Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof Ghost Radar Works to me...

Sean Austin

im the writer and performer of the ghost radar theme lol..and when one the first times i used ghost radar to me was proof it works..let me know your thoughts!

• Like 1

So it throws out random words and then you hear a groan sound?

BTW what makes you think a program can detect ghosts by using the phones built in features? Even when ghosts haven't been verified?

I once had a program that could supposely detect mind control signals and block them, however realistically these are beyond the capabilities of any computer (or any applied science for that matter).

If you like talking to a computer, perhaps you'll like ELIZA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

• Like 1

it might be possible . but if i were you.. just believe they exist . thats more than enuogh , dont try to contact them . its like playing with your life ! thats what i think ! . .

cool tune :)

• Like 1

this thread confuses my simple brain. explain to me what this ghost radar are you refering to? how does it work? isit aphone phone app?

with little knowledge on your ghost radar i can only assume its a app, which caneasily bedisproven by getting two phones running at the same time with the app.

• Like 3

this thread confuses my simple brain. explain to me what this ghost radar are you refering to? how does it work? isit aphone phone app?

with little knowledge on your ghost radar i can only assume its a app, which caneasily bedisproven by getting two phones running at the same time with the app.

Yeah, its an app for the iphone, smartphone or whatever.

It's meant to use the phone's features to detect ghosts, or their communication. However these phones have no way to detect quantum fluctuations, this is the advertised method that the ghost radar uses.

As someone who is involved in computer programming, I see the app as nothing more than a gimmick.

• Like 1

well i have used 2 ghost radars on at once on 2 diff cell phones..and one of the cellphones wasnt even hooked up to the internet was my old phone..and the third on my ovilus x ..and on more then one occasion all "3" said the same word at the sametime...these devices work..i say give them a long experiment for maybe a month or 2 and just see what happens...ive lined all 3 up too and gotten in order for example..gun..ammunition...shoot..things like that how can you deny??..to two things that arent even hooked up to the internet so it cant be a random word generator...and the chances of that are pretty crazy if you ask me otherwise ..even the creator of the "ovlius" bill chapel said that ghost radar was as good as anything out there that his device does the same thing

and i dont want to talk to a computer thank you for your one sided comment yet another "lawyer for science" always have to shun at the possibility of something crazy and unexplained..loopy loop hole

ghost radar works to measure with the sensors it has in smart phones..gps..wifi..etc and looks for fluctuations and weird readings and then interprets it as a word..basically the sameway the ovilus works..but that is specifically designed to measure emf and when it picks up a fluctuation there once again assigns it as a word and a number power reading in measurement of energy with it

thanks sakari glad you like the song! lol..it is blowing up on itunes and amazon! lol..maybe a new halloween song classic! haha

and yes who asked what is it ..its an app on phones...theres a free version and a paid one..the paid one is better cause it saves the words and the dates/time the words were spoken and can email/post them..give it a try..maybe try out getting evps with an audio recorder while it is on ..that is how i got that video with the betsy on it..but just give it a try and see..theres 1000s of stories that people have posted on http://www.spudpickles.com that they have experienced

it was even featured on a wall street journal video segment with my song playing in the background lol..over 7 million people have downloaded this app as of now..check it out..

http://online.wsj.com/video/14A92D85-144B-4521-9CCF-AE9CA3B922FC.html

I can't think of a single reason why you, as the creator of this app's theme song, would want to make people believe it really works. It's not like you have a vested intere... oh wait.

Anyway, you say it can't be a random word generator because it works when not connected to the Internet... surely it could still have a preset list of words built in that it can randomly choose from?

Also you say it works by measuring wifi signals... So in theory if I were to repeatedly turn my wireless router off and on again the app might tell me there is a ghost nearby?

• Like 5

I was going to find out who made this app, and how it works, and what is really in a iphone.( hardware )......

I found a story with facts, that sums it up better than I could.......You will have to go to the site to read entire article, link at bottom.....And a note to Sean and others with " paranormal groups ", this is from a " Paranormal Group ".......

It would seem, from the vast array of tom-foolery going on the in the western marketplace, that the people of America (the Continent) are entirely the most gullible people on the planet. There are exceptions of course (so cool your jets on that strongly worded email for a minute), but occasionally there comes a product that is so fantastic, so wondrous, so ridiculously fake, that we can’t help but open our hearts and our wallets as we clamber over one another to get a piece of material happiness........

As outlined on the Spud Pickle website for this particular application, Ghost Radar measures quantum flux (quantum fluctuation) in the atmosphere and translates that into any one of a variety of display modes, from a cartoony graphic radar screen, to a numerical value.

I had to give my head a shake when I first read the above on their website. I mean, the I-phone seems like a pretty sophisticated device, but I don’t recall hearing that it could measure quantum flux. After all, it’s only a cell phone, albeit, a cell phone on steroids.

By the developers own admission, the I-phone itself doesn’t have the necessary equipment on board to actually measure quantum flux. Among its many capabilities, the I-phone and the I-pod touch carry a host of electronic gizmos that make them work as a cell phone, mp3 player, mobile computer etc (respectively). Such as Wi-Fi transceivers, touch sensors, gyroscopes, accelerometers, speakers and microphones, some of which are designed to allow the device to be aware of its physical environment, and to display its various media according to its attitude or movement.

On the Spud Pickle website you’ll also find a host of user testimonials, most of which are nondescript kudos to the developer for making such a ‘cool app’, but some are more detailed pseudo-analyses touting unbelievable results. And I warn you, beware what you believe from some anonymous tribute to a questionable device. This application is not capable of doing what the developer claims, however, just as any analog or digital recording device can be manipulated by ambient energies to provide mysterious EVP’s, so too can the I-phone be manipulated by the same energies, though this is not a technological market cornered by Apple, nor is it the exclusive domain of the Spud Pickle application developer.................

The moral here, besides the obvious, is that in our pursuit of an understanding of this strange and beautiful world around us, there are no easy answers. There is no button to push, no machine to rely on and no computer to tell us the answer. This remains a burgeoning field of academic study and lain before us is a long and winding path of hard work and experimentation. If anything, the popularity of the above devices and applications is a simple testament of the divide between those in the paranormal community who seek truth, and those who seek notoriety, and even yet, those who seek only cheap thrills..............

http://www.paranorma...-ghost-hunters/

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Just for a bit of info...

The Spud Pickles guy is Jack Jones. Here's his LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackwjones

Apparently Jack has degrees in Computer Engineering and Physics, and is part of Noumenon Software, a company that specializes in mobile software.

Ghost Radar App is just like the game "Metal Gear Solid" on the Psx/Dream cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZG-RJCUYs

If you don't want to watch the video, let me explain the plot.

In the game you meet up one of the Mini-Bosses named Physcho Mantis, who claims to have occult powers to read your mind. Before you fight him he reads your past, Which means how well you played so far in the game, how many saves you done, How many times you killed, did you kill the enemies with stealth, how long you played etc. He then tells you OTHER games that you have saved on your memory card.

He then finally tells you to put your controller on the floor and he will move it to with his POWER. Well the controller has a vibration feature on it.

So as you may of figured, it is using the memory card to check information which is what the ghost radar is doing. it's reading your cell/tablet for information it can use, like your facebook comments, texts, calls, personal cotact list and using it in a vague way to play it when you use your application.

Let's look at the list below on what does the program wish to access before I downloaded it on my tablet.

Permissions:

Network Communication:

Allows an application to create network sockets

Phone Calls:

Allows the application to access the phone features on the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active the number that call is connected to and the like.

Your Location:

Coarse (networl-based) location

Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where avaliable. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.

Fine (GPS) location

Access Fine location sources such as the global positioning system on the tablet, where avaliable, alicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are and may consume additional battery power.

View Network State

Allows an application to view the state of all networks.

Your accounts.

Allows an application to get the list of accounts known by the tablet.

As you can see it's accessing all your private data.

Amazing what happens when you read the USER agreement before downloading.

• Like 4

well i have used 2 ghost radars on at once on 2 diff cell phones..and one of the cellphones wasnt even hooked up to the internet was my old phone..and the third on my ovilus x ..and on more then one occasion all "3" said the same word at the sametime...these devices work..i say give them a long experiment for maybe a month or 2 and just see what happens...ive lined all 3 up too and gotten in order for example..gun..ammunition...shoot..things like that how can you deny??..to two things that arent even hooked up to the internet so it cant be a random word generator...and the chances of that are pretty crazy if you ask me otherwise ..even the creator of the "ovlius" bill chapel said that ghost radar was as good as anything out there that his device does the same thing

and i dont want to talk to a computer thank you for your one sided comment yet another "lawyer for science" always have to shun at the possibility of something crazy and unexplained..loopy loop hole

ghost radar works to measure with the sensors it has in smart phones..gps..wifi..etc and looks for fluctuations and weird readings and then interprets it as a word..basically the sameway the ovilus works..but that is specifically designed to measure emf and when it picks up a fluctuation there once again assigns it as a word and a number power reading in measurement of energy with it

Dude, it's called programming.

• Like 3

I can't think of a single reason why you, as the creator of this app's theme song, would want to make people believe it really works. It's not like you have a vested intere... oh wait.

So true :tu: . Didn't even see you're remark. Yeah I think there's a reason the op is so focused on hyping ghost radar and this site is the perfect advertisement for his song that he made for it.Yep, I really don't even need to jump to conclusions to see his motive for this thread.I mean you'd have to be a blind ostrich with its head in the sand not to see that.Its as plain as day.I also have a feeling,call it a hunch that the Op won't be visiting this site so much since his game is up.

actually frankkk your absolutley wrong..why the hell would i friggen advertise to a bunch over older men for song most teenagers enjoy cause its funny..and when i made that audio from the video it was almost a year before i even wrote the song ..it was when i started having weird coincdences with the app did i as a musician/singer did inspire and write it..and im certainly not doing anything of the sort..i think im realizing more and more how redundant and useless these forums are cause it seems they are filled with one sided /debunking/prob like the sound of their own voices who have to either prove its fake or say the person has alternative motives..i mean cmon get a grip..seriously...i have gotten into the paranormal over the last 2 years..and it was "by mistake" i wrote that song as a joke..and it is the theme song for it now..its popular with kids sheesh..if you look at some of my videos on my youtube page you will see i do paranormal investigations..i just got back from a week in ohio with an online ghost show where we investigated prospect place and bobby mackeys..so no i dont want to advertise for my song frankkkkkk no game to be up..so maybe the real ostrich should shut up lol god give me a break! :cry:

actually frankkk your absolutley wrong..why the hell would i friggen advertise to a bunch over older men for song most teenagers enjoy cause its funny..and when i made that audio from the video it was almost a year before i even wrote the song ..it was when i started having weird coincdences with the app did i as a musician/singer did inspire and write it..and im certainly not doing anything of the sort..i think im realizing more and more how redundant and useless these forums are cause it seems they are filled with one sided /debunking/prob like the sound of their own voices who have to either prove its fake or say the person has alternative motives..i mean cmon get a grip..seriously...i have gotten into the paranormal over the last 2 years..and it was "by mistake" i wrote that song as a joke..and it is the theme song for it now..its popular with kids sheesh..if you look at some of my videos on my youtube page you will see i do paranormal investigations..i just got back from a week in ohio with an online ghost show where we investigated prospect place and bobby mackeys..so no i dont want to advertise for my song frankkkkkk no game to be up..so maybe the real ostrich should shut up lol god give me a break! :cry:

Hey, I said the song is a good jingle....Opinions are like you know what......You do not have to like them all :)

• Like 1

Thanks sakari lol i appreciate it!..I was just trying to say I wasn't advertising for it..just some people take things way too serious sometimes and defensive on top of already being pseudo skeptics

I find it quite telling that you ignored my comments on how the app actually works and just focused on the part where I was only half serious.

To be honest I'd have thought Apple would have mentioned it in their marketing campaigns if their iPhones and iPads could contact the dead. Maybe they didn't know. We could actually use the app to let Steve Jobs know but he'd probably only reply with "gun... ammunition... shoot..."

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yeah, its an app for the iphone, smartphone or whatever.

It's meant to use the phone's features to detect ghosts, or their communication. However these phones have no way to detect quantum fluctuations, this is the advertised method that the ghost radar uses.

As someone who is involved in computer programming, I see the app as nothing more than a gimmick.

I could not agree more. What a joke.

• Like 1