Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man divorces wife over her 550 cats

Still Waters

Dogs have been known to come between married couples in the past, but it's less common for a partner to choose her HUNDREDS of cats over her lover.

In Israel, however, one man has divorced his wife because she refused to get rid of her 550 cats.

The court in the southern Israeli town of Beersheba urged the couple to attempt a reconciliation, but the wife refused to part with her feline friends, which apparently meant more to her than her husband.

http://www.dailymail...d-550-cats.html

That the number increased to 550 is something he needs to share responsibility for. He could have done some active beside complain, like take them to the animal shelter when they first arrived or arranged adoptions. If it was due to breeding, then no excuse - he could have had them fixed before it came to that.

Outside of that, how much attention was he paying to his wife if she had time to attend to 550 cats - makes you wonder if she didn't prefer the cats to living with a ghost.

it cant be healthy to keep so many cats, shes definetly a crazy cat lady. of course their marriage wont work out if he cant sleep in his own bed cause of the cats, and she is spending all her time looking after them

I'm a cat lover so I don't see a problem there, tee hee! Besides losing one husband (husbands are usually no good anyway) and gaining 550 loyal companions seems a good bargain. If it were dogs though I would be wondering why she isn't in an asylum ;)

• Like 1

Looks like it took this guy a good long while to discover he didn't like cats.

Maybe it was cat #490 that pushed him over the edge. She was a wee rascal.

:unsure2:

I thought 6 was a lot of cats but 550?! Oh my god. Give half those cats to a shelter or other people!

• Like 1

The German city of Hamelin is having rat problems again, she could be the next hero for them if she moves there!

• Like 1

I think this falls under the classification of pet hoarding. Isn't that a mental illness? If I were the magistrate I would not allow the divorce on these grounds. The guy was an enabler to her craziness. I wonder if she's suing him for"support" for the felines? :clap:

I'm a cat lover so I don't see a problem there, tee hee! Besides losing one husband (husbands are usually no good anyway) and gaining 550 loyal companions seems a good bargain. If it were dogs though I would be wondering why she isn't in an asylum ;)

Yeah, who doesn't want to live in a house that smells like cat feces and p***. This guy needs to send his wife out for groceries, and then set off a few Insect Bombs in the house. You know, to help with the fleas? Problem solved, zero cats.

Good Grief! I only have two collies and some of my friends call me a "crazy dog lady". :o

Lilly, two dogs hardly make you crazy dog lady! Well, unless you feed them off of a fork, and let them tongue kiss you on the mouth. That is a little extreme from my side of the fence.

What I am unsure of is if the woman had hundreds of cats to begin with when he married her.

Why did he just sit idly by and let this situation spiral out of control like this? Did he not seek help from her parents or something?

Seriously, I like kitties but 550 of them is way too much for one person to handle.

It is too bad the husband decided to divorce her rather than get her some help that she obviously needed.

Oh well....

I don't like or dislike cats but the fact that she would rather spend her time cleaning cat poo than spend time with her husband would've been enough for me to say Adios to this headcase...

That sounds more like an infestation than pets...

Lilly, two dogs hardly make you crazy dog lady! Well, unless you feed them off of a fork, and let them tongue kiss you on the mouth. That is a little extreme from my side of the fence.

Uh...no way (to either). My dogs each have their own bowls and eat Science Diet dog food. As for kissing on the mouth, only within my own species...and I have restrictions therein.

That cannot be healthy for any of them, including the cats. How does she feed 550 cats? if she were I the US she would have had the Humane Society or the ASPCA taking the them away by cat #30. She's an animal hoarder and it's a bad situation for all.

• Like 1

Good for him.

Double post. My apologies.

Edited by fatalcharm

As a cat lover, it infuriates me when I hear about people who think that they can look after so many cats. How is this woman able to feed 550 cats every day? Are they all desexed? Are they all regularly wormed? Does she take them to the vet when they are injured or sick? Does each cat get the love and attention that it deserves? I doubt it. This woman thinks that she is saving the cats but they are better off being put to sleep than living in a situation like this. As for her husband leaving, I don't blame him.

Dang, even in a 2,000 square foot house that 1 cat per 3.63 square feet. With that many she'd be changing all the litter boxes for sure.