Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quote button

Keel M.

Sorry to add to your to-do list, Saru, but you might want to check into the functionality of the quote button. It doesn't seem to work, so I just type the code myself, but I realise not everyone knows to do that or what the code is.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• Saru

• Waspie_Dwarf

• sickpuppy

Seems to be working, what problem are you experiencing with it ?

I'll need a bit more information than that. :P

In what way doesn't it work ?

I clicky on the lil button that is meant for quotes - either before I insert the text to be quoted or after - and the code doesn't seem to like appearing.

So when you are writing out a post, you click the little quote speech bubble icon and nothing happens ?

It can be a bit slow for me sometimes, but eventually the quoted text appears in the Reply to this topic box.

Have you tried using the multiquote button? If that works for you then an alternative could be to use that and select only one post.

So when you are writing out a post, you click the little quote speech bubble icon and nothing happens ?

Correct. :)

It can be a bit slow for me sometimes, but eventually the quoted text appears in the Reply to this topic box.

Have you tried using the multiquote button? If that works for you then an alternative could be to use that and select only one post.

I don't mean when I reply to someone else on here and quote what they've said. I mean when I start a fresh topic and wish to quote information from another site. ;)

I don't mean when I reply to someone else on here and quote what they've said. I mean when I start a fresh topic and wish to quote information from another site. ;)

Ah, I see. I use an Android phone at the moment, and even though I use the full site I lost all those buttons (quote, colour, bold, et cetera) when the site updated.

Is that the only editor button that doesn't work for you ? What browser are you using ?

That's the only one I use on a regular basis that doesn't seem to work for me, yes. I am using Internet Exploder.

Which version of Internet Explorer ?

the quote button is 'iffy' here also, using IE8.

i've found the least aggrovating method is to hit 'enter' a few times and create 4-5 empty text lines, then i'll hit that quote button on the middle empty line.. the {quote} {/quote} parameters will then appear, then i PASTE the copied quote in.. then i usually grief the person out :tsu:

it always worked correctly before these recent changes..

Where is the quote button ? What does it look like cant find it ?

It looks like a thought bubble and is located between the "<>" symbol and the "t" for Twitter when you go to make a post.

You can type in the quote tags yourself

[quote][/quote]

if clicking on the quote button isn't working for you.

Edited by Angel Left Wing

Where is the quote button ? What does it look like cant find it ?

On the bottom right of the poster's text box you are reading. Each post has a quote button............................................below here

Edited by libstaK