Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Naked man killed after eating man's face

Mysterious zombie

Don't have a link at the moment but one of the first articles I read the other day on this said the victim had a history of public intoxication citations. Based on that it's quite possible he was in no state to try and fend off a strong, younger man who was clearly in an altered state as well if he shrugged off bullets and kept going.

I think he only ignored the first bullet, which presumably was fired into somewhere where it would cause as little damage as possible(lower leg, for instance).

Thanks for the other info.

Edited by ouija ouija

I was wondering this as well, surely living on the streets that long, he msut know how to handle himself.

Lack of information as usual. This story is doing my nut in with lots of opinions and little facts coming from the media etc.

I even wondered at one point if the men where having sex and the officer shot them by mistake thinking they where fighting and all this is a cover up. But then I seen the guys face and that ruled the theory out straight away.

Something just doesn't seem right about this story, Either something more sinister or jsut really bad media covereage and lack of communication between the media and police.

When I saw the pictures of the man's face ( what was left of it ) the story went out of my head and all I could think of was HOLY COW this is just insane...A pic is meant to speak a thousand words.. but this one just winded me...It doesn't matter why or what made them do it.. what sinks in my mind is.. it was done and so very sick and disturbing..All I can see in my head now is the man's face...Trying to imagine what brought it on and why is too much to think about for me...I think this would spark off a few nightmares for some... If I saw this happen in a movie I would throw up watching it..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

At least they didn't show his PENIS! :clap:

i need to get out more :D

Also.......... you need to start thinking about something other than penises .......

When I saw the pictures of the man's face ( what was left of it ) the story went out of my head and all I could think of was HOLY COW this is just insane...A pic is meant to speak a thousand words.. but this one just winded me...It doesn't matter why or what made them do it.. what sinks in my mind is.. it was done and so very sick and disturbing..All I can see in my head now is the man's face...Trying to imagine what brought it on and why is too much to think about for me...I think this would spark off a few nightmares for some... If I saw this happen in a movie I would throw up watching it..

Yeah it was really bad, i suggest you watch cartoons or some kind of comedy films. That's what I do when I look or see soemthing too heavy. Everyones different, but I would try not to dwell on the image too much it wouldnt be helathy. I agree with what you are saying though, but I just want proper info and facts instead of all this jumbled rubbish.

Any mental illness is made worse when ppl self medicate. I got about half way through and someone suggested the man was just mentally ill and I just stopped there.

You get different kinds of mental illness that can cause people to do extreme things. There is loads of cases to back this up, just look at seriel killers.... I don't understand how you can think a mental illness can't cause this?

Did you check the photos, though? In one of them you can that see he wasn't fully naked.

It sort of looks like his pants might be off and that could possibly be his belt and pants next to him.

It's confusing, some reports say they were both naked some say just the attacker and then looking at the photos give a different account.

you think thats bad read this, all in the same week:

Engineering student, 21, 'stabbed and dismembered his roommate with knife then ate his brain and heart'

A 21-year-old electrical engineering student has been charged with first-degree murder after parts of a man’s dismembered body were found in his home a week after the man first went missing.

Alexander Kinyua confessed to police that he also ate his roommate’s heart and portions of the brain after killing him in their Joppa, Maryland town home.

This is the second deeply disturbing report of cannibalism to sweep the nation within a week. In the first, ‘Miami Cannibal’ Rudy Eugene tore off and ate most of the face of down-and-out homeless man Ronald Poppo.

http://www.dailymail...rain-heart.html

Edited by sean6

The homeless guy in the article is well into his 50's...by the time they reconstruct his face.. it will take years..by then he may not be fit for work..So i do not know where or what gives you the idea someone will give him a job.. He might get permanment care yes.. but a job etc..

The part I've been thinking about is the fact that he would have no health insurance, sure they will fix him up and make sure he lives but i'm not sure if he will get any reconstructive surgery. Most likely no permanent care afterwards. He could come out of this alive but severely disfigured. A sad situation he is in.

http://www.cnn.com/v...lt-cannibal.cnn

This is some scary stuff. Warning: Graphic pics

Didn't like the bit where she said the miami police have seen similar events in the past week.... :cry:

Hasn't there been another cannibal attack this week? I forget which city it was now.

Sean6 posted a link about the other attack further up the page...its post 157

Oh yes, silly me and thanks :su

Oh yes, silly me and thanks :su

No probs...i miss my house at times and thats a hell of a lot bigger...

• Like 1

Didn't like the bit where she said the miami police have seen similar events in the past week.... :cry:

Just watched the video new flash myself ...It makes you wonder.. what the hell is going on over in Miami ...I would hate to be a police officer and see these things happen in such a short space of time.. ..

You get different kinds of mental illness that can cause people to do extreme things. There is loads of cases to back this up, just look at seriel killers.... I don't understand how you can think a mental illness can't cause this?

(Cannibalism is not mentioned in the formal index of mental disorders, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The medical literature on the topic is likewise sparse.[18]) from Wiki

Most serial killers are not mentally ill but are sociopaths. There is a difference. Dahmer a good example, did not become labelled as mentally ill because he went to trial. If you are really mentally ill you should not be fit for trial and should be in a mental hospital. That is where the justice system is screwed up. People who have the most common mental illnesses like bipolar, ocd, depression, etc would never eat someone's face off. People who are not treated and have other issues like sociopath y and especially those who self medicate illegally, yes they will do things like this, but just labeling someone who does this as 'mentally ill' is stigmatizing mental illness.

I'm bipolar and follow my regime of medicines and have never once considered eating someone's face off.

(Cannibalism is not mentioned in the formal index of mental disorders, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The medical literature on the topic is likewise sparse.[18]) from Wiki

Most serial killers are not mentally ill but are sociopaths. There is a difference. Dahmer a good example, did not become labelled as mentally ill because he went to trial. If you are really mentally ill you should not be fit for trial and should be in a mental hospital. That is where the justice system is screwed up. People who have the most common mental illnesses like bipolar, ocd, depression, etc would never eat someone's face off. People who are not treated and have other issues like sociopath y and especially those who self medicate illegally, yes they will do things like this, but just labeling someone who does this as 'mentally ill' is stigmatizing mental illness.

I'm bipolar and follow my regime of medicines and have never once considered eating someone's face off.

Sorry but that's just nit picking. Saying someone is mentally ill for doing that is not labeling them the same as someone who has anxiety or depression type mental illnesses. There is different degrees of mental illness and different types.

I've suffered form anxiety and depresseion myself. I was mentally ill. Infact most people go through a stage of it in their life and you get people who like being mentally ill. (I know someone who never tries to help herself and she pretty much makes a big deal out if it as though she is proud of the fact)

Killing someone for no reason, rape, harming other or animals, yourself are all things that happen due to the person being mentally unstable. Which is mental illness.

Saying these 2 things is different is like saying 2 different diseases are different because the affect ifferent cells or parts of the body.

Just watched the video new flash myself ...It makes you wonder.. what the hell is going on over in Miami ...I would hate to be a police officer and see these things happen in such a short space of time.. ..

Must be pretty mad for them, they will probably need mental help after this, saying that they usually see some crazy stuff. But what you are saying is even more weight to what I was syaing about why aren't they pushing to find out why he did. Like testing the body etc. They need to know, so they can get sort the problem out before it goes too far. If it is drugs or somehting more sinister.

All these reports are weird and freaky though. I hope it's not some sort of goverment fear mongering so they cna pass some more laws to take away peoples freedom. lol

Sorry but that's just nit picking. Saying someone is mentally ill for doing that is not labeling them the same as someone who has anxiety or depression type mental illnesses. There is different degrees of mental illness and different types.

I've suffered form anxiety and depresseion myself. I was mentally ill. Infact most people go through a stage of it in their life and you get people who like being mentally ill. (I know someone who never tries to help herself and she pretty much makes a big deal out if it as though she is proud of the fact)

So that's why you shouldn't promote the stigma of mental illness. I was responding to someone who blatantly said, "oh he was probably just mentally ill" having no idea what they were saying like everyone who is mentally ill goes around doing this type of thing.

Also the way the laws are set up most of the people that are actually mentally ill and need help, are rotting away in prisons not being treated at all.

Mental illness is no different than having diabetes or cancer and my illness will never be 'cured'. I'll be on meds and therapy for the rest of my life.

Don't kid yourself that it HAD to be an unknown new drug, or a mental illness in order to justify the unknown to soothe your fears.

He was not mentally ill. Even if he, or the victim had been, the mental state and background has no effect on the cause of the attack itself.

This event, just happened to reach the news. There are others.

My advice, stay away from hospitals.

• Like 2

So that's why you shouldn't promote the stigma of mental illness. I was responding to someone who blatantly said, "oh he was probably just mentally ill" having no idea what they were saying like everyone who is mentally ill goes around doing this type of thing.

Also the way the laws are set up most of the people that are actually mentally ill and need help, are rotting away in prisons not being treated at all.

Mental illness is no different than having diabetes or cancer and my illness will never be 'cured'. I'll be on meds and therapy for the rest of my life.

Sorry i disagree with that. i beleive mental ilnneses come in different varieties and severity. i don't want to offend you cause you seem like a nice perosn and you have made it clear you are going through problems. I'd rather agree to disagree with you. I eprosnally don't like arguing. lol I do however respect your opion and the fact I could be wrong. I just view it that way.

Mental illness isn't that much like cancer. I know mental illness is serious you don't have to prove that to me, but cancer is worse. Mental illness also has more chance of being cured than cancer.

I think you should believe more in yourself, don't give in to it. You need to fight it, don't let your mental illnes beat you. There is ways to sort it. (I perosnally don't like meds for mental illness I feel doctors prescibe them to much to try and get rid of a problem)

What do you think caused this though? As I don't beleive it was drugs, not the kinds you can get on the street anyway. They don't cause anything worse than what alcohal can.

Don't kid yourself that it HAD to be an unknown new drug, or a mental illness in order to justify the unknown to soothe your fears.

He was not mentally ill. Even if he, or the victim had been, the mental state and background has no effect on the cause of the attack itself.

This event, just happened to reach the news. There are others.

My advice, stay away from hospitals.

Can you explain what you mean please? ( I mean that cause what you said got my attention)

Edited by Coffey

Have to say the man in Maryland who ate his friend's heart and brain doesn't sound like a sudden case of mental instability or the influence of any drug.

http://news.yahoo.com/md-man-accused-cannibalism-ranted-facebook-200409290.html

What is wrong with people?

All I have to say is that thoughts equal manifestations. So, if their are no drugs or anything obvious involved then it had to be all in their mind and manifested to actually happen.

I feel terrible for this man, his whole life is ruined- I wonder if he's even happy to have survived? Can you imagine the horror and flashbacks you'd have of that horrible day? I've seen pictures of his face and... it's like a bloody skull with some mangled flesh. My god, all he has are Voldemort style nose slits left. At least his blindness will prevent him from seeing what he looks like now, but everything about this is just terrible.

Why the sudden rise in cannablism? I wonder if theres a new street drug, or if its coincidence...

Can you explain what you mean please? ( I mean that cause what you said got my attention)

Take out the 'logical' conclusion of what it MUST be, and you do a little digging. Unexplained cannibal attacks are cropping up all over. If you want to discuss it further, PM me.

U.S. government says zombies are NOT real: Feds forced to deny existence of the undead after spate of attacks

Following several disturbing incidents involving cannibalism that have set the internet aflutter with rumours of an impending ‘Zombie Apocalypse,’ the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a statement on Friday saying that there is no cause to fear the walking dead.

http://www.dailymail...net-rumors.html

Edited by sean6