Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Rubino

Then why would they embrace the spirtual symbolism of such entities if they thought such and went about daily routine type rituals? Again for example the Hellfire Club embracing Satan in their club and if the tale is true using their founding members [reserved head as a baphomet, While you are certainly correct and don't dispute many organizations back then up to now participate in rituals etc. without being religious or even politicallymotivated for that matter. However what is odd is that many organizations choose such infernal candidates to embrace early on is all I am saying and it leads to wondering what faounding members really beleived and to what degree.

SINcerely,

:devil:

seraph they have little ceremonies to induct people blah blah blah but not rituals in the sense you are thinking.i just spoke with my father who wanted to say that there are Masons who are Jewish, Christian, Msulim etc however there are no Atheists nor Satanists. Mason's believe in a higher power they refer to as the grand geomatrician or the grand arcitechict. They believe one must be of a certain character and hold themselves in a good moral sranding with himself and the community. perhaps there are outside groups that do different things but there are also extreme groups within religion and so on. i can tell you the Masons my father belongs to do not partake in worshipping, in fact they do not discuss religion or politics. It is basically boyscouts for men as I said earlier...I don't really see much difference with a moose lodge or something of that nature.

seraph they have little ceremonies to induct people blah blah blah but not rituals in the sense you are thinking.i just spoke with my father who wanted to say that there are Masons who are Jewish, Christian, Msulim etc however there are no Atheists nor Satanists. Mason's believe in a higher power they refer to as the grand geomatrician or the grand arcitechict. They believe one must be of a certain character and hold themselves in a good moral sranding with himself and the community. perhaps there are outside groups that do different things but there are also extreme groups within religion and so on. i can tell you the Masons my father belongs to do not partake in worshipping, in fact they do not discuss religion or politics. It is basically boyscouts for men as I said earlier...I don't really see much difference with a moose lodge or something of that nature.

Greetings Stargazer. Forgive me but I feel you are missunderstanding me. It's likely a fault of mine somewhere so will do my best to clarify.

I am aware that Masonry holds ceremonies, and am well aware that Maonry consists of various religions denominations. My point is what was Masonry founded on? The practices and rituals held by members when they started Free Masonry not what it is today. Tht includes your dad and other members Dads as they are currently or formerly members now, they remain very, VERY new to an old organization. I agree with everything you said. However I think you seem to beleive I suspect Masonry is rampant with Satanism. That is not the case. I am curious though how organizations that state they don't worship Satan embrace Baphomet insignia and others that are of a left hand path opposite to God. Maybe yuor Daddy didn't participate and maybe the organization isn't what it was (as it certainly isn't). Our founding fathers appear to have held many revolutionary "Satanic" (individualistic=selfish) concepts. ANd as ANton LaVey quipped. Had people been more aware of our great thinkers like Ben Franklin our UNited states would've possibly been called the United States of Satan. And again I ask, if Masonry has NO TIES to Satanism, why Baphomet and Satanic insignia instead of crosses everywhere? Because possibly the origins of Masonry are darker then the rosey God loving members of today instead of the revilutionary deists ofthe past?

SINcerely,

EDIT: GOD awful spelling.

Edited by Dying Seraph

Greetings Stargazer. Forgive me but I feel you are missunderstanding me. It's likely a fault of mine somewhere so will do my best to clarify.

I am aware that Masonry holds ceremonies, and am well aware that Maonry consists of various religions denominations. My point is what was Masonry founded on? The practices and rituals held by members when they started Free Masonry not what it is today. Tht includes your dad and other members Dads as they are currently or formerly members now, they remain very, VERY new to an old organization. I agree with everything you said. However I think you seem to beleive I suspect Masonry is rampant with Satanism. That is not the case. I am curious though how organizations that state they don't worship Satan embrace Baphomet insignia and others that are of a left hand path opposite to God. Maybe yuor Daddy didn't participate and maybe the organization isn't what it was (as it certainly isn't). Our founding fathers appear to have held many revolutionary "Satanic" (individualistic=selfish) concepts. ANd as ANton LaVey quipped. Had people been more aware of our great thinkers like Ben Franklin our UNited states would've possibly been called the United States of Satan. And again I ask, if Masonry has NO TIES to Satanism, why Baphomet and Satanic insignia instead of crosses everywhere? Because possibly the origins of Masonry are darker then the rosey God loving members of today instead of the revilutionary deists ofthe past?

SINcerely,

EDIT: GOD awful spelling.

Well i believe I did misunderstand you Seraph. My father is unaware of any symbol they used being tied to Satanism. he said they use many symbols, Masonary is based on symbols and goes back to King Solomon. I'm not knowledgeable in this but personally I am aware that many groups over many times in history have taken symbols and used it for some other other meaning like the Swatika for example. everyone relates that to hitler yet the symbol had an earlier meaning.

All my experience with Masons has lead me to the impression that they are semi-exclusionary, usually well-off, old farts generally worshiping business and boredom.

All my experience with Masons has lead me to the impression that they are semi-exclusionary, usually well-off, old farts generally worshiping business and boredom.

boredom you say?

Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

Well i believe I did misunderstand you Seraph. My father is unaware of any symbol they used being tied to Satanism. he said they use many symbols, Masonary is based on symbols and goes back to King Solomon. I'm not knowledgeable in this but personally I am aware that many groups over many times in history have taken symbols and used it for some other other meaning like the Swatika for example. everyone relates that to hitler yet the symbol had an earlier meaning.

This is what the Order of the Eastern Star (female Masonic lodge) has on all their buildings:

Oes_GGC_color.PNG

From the Church of Satan:

baphomet.jpg

I think there is Luciferian philosophy involved, but not so much devil worship, but elevating man up, which is Luciferian in theory based on biblical ideas, which is looked down on when the bible teaches men are supposed to grovel and beg for forgiveness for being filthy sinners. It's the same idea when the questioned the Statue of Liberty being Luciferian, light-bringer, it is, seeking illumination, rising up (symbology of oblelisks), all could be viewed as Luciferian ideas. Church of Satan shares some of these views as well. There was a big deal about Catholics not being allowed to be Masons; trying to rise up and gain illumination, become enlightened (all ideas of our forefathers) contradicts begging a priest to gain forgiveness for you. Simply, one is about independence and the other dependence on God and church.

• Like 1

The pentagram has been used by many faiths and peoples over the course of human history. It has meant a lot of different things too. Not all of them evil.

• Like 2

Most of them not evil. :yes:

3c5993a6e6fe18d29e87660a72cb730d.jpg

This is a church in Hannover (Marktkirche, 14th century). It was a symbol meant for protection.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

I think there is Luciferian philosophy involved, but not so much devil worship, but elevating man up, which is Luciferian in theory based on biblical ideas, which is looked down on when the bible teaches men are supposed to grovel and beg for forgiveness for being filthy sinners. It's the same idea when the questioned the Statue of Liberty being Luciferian, light-bringer, it is, seeking illumination, rising up (symbology of oblelisks), all could be viewed as Luciferian ideas. Church of Satan shares some of these views as well. There was a big deal about Catholics not being allowed to be Masons; trying to rise up and gain illumination, become enlightened (all ideas of our forefathers) contradicts begging a priest to gain forgiveness for you. Simply, one is about independence and the other dependence on God and church.

Well said. I think you have something there. A common Masonic quote; "in search of more light." There are also different degrees of Masonary the highest being 33rd degree and just under is the Master Mason.

• Like 1

Well said. I think you have something there. A common Masonic quote; "in search of more light." There are also different degrees of Masonary the highest being 33rd degree and just under is the Master Mason.

Oh really, is that a quote? I mean I see the Luciferian connecttion, but not in a bad way, but that not letting go and letting God but seeking your own inner brilliance, if that makes any sense. Bible ideals frown on that, you need to accept, accept and realize you need forgiveness, no real self-improvement or betterment potential in that, imo, that's what I see the connection is with Masonry and what I see as Luciferian concepts, but I do NOT think it's evil. The evil label is smacked on there by those wishing to control and suppress.

• Like 1

Chloe, stargazer, et al.

There was a big deal about Catholics not being allowed to be Masons; trying to rise up and gain illumination, become enlightened (all ideas of our forefathers) contradicts begging a priest to gain forgiveness for you. Simply, one is about independence and the other dependence on God and church.

Although it is true that Catholics oppose Masons, they are not the only Christian denomination with that view. John Ankerberg, for instance, is as hostile as any Catholic I've ever heard:

http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/apologetics/AP0401W4.htm

The chief and abiding objection seems to be a perception of Masonic deism or "naturalistic religion." What the Masons present as organizational neutrality among the monotheistic religions popular in the West, and an emphasis on what all who qualify for membership might agree upon, the creedal churches see as rejection of revelation, denial of the unique status of Jesus, and a diminished role for faith. Ironically, some Protestants critize Masons for emphasizing "works," which a chief complaint they make against Catholics.

There doesn't seem to be any serious concern about "devil worship," however. The Masonic symbols that aren't direct references to construction tools and weapons, the elements of the characteristic Masonic mythology, seem to me to be the common heritage of humankind. Some of those motifs have indeed become "attached" to legends of Solomon. Well, OK, Solomon is a major character in the Masonic mythology. Scratch one unexplained mystery.

Some idea of the actual Catholic objections, including a survey of non-Catholic criticisms, can be found here:

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?id=5285&CFID=5651193&CFTOKEN=23188539

It's a long read, but there is a lot of content there.

Oh really, is that a quote? I mean I see the Luciferian connecttion, but not in a bad way, but that not letting go and letting God but seeking your own inner brilliance, if that makes any sense. Bible ideals frown on that, you need to accept, accept and realize you need forgiveness, no real self-improvement or betterment potential in that, imo, that's what I see the connection is with Masonry and what I see as Luciferian concepts, but I do NOT think it's evil. The evil label is smacked on there by those wishing to control and suppress.

It is a quote they use frequently and that appears on Masonary objects. It doesn't surprise me that people might hold the idea that Mason's are Devil worshippers. It seems any group that challenges religious things in the church's eyes gets simply labeled as devil worshipping or a cult etc...My father is a Master Mason I've been around it a while and I can say that people would be surprised all the misconceptions however it is not a misconception that The Mason's can be secretive and have connections in their brotherhood.

• Like 1

It is a quote they use frequently and that appears on Masonary objects. It doesn't surprise me that people might hold the idea that Mason's are Devil worshippers. It seems any group that challenges religious things in the church's eyes gets simply labeled as devil worshipping or a cult etc...My father is a Master Mason I've been around it a while and I can say that people would be surprised all the misconceptions however it is not a misconception that The Mason's can be secretive and have connections in their brotherhood.

The entry requirements are a belief in a creator.

If you believe lucifer has created the universe you meet the entry requirements. If you believe you created the universe you meet the entry requirements.

You dont need to be a Christain or conform to a Christainity type God.

The entry requirements are a belief in a creator.

If you believe lucifer has created the universe you meet the entry requirements. If you believe you created the universe you meet the entry requirements.

You dont need to be a Christain or conform to a Christainity type God.

You're paetially corect, yes you must believe in a higher power but certain things are not allowed. You can't simply say I think i am God or Lucifer is God. Entry requirements also involve a lot of other things and Mason's are chosen by other Masons.

Edited by stargazer123

You're paetially corect, yes you must believe in a higher power but certain things are not allowed. You can't simply say I think i am God or Lucifer is God. Entry requirements also involve a lot of other things and Mason's are chosen by other Masons.

The problem here is people expect the Masons to only except a Christain, Muslim or Jewish version of the creator. Its actually open to people from all faiths.

Some faiths on this planet are unusual such as Buddhism because in them you are the creator of reality. In Buddhism there is no seperate God being, seperate people or a universe made out of seperate parts. There is only oneness and the deepest level of your mind is that oneness. You self-create reality and you are the creator.

If you joined the Masons and explained that properly and why its true you'd leave your first session a 33rd Degree Mason. Ask yourself who is God?

The answer is 'I am' and in the higher levels of the Masons you would understand what 'I am' means. Regardless of the religion or route taken through the Masons all roads lead to 'I am'

You are the creator as you are the oneness.

The problem here is people expect the Masons to only except a Christain, Muslim or Jewish version of the creator. Its actually open to people from all faiths.

Some faiths on this planet are unusual such as Buddhism because in them you are the creator of reality. In Buddhism there is no seperate God being, seperate people or a universe made out of seperate parts. There is only oneness and the deepest level of your mind is that oneness. You self-create reality and you are the creator.

If you joined the Masons and explained that properly and why its true you'd leave your first session a 33rd Degree Mason. Ask yourself who is God?

The answer is 'I am' and in the higher levels of the Masons you would understand what 'I am' means. Regardless of the religion or route taken through the Masons all roads lead to 'I am'

You are the creator as you are the oneness.

As far as has I know, Mason's do not only accept those three faiths mentioned however they do not allow certain things as I said prior. Mason's work their way to different levels, they do not achieve a 33rd degree just because they have understanding of "I am" or God etc....there are other things involved in achieving higher degree of Masonary.

Edited by stargazer123

I probably should have just referred everyone to the book called the Ahiman Rezon, which is the Consitution of the Masons( properly translated from Hebrew meaning Brother of the Right hand Secret, ) Instead of babbling like I tend to do and than confuse myself. The book my father posesses is based on the original manuscript and the laws of Masonary published in 1756. It gives the laws for Masonary but there are aspects which are kept between Mason's and are not allowed to be talked about so full knowledge of exactly what Masonary entails are left to anyone's guess, especially with so many different sects and lodges and the only knowledge I have is the division my family belongs to. Other than that i cannot say what Mason's are doing or who they are allowing in and basing degrees on in other places and that is basically all I can think to say.

Atheistic Satanism-persuit of self knowledge, self awareness and indulging in carnal desires of the flesh instead of compulsion or abastaining from our desires...by these degrees the founding fathers of Masonry..of our great country were indeed "Satanic." Again not as literal Satan worshippers. To say "Skrew you England! We are independant and our own people." SUch rebellion as a child (US) saying no to it's parent (England) and rebelling...doesn't get much more individualistic and ego fulfilling then that! lol Our constitution is laced with "Satanic" thought of individuality and our rights as individuals and our persuit to life, liberty,and happiness.

It's really quite easy to picture Benjamin Franklin (One of our nations great minds) comingling with prostitutes, sipping on fine wine and delicious gluttonous amounts of food around, hashing out the plans for our United States.

All that said I hope I at least dug myself out of a hole in attempting to convey my point. Thank you Chloe for helping. lmao Sometime brain mine, no work. <_<

SINcerely,

• 1 month later...

Do Masons worship Satan?

In a book written my a Mason named Albert Pike it says, “LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!“

Do Freemasons worship Satan?

no they do not.

my exhusband is a mason and i can guarantee you he does not worship satan. he is a lot of very undesirable things, but a satan worshipper is not one of them