Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Naked man killed after eating man's face

Mysterious zombie

There are always opinions (right and wrong) thrown around until the evidence is released. Remember when Trayvon Martin was a wonderful young black boy and his pictures were always pics from when he was little. Now we know he was a 17 year old who had been in trouble several times before and had pot in his system. I don't believe most of what comes directly after a story.

My opinion on this is that the guy was on something. Without a history of "face-eating" I don't think he just snapped without any added help. But we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't remember that one, but I know exactly what you mean.

I personally don't think it will be some zombie apocalypse, but just for fun and because this is kind of intresting:

http://www.buzzfeed....gins-in-florida

The elementary school thing is a bit weird.

Edited by Coffey

Here is another twist....why was the homeless man naked? Both men were naked? When do you ever see homeless people naked in the middle of the day? Most homeless people don't even sleep naked at night.

Did I miss something?

I read this towards the end of the article ...

Police theorize the attacker might have been suffering from "cocaine psychosis," a drug-induced craze that bakes the body internally and often leads the affected to strip naked to try and cool off.

I don't get it but I find this entire story very disturbing... Especially the part where they report.. the naked man would not stop eating the mans face even when they fired their guns.. :blink:

I read this towards the end of the article ...

I don't get it but I find this entire story very disturbing... Especially the part where they report.. the naked man would not stop eating the mans face even when they fired their guns.. :blink:

Yeah, but i read the victim was naked too. Doesn't that seem rather odd?

"cocaine psychosis" ...... that's laughable to say the least....... and many will believe it if they aren't educated in side-effects of cocaine or other 'street drugs'

This was the effect of PCP.

Simply youtube 'PCP':

Edited by acidhead

Here is another twist....why was the homeless man naked? Both men were naked? When do you ever see homeless people naked in the middle of the day? Most homeless people don't even sleep naked at night.

Did I miss something?

Who said both guys were naked? Check the link I posted (if you're willing to do so after reading my warning), the victim was fully clothed:

You can see more post-incident photos in the following link (WARNING: one of them shows the victim's eaten face and it's really gore-ish and morbid, as almost nothing of his face remains):

http://www.downtownm...o-zombies/6925/

Man, poor guy.

Well... who knows how long the homeless man went without food? He was probably starving!

We should all start attending that school that offers self defense against a zombie apocalypse! Wasn't that the University of Michigan? The timing to start the program couldn't of have been more perfect!!! Haha! :tu:

Who said both guys were naked? Check the link I posted (if you're willing to do so after reading my warning), the victim was fully clothed:

In the link you provided it said the attacker forced the victim to disrobe.

Eugene happened across Poppo, forced him to disrobe and then proceeded to “eat” at his face.

* Sigh * The " face eater " as people seem to label him was not a zombie or a cannibal, he was under the influence of drugs . Hence forth the major trip he went on and chowed down on the homeless man's face. And the only reason why the first shot fired off at the man didn't seem to effect him any was because his adrenaline level was sky high. Although it is disturbing, but that's also what drugs can do to you.

Edited by Vzy4kat63

* Sigh * The " face eater " as people seem to label him was not a zombie or a cannibal, he was under the influence of drugs . Hence forth the major trip he went on and chowed down on the homeless man's face. And the only reason why the first shot fired off at the man didn't seem to effect him any was because his adrenaline level was sky high. Although it is disturbing, but that's also what drugs can do to you.

We know it wasn't a zombie or a cannibal it's just a media term. Like when a psychopath kills kids he will be labelled a monster, we know he wasn't really a monster it's just a way to describe him.

"cocaine psychosis" ...... that's laughable to say the least....... and many will believe it if they aren't educated in side-effects of cocaine or other 'street drugs'

Simply youtube 'PCP':

Yeah smashing a fence in or smacking a car window are things that people do on alcohal as well. LOL

Eating someones face is not the same.

There is more to this story, he is either a cannibal or had mental health issues causing him to want to do this already but managed to keep a straight head normally and being on drugs, he let him self go. That in my opinion is the only way this makes sense. Just blaming the drug is really ignorant.

*sigh* Please educate yourself on drugs properly and not the garbage the media feeds you.

Yeah smashing a fence in or smacking a car window are things that people do on alcohal as well. LOL

Eating someones face is not the same.

There is more to this story, he is either a cannibal or had mental health issues causing him to want to do this already but managed to keep a straight head normally and being on drugs, he let him self go. That in my opinion is the only way this makes sense. Just blaming the drug is really ignorant.

*sigh* Please educate yourself on drugs properly and not the garbage the media feeds you.

You kind of contradicted yourself. We all have things we would like to do. If the drugs let us do it, then the drugs are mostly to blame. I'd like to kill a few people that I know. I won't though. Maybe I would if I took too much of something that I'm not prepared for. I'd also like to be able to fly.

• Like 2

Yeah, but i read the victim was naked too. Doesn't that seem rather odd?

Odd indeed.. Perhaps he too was off his face in drugs and was experiencing the same thing, wanting to cool down? ( pun not intended ) Or perhaps the other man who attacked him, stripped him down first? The whole thing is very odd...*shudders*

Simply youtube 'PCP':

Wasn't PCP according to reports....it was Bath salts containing Methylendioxypyrovalerone or MDPV.It seems its the new drug craze.

Edited by BrianPotter

You kind of contradicted yourself. We all have things we would like to do. If the drugs let us do it, then the drugs are mostly to blame. I'd like to kill a few people that I know. I won't though. Maybe I would if I took too much of something that I'm not prepared for. I'd also like to be able to fly.

I know how it came across as a sort of contradiction but it's not.

The man had to have these thoughts already. It's similar to when people go on shooting rampages and the parents or families along with the media blames computer games or movies. The fact is the person had a mental problem and thta was the real cause of it. Exactly the same with the drugs. It's used as a scapegoat.

If he had been drunk, the exact same thing could have happened, So why is alcohal legal and drugs ilegal?

The videos showing people punching through fences and hitting cars while naked and angry are just laughable for the simple reaosn that I ahve seen allt hose things done by someone who has been drinking too much. In fact i have seen far worse done by people drinking alcohal and I have also heard of unbeleivable things done by people who have been drinking. So again, why are drugs ilegal and alcohal not?

Drugs are not to blame and thta is my point, anyone who has seen or been around people or done it themselves, who is not ignorant and properly educated knows damn fine that drugs do not cause things liek this. The person taking them does.

Another comparison is cars and even more obvious motorbikes. Both can potentially kill people at the hands of the wrong person.... Yet we don't ban these things. lol

Guns, knives other potential weapons are all dangerous at the hands of the wrong person... Again... same issues.

Saying drugs caused this is ignorant.

This is the weirdest thing I've read for a looooong time. It's so freaky and disgusting. The poor guy that was attacked... hope he recovers in hospital.

Yes, but does HE want to recover? His life has been bad enough so far, I can't imagine he wants to continue with it: all the operations he'll need and he'll still be very deformed; the nightmares ......... and where is he going to live?

Yes, but does HE want to recover? His life has been bad enough so far, I can't imagine he wants to continue with it: all the operations he'll need and he'll still be very deformed; the nightmares ......... and where is he going to live?

How does the health care over there work in this case? I thought in the US you had to pay for it and if you can't then it's tough luck?

If I had been through his life and that disturbing experience, I don't think I would want to survive...I really do not know..it pains me to think about it to be honest...

How does the health care over there work in this case? I thought in the US you had to pay for it and if you can't then it's tough luck?

I live in the UK and I was wondering the same as you. Perhaps someone in the US could enlighten us? I find it hard to believe he's going to get all the reconstruction work for free, and yet he won't survive without it. I doubt whether he would settle in a mental institution if that was all that was available to him, after he's been living in the open for 30yrs.

• Like 1

According to his on/off girlfriend she believes he was voodoo cursed and he, Rudy Eugene was originally from Haiti.

http://news.sky.com/...rticle/16238910

Well that's not quite what she said. She thought he was either affected by drugs OR had a voodoo curse on him. She herself did not believe in voodoo so it sounds as if that was somebody elses idea that she was commenting on.

He has a record: he tried to kill his mother and when the police went to that incident he became the first person to have a taser used on him(by that police force? in that county/state? I don't know). One of the officers involved in that incident remembered Eugene didn't respond to them, stared right through them as if they weren't there.

• Like 1

Well that's not quite what she said. She thought he was either affected by drugs OR had a voodoo curse on him. She herself did not believe in voodoo so it sounds as if that was somebody elses idea that she was commenting on.

He has a record: he tried to kill his mother and when the police went to that incident he became the first person to have a taser used on him(by that police force? in that county/state? I don't know). One of the officers involved in that incident remembered Eugene didn't respond to them, stared right through them as if they weren't there.

True, I did read the OR bit, but everyone seems to be blaming the drugs. I read that about the taser, so maybe he had some mental issues?

True, I did read the OR bit, but everyone seems to be blaming the drugs. I read that about the taser, so maybe he had some mental issues?

Which might have included a feeling that he had been cursed/possessed. Perhaps members of his family had told him he was cursed/possessed. His former wife/partner of many years, said that while she didn't believe he had a mental illness, he certainly felt that everyone was constantly against him. She ended the relationship because he was becoming violent.

• Like 1

In the link you provided it said the attacker forced the victim to disrobe.

Did you check the photos, though? In one of them you can that see he wasn't fully naked.