Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Letchworth Village Mist appears what is it?

Sean Austin

saw on the advice of some fellow UM forum members im starting my own topic on another video i took...during an investigation at letchworth village in the basement a mist appeared in front of me and then disappeared..and to me it had a life of its own..with no draft of wind down there in this far end back room with no windows...and ive been back there a few times and this was never there again

so what is everyones thoughts?..i took some still frame photos of the mist and saw some creepy shapes and i wont say what i see just take a look and see i know prob alot of you will say its a form of paradolia lol but i see something more to that personally..ill post as well ..so go to town lol let me know what ya think!

[media=]

[/media]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150629130675857&set=a.495352355856.262511.502780856&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150629132440857&set=a.495352355856.262511.502780856&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150629213145857&set=a.495352355856.262511.502780856&type=3&theater

Hey Sean...

I know some of the skeptics around here would ask these questions >

What time of the year was this video recorded? Spring, Summer Fall, Winter?

What was the temperature that night you investigated?

Depending on the temp, your breathe could definitely give that kind of effect.

What was the environment like that night? Foggy? Clear, weather fair? Were there others with you while you recorded this?

Honestly, I think no matter what we share on the forums Sean, because "skeptics" were not there physically its going to be hard to prove to them any experience. You've seen what we've been through in the Spirit Box thread. Same will go for video and audio.

We'll be heckled over everything, simply because they will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER... that's a fact!?

saw on the advice of some fellow UM forum members im starting my own topic on another video i took...during an investigation at letchworth village in the basement a mist appeared in front of me and then disappeared..and to me it had a life of its own..with no draft of wind down there in this far end back room with no windows...and ive been back there a few times and this was never there again

so what is everyones thoughts?..i took some still frame photos of the mist and saw some creepy shapes and i wont say what i see just take a look and see i know prob alot of you will say its a form of paradolia lol but i see something more to that personally..ill post as well ..so go to town lol let me know what ya think!

Can you tell us what day this was recorded?

Nibs

I'm gonna say it is dust that you kicked up from the floor. The dust is very fine and illuminated by the lights. It also depends on how you have the camera set up. ( I noticed a lot bug blobs zipping by as well. ) This kind of thing happens a lot and people don't really notice it at the time.

I do certainly believe in ghosts but I don't feel that is what you captured this time.

We'll be heckled over everything, simply because they will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER... that's a fact!?

I am SO glad you cleared this up for me Ecto. Now I know I will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER. Because that's a fact. According to you.

• Like 2

Hey Sean...

I know some of the skeptics around here would ask these questions >

No offense, but this statement is indicative of the problem with many paranormal investigators.

I would hope than anyone who approaches paranormal investigation from with any level of scientific perspective would ask those exact questions. Whether they classify themselves a skeptic or believer is immaterial.

• Like 3

Uh Sean....

If you record a video where you are using swear language that would be filtered out when writing on this site... It's usually a good idea to warn people of foul language.

Or perhaps try to refrain from swearing so much in videos that may end up in public forums.

Not trying to be mean, just some friendly advice.

Interesting video.

But that's no different than what's on tv, rashore. Only there you get *bleep* instead of the word.

I know it's not different than TV, I just think it's polite to warn people of swearing :)

My first thought was it could be mist from your breathe if it's really cold. It sort of hangs in the air until carried off by a wiff of breeze.

I don't know what the mist is..

But it may be that the movement of the mist was caused by the movement of the cameraman. It was a really good job of kind of freezing in place and steadying the shot once the mist was encountered. The, er, air waifting forward off the cameramans movement might be what caused a fairly stationary patch of mist to swirl about the way it did.

I am SO glad you cleared this up for me Ecto. Now I know I will NEVER BELIEVE in it. EVER. Because that's a fact. According to you.

No offense, but this statement is indicative of the problem with many paranormal investigators.

I would hope than anyone who approaches paranormal investigation from with any level of scientific perspective would ask those exact questions. Whether they classify themselves a skeptic or believer is immaterial.

Yup, Ecto.....You kind of ruined it for me now.....Not cool, not cool.......Resorting to that before a discussion even started.( anytime really )

Sean, thanks for posting this, please keep posting...I have to go to work, so I will reply later.( and watch )

I like how "my words" & "posts" are taken WAY OUT OF CONTEXT!!!! In a Forum no less. :no:

Can you tell us what day this was recorded?

Nibs

Just want to repeat my question. Seems to have gotten lost.

Nibs

I like how "my words" & "posts" are taken WAY OUT OF CONTEXT!!!! In a Forum no less. :no:

If I took them out of context I apologise, PM to you :)

Thank you Sakari... much respect to you!

For those who took what I said out of context, I apologize. Didn't mean to be "NOT COOL". So let's move on and discuss the subject Sean started here.

:tu:

There doesn't seem to be anything "supernatural" about the mist. It "behaves" the way mist caught in a draft or winder current would. I would guess it to be water vapor or dust.

How exactly have your "words" and "posts" been "taken out of context"?

There doesn't seem to be anything "supernatural" about the mist. It "behaves" the way mist caught in a draft or winder current would. I would guess it to be water vapor or dust.

:) Which is why I asked about the date. We could check the local weather.

Nibs

Hey nibs it was taken during the day in the basement floor of letchworth..i have been back I. That room and there was never anything of the sort again since that first time

Its def not from me kicking anything up it just appeared on camera ...obviously most likely it would be dust or wind ..but there was no draft or windows anywhere near there..that dark room it came.from had no windows either ..but i dunno who knows lol..did u guys take a look at the still frame pics too?...and this was taken about a month or 2 ago was pretty warm out that day in the 70s

Hey nibs it was taken during the day in the basement floor of letchworth..i have been back I. That room and there was never anything of the sort again since that first time

Do you have the date or a close estimate?

Nibs

uh you have never seen dust before? and water vapor? in that instant? this is how you know if it is dust or not = in the morning when you wake up. open your curtain, when the sunlight comes in.. there you can see dust.. that is dust.!

water vapor? impossible !

ghost? dont know. !

but i do know that he is seing things in the pictures.. thats not a demon. with eyes and everything in it ! take a better look at the pictures. !

clearly not a demon.! maybe that was the, spirit of the wind ! :D (from an manga.tittle = ID ) :P

• Like 1

uh you have never seen dust before? and water vapor? in that instant? this is how you know if it is dust or not = in the morning when you wake up. open your curtain, when the sunlight comes in.. there you can see dust.. that is dust.!

water vapor? impossible !

ghost? dont know. !

but i do know that he is seing things in the pictures.. thats not a demon. with eyes and everything in it ! take a better look at the pictures. !

clearly not a demon.! maybe that was the, spirit of the wind ! :D (from an manga.tittle = ID ) :P

:tu: