Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you ever feel 'connected' to someone...

NewfiePrincess

Hi, this is my first post here...kind of a strange question that I hope I'll be able to articulate clearly.

About 5 years ago I worked with a man who I developed somewhat of a friendship with-such as talking at work and occasionally online. I suppose I developed a bit of a 'crush' on him, however it is different from anything I've ever felt before.

I've been in a serious, mostly happy relationship now for ten years, yet I feel this strange connection to this other man. For instance, even though we haven't worked together for about 4 years, nor have we talked online, I still think about him on a daily basis. I worry about his well-being, and I have dreams about him at least once a week (usually more.) If we see eachother in person we may say a quick hello but that would be it.

Anyways, my question is, is it possibly that I am connected to this man in some sort of a spiritual way? I highly doubt that I ever cross his mind, but that confuses me because if I believe in how the universe supposedly works with the energy and thoughts you put out there, I would think that he should feel some sort of connection to me as well, if that makes any sense? Is there something more supernatural that could be going on here, or is this merely some kind of love interest that I can't seem to shake? It's been a good 5 years of having this man on my mind and in my dreams, and wishing he felt the same connection but he obviously doesn't..and I am tired of it...I don't want to feel this connection to him anymore but I don't know how to stop this feeling!

I hope this made sense. Please reply if you know anything at all about this, I am desperate for answers, lol.

• Like 1

Hi,

Welcome to UM.

I tend to think that we have many spiritual bonds which most of us never become conscious of. There does need to be an exchange of energies for this awareness to evolve.

In the spiritual realm, we each have a relationship co-ordinator. It is my understanding that relationship potentials are fostered by this aspect of our greater self. In my view, the best way to influence our highest potentials is to commit to being our most authentic expression of self.

I hope my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

• Like 1

Thank you John for your reply, yes it was helpful :) I believe that this is indeed a spiritual bond, I am obviously aware of it but perhaps he is not. I have found myself to be highly intuitive and somewhat psychic, skills I would love to develop more but some silly fears always hold me back when I start getting anywhere with it, but that's a whole other topic, lol. Thanks again!

This Is A Great Question, Princess ..

I Know What You're Talking About Coz I Have Something Similiar Going On .. And It's Been Going On For 9 Years .. I've Been In A Happy Relationships For 6 Years Now .. But Still I Dream Of This Person Quite Often Even If I See Them Only Once Or Twice A Year And There's Nothing Except A Casual Hi ..

I Think We Have Connections With Other People Even If They Are Not Meant To Be In Our Lives Full-Time .. But Then Again, They Are Meant To Be In Our Lives, Since We Can't Let Go Of Them .. Does This Make Sense??

Who Knows, Maybe They Played An Important Role In One Of Our Past Lives?? I Read A Book Called "Destiny Of Souls" By Michael Newton Who Explains Wonderfully Things Like These .. I Suggest You Have A Look :)

Right on, seems right up my alley... I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the reply, it's comforting to know this is an actual thing that other people experience.

I'm thinking maybe he was your husband/son/dad or whatever in a past life? Someone you were very close to in your past life. Maybe you remember him more than he remembers you?

• Like 3

I'm thinking maybe he was your husband/son/dad or whatever in a past life? Someone you were very close to in your past life. Maybe you remember him more than he remembers you?

Why Husband/ Son/ Dad? Why A He?? Sexes May Vary From Life To Life ..

When I was transferring universities to one closer to home, I had to make up a math requirement during the summer, so I took a very basic math class during the summer at this new university. There was a young woman in the class who caught my eye the first time I walked in. I don't mean it like an attraction or anything. She seemed familiar and I tried to think of where I knew her from. I couldn't come up with anything, but so many things about her seemed familiar.

As the class went on I saw her glancing at me more and I figured she probably had caught me looking and thought I was either rude, weird, or interested, none of which I was (well.. maybe a bit weird).

Finally, one day she walked up to me a bummed a cigarette and said, "I feel like I know you from somewhere, but can't place it." We fell to talking... trying to figure out common friends or places we hung out in high school or anything, but there was no possible connection. The oddest thing was, I knew she had a brother and a cat, and she knew I was the youngest and had sisters. She knew I transfered from a college in NY. Quite a few other things just popped up in random conversation that were right.. semi-frequently.

The class ended and we didn't stay in touch. It still makes me wonder though. Why were we so sure we knew each other, and why did we?

• Like 1

Hmm, this has happened to me a lot.

Some people believe in past lives and others think its a load of crap. Personally I like to believe in past lives. ive recalled at least 4 or 5 and 1 very strange one.

A poster above mentioned that it could be a lover or someone that was close to you in a past life, this could be very possible. I recall once upon a time my ex-fiancé introduced me to a good male friend of hers, she really wanted us to get on but I made no promises, after talking to the guy for no more than 30 minutes it felt like I had known him my entire life. A few months, no mroe than 3, went by and he was confiding stuff in me that he wouldnt and couldnt confide in people he had grown up with and called his closest friends.

In this era, the Age of technology, I personally think that people are so consumed by physical things and the whole 'If I cant feel it, or see it with my own eyes it doesnt exist', that they forget about the spiritual side of things. For example, the bond of love between 2 people, is that physical, something you can feel, touch or see, I mean the real bond you feel even if that person is thousands of miles away? Thats one very common example of the spiritual side of things.

I met a girl last december, she was around the same age as me, long story short, we had a very, very strong bond from the get go so to speak, it ended quite badly, mostly due to the way the girl acted. So all im saying, even though you have this strong bond with him, maybe try and think of how it could have been if you had acted differently.

Just my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was transferring universities to one closer to home, I had to make up a math requirement during the summer, so I took a very basic math class during the summer at this new university. There was a young woman in the class who caught my eye the first time I walked in. I don't mean it like an attraction or anything. She seemed familiar and I tried to think of where I knew her from. I couldn't come up with anything, but so many things about her seemed familiar.

As the class went on I saw her glancing at me more and I figured she probably had caught me looking and thought I was either rude, weird, or interested, none of which I was (well.. maybe a bit weird).

Finally, one day she walked up to me a bummed a cigarette and said, "I feel like I know you from somewhere, but can't place it." We fell to talking... trying to figure out common friends or places we hung out in high school or anything, but there was no possible connection. The oddest thing was, I knew she had a brother and a cat, and she knew I was the youngest and had sisters. She knew I transfered from a college in NY. Quite a few other things just popped up in random conversation that were right.. semi-frequently.

The class ended and we didn't stay in touch. It still makes me wonder though. Why were we so sure we knew each other, and why did we?

Ohhhh That's An Awesome Story!!

Something Similar Happened A Few Times To Me Too .. Somebody Catches My Eye And I Know I Must Have Seen Them Before Or Known Them Before But I Can Never Remember When Or Where .. That Wouldn't Be So Strange, I See Thousands Of People Every Day ..

But There's Something That Tells Me I've Known Them Better Than That ..

Isn't It Funny Tho, When You Think About It?! :)

I Would Say You Had Some Connections In One Of Your Past Lives, But Then Again .. How Would She Know Facts About Your Current Life If You've Never Seen Her Before?!

Very Interesting ...

This may be contradictory a bit for my next thread... but I believe from my experience that it could have been someone you had met within an Astral state.

Think of meeting someone within this state of consciousness, when we meet out-of-body we can learn about a persons entire life within what feels like seconds. So the backfall when experiencing the OBE while sleeping, you think that it is a dream and might just forget the experience, but not the knowledge of the other person.

On the other hand people have been talking about past lives, but like Ninhursag said, I agree that if it had something to do with past-lives then there would be no corrilation with their lives now.

I'd like to try and come at this skeptically but feel that this would be an unexplainable occurance.

• 2 weeks later...

i fel tthis way over my ex, there was never a time i didnt dress nice for him or not get nervous, i literally would lose my breath when i was with him, but he was a jerk and we broke up till this day i still only remeber him we def had such a strong connection one that i notice only i feel and he doesnt he never did feel it back, and i dont mean love, but the feeling i felt like idk he even looked familiar to me, when i saw him he reminded me of someone and i never figured out who, he never felt that about me. i also always had this thing for a guy a had a crush on in high school, he was the sweetest nicest funniest smartest, well to me he was perfect, he rejected me, and 3 years pass by i have always thought about him and thought we coudlve been so perfect together, well 3 yrs laters he is into me and i notice hes a drug ddict now, he drinks a lot, we still have everythign in common so should i stay because i feel this stron connection? i kinda tried, but he played too many games and i decided to move on, my heart had a hard time realizing tht this whole time h was a jerk and i really didnt want to give up on him for my own sake and pleassure. but i did, and now i dont feel anythign for anyone no connection at all! lol maybe its just what u THINK u think that person is like, and u feel this thing, but in reality its just ur harmones? lol i still cant get over my 1st ex ive never felt so out of breath and weak with someone, but maybe idk...............ugh i just wrote too much

• 3 weeks later...

yeah. (: i really liked this girl and she liked me, but she never made it obvious and i thought she didn't like me. i would think about her all the time and dream about her, and i actually felt like she was thinking about me. like i knew she was. didn't know how, but i just knew. it's very hard to explain. then a long time after i found out that she liked me at the time too. i've read that sometimes when someone thinks about you they send alpha brainwaves to your mind and you start thinking about them. like when you think about someone and they call you or text you like 2 seconds after. and for some reason, i always say what my cousin is thinking before she says it. not like i can actually read her mind, but i say things and she's always like "I was going to say that!" she's the only person i can do that with.i guess it's cuz i've known her all my life. t's weird but awesome. (:

• 2 months later...

Hi...even i feel the connection for my ex boyfreind with who brokeup with me some months back. I know him from my teens and we broke contact for some years. Inspite of all this i always felt connected to him from so many years. There is some kind of connection which i couldnt feel for any other guy. There are many things similar between us , even our childhood was similar. What my nature is , he is almost similar to me. I dont know why but the day i had met him in the teens ,i felt connected to him. Though we didnt talk for some years but there is some thing which makes me go close to him always.....and that is one of the reasons I STILL love him.

• Like 1

Hi, this is my first post here...kind of a strange question that I hope I'll be able to articulate clearly.

About 5 years ago I worked with a man who I developed somewhat of a friendship with-such as talking at work and occasionally online. I suppose I developed a bit of a 'crush' on him, however it is different from anything I've ever felt before.

I've been in a serious, mostly happy relationship now for ten years, yet I feel this strange connection to this other man. For instance, even though we haven't worked together for about 4 years, nor have we talked online, I still think about him on a daily basis. I worry about his well-being, and I have dreams about him at least once a week (usually more.) If we see eachother in person we may say a quick hello but that would be it.

Anyways, my question is, is it possibly that I am connected to this man in some sort of a spiritual way? I highly doubt that I ever cross his mind, but that confuses me because if I believe in how the universe supposedly works with the energy and thoughts you put out there, I would think that he should feel some sort of connection to me as well, if that makes any sense? Is there something more supernatural that could be going on here, or is this merely some kind of love interest that I can't seem to shake? It's been a good 5 years of having this man on my mind and in my dreams, and wishing he felt the same connection but he obviously doesn't..and I am tired of it...I don't want to feel this connection to him anymore but I don't know how to stop this feeling!

I hope this made sense. Please reply if you know anything at all about this, I am desperate for answers, lol.

i had a sort of this expirience before few mounths in the summer.....i goed into a trip with alot of friends and people idont know and there was some girl that i didnt know but somehow ifelt connected which wierd beacuse i didnt talk to her maybe 1-2 words in all week but also after few weeks i had visions about her and i didnt realy thinked about her dont know if its crush or spirituality but what you saying about might be a spirituality friendship...

• 2 months later...

Ok, I know this thread is kind of old now but I had to post my experince here(beacuse it's been driving me crazy!) So here it is: I was at a large festival last spring where there were quite a few bands playing some I knew and some I didn't. I was sitting at a bar and I overheard this music playing on a stage behind the bar, and I had to go see who it was. I loved it! Previously I had heard this persons music but didn't care for it at all. But once I saw it live--- that was it. I tried to get as close as I could to the stage but ended up not being able to get as close as I would have liked. Long story short, I really enjoyed the set, went on my merry way, and didn't give it a second thought. A few days after the festival, I went home and couldn't stop thinking about this person. I started googling him, and found out we have a A LOT of things in common--same birthday, same childhood/adolescent interests, some of the same mannerisms ( Am I crazy or what haha.) I would watch interviews with him and I would feel overwhelmingly drawn to him, and his personality. I feel like we would instantly have a connection if we ever met. I've had to stop looking at pictures/videos of him, and listening to his music because I would have a lingering depression for a day or two after doing so... and because I feel ridiculous doing it. What does this mean? I know people are attracted to celebrities/musicians all the time, but I really feel like this is more than that. I've consciously tried to stop thinking about this person, but it's been very difficult. And to top it off, he's definitely NOT someone people would find attractive. I feel more attracted to his spirit than anything else. Could we be connected in some way? This has actually turned out to be quite a problem for me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi... I have experianced this strange thing in my life , i had never thought about it . I feel very connected to my ex . He is everyday in my mind ,though i dont think about him intentionaly. There is not a single day , that i dont feel him though we are not in talking term much. I m jus tired of it ... As if there is some empty thing left in me. Its very hard to explain... I feel he is everyday present with me , There is something I am searching for , Something which has left me. This feeling is too strange . It is painful and tyring though..

• 1 year later...

Hi ,

I am happily married from 4 years , one day I got a message in twitter from a guy and he just praised my clicks there , I never response to unknown people but that day I don't know why I feel connected at a second , I just check the person in LinkedIn send me a request and from next day we started chatting ... we keep on talking whole day for some 3 days , he says he too feel attracted to me . but as I married I didn't like to response on some questions he put , he p***ed and delete me off , still I keep on requesting him to add me back & talk I don't know why .. I feel so much connected to him , I m missing him a lot want to again get back to start talking .. why is this , why am I so much attracted towards him .

Please help what should I do .

Hi ,

I am happily married from 4 years , one day I got a message in twitter from a guy and he just praised my clicks there , I never response to unknown people but that day I don't know why I feel connected at a second , I just check the person in LinkedIn send me a request and from next day we started chatting ... we keep on talking whole day for some 3 days , he says he too feel attracted to me . but as I married I didn't like to response on some questions he put , he p***ed and delete me off , still I keep on requesting him to add me back & talk I don't know why .. I feel so much connected to him , I m missing him a lot want to again get back to start talking .. why is this , why am I so much attracted towards him .

Please help what should I do .

Hello,

I would like to say that we have many 'soul bonds' like this one which you have described. I feel it is best for you to know that and move on.

Attraction between people will always be powerful. Still it takes mutual interest to maintain a relationship.

I hope this thought will be helpful.

John

• Like 2

Connections... Im finally happy without any deep relationships in my life, oh, would not trade this feeling for nothing in the world :)

Them connections are real but every connection gets broken at some point, its like golden rule of connections.

I felt connected to my ex-girlfriend a long time ago. It was often difficult to however since we were on separate continents. But when the connection was at it's peak I could close my eyes and describe what she saw in vivid detail and she would confirm what I say with pictures. For example she was with a friend wearing a red jumper and I said, "You're with somebody in a red jumpsuit walking in a school." She took a picture with her friend in a red jumper in the hallway of a school.

The connection slowly faded as our love did and now I am with a beautiful girl but she does not have the same ability as my ex did.

I don't consider this experience psychic, there is an explanation I don't really think is my place to detail -- besides, you wouldn't believe it.

Thanks John,

I am in verge of it , but he keeps on playing back on my head .. Too Tough to let it GO

hi, Ignore the following if it doesnt feel right to you.

Your situation is one I really suggest to seek out a healer who does past life clearing to help you clear and cut the connection with that guy. He obviously holds no respect for you at all (as he didnt even want to stay friends) and doesnt care about you. It sounds to me to be a past life situation close to repeating itself again. (we can repeat things with people over and over till we learn what we need to learn).

I you do want to clear this past and seriously look for someone to help where you live but cant find anyone.. you can pm me here and I'll try to guide you throu a process which may completely fix this (unlink you and clear the energy which is causing your reaction from you). (its hard thou for me to work on something like this from a distance as I usually would have the one Im trying to help with me to give directions through out the process and guide. Hence i make this offer only if you cant find another to help as I dont know how successful it may be to guide you alone throu this).

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 1