Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

shadow people/men?

kitty81

the last couple of days, I have been sat at my computer at various times and noticed a figure walk past the hall. a black human? figure, this has happened 4 times already, always in the same spot. its not headlights, its not the neighbours shadows, I cannot explain it. but it is freakin me out, slightly....

I've read up on these shadow people and this fits the description..

Anyone else had any experiences with these things?

x

mmm... yes. i keep catching someone standing in the hallway. i need to get my eyes checked. :/

lines-multi-color-765254.gif

Edited by Insightful Waffles

Probably just seeing things out of the corner of your eye. Try to anticipate it though and see if you can see it head on. Does it always happen at a particular time? Only at night?

Also, how long do you spend on the computer? They can do funny things to your eyes. If it continues and always out of the corner of your eye, get your eyes checked first.

Hope this helps.

the last couple of days, I have been sat at my computer at various times and noticed a figure walk past the hall. a black human? figure, this has happened 4 times already, always in the same spot. its not headlights, its not the neighbours shadows, I cannot explain it. but it is freakin me out, slightly....

I've read up on these shadow people and this fits the description..

Anyone else had any experiences with these things?

x

Hello Kitty81, you are not alone. If you have time, stop by my thread 'those who have seen the hatman/shadow people'.

Seven

cheers for the comments, people!

and thank you Seven I will :)

x

Simple test - next time you're at your computer, set up a video camera or webcam and see if it can capture the same thing you're seeing out of the corner of your eye.

My bet would be that it can't.

Edited by Rafterman

Shadow people are actually more common then we would like to believe. We investigate reports on paranormal circumstances and we hear about this phenomenom more then anything else. Here is a few stories that you can possibly relate to:

http://voices.yahoo....ch-9156405.html

http://voices.yahoo....263.html?cat=54

Funny they are called 'shadow' people. Gives credence to the fact that you're just seeing a shadow.

• Like 2

Funny they are called 'shadow' people. Gives credence to the fact that you're just seeing a shadow.

yay for coldethyl! My thoughts exactly! :clap::nw::tu:

Only thing is when you see them they are definitely 'beings' but are very dark (darker than a grey-ish shadow). When you see them there's no questioning if it is a shadow or not.

Edited by Whatisreal

Only thing is when you see them they are definitely 'beings' but are very dark (darker than a grey-ish shadow). When you see them there's no questioning if it is a shadow or not.

No offense but I'll guess I'll have to take your word for that until I run across one.

i come on here, put a topic up, an most of the replies i get are sarcastic an rude. !!!!

im here for advice, not to be laughed at. !

• Like 1

i come on here, put a topic up, an most of the replies i get are sarcastic an rude. !!!!

Welcome to UM. That happens a lot, I'm afraid. But seriously, get you eyes checked out first or try and see it head on. If your eyes are fine and you can still see it, get back to me and I can give some advice. Alternatively, Sevenof Seven's been doing a lot of research into them and may also be able to help.

thank you Setton :)

I have seen it head on, a number of times since, same place every time..

not sure what to make of it..

No offense but I'll guess I'll have to take your word for that until I run across one.

Not trying to be sarcastic or rude, just stating a fact.

When you start feeling like something or someone is looking over you best to try and think of something else or do something to distract your mind. If you let your mind get the better of you it will only get worse

• Like 1

Yesterday I was sitting on my couch watching tv, and I saw a shadow go by me. Well since the front door is behind me down the hall, I thought its just someone outside going past the sun. Until I looked into a picture I have next to the tv which reflects the wall behind me and I saw saw the shadow go across the wall behind me......

Best thing to do is set up a video camera. Most desktop's and laptop's have a webcam. If you can turn it to the direction you have been seeing this shadow, with any luck hopefully you will capture it on video.

Logically, definitely have your eyes checked. Its safer to rule things out first before saying it is anything paranormal. If you want to even further investigate it here's what you could do. Depending on the location of the shadow, it could be car head lights driving by your bedroom window ( if you have a window ). Ask someone in your family who drives or a friend to drive by and see if it causes the same effect. If the room you are in is on the 2nd floor, that is one test. If your room is one the 1st floor, it could be people walking by your house on the side walk? You could have a person walk by your window a couple of times to see if that is what it is too.

Try to recreate it, then if you can't recreate the same effect you might have a good argument. :tu:

I you have seen it in the same spot 4 times, you should be able to film this thing and have it looked at.

If you are questioning if you actually saw one or not. Then most likely you did not.

Might sound weird but some years ago me and some friends took magic mushrooms... Everyone except me was havin a good trip.. At first it was fun for the first 20 minutes or so when it kicked in.. After that i got pretty freaked out.. Guess what was all around me...!? Shadow people.. All that i wanted is to shut my eyes and sleep so i could get rid of them. Most of us must have heard about shaman indians using substances to connect with their ancestors.. Might my experience be somewhat related..?!? ( sorry for my not to perfect english)

thank you Setton :)

I have seen it head on, a number of times since, same place every time..

not sure what to make of it..

Try to record it?

That's why I've never put anything up. I'm more here to observe. It's only the internet, try not to get too upset about it. There are people here that will answer like an adult, just ignore the tossers that are sarcastic. They have nothing better to do than troll :tu:

I bet you have either no light or very low (probably yellow tinted) lighting in the area you saw the shadow thing? If so then get a cheap daylight bulb and start using that. My experience with shadow things is that they hate bright light. It'll go somewhere else to live.

Edited by bulveye