend fiftigoste jêr. ~~~ fjvwertigoste jêr,

Same place, different spelling.

Yes, Hidde's is the most recent.

bigrip is like 'agreement' - so after the Christian agreement - Anna Domini it's translated as... I take it as 803 AD.

Thanks Puz........think there has to be more meaning for putting that word goste in the dates.....i keep thinking goste days

as in from all the earths upheavals into the atmosphere the sun never shone brightly.....ie from the ghostly days ?

or go stay (go(m) ste).(come to stay) ie they set the date from their first arrival in the land..ie the magi/finns 100 yrs after

atland sunk ....but then why use goste word in the cristen date???............not really happy with either thought

but cant see why it would be there without a good reason ??

not sure about bigrip either , ok i see in dictionary 'agreement' but also bigripa seize , catch,

as seperate words bi = be , and grip , gripa described as grip so i would translate as be gripped or be seized .

Edited by Passing Time

Thanks Puz........think there has to be more meaning for putting that word goste in the dates.....i keep thinking goste days

as in from all the earths upheavals into the atmosphere the sun never shone brightly.....ie from the ghostly days ?

or go stay (go(m) ste).(come to stay) ie they set the date from their first arrival in the land..ie the magi/finns 100 yrs after

atland sunk ....but then why use goste word in the cristen date???............not really happy with either thought

but cant see why it would be there without a good reason ??

not sure about bigrip either , ok i see in dictionary 'agreement' but also bigripa seize , catch,

as seperate words bi = be , and grip , gripa described as grip so i would translate as be gripped or be seized .

Still not sure about the goste meaning - however I did notice its also in official etymology:

fiftieth (adj.) Old English fifteogoða "fiftieth;" see fifty + -th (1). Compare Old Norse fimmtugande, and, with a different suffix, Old Frisian fiftichsta, Dutch vijftigste, Old High German fimfzugsto, German fünfzigste.

http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

I can also see it in Latin: In this same history, he also used another Latin term, anno sexagesimo

I found that BIGRIP can mean CONCEPT (understanding, comprehension)

Christian Concept - Anno Domini

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Begriff

http://en.wiktionary...ki/begrip#Dutch

On the continent of Europe, Anno Domini was introduced as the era of choice of the Carolingian Renaissance by Alcuin. Its endorsement by Emperor Charlemagne and his successors popularizing the use of the epoch and spreading it throughout the Carolingian Empire ultimately lies at the core of the system's prevalence. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Anno_Domini

Edited by The Puzzler

The goste, looking at the etymology says Old Frisian fiftiCHSTA = GHSTA = GOSTE

which means this goste might actually be found within ksta/ksta words.

cost, amount - I think this could be a very old way to denote an amount (of years, of time) a fifty amount of years

• Like 1

The Arctic Home in the Vedas...Page 184-185

....and could those who went to the Punjab already have been aware of ancient kinfolk who migrated from the arctic to India . or were they just natives of the Arctic who naturalised over the years into Indians , but wrote up their knowledge of the Arctic meteorology and astrology , which then entered Into Indian tradition.???

The oldest surviving Greek reference to the magi – from Greek μάγος (mágos, plural: magoi) – might be from 6th century BC Heraclitus (apud Clemens Protrepticus 12), who curses the magi for their "impious" rites and rituals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi

It may have been the actual Magi themselves, who had this arctic knowledge, then moved it into India with themselves as they established the Brahmin caste. A Median group, the Medes, anciently called Aryans, taken over by rival relatives, the Persians. It is my belief that the Medians, who had a priestly Magi caste are the same Aryan group that entered India. They also were to become Chaldeans. All these Magi men imo were not above controlling large groups of people with religion, just as the OLB says. They even turn up to announce the birth of Jesus. These men were important, wise and ancient and had learned to control the Kings and the masses everywhere.

According to Robert Charles Zaehner, in other accounts, "we hear of Magi not only in Persia, Parthia, Bactria, Chorasmia, Aria, Media, and among the Sakas, but also in non-Iranian lands like Samaria, Ethiopia, and Egypt. Their influence was also widespread throughout Asia Minor.

Victor H. Mair provides archaeological and linguistic evidence suggesting that Chinese (巫 "shaman; witch, wizard; magician", Old Chinese *myag) was a loanword from Old Persian *maguš "magician; magi".[7] He describes: The recent discovery at an early Chou site of two figurines with unmistakably Caucasoid or Europoid feature is startling prima facie evidence of East-West interaction during the first half of the first millennium Before the Current Era. It is especially interesting that one of the figurines bears on the top of his head the clearly incised graph which identifies him as a wu (< *myag).[7]

These figurines, which are dated circa 8th century BC, were discovered during a 1980 excavation of a Zhou Dynasty palace in Fufeng County, Shaanxi Province.

No other group of people is mentioned in ancient texts as knowing anything about astronomy either, only ever them.

Chaldean shepherds, ranging trackless fields,

Beneath the concave of unclouded skies

Spread like a sea, in boundless solitude

Looked on the polar star, as on a guide

And guardian of their course, that never closed his steadfast eye.

Wordsworth, in The Excursion (Book IV.)

Edited by The Puzzler

Something interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarchal_age

"...the Patriarchal age in the period 2100–1800 BC, the Intermediate Bronze Age, the interval between two periods of highly developed urban culture in ancient Canaan. Albright argued that he had found evidence of the sudden collapse of the previous Early Bronze Age culture, and ascribed this to the invasion of migratory pastoral nomads from the northeast whom he identified with the Amorites mentioned in Mesopotamian texts."

Note.

The "Heliand" is usually translated as "Heiland" (saviour), but in Oldfrisian it can literally mean "giving light": HEL.JÁND,

similar to OLB's HEL.LÉNJA (to lend light).

Note.

The "Heliand" is usually translated as "Heiland" (saviour), but in Oldfrisian it can literally mean "giving light": HEL.JÁND,

Oh no, don't start on HEL. It hurts my brain too much.

Note.

HEL is really CLEAR, even Sandbach has this word, Nyhellenia lent new and clear counsels.

HEL.LICHT clear light ie; the purest form

So I'm not too sure about your literal translations there..

Found this as the foreword of a book i have just started reading about the similarities of early Christianity and Magian Zoroastrianism,Zurvanism and Manichaeism......

"In the closing decade of the 16th Century a Dutch scholar named Callidius sent the Roman Catholic church reeling in dire panic, foreboding news had reached them that somebody was about to publish and circulate a book that drew a clear distinction between the Magi and people they had been identified with.....devil worshippers.....someone was about to break a long silence.

Motivated by what he saw as a travesty in his day, Callidius boldly advocated that the death penalty for maelific witches/wizards ought not to fall on certain members of the Magi. These Magi were the white witches/wizards, many of whom were devout Christians..but as a result of the inquisiatorial process were being branded as dark and satanic , and being sentenced to death accordingly...

.......by his estimation the inquisition was out of control.

What was more troubling was that Callidius had managed to get his writtings to Cologne , ready to be run through the printing presses, and destined for circulation.... but sensing the grave urgency, the Catholic Authorities apprehended Callidius and interdicted that his work should never be made public.....In 1593 AD he was arrested and imprisoned,

Callidius was hauled before the court, however once there he renounced his detestable book and beliefs...In the main the common man was oblivious to the magnitude of what was being ideologically buried that day , and what has now become arguably the most wilfully neglected era of European and Islamic history at a time when a dying religion had finally found a refuge in Europe "

i find that intriguing.....but i have googled Callidius , but can find nothing on a 16th Century Dutchman of this name..... anyone else know more of the story....or maybe the name is spelled wrongly ??

Edited by Passing Time

Something interesting: http://en.wikipedia....Patriarchal_age

"...the Patriarchal age in the period 2100–1800 BC, the Intermediate Bronze Age, the interval between two periods of highly developed urban culture in ancient Canaan. Albright argued that he had found evidence of the sudden collapse of the previous Early Bronze Age culture, and ascribed this to the invasion of migratory pastoral nomads from the northeast whom he identified with the Amorites mentioned in Mesopotamian texts."

We are told that Abraham came from Ur of the Chaldees (Mesopotamia ) and travelled to Harran , this Harran was the Holy City of the Chaldean Wizard/priests and was where his father lived with his second wife , they had a daughter Serai , and Lot , Abrahams son in law .(early bronze age :Harranu, Assyrian period : Haran, Bible: Carrhae , Islamic : Harran

early Christian period,Rom,Byz : Hellenopolis.)

The Amorites were called the MAR-TU by the Sumerians , Amurrum by the Akkadians, Amar by Egyptians , and Emori by the Hebrews,they were semitic speaking , and around 2400BC flooded out of Syria into Mesopotamia, this was

thought to have been because of a severe drought , and the nomadic Amorites were seeking pasturage for their vast flocks , they took over large parts of Mesopotamia , and started several new sites , notably Babylon , They are said to

have called themselves AMURRU , and this name also contained the name of their deity ( from OLB we have found V V =W Maybe N N = M, and AMU = ANNU or ANU or could even be a root of I-AM).....some think this drought/flood could be the wars

of Nimrod, it was the fall of the 3rd dynasty of ancient UR.

ancient sumerian and Akkadian texts say the Amurru had no grain, no house , no town , they dug up truffles , never bent the knee ( it is not known if this means never kneeled to cultivate , or never knelt to show respect to kings , or to worship )

who eat their meat raw, and who do not bury their dead( this could be because they were seen to lay bodies out to be de-fleshed by birds , this was also a practice of Chaldeans and the Magi. they later buried the bones )

Amorites are often described as of great stature , even sometimes called giants , Amorite King Og was called the last of the Rephaim (Deut 3:1), they are said to be the sons of Canaan, sons of Ham.( if this is correct then Abraham and his

family are not Amorites as his fathers were Terah, son of Nahor, son of Serug ,son of Arpachshad , son of shem ) King Og was said to have ruled in the land of two Kings.......King Sihon (Sion ) and Og (Bog is old name for God ) and these two kings are often linked to the Jebusites , the earlier occupants of Jerusalem.

An Indo-European Hypothesis once claimed that Amorites were a band of giants , who dominated over the early Israelites.

Houston-Stewart-Chamberlain claimed that both King David and Jesus were Amorites ( so to did the Nazi Alfred Rosenberg )

Why might they think this ?? :- Abraham came from UR of the Chaldees (presumably this means UR was Chaldean land at the time Abraham left it , he went to Harran , which was where his father was , which was the Holy city of the Chaldean Wizard priests of ancient UR, he migrated to Canaan at gods behest(Magi were considered devine ie..Gods) Amorites are the sons of Canaan,son of Ham ) ..then because of famine went to Egypt (notorious for their Magic )......and later returned to Canaan (the promised land ) then ruled by priest/King Melchizedek (literally Most Righteous ) who at that time ruled Salem (old name for Jerusalem ).....So if Canaan is Chaldee/Magi/ Amorite land, then Melchizedek is Chaldee/Magi/Amorite, and as Abraham came from UR to his father at Harran , the Holy City of Chaldean Magicians then he and his father are likely Amorites.

and quite possibly Magian Wizards

Later Jerusalem(old Salem) is said to be ruled by Adonizedek, and the Jebusites have lived here for many years, so Amorites and Jebusites are the same people ?. according to the bible Adonizedek is defeated in a great battle with Joshua's army and he is killed, (together with 4 other Amorite/Magi/Chaldee kings?) .....The Jebusites then regain Jerusalem...but King David once again re-takes the town, and orders the killing of all Jebusites....and builds a temple to house his God , who up till now has been resident in a tented Tabernacle, God is no longer a nomad, he lives in a stone temple.

So we are to believe the wizard priests are all dead.....but Hebrews 5 - 7 says " Christ did not take on himself the glory of being a high priest , but God said to him 'today you are become my son, and i have become your father, and you are now a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek ' .....during all the days of Jesus life he offered up prayers and tears, although he was a son, he was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek"( who was a Jebusite/Chaldean/Magi/Amorite royal priest king in whom the magi blood must have flowed because for the magi royalty was hereditary.

he was recognised as a priest of Melchizedek , not of Aaron , of a nation in Salem pre- David,and pre-the Mosaic nation

At his birth we know from the nativity there was Mary, Joseph , some shepherds , and Three Magi Priest Kings bearing expensive gifts, the three kings were there because they were expecting their own messiah called a Sraosha , and being

versed in astronomy had seen signs in the sky that indicater the Sraosha was about to be born , these three kings started out seperately but met up on the journey , one was said to be an Ethiopian, note, unlike Herod who did not even send a delegation to greet the messiah,they were priest kings who thought themselves divine incarnate angels , but they deemed his birth important enough to greet the child themselves,so why were they attending a jewish child , if the divine blood royal only flowed through Magian veins.

these three Magian Kings remains are now said to be in the Great Imperial Cathedral of Cologne in Germany ,why would they be in Germany...apart from OLB's Magi , there would be no previous connection with the Magi in Germany, even Josephus says that Jesus just had a few followers in his time , and was largely ignored by the jewish public ... but he overturned tables in the temple and raged against the priests of Yahweh , prophecying the destruction of the temple

at the time of his ministry the Sanhedrin called him a magician, and that although he was thought to perform miracles he had spent his youth in Egypt , and learnt the secret arts of the Magus wizards , with which he was now deceiving

the masses , his name became taboo , he was only mentioned as Na-Notzri , the hung man, the liar , that man , Absalon , Ben stada , and Ben Pandera.

Before the islamic invasion into Iran , so many Persian/medians had converted to become median christians that the new patriarch Karter , under various kings sought to eradicate them from the land , "as they had grown to such numbers

that they threatened the very existence of the orthodox zoroastrian religion in Iran.

what a travesty if Abraham and Jesus were Magian Amorites (Amore - god is love ) as it seems the whole world has anciently toiled to wipe them out....if this is the religion that finally fled to the end of the known world , to north west

Europe according to OLB.....and began to thrive again ,

until the arrival of the Roman Catholic Prestera.....and if the Magi brought with them their ancient writtings of the Gods (Goths) and Angels (Angles ) and of their great enemy Karter the patriarch who under three Persian Kings masterminded their destruction....especially if these old writtings were then turned by the Pape Kappe roman christian priests into a story of a hero called not Karter but King Arthur who fought for their so called truth, and christianity against heathens magicians and islam.

Edited by Passing Time

We are told that Abraham came from Ur of the Chaldees (Mesopotamia ) and travelled to Harran , this Harran was the Holy City of the Chaldean Wizard/priests and was where his father lived with his second wife , they had a daughter Serai , and Lot , Abrahams son in law .(early bronze age :Harranu, Assyrian period : Haran, Bible: Carrhae , Islamic : Harran

early Christian period,Rom,Byz : Hellenopolis.)

Call me Miss Picky but the Bible I have has Abraham with Sarah (Sarai) his half-sister/wife, his father Terah and Lot, Abrahams nephew, leave Ur (of the Chaldees) and head toward Haran, where they settled and where Terah died.

But I get your point and it's an interesting post and I'll probably have more to say as I go along.

Edited by The Puzzler

HEL is really CLEAR, even Sandbach has this word, Nyhellenia lent new and clear counsels.

HEL.LICHT clear light ie; the purest form

So I'm not too sure about your literal translations there..

Light or clarity:

HEL.JÁND - "giving clarity"

Call me Miss Picky but the Bible I have has Abraham with Sarah (Sarai) his half-sister/wife, his father Terah and Lot, Abrahams nephew, leave Ur (of the Chaldees) and head toward Haran, where they settled and where Terah died.

But I get your point and it's an interesting post and I'll probably have more to say as I go along.

..OK hi miss Picky.. :yes:......but you were right............Serai being his half sister/wife , and Lot being his Nephew.....and having re-read yes Terah was in UR with Abram.and they went to Harran.

must admit while i was reading the bible text i was maybe assuming more than i should..........but i was thinking his dead brothers name was Haran , and they are going to Harran .....so it's his brothers village/town , Haran is the chief ?

and that his brother had only just died, so they were going to sort out Harans affairs , and in median tradition Abraham married his dead brothers wife, so she has support for her, and for Lot......her son/his nephew (bad luck being the oldest brother.......Nahor gets his brothers two daughters , one of which he takes to wife .)

it says Haran died in the place of his nativity...UR of the chaldees....so presumably he was visiting his father when he died ???

it also says Sarai was barren.....So how did Lot happen ??

Edited by Passing Time

Light or clarity:

HEL.JÁND - "giving clarity"

OK, after pondering some on this, after noticing an OLB word for 'clear' klar, I rethought it - the Frisian dictionary has 'whole' for hel, so even though Sandbach has 'clear' and I also think 'clear' is acceptable, it's a bit like 'light' - in Frisian it's more likely to transfer through literally as 'whole'.

Nyhellenia - lent new and whole counsels

HEL.LICHT - whole light

HEL.JAND - HEL would be 'whole' - healthy, heal, safe, sound, well, good, genuine, complete - holy

JÁND/give'd

(Where is HEL.JAND in the text?)

Edited by The Puzzler

..OK hi miss Picky.. :yes:......but you were right............Serai being his half sister/wife , and Lot being his Nephew.....and having re-read yes Terah was in UR with Abram.and they went to Harran.

must admit while i was reading the bible text i was maybe assuming more than i should..........but i was thinking his dead brothers name was Haran , and they are going to Harran .....so it's his brothers village/town , Haran is the chief ?

and that his brother had only just died, so they were going to sort out Harans affairs , and in median tradition Abraham married his dead brothers wife, so she has support for her, and for Lot......her son/his nephew (bad luck being the oldest brother.......Nahor gets his brothers two daughters , one of which he takes to wife .)

it says Haran died in the place of his nativity...UR of the chaldees....so presumably he was visiting his father when he died ???

it also says Sarai was barren.....So how did Lot happen ??

Haran is a common name and word. (har meaning hill or mountain)

Harran the place was on the trade route to the Mediterranean, a merchant outpost even around 19th century BC, imo Haran as Abrahams brother is no connection to the place except a probable same etymology.

He dies in Ur before Abraham, Sarah, Terah and Haran's son Lot leave, hence why Lot goes with Abraham. I don't think Lot's mother is mentioned anywhere but even though I think it's fair to say, brothers married widowed wives, there is nothing to imply that Sarah is Lot's mother as the Bible includes references to her long period of childlessness.

~~~~~

HEL.LICHT holy light

Edited by The Puzzler

Nyhellenia - lent new and whole counsels

Ny - adjective - new

hel - noun - light, clarity

lénja - verb - provide, lend

Which part is council?

Council is an interpretation. It is not literally in the name.

HÉL in OLB is whole, very (Dutch: heel). With É, not E.

(Where is HEL.JAND in the text?)

It isn't. Read my initial post about it and follow the link.