Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

L.A. Kings on the way to hold stanley cup!

Indiogene

http://aol.sportingn...la-kings-devils

In the #8 playoff spot in the NHL western conference, the Los Angeles Kings are a crowd-pleaser in professional ice hockey and are a game away from winning their first Stanley cup in Game 4 against the New Jersey Devils whom defeated the #1 New York Rangers in the eastern conference finals themselves. The Kings along with the Anaheim Ducks (I root for them since their days as the "Mighty Ducks") whom won their first and so far only stanley cup in 2007 against the Ottawa Senators, proves the passion of ice hockey is aflame in Southern California and the west coast, but I feel sorry for the San Jose Sharks after 20 seasons not being in the cup et al (my wife's hometown is San Mateo in between San Francisco and San Jose). Honestly, the Kings are the best performing post-season team of all time in the National Hockey League, said this mighty Ducks fan.

Edited by Mike the Autist-ic

Update: the Devils :devil: cursed the Kings in game 4, therefore the Kings have one more chance on game 5 to win the Stanley Cup. :clap: Bring it on, L.A. Kings! Bring it on.

Dangnabbit! Game 5 was a bust and the series returned to L.A. for game 6 last night, when the Kings finally won by 6-1 score at home ice: the Staples Center. Go QUICK #32!

• Like 1

Months ago, even before the season started, I predicted that the Kings would win the cup ! It's all documented in the Canadians thread. :D

Simon Gagné is the man ! And Quick will win the Vezina ! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :clap: :clap:

1339473591_6807_2012%20Stanley%20Cup%20Final%20LA%20Kings%204.jpg

Edited by JonathanVonErich

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of people were quoted as saying the LA KIngs would win the Cup at the beginning of the season. They underachieved during the regular season but definitely had it all come together for their Stanley Cup winning playoff run. And they did it on the backs of north american born hockey players. Notice how every year the team that wins out of 30 is always a team predominately north american? ...with an exception of the Detroit Redwings over the past 17 yrs who had some key Europeans.

Edited by acidhead