Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof Ghost Radar Works to me...

Sean Austin

So I listened to the OP without looking at the video (to avoid prompting to what I should be hearing) and as I expected, I could hear nothing but a bunch of static and background noise and nothing that sounded like actual voices, apart from the voices of the OP asking questions on the voice-track.

Remind me again why these EVPs are supposed to be impressive?

• Like 2

So I listened to the OP without looking at the video (to avoid prompting to what I should be hearing) and as I expected, I could hear nothing but a bunch of static and background noise and nothing that sounded like actual voices, apart from the voices of the OP asking questions on the voice-track.

Remind me again why these EVPs are supposed to be impressive?

Because people like to pretend they are expects and pretend they know the hardware they use, even though their findings show their ignorance.

Also EVPs are easier to tamper with, you might as well say that a ghost wrote on a chalk board that said "The cake is a lie" and proclaim that too is evidence.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

What was with all the extra 'k's' on franks name?

Immature much? Just wondering, it had me in stitches.

• Like 1

I've actually tried out this app before. Surprisingly enough, it found nothing. It strung together pointless words & showed me a bunch of random dots of different colors. And everywhere I went, it worked! According to Ghost Radar, every place on this planet it's infested with ghosts. Yep! Ghost Radar is like Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense.

• Like 1

I've experimented with the Ghost Radar apps on several investigations. I'm fairly certain there is nothing to them; usually just random words.

I did have one strange experience with it on an investigation. We had it set up in the room while doing an evp session, but it wasn't going off at all. After we'd been in the room for about a half an hour and were convinced nothing was happening, we shut all of our stuff down with the exception of the ghost radar. Right as we were about to leave the room, it suddenly said the name of a city. This was the first time I'd ever heard it name a place. But we didn't really think anything of it at the time and just kept on with the investigation.

A day later I got a rather surprising call from another one of my investigators. He said that his credit card information had been hacked, and when he checked his online activity...the fraudulent charges had occurred in the same city that the Ghost Radar had said. Even more surprising was the fact that the first charge occurred right about the same time as the app had said the name of the city. Coincidence?

I'm not saying it was paranormal, but it sure was strange....

I've experimented with the Ghost Radar apps on several investigations. I'm fairly certain there is nothing to them; usually just random words.

I did have one strange experience with it on an investigation. We had it set up in the room while doing an evp session, but it wasn't going off at all. After we'd been in the room for about a half an hour and were convinced nothing was happening, we shut all of our stuff down with the exception of the ghost radar. Right as we were about to leave the room, it suddenly said the name of a city. This was the first time I'd ever heard it name a place. But we didn't really think anything of it at the time and just kept on with the investigation.

A day later I got a rather surprising call from another one of my investigators. He said that his credit card information had been hacked, and when he checked his online activity...the fraudulent charges had occurred in the same city that the Ghost Radar had said. Even more surprising was the fact that the first charge occurred right about the same time as the app had said the name of the city. Coincidence?

I'm not saying it was paranormal, but it sure was strange....

Lol! :w00t: It channeled the spirit of an old financial adviser!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't this topic covered a while back?

Someone decompiled the app and showed it was nothing more than random hogwashery.

As a matter of fact, doing a Google search for this app is how i found the UM forums.

Hey, it is good for something after all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

well i have used 2 ghost radars on at once on 2 diff cell phones..and one of the cellphones wasnt even hooked up to the internet was my old phone..and the third on my ovilus x ..and on more then one occasion all "3" said the same word at the sametime...these devices work..i say give them a long experiment for maybe a month or 2 and just see what happens...ive lined all 3 up too and gotten in order for example..gun..ammunition...shoot..things like that how can you deny??..to two things that arent even hooked up to the internet so it cant be a random word generator...and the chances of that are pretty crazy if you ask me otherwise ..even the creator of the "ovlius" bill chapel said that ghost radar was as good as anything out there that his device does the same thing

and i dont want to talk to a computer thank you for your one sided comment yet another "lawyer for science" always have to shun at the possibility of something crazy and unexplained..loopy loop hole

ghost radar works to measure with the sensors it has in smart phones..gps..wifi..etc and looks for fluctuations and weird readings and then interprets it as a word..basically the sameway the ovilus works..but that is specifically designed to measure emf and when it picks up a fluctuation there once again assigns it as a word and a number power reading in measurement of energy with it

GPS, WiFi...these things are actually supposed to pick up ghosts now? WTF? The ghost radar apps are nothing more than entertainment (and weak entertainment at that). I actually have one on my phone, because I thought it would be funny. And it was, it was minutes of fun. Now it's just stupid and boring. I have had random words like "that" and "soldier" and "hamburger"....please tell me how the software in the app and in the phone translates spiritual energy into these words. Please, we'll be waiting for your response.

Don't fool yourself into thinking these things are real. They are not. A cell phone has absolutely ZERO capability to pick up spiritual energy. It wasn't designed for that. Come to think of it, there isn't anything type of technology that was designed to pick up spiritual energy--because there isn't such a thing (at least there isn't such a thing at this time).

So, again, let us see your proof that this "ghost radar" technology is actually real.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 2

GPS, WiFi...these things are actually supposed to pick up ghosts now? WTF? The ghost radar apps are nothing more than entertainment (and weak entertainment at that). I actually have one on my phone, because I thought it would be funny. And it was, it was minutes of fun. Now it's just stupid and boring. I have had random words like "that" and "soldier" and "hamburger"....please tell me how the software in the app and in the phone translates spiritual energy into these words. Please, we'll be waiting for your response.

Don't fool yourself into thinking these things are real. They are not. A cell phone has absolutely ZERO capability to pick up spiritual energy. It wasn't designed for that. Come to think of it, there isn't anything type of technology that was designed to pick up spiritual energy--because there isn't such a thing (at least there isn't such a thing at this time).

So, again, let us see your proof that this "ghost radar" technology is actually real.

He can't prove it. But he wants soooo bad to believe.

Poor fella'.

• Like 2

I downloaded the app to my iPad just to see it for myself.

According to the FAQ and settings explanations it does not measure EMF or EVPs or read from any of the device sensors but works by reading the "quantum flux" of the environment and because "intelligent energy" can manipulate the "quantum flux" blah blah blah a whole bunch of pseudoscientific gibberish.

The screen constantly shows four random numbers in each quadrant of the radar changing randomly. Makes it look all sciencey. The "explanation" in the FAQ is that the top number is a reading that "by itself doesn't mean much" and the other 3 numbers mean things like "how fast the top number is changing" "the fastest change the top number has made" and "a sum of the changes for that reading". In other words, the top number means nothing and the other numbers are derived from the number that means nothing. But they're there flashing all the time on screen because that's the kind of thing you expect a high tech device to do.

So far it's given me the following words along with random blips on the radar. Interestingly, whenever the blips appear, they remain in the same place onscreen even when I move the tablet around and point it in different directions. Surely when I walk around and move the tablet they should reposition on screen to show their new relative position to me and the iPad?

So far it has given me the following words:

Alone

Loose

Rhyme

Baby

Construction

Company

Call

Mistake

Roman

Doll

Exclaimed

The FAQ says you should ask questions of it and see what words it suggests which of course are open to your interpretation and the meaning of which is up for debate (translation: it's like a horoscope, it's vague and meaningless but those who want to believe will extract meaning anyway)

So after it read "exclaimed" I asked it "where is my missing iPod?". It then shutup and has been silent for the last 10 minutes even though it was happily blurting out words every minute or so before that.

I'm gonna leave it here running for some time more. But yeah, I'm totally convinced so far.

• Like 3

Mine came up with the word "sandwich". I then went and fixed a sandwich. That can't be coincidence, can it?

• Like 5

Why do you people take a fake novelty app seriously?

Most likely it's either Cheap thrill to convince yourself, to trick people are not tech savy, trick people who are gullible or to try and get famous from it.

• Like 2

I don't think any of us do, except the OP. I know I never did. It's as exactly as you described...fake, and a novelty.

• Like 2

We don't. As far as I know the only person in this thread who actually thinks "Ghost App" is an actual serious thing for researching and finding ghosts is Sean Austin, the guy who wrote the OP and defended the app in later posts.

The app is otherwise clearly hokum to everyone else as I thought was obvious by reading the thread.

• Like 3

We don't. As far as I know the only person in this thread who actually thinks "Ghost App" is an actual serious thing for researching and finding ghosts is Sean Austin, the guy who wrote the OP and defended the app in later posts.

The app is otherwise clearly hokum to everyone else as I thought was obvious by reading the thread.

Well, That requires actually reading the thread. Not read the first post and just hit reply.

• Like 2

I heard the word Betsy.

Oh yeah?

Is there a lil somethin' your tryin' to tell us? :wink:

• Like 2