Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should I open my 3rd eye?

4-D

So I've been reading a lot on how to "open your third eye" and it seems easy enough. I think I'm clarevoiyant and they say opening the third eye helps alot of psychic see things.

I also heard some bad things about it... I don't know what I should do...I want to work on my abilities.

Anyone ever done this? and how did it change your life and are there any simple techniques?

There is nothing 'bad' about it, in our natural state it is natural to have it open. Technically it is always open, when you go to sleep and dream and astral project or meditate... it's more a case of connecting your awareness when you are consciously awake that marks the difference and that is what people finds takes work.

Best way imo is through meditation. Also taking into consideration that the third eye is one part of your chakra (energy system) and that like working out in the gym, you don't just focus on arms, but work on the entire set. Using meditation and basic energy work with your chakras will allow you to learn to feel your own energy field from others, and be able to ground yourself, and it all goes towards developing any psychic or clairvoyant sense too. Sometimes the third eye can be under active or over active or blocked because another chakra is out of wack. It's useful in being able to learn and feel where blockages come up so you can deal with them to keep yourself in good condition.

So google all these key things - meditations for chakra energy work, meditations for activating the third eye or pineal gland, meditations for grounding.

• Like 1

Well..assuming that the "third eye" exists, "opening" it is not something you do in a few minutes or even days. It is a process that takes time and really cannot be forced.

I think this is what is behind the so-called "bad" things that happen, people are in too much of a hurry because they read about all the supposed "cool" things one supposedly can do.

There is much to be done beforehand such as learning to calm the mind, to see what is there and not what you want to see.

All in all just take it slow and don't rush it or you could end up sabotaging your efforts.

Like trepanation?????? If that's what you're refering to, please don't even think about it.

So it already IS open? I guess I should 'fully" open it then. lol

I just want to be able to control the visions more.

I will try to meditate once it's quiet enough in my house. Is music ok to listen to while doing it?

I would think that one should make sure the other "chakras" are in reasonable balance first.

If your "third eye" is already open then it will become more active on its own via meditating or other avenues. Again, if you try to force it then you might create more of a dis-balance.

I will try to meditate once it's quiet enough in my house. Is music ok to listen to while doing it?

Hi,

May I suggest the following exercises.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/exercises/twin_flame.html

The 3rd eye is truly integrated with your entire chakra system. That is the primary consideration, not how I present this information.

Music and meditation would not work for me but if it works for you then go for it.

Best Wishes!!

John

No, you should not, the third eye is a natural part of the human energy body this is true, however it is not a good idea to force it open as it is closed for a reason... once opened you will be able to see everything including evil spirits, but don't take my word for it do the research yourself

Yes.... If it relaxes you or helps you quite your mind. Tibetan meditation music, shamanic drums, and spirit flute works well for me.

People tend to give up if you cant gain something straight away. For example yet again the Gym. People who go to the gmy and if after 3 months they dont see a huge difference, they merely give up. I havnt read too much into the whole Third eye thing, but if it can help you than dont be afraid. What do you possibly have to lose. In the process of learning to open your third eye, so to speak, i dont know. You learn to calm your mind and your body, which to me are both veru useful skills.

• Like 1

People tend to give up if you cant gain something straight away. For example yet again the Gym. People who go to the gmy and if after 3 months they dont see a huge difference, they merely give up. I havnt read too much into the whole Third eye thing, but if it can help you than dont be afraid. What do you possibly have to lose. In the process of learning to open your third eye, so to speak, i dont know. You learn to calm your mind and your body, which to me are both veru useful skills.

This is a very correct statement. Real results do not come overnight. Or even over many nights. This is true for so many things.

Balancing my chakras helps me out alot, I use brainwaves and isochronic tones to meditate. I've posted this link in a different topic before but I'll renounce it again for this OP. Brainwave entertainment really works well for me, especially with the aide of opening my third eye. Spiritual isochronic tones are my favorite ones to use. They have a few different kinds of chakra meditations and they also carry a tone for helping you open your third eye. I would highly recommend this website to check out sometime if you'd like, every single tone is free of charge to be used or downloaded.

http://iso-tones.com/index.php/tones/spiritual

What does opening it achieve?

What does opening it achieve?

For some, it is the door way to the Inner Self.

The 3rd eye region is where the pineal and pituitary glands are physically located. The chakra in that region is often seen as a vortex for latent human potentials.

So I guess a lot depends on what you wish to achieve. What you would like to accomplish with your own energetic potentials.

John

Yes.... If it relaxes you or helps you quite your mind. Tibetan meditation music, shamanic drums, and spirit flute works well for me.

A couple of tots of Navy rum does it for me - without all the banging and whistling!

For some, it is the door way to the Inner Self.

The 3rd eye region is where the pineal and pituitary glands are physically located. The chakra in that region is often seen as a vortex for latent human potentials.

So I guess a lot depends on what you wish to achieve. What you would like to accomplish with your own energetic potentials.

John

What is possible to achieve by opening it? What does one get when they open the door to their inner self?

What is possible to achieve by opening it? What does one get when they open the door to their inner self?

The inner self is the real you. Your energetic essence. When you bring that aspect of you into your physical reality your life becomes more joy filled and adventurous.

• Like 1

The third eye is an energy centre of the human body or in Eastern terminology a chakra. Opening this centre of energy before opening other centres of energy which are more primary, can cause imbalance and can make you sick. By sick, I mean not just physically, but mentally in that you will be seeing new things and not be able to discern what you are perceiving, and not be able to shut it off. Opening the third eye is akin to seeking clairvoyance and in the same way some people can become clairaudient and start hearing voices, it can be quite dangerous mentally for the individual. What I am saying is if you wish to open centres of energy in your human body then you should find someone qualified to supervise you and follow a meditative path or well established teaching into this process.

A couple of tots of Navy rum does it for me - without all the banging and whistling!

A couple shots of cap... Or a good mahi tai... I'll agree.... But it's a dulled relaxation.