Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost pushed us, tourist claims

Waspie_Dwarf

Ghost pushed us, Larnach Castle tourist claims

Ghostly sightings may have left Cumberland College students spooked, but now a tourist has reported being bullied by a ghost at Larnach Castle.

Sightings of the ghost known as the "Grey Lady" at the college earlier this month have sparked a media frenzy, says the author of a soon-to-be-published book about Dunedin's haunted spots.

HairRaiser Tours owner Andrew Smith said well-known spots included Larnach Castle, the Fortune Theatre, Stafford Gables and a specific area around Moray Pl.

The college was in "lock-down" when he visitedwithother media yesterday.

Students and staff were ntsawere spooked by the latest sightings, he said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Cool article. Here's the biggest red flag for me. This statement I'm pasting.

Sightings of the ghost known as the "Grey Lady" at the college earlier this month have sparked a media frenzy, says the author of a soon-to-be-published book about Dunedin's haunted spots.

HairRaiser Tours owner Andrew Smith said well-known spots included Larnach Castle, the Fortune Theatre, Stafford Gables and a specific area around Moray Pl.

What would Mr. Smith have to gain by generating all the media frenzy? Sales for his up and coming book? Or packed HairRaiser tours?? Nothing in the article gave any sort of evidence for the claims. It was simply someone on a Ghost tour whom had an 'incident'. . . . Need I say more?

Edited by ColoradoParanormal
  • Like 1

That would have been one hell of an excuse for falling over when you were drunk....'i'm not drunk...the ghost pushed me'...

Time for GHI!!!

You're joking correct? lol Funny comment though!!!!! If you'll take the time to read my above comments and others you'll understand why there wasn't anything paranormal about this lol. Nothing more than a publicity stunt to generate media hype. :yes:

exaggerated and faked just to gain attention

Agreed! As I stated above, "What would Mr. Smith have to gain by generating all the media frenzy? Sales for his up and coming book? Or packed HairRaiser tours??" I don't believe there is any chance of paranormal events happening there. Nothing more than here-say and a chance to sell a book and pack tours. :tu: Good idea though!

Grey lady, white lady, BORING.

I can't wait for Ru Paul to pass to we can get some fabulousness in the ghost world.

New Zealand has castles!?

lol

Ghosts are so pushy lately.

It's the Ghost Radar Apps. Annoys them how daft people are to believe in them.

• Like 1

It's the Ghost Radar Apps. Annoys them how daft people are to believe in them.

hahah! God those apps are terrible!

Cool article. Here's the biggest red flag for me. This statement I'm pasting.

What would Mr. Smith have to gain by generating all the media frenzy? Sales for his up and coming book? Or packed HairRaiser tours?? Nothing in the article gave any sort of evidence for the claims. It was simply someone on a Ghost tour whom had an 'incident'. . . . Need I say more?

He could gain a lot, but clearly you need to say more. Like what did the witnesses who had nothing to gain say.

I'm always stunned by how shallow skeptical thinking can be.

He could gain a lot, but clearly you need to say more. Like what did the witnesses who had nothing to gain say.

I'm always stunned by how shallow skeptical thinking can be.

lol Skeptical thinking? I would say I'm rather one of the more educated "thinkers" here my friend. And a believer as well. So, kind of blows your theory out of the water. Second, in the article nothing was mentioned about whom the witnesses were or even their names. All that was told is a report by this man who has "a lot" to gain as you said. How are we to know there even was such an event? In my many years of experience, when finances are involved, there is no "low" people will take to gain. Cheers!