Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fake Chinese Parts In US Military Planes

jugoso

The report accused Beijing of openly allowing counterfeiting operations, and said attempts by officials to get visas to travel to China as part of the probe had failed.

US authorities and contract companies contributed to the problem by not detecting the fakes and routinely failing to report them, the report said.

The Defence Department was also criticised for lacking "knowledge of the scope and impact of counterfeit parts on critical defence systems".

Where does the blame lie in your opinion' With China for not doing more to stop the counterfitting or the US by buying parts made in China and not checking to make sure they were authentic?

I like this quote

"This flood of counterfeit parts, overwhelmingly from China, threatens national security, the safety of our troops and American jobs.

I guess if the DoD isn´t getting the parts made in the US then it follows that it costs jobs.

And this:

As part of a year long investigation, the US Government Accountability Office created a fictitious company and purchased electronic parts on the internet.

Of the 16 items bought, all were counterfeit and some had bogus identification numbers.

Moral of the story....DoD shouldn´t buy their parts over the internet

:rofl:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Grey14

• Varelse

• Mr Right Wing

Top Posters In This Topic

But why did they buy components (and it sounds like some fairly important electronic components) from China in the first place? And this is supposed to be a government* that was so fiendishly efficient that it managed to arrange any number of vast plots against its own people that always worked flawlessly ...

* and it's by no means only the U.S. Govt, of course; all the "democracies" are just the same

Bogus aircraft parts have been a problem in aviation for a very long time, but not from China that I am aware.

It does seem very odd that it would be a problem for the Pentagon though. Poor quality control and inventory control is what it sounds like, along with the human factor of greed.

But why did they buy components (and it sounds like some fairly important electronic components) from China in the first place? And this is supposed to be a government* that was so fiendishly efficient that it managed to arrange any number of vast plots against its own people that always worked flawlessly ...

* and it's by no means only the U.S. Govt, of course; all the "democracies" are just the same

Because capitalism is about profit, not about your country's safety.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Bogus aircraft parts have been a problem in aviation for a very long time, but not from China that I am aware.

It does seem very odd that it would be a problem for the Pentagon though. Poor quality control and inventory control is what it sounds like, along with the human factor of greed.

Unless the gang in Mechanicsburg PA has changed a lot since I had to deal with them it is not surprising.

The report accused Beijing of openly allowing counterfeiting operations, and said attempts by officials to get visas to travel to China as part of the probe had failed.

Its even worse than that.

The US military cant guarentee that Chinese eletronic chips used in the circuit boards of everything from the F-22 to destroyers arent bugged or leaking data back to Bejing.

Suppose the defence department buys a monitore screen. How can it tell if somewhere on that screen there isnt a microscopic microphone?

I don't get it. Not even real parts. There used to be a rule that we could only purchase military equipment or parts from our allies.

From my understanding the government is not actually buying direct from China. They usually go through contractors, the contractor in turn are the ones actually getting the parts from china. Of course it all comes down to money and the making of it.

There. ..what Grey14 just said. That's what i suspected. .. DOD contracts parts from U.S. company , U.S. company gets some of the contracted parts built in China for pennies on the dollar. U.S. company cheats DOD. Is that what happened?