Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Naked man killed after eating man's face

Mysterious zombie

Did you check the photos, though? In one of them you can that see he wasn't fully naked.

I think the mention of 'two naked men' came about because the first pictures to appear(from the nearby CCTV), showed them from the waist down only .

How does the health care over there work in this case? I thought in the US you had to pay for it and if you can't then it's tough luck?

That is a rumor people like to believe. We have public hospitals that cannot turn down anyone no matter what their financial situation.

• Like 2

That is a rumor people like to believe. We have public hospitals that cannot turn down anyone no matter what their financial situation.

Well that's good to know I didn't know it was a rumour..I was hoping it was not true and now you have shed better light on it...... Because I too was wondering about his hospital treatment.. And living over here I am not 100 % as to how they deal with it in the USA.. I did know about hospital bills and health insurance , and because I had a friend who lives in PA he was badly injured , he came off his motor cycle and was cut up badly.. I asked him how come hew wont go to the ER? He said - I cannot afford the bills and I am not insured......I don't know if he was just messing with me to gain sympathy or not..I did believe him because at the time I knew nothing at all about how it worked over there.. ( it was many years ago..) . So it is no wonder I felt there might not be much hope for this poor guy.... Because the poor man was homeless.. all I could think of was- what will happen to him? It's good to know that he can still get treatment...poor guy..he will likely need psychiatric treatment too from the disturbing trauma he suffered ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If you don't have insurance public hospitals have to take you, but they will bill you. If you have any money coming in at all they do expect you to pay and will come after their money...and it is very expensive. I can understand your friend not wanting to go.

Since this man has nothing tax payers will pay for his medical expenses. I know for a fact that our local public hospitals have excellent care because I've had family in them.

Edited by Michelle

Lucky he wasn't Christian... he'd have turned the other cheek and ended up even worse!

(only saying)

:)

• Like 1

If you don't have insurance public hospitals have to take you, but they will bill you. If you have any money coming in at all they do expect you to pay and will come after their money. Since this man has nothing tax payers will pay for his medical expenses. I know for a fact that our local public hospitals have excellent care because I've had family in them.

Well it is a relief to know actually I am glad you have said so...Usually people can be a bit vague on this matter in ref to hospital care.. so for us over the pond to know 100% what goes on is a bit hard.. if you can understand..

Lucky he wasn't Christian... he'd have turned the other cheek and ended up even worse!

(only saying)

:)

El.....*shakes head* what are you like lol............. In all seriousness though. .I saw the picture of his poor face and there is practically nothing left of his face at all..

Yes, but does HE want to recover? His life has been bad enough so far, I can't imagine he wants to continue with it: all the operations he'll need and he'll still be very deformed; the nightmares ......... and where is he going to live?

Oh come on.... don't be negative. There are people living with only half their bodies, people with no legs and no arms. There is a woman with no legs and no arms that has had a baby! It is natural to want to live and to try to do everything and anything in order to survive. Sure... this guy wants to live, unless I hear otherwise in the news. I feel so sorry for this victim. A victim of an outrageous hainous crime. Shame the police shot the drug guy.... because I think that sending him off to prison would have been appropriate and he seems to have gotten out the easy way. The police just shoot first and ask questions later, so I do not and will never understand the American police and how they just shoot to kill. This homeless guy..... now someone will give him a place to live and maybe even someone will give him a job! Where is your charity and kind heart Ouija?

• Like 1

El.....*shakes head* what are you like lol............. In all seriousness though. .I saw the picture of his poor face and there is practically nothing left of his face at all..

I can *not* bring myself to have a peek at the photos... there's no way I can *shudders*.... no... and they really should not have published any photos of this man. Instead of taking the time to snap photos to publish, they should have been helping this man get to the hospital! This man has been violated in the worst way... just imagine if it was you or someone you knew personally. Everyone reading this forum, please mention this man in your prayers because he needs our prayers and well wishes.

I know, I know.... *guilty avatar*

but still... he should have armed himself if he's gonna live a dangerous lifestyle, imo. Or at least wear some Old Spice to keep others at bay.

Is it me? i had a thread about circumcision taken down last week because the link showed a mans penis, here we have a man with his face ripped off, something is seriously f*(&! up

Oh come on.... don't be negative. There are people living with only half their bodies, people with no legs and no arms. There is a woman with no legs and no arms that has had a baby! It is natural to want to live and to try to do everything and anything in order to survive. Sure... this guy wants to live, unless I hear otherwise in the news. I feel so sorry for this victim. A victim of an outrageous hainous crime. Shame the police shot the drug guy.... because I think that sending him off to prison would have been appropriate and he seems to have gotten out the easy way. The police just shoot first and ask questions later, so I do not and will never understand the American police and how they just shoot to kill. This homeless guy..... now someone will give him a place to live and maybe even someone will give him a job! Where is your charity and kind heart Ouija?

Okay, I'm going to assume you are being serious: the people who have limbs missing and yet still manage to have some sort of a life that they enjoy, most likely have loving and supportive families.

It is only 'natural' to want to live, up until the point where life has handed you so much s**t that you just can't take any more, that all hope is gone and you have no faith left in your fellow humans; the point where you are so traumatised it can't be fixed. How on earth can you say 'sure this guy wants to live'? He probably started wishing he was dead round about the time Eugene took his first bite ...... and hasn't stopped since.

The guy's been homeless for over 30yrs, he's used to living rough in the open air and behaving as he likes, even if someone gave him a home do you honestly think he would be happy with that? What sort of a job could he do? There's a likelihood that he had mental health issues/addictions before this happened ..... what state do you think his mind will be in now .... and for the rest of his life.

As regards my sense of charity and kindheartedness, I believe in the quality of life, not the length of it.

Edited by ouija ouija

You are right for a number of people.. But not all. I have heard and read stories of people who took their own lives because they lost more than a limb.. or got their body badly burnt / destroyed they were too traumatized they lost the will to live... It depends on how it can effect the person... I guess people will not know how it will effect them until it one day unfortunately happens. .then that's when it hits you.. So I personally would not know how I would feel..I hope and pray I never have to go through it..I wouldn't wish that on anyone

I read a story about a poor woman who had her face chewed by a mad dog...Her face and neck were destroyed.. She said she felt so sad and depressed because two of her small children wouldn't go near her.Even after surgery.. She couldnt bare it....She later took her own life.. It was a sad story...It is sad to read things like that.. So I believe it depends on the persons emotional state and how they handle it

Where is your charity and kind heart Ouija?

The homeless guy in the article is well into his 50's...by the time they reconstruct his face.. it will take years..by then he may not be fit for work..So i do not know where or what gives you the idea someone will give him a job.. He might get permanment care yes.. but a job etc.. thats pushing the boat out and I do not get why you push at Quija asking about where her kind heart is? She didnt say anything wrong or unkind.. she did point out a fact . .and fact is not everyone can cope with such horrific injuries.. some will after years of therapy .. some wont.. its life.. It is too easy to sit there and suggest he will be full of beans and get a job and so on..Put yourself in his shoes and think again..I am NOT suggesting he will take his own life.. I am suggesting we do not know how he will recover and cope.. only time will tell ..If you saw his poor face.. it will shock you and you eill see why some might think the poor man will have troble dealing with it.. Espeically if you were to picture yourself going through such a horrifying ordeal...I couldn't imagine it...I would not like to hear of this happening again to anyone..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I can *not* bring myself to have a peek at the photos... there's no way I can *shudders*.... no... and they really should not have published any photos of this man. Instead of taking the time to snap photos to publish, they should have been helping this man get to the hospital! This man has been violated in the worst way... just imagine if it was you or someone you knew personally. Everyone reading this forum, please mention this man in your prayers because he needs our prayers and well wishes.

The link to his poor face is posted in here..I saw it...sigh..it is pretty horrible..poor man there is nothing left of his poor face...If you get the courage to go look.. then you will see why some may think he might not be able to cope...it is pretty horrific to look at..I had to look to see.. and yes I believe in saying a prayer..of course.. I would not wish his unfortunate experience on to anyone ...

If you had seen the photo you would understand why I said what I did in my previous post. The poor soul now has NO nose and only one eye(no ears either?); think of the reconstruction operations he's going to need and the skin grafts for approx. 75% of his face.

*snip*

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
heated comment removed - It's understandable that this topic is highly emotive, but try refrain from posting heated remarks that could be percieved as snippy..

This man needs doctors and bloody good surgeons not prayers

• Like 2

I know, I know.... *guilty avatar*

but still... he should have armed himself if he's gonna live a dangerous lifestyle, imo. Or at least wear some Old Spice to keep others at bay.

I was thinking.. why did he not arm himself? Or why did he not fight back? I guess I'll never know the facts ..it is so very sad though..

I was thinking.. why did he not arm himself? Or why did he not fight back? I guess I'll never know the facts ..it is so very sad though..

Well, Eugene was half his age and looks pretty strong, plus 'possessed' in a sense, so I guess 'fighting back' wasn't really an option. The old guy may have been drunk, too ...... who knows?

This man needs doctors and bloody good surgeons not prayers

He needs both, surely?

Well, Eugene was half his age and looks pretty strong, plus 'possessed' in a sense, so I guess 'fighting back' wasn't really an option. The old guy may have been drunk, too ...... who knows?

Drunk? well I dunno..I wont assume he was But you have a point with the the age difference and the fact the attacker was stronger.. The old guy was likely not fit enough to fight back.. So sad

I remember a story of a man like him.. He was laying at a bus shelter and a young guy who was drunk..saw him seeping in the bus shelter.. The younger guy who was messed in the head.. Thought it be funny to pour petrol over the old homeless guy as he slept and he did.. killing him.. When I read the story years ago..I got so p***ed I wanted to string the young guy up for it..

Well that's not quite what she said. She thought he was either affected by drugs OR had a voodoo curse on him. She herself did not believe in voodoo so it sounds as if that was somebody elses idea that she was commenting on.

He has a record: he tried to kill his mother and when the police went to that incident he became the first person to have a taser used on him(by that police force? in that county/state? I don't know). One of the officers involved in that incident remembered Eugene didn't respond to them, stared right through them as if they weren't there.

That's the thing, we keep hearing 5 different stories, here is a couple of things that I have heard:

His family locked their house up like a fort to keep him out.

He tried to kill his morther

His mother and family saying he is a nice, quiet person and wouldn't harm anyone.

His girlfrind syaing he is a nice person etc.

His ex wife saying he beat her constantly etc so they divorced.

He was homeless.

He lives with his girlfriend.

He owns a car wash.

Then on top of that we have hardly any facts about if he had soemthing in his system.... Which is annoying me the most... Why the hell have they not done tests by now? Can we have someone who knows their stuff comment in here and tell us how long it should take for tests to be done and the results for serious case like this?

Well I didn't like to beleive it, it's from watching programs in the media. Specifically Scrubs mentioned it a few times along wiht other popular programs form the US.

I didn't think they would seriously turn anyone away. But it's not our fault we are shown programs made by the US that state otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up though.

I was wondering this as well, surely living on the streets that long, he msut know how to handle himself.

Lack of information as usual. This story is doing my nut in with lots of opinions and little facts coming from the media etc.

I even wondered at one point if the men where having sex and the officer shot them by mistake thinking they where fighting and all this is a cover up. But then I seen the guys face and that ruled the theory out straight away.

Something just doesn't seem right about this story, Either something more sinister or jsut really bad media covereage and lack of communication between the media and police.

Edited by Coffey

I'm not reading the rest of this. It's just tragic. And mentally ill people don't usually go around eating people's faces off. Read a little bit about mental illnesses and none of them mention that.

Sociopaths maybe. Sheesh.

I'm not reading the rest of this. It's just tragic. And mentally ill people don't usually go around eating people's faces off. Read a little bit about mental illnesses and none of them mention that.

Sociopaths maybe. Sheesh.

I don't think anyone was suggesting a mental problem alone could have caused someone to do this, but rather that a mental problem when combined with the use of powerful drugs might do it.

I don't think anyone was suggesting a mental problem alone could have caused someone to do this, but rather that a mental problem when combined with the use of powerful drugs might do it.

Any mental illness is made worse when ppl self medicate. I got about half way through and someone suggested the man was just mentally ill and I just stopped there.

He needs both, surely?

Don't have a link at the moment but one of the first articles I read the other day on this said the victim had a history of public intoxication citations. Based on that it's quite possible he was in no state to try and fend off a strong, younger man who was clearly in an altered state as well if he shrugged off bullets and kept going.

The chick that ate her baby a few years ago...The face-eater that doesn't respond to getting shot...All the schools/buses getting chemmed up and forcing Hazmat peeps to show up...The dude that threw his intestines at the cops...The dude in Maryland that admitted to eating people just recently...

So, this is the end of the world, eh? Weird...I thought there'd be more fire.

• Like 1