Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Then you'll have to quote the rest too:

That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland, they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part. Therefore they were able to take possession of it without contest, and as they did no other harm, we would not make war about it. Now that we have learned to know them, we will describe their customs, and after that how matters went between us. They were not wild people, like most of Finda’s race; but, like the Egyptians, they have priests and also statues in their churches. The priests are the only rulers; they call themselves Magyars, and their headman Magy. He is high priest and king in one. The rest of the people are of no account, and in subjection to them. This people have not even a name; but we call them Finns,

Why?

It's 2 peoples who merged and then regrouped into 2 parties, the priestly caste control everyone. Nothing says they are one people who had always been Magy led.

One group may have come from the Urals area and been driven by another from further East, from shamanic yDNA N territory, who joined together on the way close to Germany, this is 100 years after the sinking of Aldland, plenty of time to establish new cultural changes.

Why?

It's 2 peoples who merged and then regrouped into 2 parties, the priestly caste control everyone. Nothing says they are one people who had always been Magy led.

One group may have come from the Urals area and been driven by another from further East, from shamanic yDNA N territory, who joined together on the way close to Germany, this is 100 years after the sinking of Aldland, plenty of time to establish new cultural changes.

The priests of the Finns (name given by the Fryans) are called Magiar.

The priests of the Jews are called Rabbis. Are the Jews and Rabbis two tribes??

The OLB even says that from that unknow other tribe nothing was ever heard of again, but that only the Finns with their priests (Magiar) arrived at their territory.

Edited by Abramelin

They had a 100 years time to travel from near the Himalaya to Twiskland, after their land submerged.

Now suppose this Aldland was located in the Atlantic, how would these Findas end up near the Himalaya? First they had to travel/sail around Africa, and then all the way to the Indus Valley, and then onwards to the Himalaya.

That sounds even more improbable.

I don't get your question.

The Findas folk lived from behind Twiskland to India from time eternal, since Finda was born imo. Like Lydas people probably lived in Africa since time began and so for Fryas folk in North Europe.

They didn't go there from anywhere, especially Aldland.

Aldland is somewhere within Findasland, but not nec. in the heart of Findasland.

The priest of the Finns (name given by the Fryans) are called Magiar.

The priest of the Jews are called Rabbis. Are the Jews and Rabbis two tribes??

It says a people came out of the East, this people was driven by another.

Clearly 2 people.

It's not so easy to distinguish if they are Magyar and Finns from the beginning or after they joined up - but what do you think? The 2 groups, one driving another were both combined of Magys and Finns, I hardly think so, seems more likely they were different groups that merged in Twiskland.

The priests are called Magy yes, but only after the groups had arrived. The shamans could have been a different Findas folk than the people of no account, but by the time they reached Fryan lands, they were rulers of them, hence we have a shamanic caste within ancient Finnish/Sami society with links to Lake Baikal a core shamanic area that may have been a completely different original culture to common folk.

Edited by The Puzzler

It says a people came out of the East, this people was driven by another.

Clearly 2 people.

It's not so easy to distinguish if they are Magyar and Finns from the beginning or after they joined up - but what do you think? The 2 groups, one driving another were both combined of Magys and Finns, I hardly think so, seems more likely they were different groups that merged in Twiskland.

Yes, TWO people of which ONE was never heard of again.

The people the Fryans eventually encountered had no name, and they called them Finns.

And the Magiar were their priests.

I don't get your question.

The Findas folk lived from behind Twiskland to India from time eternal, since Finda was born imo. Like Lydas people probably lived in Africa since time began and so for Fryas folk in North Europe.

They didn't go there from anywhere, especially Aldland.

Aldland is somewhere within Findasland, but not nec. in the heart of Findasland.

No, they only arrived east of Twiskland, a 100 years after the submergence of Aldland.

You don't get my question about what if Aldland was located in the Atlantic? Well, how would they eventually end up near the Himalaya? Or they traveled through the Med (not likely for that sea was controlled by the Fryans, if you believe the Med is the Middle Sea), or they traveled through the Sahara or the African jungles.... or, they sailed round Africa to the Indus Valley, and then onwards up the Indus.

=

It's clear to me that Frya = Europe, Lyda = Africa, and Finda = Asia.

"Vang" is the stem of the verb "vangen", which means 'to catch', 'to take', 'to capture'

"Ane" is the prefix of "aanvang", "aenvanc" "anevanc", and it's a adverb

Aanvang(en) and all it's alternative spellings: short meaning: seizure, to take something into possession

The meaning 'to begin' is possibly strengthened under the influence of German.

http://www.etymologi...efwoord/aanvang

http://gtb.inl.nl/iW...=VMNW&id=ID7403

yup was just looking at the same thing .....fang = share , fangere = a catcher , fangia = to catch , fangnisse = captivity

and also jeftha .....j-ef = gave , jeft = gift....... but eftha = afterwards, later, behind , left over . and tha = when , then , than...could jeftha be "i later" or "i afterwards"

From the Old Testament:

Fasta sêide.

Alle thinga, thêr maen anfangja wil, hoka thaet-aet môga wêsa, vppa tha dêi, thêr wy Frya heldgad haewa, tham skilun êvg falykant utkvma: nêidam tid nw biwysd heth thaet hju riucht hêde, sâ is thaet en êwa wrdon, thaet maen svnder nêd aend tvang a Frya hjra dêi nawet owers ni dva ne mêi, tha blyda fêrsta fyrja.

Sandbach:

FASTA SAID—

Anything that any man commences, whatever it may be, on the day appointed for Frya’s worship shall eternally fail, for time has proved that she was right; and it is become a law that no man shall, except from absolute necessity, keep that day otherwise than as a joyful feast.

-

Sabbath (as the verb shavath) is first mentioned in the Genesis creation narrative, where the seventh day is set aside as a day of rest and made holy by God (Genesis 2:2-3). Observation and remembrance of Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath

:P

Edited by Abramelin

Yes, TWO people of which ONE was never heard of again.

The people the Fryans eventually encountered had no name, and they called them Finns.

And the Magiar were their priests.

Maybe, either way, I don't see that Aldland has to be in India.

The Himmelaia area is only the HEART of Findasland, it does not mean Aldland is there imo. Findas folk are on the other side of Twiskland PRIOR to the bad time coming. Also when they came from the East they are in Twiskland. So, anywhere East of Twiskland could be Aldland. Anywhere East of Twiskland is Findasland and where Findas folk live. Anywhere East of the Aster Sea are Findas folk.

That is my main point, it's near 2am here, I'll continue tomorrow.

Maybe, either way, I don't see that Aldland has to be in India.

The Himmelaia area is only the HEART of Findasland, it does not mean Aldland is there imo. Findas folk are on the other side of Twiskland PRIOR to the bad time coming. Also when they came from the East they are in Twiskland. So, anywhere East of Twiskland could be Aldland. Anywhere East of Twiskland is Findasland and where Findas folk live. Anywhere East of the Aster Sea are Findas folk.

That is my main point, it's near 2am here, I'll continue tomorrow.

OK, but Aldland is somewhere in Asia, between Twiskland and the Himalaya and the Indus Valley.

From the Old Testament:

Fasta sêide.

Alle thinga, thêr maen anfangja wil, hoka thaet-aet môga wêsa, vppa tha dêi, thêr wy Frya heldgad haewa, tham skilun êvg falykant utkvma: nêidam tid nw biwysd heth thaet hju riucht hêde, sâ is thaet en êwa wrdon, thaet maen svnder nêd aend tvang a Frya hjra dêi nawet owers ni dva ne mêi, tha blyda fêrsta fyrja.

Sandbach:

FASTA SAID—

Anything that any man commences, whatever it may be, on the day appointed for Frya’s worship shall eternally fail, for time has proved that she was right; and it is become a law that no man shall, except from absolute necessity, keep that day otherwise than as a joyful feast.

-

Sabbath (as the verb shavath) is first mentioned in the Genesis creation narrative, where the seventh day is set aside as a day of rest and made holy by God (Genesis 2:2-3). Observation and remembrance of Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath

:P

I have no idea again what your point is here but I thought Fryas day was Friday.

"Monday, I got Friday on my mind" - pretty much a party day.

Anyway, I'm going to bed.

OK, but Aldland is somewhere in Asia, between Twiskland and the Himalaya and the Indus Valley.

Yes.

"The Finns come from Aldland." No, the Findas come from Aldland.

-1- According to the OLB the "Hindoo" claimed that Finda came from near the Himalaya.

-2- Aldland was the homeland of the Finda.

-3- After Aldland submerged, the Finda came from the east

-4- Hindu - Finda - Bovinda

The only thing against it is Inka going to the west to find remnants of Aldland, while Teunis goes to the east to enter the Middle Sea.

+++

EDIT:

It should be Govinda:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govinda

"protector of cows"

so inka went to where the red indians were , acc to layamon the knights that came from the north often had a red hide or cloth on their shields,a rothschilde , i was reading " the northmen , columbus and Cabot " the other week , and it was saying many of the early explorers called America , India by mistake Edited by NO-ID-EA

In saying yes, it doesn't really explain where Inka went. I get the go West to India thing. I'm too tired to think anymore on it tonight though.

so inka went to where the red indians were , acc to layamon the knights that came from the north often had a red hide or cloth on their shields,a rothschilde , i was reading " the northmen , columbus and Cabot " the other week , and it was saying many of the early explorers called America , India by mistake

Abe will tell you that's what the OLB writers intended, that we see Inka as landing in America, which does seem to be what's going on, but it's so complex, something's not right somewhere.

West Indies is so named because yes, Columbus thought he'd reached India.

Edited by The Puzzler

so inka went to where the red indians were , acc to layamon the knights that came from the north often had a red hide or cloth on their shields,a rothschilde , i was reading " the northmen , columbus and Cabot " the other week , and it was saying many of the early explorers called America , India by mistake

That was what I once suggested: that Inka, like Columbus, traveled to the west to find the Old Land, just like Columbus did.

According to Columbus SE Asia was the location of the old/former Paradise, Garden of Eden.

++

Puzz, do you remember I once posted a screenshot of a page from an online book about Columbus? It was about Columbus looking for Paradise in SE Asia, one of his more hidden motives for crossing the Atlantic.

Can't find the damn pic or post.

Edited by Abramelin

That was what I once suggested: that Inka, like Columbus, traveled to the west to find the Old Land, just like Columbus did.

According to Columbus SE Asia was the location of the old/former Paradise, Garden of Eden.

You try to interconnect different stories with a different background:

1. Frisian background: Aldland must be the former Frisia. Apparently only Texel remained.

2. Classical background: Aldland has been connected with Atlantis, the unknown land beyond the Pillars of Hercules, Inka was looking for.

3. Biblical background: The great flood wich submerged the Frisian Aldland is connected with the biblical flood as is stated by the year 2193 BC.

4. Mythological background: Gods are born from mountains. so did Finda.

You try to interconnect different stories with a different background:

1. Frisian background: Aldland must be the former Frisia. Apparently only Texel remained.

2. Classical background: Aldland has been connected with Atlantis, the unknown land beyond the Pillars of Hercules, Inka was looking for.

3. Biblical background: The great flood wich submerged the Frisian Aldland is connected with the biblical flood as is stated by the year 2193 BC.

4. Mythological background: Gods are born from mountains. so did Finda.

-1- I have never suggested that Aldland was the former Frisia or IN former Frisia. That was suggested by others, those who thought that Aldland was Doggerland, the area of the present North Sea.

-2- Inka wanted to go look for any remnants of Aldland. Yes, of course the writers of the OLB suggested with that story that Inka set out for Atlantis. But somehow two very different stories - or better, suggestions - ended up in the OLB. One for Aldland in Asia/near the Himalaya, the other to the west of the Mediterranean. That's why I think the OLB was written by at least two people, and maybe three, the third being a lousy editor.

-3- And that is right: in the 19th century there were those who believed that the Flood had taken place in the Tarim Basin and the Pamir Plateau. The date for the Biblical Flood that supposedly took place there was 2345 BCE (the Tarim basin plus the Gobi desert were thought to be the relicts of an ancient Asian inland sea that once tilted like a bath tub during heavy earthquakes, and flooded the Pamir plateau) .

According to some Frisian Bible scholars the date of the Flood was 2194 BCE, and that's the date used in the OLB.

-4- It was not my intention to hint at those myths about mountains, but yes, you are right. I have also thought of Mount Meru from ancient Indian (Hindu) legends:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mount_Meru

Edited by Abramelin

-1- I have never suggested that Aldland was the former Frisia or IN former Frisia. That was suggested by others, those who thought that Aldland was Doggerland, the area of the present North Sea.

-2- Inka wanted to go look for any remnants of Aldland. Yes, of course the writers of the OLB suggested with that story that Inka set out for Atlantis. But somehow two very different stories - or better, suggestions - ended up in the OLB. One for Aldland in Asia/near the Himalaya, the other to the west of the Mediterranean. That's why I think the OLB was written by at least two people, and maybe three, the third being a lousy editor.

-3- And that is right: in the 19th century there were those who believed that the Flood had taken place in the Tarim Basin and the Pamir Plateau. The date for the Biblical Flood that supposedly took place there was 2345 BCE (the Tarim basin plus the Gobi desert were thought to be the relicts of an ancient Asian inland sea that once tilted like a bath tub during heavy earthquakes, and flooded the Pamir plateau) .

According to some Frisian Bible scholars the date of the Flood was 2194 BCE, and that's the date used in the OLB.

-4- It was not my intention to hint at those myths about mountains, but yes, you are right. I have also thought of Mount Meru from ancient Indian (Hindu) legends:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mount_Meru

Thanks. A funny idea that the OLB had a lousy editor. I dit not understand your 1. about Aldland. OLB writes '... years since Aldland has sunken'. In my opinion this suggests that the Aldland has been Frisian territory. When the Frisians returned from the Middle East people went back to their former lands and cities or had to find a new place like the Gertmanna, who founded Grenega. So Aldland would include the known Frisian territory, probably as a vast land including the Frisian islands.as shown on the Schetskaart by J.G. Ottema. I don't think the Doggersbank was part of the former Frisian territory.

post-115881-0-61700200-1366580031_thumb.

Edited by Knul

"Wralda is the origin or beginning."

Seems so simple.

i have had a few drinks by now so dont take anything as gospel ( good-spel ) but wr-alda was the one that threw the rock in the pool of water, everything else happened as a mater of course .

++

Puzz, do you remember I once posted a screenshot of a page from an online book about Columbus? It was about Columbus looking for Paradise in SE Asia, one of his more hidden motives for crossing the Atlantic.

Can't find the damn pic or post.

I was going to ask you what evidence do you have of Columbus thinking that SE Asia was Paradise/Eden...

But now that you say it, I do recall you putting up a text page once, I'm not sure it was on that topic but if you think you did, I think you probably did. I'll have a look what I can find.

Edited by The Puzzler

Page 347 : Northmen , Columbus and Cabot .

These are the words of the Admiral ......." The people here are of very handsome stature , and all uniformly large , they are whiter than any others we have seen so

far , ( and by this time , this is his 3rd voyage ) in these indies , and that many are as white as we are , with better hair , well cut , and of very good speech."

........" No lands in the world can be more green and beautiful , or more populated , and the temperature is cool , even though we are on the equinoctal line , the sea is

fresh ,...THEY call this land Paria "..........is this a shortening of the name Paradisia ?........and note Columbus says They call this land Paria

in 15 th C papal decrees about the new found land it is called Gardeg.

Edited by NO-ID-EA

I was going to ask you what evidence do you have of Columbus thinking that SE Asia was Paradise/Eden...

But now that you say it, I do recall you putting up a text page once, I'm not sure it was on that topic but if you think you did, I think you probably did. I'll have a look what I can find.

It was in this thread, part -1- . Maybe I'll try a Google search for the online book itself.

Thanks. A funny idea that the OLB had a lousy editor. I dit not understand your 1. about Aldland. OLB writes '... years since Aldland has sunken'. In my opinion this suggests that the Aldland has been Frisian territory. When the Frisians returned from the Middle East people went back to their former lands and cities or had to find a new place like the Gertmanna, who founded Grenega. So Aldland would include the known Frisian territory, probably as a vast land including the Frisian islands.as shown on the Schetskaart by J.G. Ottema. I don't think the Doggersbank was part of the former Frisian territory.

When the OLB talks about the destruction of Aldland, it says that it was the homeland of the Finda,and that is was "far away, and thus they had no need to wage war against the Finda" .

So it cannot be in Frisian territory or in the North Sea area.

He also rationalized that the new continent of South America was the "Earthly Paradise" that was located "at the end of the Orient". Thus, it remains unclear what his true beliefs were.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus

Terra Cognita: The Mental Discovery of America

Eviatar Zerubavel / 2003 edition

http://books.google.nl/books?id=YkLCiKN0x4UC&pg=PA90&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

If you read parts of the book, you'll understand that what he thought was SE Asia was "the "Earthly Paradise".

Page 347 : Northmen , Columbus and Cabot .

These are the words of the Admiral ......." The people here are of very handsome stature , and all uniformly large , they are whiter than any others we have seen so

far , ( and by this time , this is his 3rd voyage ) in these indies , and that many are as white as we are , with better hair , well cut , and of very good speech."

........" No lands in the world can be more green and beautiful , or more populated , and the temperature is cool , even though we are on the equinoctal line , the sea is

fresh ,...THEY call this land Paria "..........is this a shortening of the name Paradisia ?........and note Columbus says They call this land Paria

in 15 th C papal decrees about the new found land it is called Gardeg.

The people Columbus met called their island (which wasn't an island) "Paria" :

ORIGINAL NARRATIVES OF EARLY AMERICAN HISTORY

THE NORTHMEN, COLUMBUS AND CABOT

985-1503

“No lands in the world can be more green and beautiful or more populated; moreover the temperature since I have been in this island,” says he, “is, I say, cool enough each morning for a lined gown, although it is so near the equinoctial line; the sea is however fresh. They called the island Paria.” All are the words of the Admiral. He called the mainland an island, however, because so he believed it to be.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18571/18571-h/18571-h.htm

The Admiral says that he was astonished at the bad weather he encountered in the region of these islands. In the Indies he had navigated throughout the winter without the necessity for anchoring, and always had fine weather, never having seen the sea for a single hour in such a state that it could not be navigated easily. But among these islands he had suffered from such terrible storms. The same had happened in going out as far as the Canary Islands, but as soon as they were passed there was always fine weather, both in sea and air. In concluding these remarks, he observes that the sacred theologians and wise men [248-1] said well when they placed the terrestrial paradise in the Far East, because it is a most temperate region. Hence these lands that he had now discovered must, he says, be in the extreme East.

[248-1 That the site of the Garden of Eden was to be found in the Orient was a common belief in the Middle Ages and later. Cf. the Book of Sir John Mandeville, ch. XXX.]

-

Returning to the journey, Friday, August 17, he went 37 leagues, the sea being smooth, “to God our Lord,” he says, “may infinite thanks be given.” He says that not finding islands now, assures him that that land from whence he came is a vast mainland, or where the Earthly Paradise is, “be[365]cause all say that it is at the end of the east, and this is the Earthly Paradise,”365-1 says he.

[365-1 Cf. the letter on the Third Voyage, Major, Select Letters of Columbus, p. 140, for Columbus’s reasoning and beliefs about the Earthly Paradise or Garden of Eden; for Las Casas’s discussion of the question, see Historia de las Indias, II. 275-306.]

+++

I assume that you made a typo when you wrote "Gardeg"? Should be "Garden", right?