Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disney really is that evil

Dancing_Dumplings

That's being a tad over sensitive over something as stupid as decades old cartoons.

I not over sensitive tongue.gif, the issue didn't even occur to me until I read it, laugh.gif and as for some baka online, I only remembered he existed when I posted tongue.gif

And you being a fake scot is like me being a fake irish..

Your Irish? I never knew huh.gif good for you thumbsup.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• warden

• SilverCougar

• moe eubleck

• Talon

That's being a tad over sensitive over something as stupid as decades old cartoons.

I not over sensitive tongue.gif, the issue didn't even occur to me until I read it, laugh.gif and as for some baka online, I only remembered he existed when I posted tongue.gif

*grins* I'm thinking we're not on the same page anymore. blah =( hate when that happens. Makes the descussion/argument look silly. And I appologize man.

And you being a fake scot is like me being a fake irish..

Your Irish? I never knew huh.gif good for you thumbsup.gif

279374[/snapback]

Yep, something like 2nd or 3rd generation.. not to far off. =)

• 3 months later...

Hi I'm new here. Name's Spooky.

On to the topic. Disney has been around for years. Longer than I've been alive. I have seen many many perverted crap that has to do with it. I'm fine with it really. These Disney people wanna have their fun. I mean like, sex jokes and stuff. But when they get into racism and stereotypes, I think that's going too far.

Give it a rest will you,

Stick as much politicaly uncorrect cartoons on the telly as possible ,if it offends or upsets you turn it over to another channel ...god knows we have enough,,,or when you are skiping through the TV guide you know whats about to come on dont watch it,then you dont get upset ,problem solved.

Remember the people out there that want to watch cartoons like this have a right aswell

Well, I havnt read anything on the links provided, but I looked at all of the pictures, which I think is only neccesary as they are all that is being viewed. All I see are animal characters dressed in nazi uniforms, which isnt rude, evil or offensive, is it?

Then bugs bunny mimics the 'locals', so he is trying to blend in, with a slight touch of humour added, whats the problem..

If he were to start acting like a crocodile, it would not be rude or offensive towards a crocodile.

Humans are all too sensitive and take anyhting and everything the wrong way.

Putting a nazi jacket on, whats the problem.

I know personally that if someone mimicked me I would find it highly amusing. I can perfectly understand the fact that you all think it is rude etc, but I cannot understand why, its harmless.

Killing or treating a group of people badly or just differently for the colour of thier skin or race, IS racist, evil and rude.

But chill out

Edited by Uversa

Well done you have a view i think like the majority of us.

There are to many do gooders out there telling us what they think is best for us. angry.gif

angry.gif

Who the hell do they think they are, angry.gif

A cartoon is a piece of fun and if sad people take it for something else thats there problem angry.gif

Those clips are bizarre! Dan Brown (the writer) also states that Disney use some weird stuff is some of their animated films. For instance, in The Lion King, one huge plume of smoke has SEX wrote in it if you freeze frame it at the right moment!

275792[/snapback]

It actually says SFX.... people are just to moronic to see it and automatically think sex.....

Too moronic to see it? It's almost impossible to see anything in it. It's sad how someone spent all that time on it just for people to not see it and those that do misundersand what it says.

I spend a lot of time reading and researching history (or at least I used to, before I found this forum tongue.gif) and things like these cartoons provide a telling window into the era that produced them. I have some old children's books that are even worse, including one from the late 1800s where the main characters adopt an orphaned black boy whom the refer to as their "pet coon" (!) and where they deal with river pirates by killing them and burying their bodies on the shore. The Don Sturdy books from the early 1900s always involve the protagonists hunting down and killing animals that are now endangered or extinct, largely because during that era they were seen as trophies. And early girls' series fiction is so hopelessly sexist that a typical plot might involve the main character selflessly risking her popularity to help the poor little daughter of a newly-made oil millionaire learn to dress and do her hair right.

The thing is, yes, by todays standards these are all horrible. But you really can't take them out of context. Like it or not, they are a part of our past. They can't be unmade and to ban them would be to hide our heads in the sand about history. These expressions of popular sentiment from byegone eras are, if nothing else, a measure of how far we've come as a society and a reminder of what we don't want to return to. And sometimes, when we find ourselves tempted to fall into popular patterns of racial, national or religious hatred, perhaps these images can act as brakes to our darker tendencies, by showing us what can happen if we give in.

Edited by Elfstone810

Yes, times change and attitudes change. What was acceptable then is frowned upon now, but you can't change the past.

Disney (nor WB) wasn't 'evil' for making cartoons for the audience of that time. The audience was just of a different mindset.

Hmph...the only evil Disney did was take off one of the greatest cartoons ever made...Darkwing Duck! They also took off DuckTales...which peeved me to no end... angry.gif

Hmph...the only evil Disney did was take off one of the greatest cartoons ever made...Darkwing Duck! They also took off DuckTales...which peeved me to no end... angry.gif

431509[/snapback]

When there's trouble you

call DW!

(let's get DANGEROUS!)

grin2.gif

LOVED that show! I still giggle over some of the lines.

"I don't know anything about a pig and I was nowhere near the boys' bathroom at the time!"

"Hey! Honker CAN'T lie! I tried teachin' him but the lessons never took."

"They said I was mad! They said I was insane! And they were right."

rofl.gif

Hmm...somebody knows their Darkwing! thumbsup.gif Best show ever I say!

Edited by psycho skeptic

Most of the ones I can find are WB not Disney and a lot of Pop Eye, mostly propaganda films against the nazis and Japanese. A lot of the Disney bans seem to be self imposed, Song of the South was removed because of the unrealistic "all is well" portrayal of life at the time rather than for being out and out racist and scenes from Fantasia were blurred and zoomed out for PC purposes.

Are these people that make cartoons needing some kind of help. rofl.gif

What i have read so far suggests that the makers WD and the rest of them were sick in the head ,raciest,used cartoons for there own agenda. no.gif

And here`s me thinking all along it was to make kids laugh while they made lots of money ohmy.gif

Are these people that make cartoons needing some kind of help. rofl.gif 

What i have read so far suggests that the makers WD and the rest of them were sick in the head ,raciest,used cartoons for there own agenda. no.gif

And here`s me thinking all along it was to make kids laugh while they made lots of money ohmy.gif

431744[/snapback]

U bet if I could make cartoons, I would have an agenda. The best is when kids laugh and adults are like hmmmm.

Zoinks, Scoob, we're like outta food! He he he he he he (Picture Scooby's laugh wink2.gif )

I personally don't see a lot wrong with those cartoons. I love those old Looney Tunes cartoons and others. There has been a time or two where something I saw made me raise an eyebrow, because of how PC this country has become, but I wouldn't say I've ever seen anything offensive enough to ban. What I don't get is why it's ok to be so offensive in reference to God or Jesus, like South Park often does, but Cartoon Network can't even show Speedy Gonzales anymore. Seeing or hearing people bash or make fun or Jesus upsets me more than anything I can think of, but it's perfectly acceptable nowadays. Why are we so sensitive to EVERYONE these days, except Christians? We're people with feelings too. Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked. It just irks me. Anyway, if you ban one thing, you should ban them all. I would rather just make the choice to turn off South Park, or whatever else I personally am upset by, then see it banned.

Those cartoons were made because Disney needed funding for his cartoons. Back then the military was willing to fund production companies if they helped out with the war effort..........Soooooooo these propoganda films were a result of that. He was just doing his job for the government.

Plus cartoons were orginally focussed on entertaining adults...that would also explain some very "mature" content.

these were just cartoons

i dont know if this goes in this section..move it if it doesnt.

ok so ive heard the argument about disney being creepy and sex driven ...but this just takes the cake.

"the story of hitlers children" by disney

donald duck is part of the nazi party...

bugs bunny making fun of asians....

the link with pictures....

horriable....

look its bugs! trying to "blend in with the locals"

user posted image

oh...and you can still download these off the net...they are even sellling them on a site!!

have any of you seen any of these? we saw one in school about how old cartoons drew and animated black people......it wasnt very funny. but ive never seen the nazi thing...or any of these....

275192[/snapback]