Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bradley Manning Trial

Babe Ruth

I would try him for his crimes, yes. Just as any other criminal. It seems likely that if all that could be done is charging him with breaching security that he would get off with only a little time... maybe time served. Or maybe he would get 20+ years.

I still think he should take the plea bargin.
  • Like 1

Just curious as to how you might have treated Daniel Ellsberg?

I probably would have done it the way it played out. He did right by first going to various Senators, and then other political figures, and when they would not act he gave it to the NY Times. That forced the Senate's hand and they put the documents on the record.

Ellsberg was tried as he should have been, and was Mistrialed because of the illegal evidence gathering of the government. If the government had simply presented their case, Ellsberg would have went to jail for a decade. It was probably his giving it to the NY Times that put him in criminal standing. I suppose he felt strongly enough he was willing to go to prison to bring forward this information.

Since Manning was a Federal Employee, he can't whistleblow legally by going outside the Federal government system. Going to public media, and especially foreign public media aborts his protections.

I probably would have done it the way it played out. He did right by first going to various Senators, and then other political figures, and when they would not act he gave it to the NY Times. That forced the Senate's hand and they put the documents on the record.

Ellsberg was tried as he should have been, and was Mistrialed because of the illegal evidence gathering of the government. If the government had simply presented their case, Ellsberg would have went to jail for a decade. It was probably his giving it to the NY Times that put him in criminal standing. I suppose he felt strongly enough he was willing to go to prison to bring forward this information.

Since Manning was a Federal Employee, he can't whistleblow legally by going outside the Federal government system. Going to public media, and especially foreign public media aborts his protections.

Could it be that Ellsberg as a young officer working in the Pentagon knew the same thing that Manning knew--keeping it in the chain of command would have been tantamount to its not getting out at all?