Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Ah, my beloved ones! I have visited their courts! If Wr-alda permits it, and we do not shew ourselves strong to resist, they will altogether exterminate us.

Liko, surnamed OVER DE LINDA.

Please don't muddle the pool, it's already confusing enough.........

Like here?

Ho vsa Dênamarka fâra vs vlêren gvngon 1600 aend 2 jêr nêi Aldland vrgongen is. (I haven't checked the original text on that.)

But possibly, when writing the date, especially back then, it was common to write out the word.

Whether to use digits or words

According to most copy editors and English teachers,[citation needed] the numbers zero to nine inclusive should be "written out" – meaning instead of "1" and "2", one would write "one" and "two".

Example: "I have two apples." (Preferred)

Example: "I have 2 apples."

After "nine", one can head straight back into the 10, 11, 12, etc., although some write out the numbers until "twelve".

Example: "I have 28 grapes." (Preferred)

Example: "I have twenty-eight grapes."

Another common usage is to write out any number that can be expressed as one or two words, and use figures otherwise.

Examples: "There are six million dogs." (Preferred) "There are 6,000,000 dogs." "That is one hundred twenty-five oranges." "That is 125 oranges." (Preferred)

Numbers at the beginning of a sentence should also be written out.

The above rules are not always used. In literature, larger numbers might be spelled out.

http://en.wikipedia....nglish_numerals

Edited by The Puzzler

Please don't muddle the pool, it's already confusing enough.........

I'm confused by this post - but no matter, I'm off to bed for now.

I'm confused by this post - but no matter, I'm off to bed for now.

Confused?

You just added your own 'interpretation' of a line from the OLB.

It looked good, but it was not what the OLB said.

That's all, and I hope you sleep well.

I am going to visit a neighbour, to watch football on his extreme wide screen.

Edited by Abramelin

Confused?

You just added your own 'interpretation' of a line of the OLB.

It looked good, but it was not what the OLB said.

That's all, and I hope you sleep well.

What are you on about? I just cut and paste what it said at the Angelfire site in the English part. I only added it to show the part that date came from in context. I was curious about what happened on those dates, nothing else....

Ah, my beloved ones! I have visited their courts! If Wr-alda permits it, and we do not shew ourselves strong to resist, they will altogether exterminate us.

Written at Liudwert,

Anno Domini

----------------------------------

What did it say that I was suppose to put???

Och ljawa ik ha
e
v by tham et hove wêst. Wil Wr.alda-t thjelda a
e
nd willath wi vs navt sterik ne mâkja hja skilun vs algâdur vrdiligja.

Skrêven to Ljudwerd. Acht hondred aend thrju jèr nei kersten bigrip. Liko tonômath ovira Linda.

Edited by The Puzzler

What are you on about? I just cut and paste what it said at the Angelfire site in the English part. I only added it to show the part that date came from in context. I was curious about what happened on those dates, nothing else....

Written at Liudwert,

Anno Domini

----------------------------------

What did it say that I was suppose to put???

Och ljawa ik ha
e
v by tham et hove wêst. Wil Wr.alda-t thjelda a
e
nd willath wi vs navt sterik ne mâkja hja skilun vs algâdur vrdiligja.

Skrêven to Ljudwerd. Acht hondred aend thrju jèr nei kersten bigrip. Liko tonômath ovira Linda.

THIS is what the Angelfire site says:

Beloved successors, for the sake of our dear forefathers, and of our dear liberty, I entreat you a thousand times never let the eye of a monk look on these writings. They are very insinuating, but they destroy in an underhand manner all that relates to us Frisians.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#ab

+++++++++

EDIT:

Ah, ok, got it:

This editor is really screwed. Those forum updates alway 'please' me.

But Puzz, I didn't learn the OLB by heart. So don't hesitate to post a link, ok?

Edited by Abramelin

THIS is what the Angelfire site says:

Beloved successors, for the sake of our dear forefathers, and of our dear liberty, I entreat you a thousand times never let the eye of a monk look on these writings. They are very insinuating, but they destroy in an underhand manner all that relates to us Frisians.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#ab

+++++++++

EDIT:

Ah, ok, got it:

This editor is really screwed. Those forum updates alway 'please' me.

But Puzz, I didn't learn the OLB by heart. So don't hesitate to post a link, ok?

Yeah good, I don't go around changing texts but I can see how you mixed the 2 parts up.

Sorry, it was like 4am here, I was being slack and just thought you all knew that part.

I hate this editor, and I don't hate much at all in life.

Edited by The Puzzler

My point was, I think when the 2 additions were written are at times that don't seem unusual to make those additions to remind the Fryans to continue to be strong against the incoming Frankish tide that swept across Northern Europe. And the foreign religion of course.

Edited by The Puzzler

That is why I asked:

snapback.pngOtharus, on 25 June 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Please list your arguments for this 'verdict'.

when you said:

snapback.pngAbramelin, on 22 June 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

For me it is clear what the verdict should be: it's a hoax, a forgery, a fabulation, whatever.

You never answered.

Still thinking about it, or do you take that verdict back?

LOL, "Floris was coming to get those Frisians"

"Floris", played by Rutger Hauer:

rutger-als-floris.jpg

Floris van Rosemondt, not Floris V graaf van Holland.

Edited by Otharus

Floris van Rosemondt, not Floris V graaf van Holland.

Ah yes, I only remembered he played 'a' Floris, not THE Floris. Btw, I preferrred watching Ivanhoe, lol.

Still thinking about it, or do you take that verdict back?

I don't take my 'verdict' back, but you wanted a list, and I had been thinking of - yes - wading through the whole first part of this thread and write down all the pros and cons. But that would be a massive task.

Btw, that is why I asked here and there a way to downlaod that whole thread, text only (and pics showing up as links).

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225900&st=255#entry4309764

Edited by Abramelin

Yeah good, I don't go around changing texts but I can see how you mixed the 2 parts up.

Sorry, it was like 4am here, I was being slack and just thought you all knew that part.

I hate this editor, and I don't hate much at all in life.

No excuses needed, lol. For you it was late, for me it was 'that time of the day again'...

Ah yes, I only remembered he played 'a' Floris, not THE Floris. Btw, I preferrred watching Ivanhoe, lol.

I went to the movies on the weekend (a very rare thing) to watch Snow White and the Huntsman. Beyond the Disney fluff the original is a deep dark story from Medieval Germany written by the Grimm Brothers. I once suspected even THEM of writing the OLB. The movie was excellent, I love that sort of stuff, dark fairy tales in old dark castles and Charlize Theron was a brilliant vain evil queen.

Hallo fans,

Recently I found so much new information,

that I need some time to analyze it.

Sometimes it is easier to express a stream of ideas,

with only a few well-chosen words.

The images will shape themselves...

~ ~ ~

Hitlerian Schizofrenia

Of the most initial Hitler-fans, the two most fanatic extremes of consciousness and tradition were the most hypocrite Catholics of Deep-Germany and the most angry Protestant Free Thinkers of the European Northern Seacoasts (Scandinavia, Great Brittain, Ireland and the Dutch-Flemmish North-Sea area).

The Roman Pope-heads saw Hitler as THE Reïncarnation of Christ, of a Jew!

It gave them a reason to hate Jews on a genetical basis.

The 'Oldfryan' Free Thinkers saw him as A reïncarnation of Od(-in), male other half of Frya/ Freija.

It gave them a reason to hate the Old-Testament and its infection of global confessional consciousness.

This one came from very deep.

Otharus

Edited by Otharus

Lol, I do hope it wasn't as deep as your bowels !

I also hope you know that any criticism concerning the OLB arose long before that man with the funny moustache and the twitching elbow was even born.

But you made me curious about that new info.

+++++++

EDIT:

I thought it was generally known that German (Nazi) historians finally debunked Wirth's book ("Die Ura Linda Chronik")?

Edited by Abramelin

Lol, I do hope it wasn't as deep as your bowels !

From deep-down westfrisian clay, mud and horse-****.

Arian de Goede (yes he was as him name).

Tragic story.

Much,

much info.

I also hope you know that any criticism concerning the OLB arose long before that man with the funny moustache and the twitching elbow was even born.

Yes he started as a frustrated but somehow talented actor-spokesman-puppet of his fellow-fantasts.

The Occult History of the Third Reich.

(DVD)

It was a wide inter-national movement with much variety and many manic and psychotic dreamers.

I thought it was generally known that German (Nazi) historians finally debunked Wirth's book ("Die Ura Linda Chronik")?

That does not mean it had not influenced them.

False hope.

Desillusion.

Among other things.

But you made me curious about that new info.

I added much to my site last week that I did not post here yet.

Welcome to have a taste of it.

I will also buy and study Wilkens' Troy book.

4mrdrArianDeGoede.jpg

Prof.Mr.Dr. Arian de Goede (1915-1957) from Wijdenes, son of mayor G.J. de Goede, see letter 1996 by W. Vleer.

He is said to have had an essiential clue to the OLB. A note from his great-great-grandfather Arian de Goede, who wanted to buy the manuscript in the late 18th century, from Cornelis Over de Linden's grandfather Jan Andrieszn. OL, book-trader in Enkhuizen, immigrated 'klerk' from Leeuwarden, Friesland.

http://fryskednis.bl...-14-3-1996.html

Edited by Otharus

I added much to my site last week that I did not post here yet.

Welcome to have a taste of it.

I will also buy and study Wilkens' Troy book.

I know you did, and I have read it, but....... you were being kind of excited just now about new info you found.

So I assumed it was something I didn't know about, or read on your blog.

==

You're going to buy Wilken's book. I do like his theories but ......

... about new info you found.

It is related to what I posted, but too much too post and needs to be organised.

Need to visit Haarlem archive (of prov. NH) first.

Yeah, it might hold some good, relevant info imo.

Wilkens argues that Troy was located in England on the Gog Magog Downs in Cambridgeshire. He believes that Celts living there were attacked around 1200 BC by fellow Celts from the continent to battle over access to the tin mines in Cornwall as tin was a very important component for the production of bronze.

Wilkens writes that there are similarities between the river names in the Iliad and in present-day England: "Homer names no less than fourteen rivers in the region of Troy". The rivers Thames, Cam, Great Ouse and Little Ouse, to name a few, can respectively be identified as Temese[3], Scamander, Simois [4] and Satniois[5], according to Wilkens. The revised edition of 2005 contains a "reconstruction" of the Trojan battlefield in Cambridgeshire.

Wilkens further hypothesises that the Sea Peoples found in the Late Bronze Age Mediterranean were Celts, who settled in Greece and the Aegean Islands as the Achaeans and Pelasgians. They named new cities after the places they had come from, (similar to the migration of many place names to North America), and brought the oral poems that formed the basis of the Iliad and the Odyssey with them from western Europe. Wilkens writes that, after being orally transmitted for about four centuries, the poems were translated and written down in Greek around 750 BC. The Greeks, who had forgotten about the origins of the poems, located the stories in the Mediterranean, where many Homeric place names could be found, but the poems' descriptions of towns, islands, sailing directions and distances were not altered to fit the reality of the Greek setting. He also writes that "It also appears that Homer's Greek contains a large number of loan words from western European languages, more often from Dutch rather than English, French or German." [6] These languages are considered by linguists to have not existed until around 1000 years after Homer. Wilkens argues that the Atlantic Ocean was the theatre for the Odyssey instead of the Mediterranean. For example: he locates Scylla and Charybdis at present day St Michael's Mount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Troy_Once_Stood