Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Person Speaks to Dead through Skype

Brian Topp

So...as someone who has little knowledge about Skype and has never used it, here is what I am understanding. If you have a Skype account, you can activate something called Crossover Talk that lets you talk to the dead?? Do they claim this is real or just fun? Have others had 'real' talk to the deat experiences with this? How does Skype claim they pull this off.

A lot of people has used cross over talk to talk to spirits. It's all over YouTube.

I don't know how that 'system' works, but I'm afraid you're simply applying your own wishful interpretation to those ludicrously garbled responses, if that's what they are. In keeping with most other 'paranormal investigators', I would guess that you lapse into the same self-deception when you interpret 'EVPs'.

Usually when I am working with evp's I am using an audio cleaner to break down the background noise and boost the quality of sound on the evp itself. I also present the evp to my other team members and we all talk about what we think the evp is actually saying. Sometimes when I reverse the EVP it also says something different, which I can't quite figure that one out myself. How can an evp say one thing, but when you reverse it, it says something different? It's doesn't sound like a reverse record playing garbage, it is an actual word. As for cross over talk, I've been using it for 2 years, so my ears have adjusted to the sound. Some words come out really clear, like when my girlfriend said the word Heaven, it was clear as day.

So I did some research and only two sites out of the 50 (Google only found 50 when i used the term Crossovertalk Skype).

One site is a dead website called http://ghostdatabase.com where I got this information by using google's cache.

Apart from a very dramatised with lack of how it acutally works, It says calls? Does that mean people are PAYING to talk to this program? I mean doesn't that bring questions? EDIT: Originally you had to pay to call them, then a few months later you could add them as a contact.

I have the free skype, so I do not pay to use cross over talk. :)

It's a bit like those guys who were talking to dead people through the radio yea. :unsure2:

So To make this brief, I found out that when this Crossovertalk started you acutally had to call the number. Then It changed to beable to add it as a contact and talk to it.

So I figured out how to add Crossovertalk to my contacts and gave it a call. Finally I was able to contact. As it was dialing I saw on the top right the words "ITC device" as it's information about the user on skype, which rang alarm bells (for us skeptics).

ITC is more commonly called a "Ghost Box" Or "Spirit Box" Or "FM/AM/CELL randomizer".

The Crossovertalk results:

The more I talked by using my mic and the louder i got, the more likely i get an fragmented response. The "voice" Some times sounds part of a word but has too much static reply, others sounds like a weird robotic-animal noise or some one trying to use computer chips to gargle their mouth. i disabled my mic and I kept getting random gibberish noises but not as loud. I am pretty good hearing but the noises that came out i can assume it is any thing. Listen to my previous post with the video, I can assume he said Pjs,Ham, quite etc. This falls under sound Pareidolia.

I spent 10mins with crossovertalk, until i got kicked and I really didn't experiance any thing paranormal.

The problem is that there is no real background about this information except youtube...

I'm sorry, Let me rephrase that. The problem with this skype call is that no one knows any thing except giving random opinions on youtube byinstantly claiming it is paranormal. ITC (or spirit box or what ever name you want to call it) has been proven to be a randomize autotuner that picks up random signals from radios and cell phones, CBs and walkie talkies. ITC can be replicated as evidence to prove it is NOT paranormal.

Can you tell me the number? This Sounds to good to be true. Id like to experiment with this

Edited by stevemagegod

Usually when I am working with evp's I am using an audio cleaner to break down the background noise and boost the quality of sound on the evp itself. I also present the evp to my other team members and we all talk about what we think the evp is actually saying. Sometimes when I reverse the EVP it also says something different, which I can't quite figure that one out myself. How can an evp say one thing, but when you reverse it, it says something different? It's doesn't sound like a reverse record playing garbage, it is an actual word. As for cross over talk, I've been using it for 2 years, so my ears have adjusted to the sound. Some words come out really clear, like when my girlfriend said the word Heaven, it was clear as day.

The problem is the subtitles. In your video it looked as if you were assuming words right away. Not "discussing and talking about what the 'EVP' s actually are saying". When you can come up with a conversation with the dead that doesn't need subtitles or have words repeated by you it will be something. It has been proven long ago that you can sugest someone is hearing something and then they in fact do.

Can you tell me the number? This Sounds to good to be true. Id like to experiment with this

Sure if you interested in messing with an AM/FM autotuner. As I said, They use to have it where you called the AM/FM Autotuner up with a phone line (Imagine seeing a late night TV advertisement telling people to call on their phone to speak with a GHOST (results vairy)

Here is instructions to add and contact the AM/FM Autotuner.

1. Have skype (if so you half way there)

2. Load Skype (awesome instructions so far huh!)

3. Left click Contacts, Then Left click Add contacts (by the way, Did you know potatos are tasty?)

4. A window will appear, do not be scared this is normal and unparanormal. Look for Full Name, Type crossovertalk (With no spaces).

5. On the right side you should see a gray words that say VIEW, left click it.

6. You get to choose 3 FM/AM auto tuners. Left click add contact.

7. Go back to main Skype window.

8. On your left look for Cross Over Talk, Left click it.

9. Press Call Phone.

10. Wait, Wait some more if you get to listen to the FM/AM Autotuner go to number 11.

11. Enjoy listening to the AM/FM autotuner.

Btw Did i some how forget to mention that this ITC is really an FM/AM Autotuner and has been proven time and again that Spirit Boxes, ITCs, franks Box, Ghost Box is just an Autotuner for fm/am/cell signals?

Edited by Brian Topp

The problem is the subtitles. In your video it looked as if you were assuming words right away. Not "discussing and talking about what the 'EVP' s actually are saying". When you can come up with a conversation with the dead that doesn't need subtitles or have words repeated by you it will be something. It has been proven long ago that you can sugest someone is hearing something and then they in fact do.

I do understand, it's like when you take a picture and you see a face in the picture, you tell people about what you see before they even look at the picture, then they will see it too. I only put in the words because it's hard to understand what is being said if you have never used cross over talk before.I do agree with you though.

I do understand, it's like when you take a picture and you see a face in the picture, you tell people about what you see before they even look at the picture, then they will see it too. I only put in the words because it's hard to understand what is being said if you have never used cross over talk before.I do agree with you though.

You're saying it as if it's abnormal that the mere mortals like me have never used cross over talk (wtf that is ) Fair enough!

• Like 1

ITCs are possible in many forms. They decide, we don't. I've been at it 30 yrs and used all kinds of equipment for ITCs. Results varried. Some good some not good. Anything is possible until proven not to be so.

• 2 months later...

So...as someone who has little knowledge about Skype and has never used it, here is what I am understanding. If you have a Skype account, you can activate something called Crossover Talk that lets you talk to the dead?? Do they claim this is real or just fun? Have others had 'real' talk to the deat experiences with this? How does Skype claim they pull this off.

Seriously, someone e-mail Skype and ask them how they've managed to talk to the dead and how its not ALL OVER THE NEWS? -_- *disappointment*