Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

It may sound like "my kin" but it means "Yah establishes".

Which reminds me, do you have the link on hand to the Frisian Dictionary we use? I can't find it anywhere and lost everything on my computer last week.

http://koeblergerhar...rieswbhinw.html

Ah, I see you already found it.

Here's the English version from the same site:

http://www.koeblerge...h/ne-afries.pdf

And I think you know of this one:

A grammar of the Old Friesic language (1887) - Cummins, Adley H. (Adley Hooke), 1850-1889

http://archive.org/d...u31924074297270

Here's a useful one, though it's not a dictionary:

THE FRISIAN LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE: A HISTORICAL STUDY.

By W.T.Hewett, 1879

I have downloaded it long ago, but I can't seem to find the link to a site where you can downlad it.

And most others are either in Dutch or in German:

Altfriesisches Lesebuch mit Grammatik und Glossar (1903)

http://archive.org/details/altfriesischesle00heusuoft

Edited by Abramelin

So you donot know that the greatest discoveries ever made were the result of 'playing'?!

:D HAHAHA!

Yeah, but not here by a mere play with words, lol.

Which reminds me, do you have the link on hand to the Frisian Dictionary we use? I can't find it anywhere and lost everything on my computer last week.

Puzz, maybe you should install "PageZipper". If you do that you can search the whole first part of this thread as though it's one single page, and retreive what you've lost (links and pics and all that).

+++

EDIT:

I think I will create one page on my OLB blog with only links to online Old Frisian dictionaries and grammars.

Edited by Abramelin

14 x Aldland / Atland

in 5 spelling varieties and mostly used to designate year

varieties with fragment numbers as used below:

ÁTLAND - 1, 4, 7, 8, 13

ÁT.LAND - 6, 14

total "ÁT-": 7x

ALDLAND - 11, 12

ÁLDLAND - 3, 10

ALD.LAND - 2, 5, 9

total "ALD-" or "ÁLD-": 7x

Note:

Of these 7 times with "LD-", Ottema and Sandbach translated as "Atland" 4 times.

This stresses the relation to Plato's Atlantis, while it hides the meaning, "old-land".

The word is used for designation of year or era in fragments: 1, 5, 8 to 14 = 9 x out of 14.

So the remaining fragments that might tell us something about what or where this land or island was are 2, 3, 4 and 6, 7.

I would not rule out the possibility, that for some people (and thus authors) "ALDLAND" might simply have ment "old land", that is: all land that disappeared as a result of the disaster, or: all land before the big flood.

Fragments with Ottema & Sandbach translations

1. [00a/16] Hidde Oer-a Linda

NÉI ÁTLAND SVNKEN IS. THÀT THRJA THUSOND.FJVWER HVNDRED ÀND NJUGON ÀND FJVWERTIGOSTE JÉR

[O+S p.3]

nadat Atland verzonken is, het drie duizend vier honderd negen en veertigste jaar

in the three thousand four hundred and forty-ninth year after Atland was submerged

2. [021/16] Orlochs-éwa

HJARA MODER.S BÀRTA.LÁND. MIT NOMA ALD.LAND THAT NW VNDER.NE SÉ LÉITH

[O+S p.33]

hun moeders geboorteland, met name Aldland, dat nu in zee ligt

their native land, which was called Aldland, and is now submerged

3. + 4. [049/25] Ho àrge-tid kém

ÁLDLAND. TRVCH THA STJURAR ÁTLAND HÉTEN SVNK NÍTHER

[O+S p.71]

Aldland, door de zeelieden Atland geheeten, zonk neder

Aldland, called by the seafaring people, Atland, disappeared [sank nether]

5. [050/31] Ho Mágjara kémen

100 ÀND 1 JÉR NÉI THAT ALD.LAND SVNKEN IS

[O+S p.73]

100 en 1 jaar nadat Aldland gezonken is

One hundred and one years after the submersion of Aldland

6. [057/17] Tunis and Inka

INKA MÉNDE THAT.ER BY.SKIN WEL EN HACH DÉL FON ÁT.LAND BY WÍSA FON É.LAND VRBILÉWEN SKOLDE WÉSA

[O+S p.81]

Inka meende dat er misschien wel een hooggelegen deel van Atland, bij wijze van eiland, zoude overgebleven wezen

Inka thought that perchance some high-lying part of Atland might remain as an island

7. [058/02] Tunis and Inka

THA ÁTLAND SVNKEN IS. WAS.T.INNA MIDDEL SÉ RA OWERA ÁK ÀRG TO GVNGEN

[O+S p.81]

Toen het Atland verzonken is, was het aan de oevers der Middellandsche zee ook erg toegegaan

When Atland was submerged there was much suffering also on the shores of the Mediterranean

8. [058/20] Tunis and Inka

THAT WÉRE 100 ÀND 93 JÉR NÉI ÁTLAND SVNKEN IS

[O+S p.83]

dat was 193 jaren nadat Atland gezonken is

[that was] one hundred and ninety-three years after Atland was submerged

9. [062/08] Kàlta and Min-erva

563 JÉR NÉI ALD.LAND SVNKEN IS

[O+S p.87]

563 jaar nadat Atland [Aldland] verzonken is

Five hundred and sixty-three years after the submersion of Atland [Aldland]

10. [075/08] Ulysus

AN THA JÉRA 1000 ÀND 5 NÉI ÁLDLAND SVNKEN IS

[O+S p.105]

In het jaar 1005 nadat Atland [Aldland] gezonken is

In the Year One Thousand and Five after Atland [Aldland] was submerged

11. [079/13] Déna-marka vrléren

1600 ÀND 2 JÉR NÉI ALDLAND VRGVNGEN IS

[O+S p.111]

1602 jaren nadat Atland [Aldland] was verzonken

1602 years after the submersion of Atland [Aldland]

12. [083/22] Déna-marka vrléren

VNDERA TÍDUM THAT ALDLAND SVNKEN IS. STAND THJU FORMA SPÉKE FON THET JOL AN TOP

[O+S p.115]

In de tijden, dat Atland [Aldland] verzonken is, stond de eerste spaak van het Juul in top

At the time of the submersion of Atland [Aldland], the first spoke of the Juul stood at the top

13. [136/08] Jes-us fon Kasamir

16 WÁRA 100 JÉR LÉDEN IS ÁTLAND SVNKEN

[O+S p.185]

Zestien honderd jaren geleden is Atland gezonken

Sixteen hundred years ago, Atland was submerged

14. [141/20] Jes-us fon Kasamir

FJUWER THUSAND JÉR NÉI ÁT.LAND SVNKEN IS

[O+S p.191]

vierduizend jaren nadat Atland verzonken is

4000 years after the submersion of Atland

Edited by Otharus

Were it just errors, changing 'Aldland' for 'Atland', or was it intended to , like you said, make it look more like Plato's 'Atlantis'?

You said:

"I would not rule out the possibility, that for some people (and thus authors) "ALDLAND" might simply have ment "old land", that is: all land that disappeared as a result of the disaster, or: all land before the big flood."

But from the OLB one can learn that Aldland was the homeland of the Finda (and the Finda only), or in other words: it was a specific area, and not all the land that got submerged in the 2194 BC event.

And about where it was located: as I have repeated ad nauseum by now, lol, it was too far away from Fryan territory to cause them any headaches. So that rules out anything in the North Sea for that is much too close for a seafaring people as the Fryans were supposed to be (who lived on the European mainland). We both know that it is generally accepted that Aldland was what others nowadays call Doggerland, or the former dry bed of the North Sea, and that can simply not be true if we follow the OLB narrative.

In êra tyda hêmadon Findas folk mêst algadur invr hjara moders baerta-lând, mit nôma ald-lând that nw vnder-ne sê lêith; hja wêron thus fêr-of, thêrvmbe nêdon wi âk nên orloch.

In early times most of Findas people lived together in their Mother's (= their Mother was Finda) land of birth which was called Aldland, and is now submerged. They were thus far away, and we had no wars.

Edited by Abramelin

But from the OLB one can learn that Aldland was the homeland of the Finda (and the Finda only), or in other words: it was a specific area, and not all the land that got submerged in the 2194 BC event.

That is only fragment 2 of my post (page 21, line 16 of the manuscript), the introduction to the war-laws. The author of that fragment suggests to know where Finda was born, but she was a mythological mother, like Frya and Lyda. There may have been women with those names, but the OLB-story about the three mothers is obviously myth or poetic fiction. The intro-fragment basically says that before Aldland sank, there was no war with the Finda people, so they did not need laws about war.

You assume that the OLB was written by one author in one time and place. I believe that the various texts were written by different authors in different times and places. Therefore, IMO, what is said about Aldland does not have to be consistent.

The book was supposedly compiled firstly in the 6th C. BCE, that is some 1600 after Aldland sank.

Now think of how various authors wrote about our year zero in the 17th century. What is historic, what is myth, what is pure fiction?

We both know that it is generally accepted that Aldland was what others nowadays call Doggerland, or the former dry bed of the North Sea, and that can simply not be true if we follow the OLB narrative.

No, I don't know if that is what is generally accepted. I think it is also plausible to consider the possibility that people may have referred with Aldland/ Atland/ Atlantis to a lost continent in the Atlantic Ocean. This would agree more with Inka's story.

Again: I don't think every author of the various texts in the OLB may have had the same idea of what and where A. was.

Edited by Otharus

That is only fragment 2 of my post (page 21, line 16 of the manuscript), the introduction to the war-laws. The author of that fragment suggests to know where Finda was born, but she was a mythological mother, like Frya and Lyda. There may have been women with those names, but the OLB-story about the three mothers is obviously myth or poetic fiction. The intro-fragment basically says that before Aldland sank, there was no war with the Finda people, so they did not need laws about war.

You assume that the OLB was written by one author in one time and place. I believe that the various texts were written by different authors in different times and places. Therefore, IMO, what is said about Aldland does not have to be consistent.

The book was supposedly compiled firstly in the 6th C. BCE, that is some 1600 after Aldland sank.

Now think of how various authors wrote about our year zero in the 17th century. What is historic, what is myth, what is pure fiction?

No, I don't know if that is what is generally accepted. I think it is also plausible to consider the possibility that people may have referred with Aldland/ Atland/ Atlantis to a lost continent in the Atlantic Ocean. This would agree more with Inka's story.

Again: I don't think every author of the various texts in the OLB may have had the same idea of what and where A. was.

You may (no, I'm certain) know that I changed Sandbach's translation somewhat: he translated "hjara moders baerta-lând" into "their native land". But that is not what the text says: it really says, "their Mother's land of birth", and it would seem logical to assume that that Mother was Finda, the mythical Mother of the Finda people. This 'Mother' may be mythical, but that they lived in a specific area still stands.

You said:

"The intro-fragment basically says that before Aldland sank, there was no war with the Finda people, so they did not need laws about war."

That is your interpretation, but this is what the text says: "They were thus far away, and we had no need for wars".

It may be clear from the OLB that the Fryans and Findas were not close friends, amd most times real enemies. When is there often a 'need for war'? That's when your enemy lives nearby. Well, the Finda didn't live nearby, so that leaves out anything near Fryan territory, including the North Sea.

==

I don't think the OLB was written by one person, whether it is a true ancient chronicle or a forgery.

If it was a chronicle, then of course more members of the family must have added to the chronicle throughout the ages.

==

Back to Aldland: in the story about Friso we read that the Finda in the Punjab/Kashmir area said that their homeland was near the Himalaya. So I reasoned that that homeland may have been the Pamir plateau, an area which even in the 19th century was considered to be the place where Eden was once located. Combine that with another ancient theory about the Tarim Basin having been an inland sea that flooded the Pamir plateau in 2345 BC (according to some Bible scholars) and things start to be more clear.

This Pamir plateau must have been far away from Fryan territory, which was Europe.

The problem is Inka's story: when Nef Tunis entered the Middle Sea, he went into the opposite direction, looking for remnants of Aldland. That suggests, of course, that Aldland must have been somewhere in the Atlantic. But combine that with the official story about Columbus and it becomes clear again: Columbus wanted to discover a western route to Asia.... the Old Land.

++++++

EDIT:

With 'generally accepted' I meant: everywhere on the internet, when they talk about the OLB, they always say Aldland was in the North Sea.

Edited by Abramelin

It may sound like "my kin" but it means "Yah establishes".

Until you are really sure yourself what it means, it's probably not a good example. I can only see this guy has the Ja as Yah (for Yahweh) - Yah sounds alot like Wr too, as in Wralda.

Your website links says this: The secret is this: The Jachin pillar (meaning Yah establishes) is King Solomon, and the Boazpillar (meaning strength) is King David. And these two were Israel’s most illustrious kings and also the ones mostly responsible for planning and/or building the Jewish Temple. Both kings are messianic figures. All that follows is explanatory.

The scholarly opinion, seems generally agreed that Jachin means establish.

Your link.

Edited by The Puzzler

It may be clear from the OLB that he Fryans and Findas were not close friends, and most times real enemies. When is there often a 'need for war'? That's when your enemy lives nearby. Well, the Finda didn't live nearby, so that leaves out anything near Fryan territory, including the North Sea.

That is strange logic. They are enemies in the OLB, because they had wars since the Magí invaded Skénland (100 years after Aldland sank). If before that they had no wars, they were not enemies, whether they lived far away or closeby. If they had no wars why would they have been enemies?

Anyway, my statement still stands:

I would not rule out the possibility, that for some people (and thus authors) "ALDLAND" might simply have ment "old land", that is: all land that disappeared as a result of the disaster, or: all land before the big flood.

Similar to É-MUDE, meaning the mouth of a river; does not have to be limited to one geographic location.

Edited by Otharus

Until you are really sure yourself what it means, it's probably not a good example. I can only see this guy has the Ja as Yah (for Yahweh) - Yah sounds alot like Wr too, as in Wralda.

Your website links says this: The secret is this: The Jachin pillar (meaning Yah establishes) is King Solomon, and the Boazpillar (meaning strength) is King David. And these two were Israel’s most illustrious kings and also the ones mostly responsible for planning and/or building the Jewish Temple. Both kings are messianic figures. All that follows is explanatory.

The scholarly opinion, seems generally agreed that Jachin means establish.

Even your quote contradicts you: it means YAH establishes.

You may (no, I'm certain) know that I changed Sandbach's translation somewhat: he translated "hjara moders baerta-lând" into "their native land". But that is not what the text says: it really says, "their Mother's land of birth", and it would seem logical to assume that that Mother was Finda, the mythical Mother of the Finda people. This 'Mother' may be mythical, but that they lived in a specific area still stands.

You said:

"The intro-fragment basically says that before Aldland sank, there was no war with the Finda people, so they did not need laws about war."

That is your interpretation, but this is what the text says: "They were thus far away, and we had no need for wars".

It may be clear from the OLB that the Fryans and Findas were not close friends, amd most times real enemies. When is there often a 'need for war'? That's when your enemy lives nearby. Well, the Finda didn't live nearby, so that leaves out anything near Fryan territory, including the North Sea.

It's mentioned that the Fryan territory was separated by Twiskland, of which on the other side, was Finda's people...so if that is Germany, that is rather close imo. The beasts in the Twiskland kept out the Finda's people....

Even your quote contradicts you: it means YAH establishes.

No, my point is this guy says it means this - it doesn't actually prove it is what it means. I quoted it to show where you got it from.

That is strange logic. They are enemies the OLB, because they had wars since the Magí invaded Skénland (100 years after Aldland sank). If before that they had no wars, they were not enemies, whether they lived far away or closeby. If they had no wars why would they have been enemies?

Anyway, my statement still stands:

Similar to É-MUDE, meaning the mouth of a river; does not have to be limited to one geographic location.

First: if Aldland meant nothing but the old land, then where is the article before Aldland? They never use it, so it's a name not just all the old land that submerged.

Second: the OLB clearly said that the Finda lived too far away, and thus the Fryans did not NEED to wage wars against them. >> Far away: no need to wage wars / Nearby: a need to wage wars.

Edited by Abramelin

Huh?!

How would you say it?

Yah (yar)

Wr (wahr as in yard)

To me, the pronounciations are the same.

It's mentioned that the Fryan territory was separated by Twiskland, of which on the other side, was Finda's people...so if that is Germany, that is rather close imo. The beasts in the Twiskland kept out the Finda's people....

Yes, the Finda came from the east and didn't want to cross the dangerous forests. The point here is, how large was Twiskland?

Did it include Russia, like Alewyn suggested? I don't think so because the Russian steppes are not known to be densily forested.

But did it include Poland and the Balkan?

====

I now am quite sure that the Fryans did not occupy most of Europe, as is suggested by many writers.

It was the south coasts of the Baltic, southern Sweden and Norway, north and west Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, and Belgium.

Germanic_tribes.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

How would you say it?

Yah (yar)

Wr (wahr as in yard)

To me, the pronounciations are the same.

I don't think YAH is pronounced like YAR, lol. The -H- in YAH is that gutteral sound non-Semites, non-Scots and non-Dutch sort of hate.

I don't think YAH is pronounced like YAR, lol. The -H- in YAH is that gutteral sound non-Semites, non-Scots and non-Dutch sort of hate.

Whatever or however you want to say it, I think Yahweh and Wralda are the same.

Whatever or however you want to say it, I think Yahweh and Wralda are the same.

That's another story.

But they are not etymologically related.

That's another story.

But they are not etymologically related.

I don't know the precise etymologies of either one, do you?

Biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only, meaning that the name of God is written YHWH. The original pronunciation of this word was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh.[7] The evidence also suggests that it is the shortened form of a sentence used in worship, and meant "he causes to be" or "he creates".[7] Most likely the original sentence was el du yahwi seba'ot, "el who creates the hosts", meaning the heavenly army accompanying the god El as he marched out beside the earthly armies of Israel.[7].

As the origins of Yahweh seem to lie to the southeast of Israel, in Edom and Midian or even further, an alternative explanation looks for the source of the name in South Semitic languages like Arabic rather than in Hebrew, which is West Semitic. One of the meanings of HWY in Arabic is connected with falling or causing to fall, leading to an interpretation of Yahweh as a storm god whose name means "He who causes to fall" (meaning rain, lightning, and his enemies) or "He storms". This helps explain Yahweh's attributes as a storm god (he comes to rescue Israel surrounded by darkness and thick clouds, and the earth trembles, the clouds drop water, and the mountains quake at his appearance), and the way he appropriates attributes from the rival storm god Baal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

I did not say the whole word either, I said the first parts of both words - yah and WR.

You all not seeing it?

Hail to all the well-intentioned children of Frya! Through them the earth shall become holy. Learn and announce to the people Wr-alda is the ancient of ancients, for he created all things. Wr-alda is all in all, for he is eternal and everlasting. Wr-alda is omnipresent but invisible, and therefore is called a spirit. All that we can see of him are the created beings who come to life through him and go again, because from Wr-alda all things proceed and return to him. Wr-alda is the beginning and the end. Wr-alda is the only almighty being, because from him all other strength comes, and returns to him. Therefore he alone is the creator, and nothing exists without him.

We are seeing there is no etymological relationship between the two names, and that is what you are trying to establish..

Maybe you try it with Wakan Tanka? That's a creator god too.

First: if Aldland meant nothing but the old land, then where is the article before Aldland?

They never use it, so it's a name not just all the old land that submerged.

I did not say ALDLAND means "the old land", it simply means "old land".

Just like "Op-Dijk" or "Oost-Eind" can be anywhere, so can "Old-Land".

Forgot this post about the 'Aldland' at nowaday Den Helder? (with and without article)

'ALDLAND' in North-Holland (Den Helder)

On maps in this post, in order of appearance:

't oude Lant ~ 1657

Het Oude Landt ~ 1699

Oude Lan ~ 1750

Oude Land ~ 1792

Het Oude Land ~ 1793

Yes, the Finda came from the east and didn't want to cross the dangerous forests. The point here is, how large was Twiskland?

Did it include Russia, like Alewyn suggested? I don't think so because the Russian steppes are not known to be densily forested.

But did it include Poland and the Balkan?

====

I now am quite sure that the Fryans did not occupy most of Europe, as is suggested by many writers.

It was the south coasts of the Baltic, southern Sweden and Norway, north and west Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, and Belgium.

Germanic_tribes.jpg

If Finda's people were on the other side of Twiskland - why can't Aldland be there?

On one side we were bounded by Wr-alda’s Sea, on which no one but us might or could sail; on the other side we were hedged in by the broad Twiskland (Tusschenland, Duitschland), through which the Finda people dared not come on account of the thick forests and the wild beasts.

I know it mentions the heart of Findasland, seemingly in India but does the OLB actually indicate that this is where the sinking of Aldland occurred - or did Findas people live from Germany to India and so Aldland could be anywhere in between?

It also mentions it affected the people around the Mediterranean so one wonders how if in India it did that...

This line also indicates that Aldland, called Atland by the sailors, was a known place prior to the sinking and was able to be sailed to.

Aldland, called by the seafaring people, Atland, disappeared, and the wild waves rose so high over hill and dale that everything was buried in the sea.

The next part imo, defines that the Finda's people are not necessarily the Finns. Aldland might be in the heart of Findasland because the Finns and Magyars are not actually Finda's people.

During three years this continued, but at length it ceased, and forests became visible. Many countries were submerged, and in other places land rose above the sea, and the wood was destroyed through the half of Twiskland (Germany). Troops of Finda’s people came and settled in the empty places. Our dispersed people were exterminated or made slaves. Then watchfulness was doubly impressed upon us, and time taught us that union is force.

Aldland, in Latin Atlantis.

Ho arge tid kêm.

Hêl thene sümer was svnne aeftere wolkum skolen, as wilde hja irtha navt ne sja. Wind reston in sina bûdar, werthrvch rêk aend stom lik sêla boppa hus aend polon stand. Loft waerth althus drov aend dimme, aend inna tha hirta thêra maenniska was blydskip nach früchda. To midden thisre stilnise faeng irtha an to bêvande lik as hju staervande wêre. Berga splyton fon ekkorum to spêjande fjvr aend logha, ôra svnkon in hira skât del, aend thêr hju êrost fjelda hêde; hêjade hju berga vppa. Aldland trvch tha stjurar Atland hêten svnk nyther aend thaet wilde hef stâpton alsa nâka wr berg aend dêlon, that ella vndere sê bidvlwen wêre. Fêlo maenniska wrdon in irtha bidobben, aend fêlo thêr et fjvr vnkêmen wêron, kêmon thêrnêi innet wêter vm. Navt allêna inda landa Findas spêidon berga fjvr, men âk in-t Twisk-land. Walda baernadon thêrthrvch aefter ekkorum aend thâ wind dâna wêi kêm, thâ wâjadon vsa landa fvl ask. Rinstrâma wrdon vrlêid aend by hjara mvda kêmon nêja êlanda fon sand aend drivande kwik. Thrju jêr was irtha alsa to lydande; men tha hju bêter wêre macht maen hira vvnda sja. Fêlo landa wêron vrsvnken, ôra uta sê rêsen aend thaet Twisk-land to fâra-n halfdêl vntwalt. Baenda Findas folk kêmon tha lêtogha rumtne bifàra. Vsa wêibritne vrdon vrdelgen jefta hja wrdon hjara harlinga. Thâ warth wâkandom vs dvbbeld boden aend tid lêrd vs that êndracht vsa staerikste burch is.

[contents]

THIS IS INSCRIBED ON THE WARABURGT BY THE ALDEGAMUDE.

The Waraburgt is not a maiden’s city, but the place where all the foreign articles brought by sailors were stored. It lies three hours south from Medeasblik.

Thus is the Preface.

Hills, bow your heads; weep, ye streams and clouds. Yes. Schoonland (Scandinavia) blushes, an enslaved people tramples on your garment, O Frya.

This is the history.

One hundred and one years after the submersion of Aldland a people came out of the East. That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland (Germany), they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part. Therefore they were able to take possession of it without contest, and as they did no other harm, we would not make war about it. Now that we have learned to know them, we will describe their customs, and after that how matters went between us. They were not wild people, like most of Finda’s race; but, like the Egyptians, they have priests and also statues in their churches. The priests are the only rulers; they call themselves Magyars, and their headman Magy. He is high priest and king in one. The rest of the people are of no account, and in subjection to them. This people have not even a name; but we call them Finns, because although all the festivals are melancholy and bloody, they are so formal that we are inferior to them in that respect. But still they are not to be envied, because they are slaves to their priests, and still more to their creeds.

I did not say ALDLAND means "the old land", it simply means "old land".

Just like "Op-Dijk" or "Oost-Eind" can be anywhere, so can "Old-Land".

Forgot this post about the 'Aldland' at nowaday Den Helder? (with and without article)

I know what you meant to say, that Aldland is the general way of saying 'old land', and then many areas, now, have that same.... uhm.. name.

=

But if it was used in general, and not as a name, it would have had an article.

So, without an article, you will get something like, "XXX years after old land submerged."

If it was meant to be general, it would be like "XXX years after the old lands submerged"

==

Btw, your Old Lands appear to be still above water. You will remember I once posted about a new district in the city of Leeuwarden, called Atlan (or Aldlan). The people living their have their heads above water, believe me, lol.